The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The HK Files

Notices

Old May 12, 2018, 10:00   #1
NFADLR
Banned

FALaholic #: 7480
WTK: How to fix 22 conversion barrel

I inadvertently closed a HK22 conversion barrel in a safe and bent the end of the barrel.

Need to construct a taper die to straighten the barrel end or ?

Lightly the business end into the aforementioned die or ?

Pics to come if I can get the pos computer in my man cave to work.

It needs a reinstall of its OS's and I don't have the patience of late.

Anyone LOCAL care to contract with me to install Winblows XP and 7 on a shuttle box ?

Last edited by NFADLR; May 13, 2018 at 21:09.
NFADLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 20:48   #2
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Have one of my five Windows XP machines acting up. Making sure all is backed up before I get the blue screen of death if unrecoverable. Do not want to flash firmware on 1/4 million dollors in CNC router, large format thermal printers and various knife/pen plotters as it always nuts up in one or two plus have to upgrade four licensed copies of software to run machines. Thats $3,200 to upgrade software plus four new computers, reloading all software, half of which is cloud based which pay rent instead of own and all associated headaches. The XP Pro network has been running rock solid for well over a decade.

Friend emailed and said their home computer and laptop OS from Apple is about to be dropped from factory support and were given a date they needed to replace as they will just quit on said day to never run again which I find odd. Have a 286 machine running DOS still running a 486 machine and a Pentium 1 with old copy of Windows as many old Motorola and other radios cannot be reprogrammed from a modern machine because port speed is too fast for them to accept the data. Sometimes USB 2 or 3 is not better nor is a faster machine. Laptop and netbook are Win 7 and my email/Internet computer is Win 10. All my radio shack computers are mix of old machines. Before NASA shut down shuttle program had a full team of folks who shopped ebay and craigslist for obsolete computer parts to keep their systems up and running, scary eh? But I prefer the oldest machine thats proven stable and can get job needed done.

What do you need to straighten barrel? Can you take picture of you issue and post? Used to be common for thin profile barrels to get damaged so muzzle was slightly pinched or dent in in it and could find appropriate size ball bearing, heat barrel (use an anti-scaling coating inside of bore or pump welder shielding gas through bore as heat) and drive ball bearing in muzzle then back out, not all way through unless dent is way down bore.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 01:14   #3
toys
Registered

FALaholic #: 64100
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
I inadvertently closed a HK22 conversion barrel in a safe and bent the end of the barrel.

Need to construct a taper die to straighten the barrel end or ?

Lightly the business end into the aforementioned die or ?

Pics to come if I can get the pos computer in my man cave to work.

It needs a reinstall of its OS's and I don't have the patience of late.

Anyone LOCAL care to contract with me to install Winblows XP and 7 on a shuttle box ?
depending on how much is bent or how close to the end, you may as want to consider just cutting and recrowning.
toys is offline   Reply With Quote