The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old November 15, 2017, 10:02   #751
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Have over 100,000 capacitors, resistors and other electonic parts in Faraday boxes. Also ocilliscopes, meters and such to do repairs. If you require any specialized medical equipment then spare or double spares in Faraday boxes. Also someome needs the skills to repair electonics. We need tools and communications for situational awareness. Need air filtration to work so learn or recruit someone that lives in four hours walking distance of you. We have two doctors on list whos office is a 10 minute jog from house and both are distance runners. They live a 30 minute jog from house. I don't want to send people out to know what's going on around us. Why much of my perimeter alarm is Vietnam era and not prone to issues from EMP. Some will go back to pre Christ era technology with modern twist.

Hate to admit this but posted enough pictures that my belief is every household should have a dozen rifles can fight with along with small bore for small game and a few long range rifles. Each fighting rifle needs spare parts and enough ammo to run it till it quits. A good AR 15 will munch 20,000 rounds with maintenance. A M1a or Garrand is good for 10,000 but be sloppy toward end. My sniping rifles have anywhere from 700 round to 5,000 round barrel life. A 7mm Practical will smoke the throat before 1,000 rounds but is a rule changer. An AR 10 in 6XC will run 5,000 plus accurate rounds in the 800 to 1,000 yard range. So rifles and handguns to support however many people feel may adopt. I would consider a quarter million rimfire, 100,000 5.56, same in 7.62 NATO minimum. Am prepared to arm my dozen plus another if necessary.

When it comes apart have to think about all your friends and relatives that will show up, how many can you support? Any that are dead weight, turn away. Have one friend with zero conscious whose job will be to filter anyone not on the list. Many may get shot if protest not allowed in the house. But people with no skills or ability to learn will drag you down. Social liberals don't come in the door. One person on our list is a psychiatrist who says 9 to 12 people is maximum house can support without cabin fever causing us to kill each other. Have three houses inside 1/3 mile will either burn with residents inside if no help shows or sweep and use to house overflow. Yep, it will be a cruel world. Our shrink has two years supply of best mood leveling medication on market for at least 10 people on site. Says will prescribe based on how each person reacts to close quarters and stress. May just put in food supply.

Everything else is mission, region, situation specific. If bugging in or bugging out. We have created a home that bugging in is best solution, especially with health issues. My wife is in bad health but a dentist even in a wheelchair that can run the radios, surveillance systems and shoot is worth keeping. My job will be to train my replacement as in five years run out of the medications required to live. If have a medication you need to live, stockpile it. There are some better meds for my issues but have short shelf life. Use the ones that work but store longest. Main thing is have a plan and ability to be fluid as situation evolves. My plan is create a hive and then set it up to continue after they burn my dead carcass.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40   #752
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Small DC low voltage devices will be less succeptible to an EMP as not generally attached to grid. Also can recharge batteries for a long time if know how to keep them sharp. Have rchargable NiCad batteries dated as going into service back to 2007 still in service. This is tail end of bi monthly battery check and charge cycle. Some just charged, others cycled three discharge/charge cycles and some run on refresh or break in cycles. This is my bedroom charging station, have another downstairs and one at work. Day one of odd months start battery duty.

Every flashlight, radio, remote control and any device that uses DC small batteries got fresh batteries last week and been charging all that came out plus dead ones that collect in the discharge baskets for two weeks. Larger batteries and tool batteries plus some small done downstairs and tool plus small needed at work done there. Whenever buy a new flashlight or device buy more recharges to go with it and write month and year put into service on them with sharpie marker. Even have rechargeable CR123 and button batteries. When all are charged and devices full have over 200 assorted size and type AA, AAA, C, D, CR123, etc ready to swap in as devices go dead.

One of these go in my pocket or on belt everyday in case phone runs low during the day so no worries about overusing phone. Have AA versions in all my overt vests with 5v output and a second with 12v output for backup power of radios, phones and other electronics.

Be ready to if whatever emergency hits to run your small devices without worry. Flashlights, phones, radios and such are as important as big generators for structures. I even swapped in fresh batteries for all the night vision and weapons lights. Have a system and list to ensure all are rotated regularly so don't find a device ruined by corroded batteries or picked up to use in a fight and weapons sight be dead or die in few minutes due to weak batteries. Knowing have enough flashlights and hot batteries to run a month as primary light sources before charge anything is peace of mind and can charge off my big battery stacks if grid down and don't want to run generators.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:26   #753
legolas1
Registered

FALaholic #: 34296
Huey, interesting stuff, thanks for the info. Just wondering, how long until all the batteries run out of juice? Considering an EMP in which all the electricity is gone for the foreseeable future, no gas for generators, no spare parts for breakage, no repair or resupply available, how long can the batteries be recharged? Will solar cells survive an EMP? Deep cycle batteries will last for a while but eventually run out of cycle life, and there would be no replacement.

If one had limited resources to prepare, would wood stoves, oil lamps and candles cost less and endure longer?
legolas1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:39   #754
legolas1
Registered

FALaholic #: 34296
It looks like the gov is getting more concerned about NK missiles, Drudge article notes increased spending on immediate post launch interception by drones and IR missiles off F-22's, which could be a 1 way trip for the F-22 pilot. Concern is that NK is biding it's time and building multiple missiles so that it could swarm launch and overwhelm any defensive measures.
legolas1 is online now   Reply With Quote