The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Vendor Discussion Forums > General Manufacturers, Vendors and Gunsmiths

Notices

Old January 16, 2006, 11:28   #51
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Re: FAL recievers

The QC problems were in the mid 90s.

Do a search on the 2005 inch patterns. No change in the QC problems.

Quote:
Originally posted by armsoffreedom
DONT condem things so quickly. Remember that we all goof. It is the same with manufactures too.
Would you consider Entre'prise taking surplus import floorplates, engraving them "EAI ", spraypainting them black and selling them as US made 922 compliant parts to be a "goof"?

Old January 16, 2006, 14:40   #52
Stranger
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3555
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2006, 17:07   #53
Tomovich
Registered

FALaholic #: 8814
No $H!T?????? Wouldn't that be putting HUNDREDS if not thousands of customers at riske of a felony arrest and conviction??????

Kalashnikov Collector's Association and FAL addict
Tomovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 01, 2006, 00:40   #54
truckjohn
Registered

FALaholic #: 19464
Doubt it would cause you any trouble.....

You have a receipt that states it is a US made
compliant part....

It is engraved with US manufacturer markings......

So.... it is US made.

In "theory" anyone could do the same -- take foreign gas pistons,
grind a flat in them and mark them "Whatever Co" USA......
How would you actually know?

Best regards

John
truckjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 01, 2006, 10:33   #55
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by truckjohn
How would you actually know?
John
There are two questions "How would you know" questions, I suppose. The first, its pretty easy to identify a US part. Particualraly when you have hundreds if not thousands of import parts with which to compare.. Tool Mark forensics. Not heavy CSI stuff, but like the DSA -USA engraved hammer with an Austrian proof mark on it, and the Receiver bearing Brazilian batch marks , but engraved "SAW, CHandler AZ" - it just doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that something smells rotten.

When the substrate is rusted, but the engraving is not, the oxidation occured prior to engraving. Duh!

Now "how would you know" from a philosophical standpoint - When a company blatantly lies and cheats ona $2 part, can any correlation be made to how you will be treated with a complaint on a $300 part or a $1000 rifle?

Entreprise sold any shred of company integrity for $2. Whats your honor worth?
Old March 01, 2006, 12:52   #56
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
The Entreprise followers and floorplates I have are not marked like those in the picture. FPs are stamped Made in USA, and the followers are not marked on mine. I bought them 2-3 years ago.

The floorplates on the $3.00 magazines that were selling a while back look better than that one. If they were going to cheat, you would think they would at least blast and parkerize them.

Last edited by Mebsuta; March 01, 2006 at 12:59.
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 01, 2006, 14:02   #57
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mebsuta
If they were going to cheat, you would think they would at least blast and parkerize them.
It was rattle-can painted black. I dipped it in alcohol to strip the paint. It came with an Invoice from EAI
Old March 02, 2006, 09:15   #58
derek huffman, azexarms
Perm Banned

FALaholic #: 206
Plus years of trolling on the old board, from "anon" IPs all originating from Kalifornia.

Funny how everyone who critized them got trolled.

Crap, poop, shyt, feces, excrement, Entreprize

D.
AZEX
derek huffman, azexarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2006, 11:21   #59
bubbavern
Registered

FALaholic #: 19523
I tried calling them last week to talk to someone about a STG58 a local shop has. Wanted info on IDing us parts, what parts were supposed to be US, etc. Couldn't even get someone who spoke English to answer their main phone number....
bubbavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2006, 13:39   #60
Captain Phil
Registered

FALaholic #: 19410
So, after reading about their receivers, and them as a company, I think the only thing to do with anything "Enterprise" is to drop back 5 yards and punt!

Thank y ou gunplumber for your information. When someone I trust gives me the low-down, I takie heed. Every time.
Old July 15, 2006, 16:13   #61
EntrepriseMike
Registered

FALaholic #: 20512
Your Entreprise information is years out of date

Most of the English-speakers at Entreprise are quite literate. The in-house, full time attorney actually writes English on law suits and other legal notices. The slanders of the past are being addressed eloquently. There are several doctorate degrees, post-graduate theology degrees and even post-graduate English language degrees.

The new manufacturing group is also quite talented. The new receivers will be excellent. With manufacturing back in full swing, company focus has been in the noisy back area, where Entreprise's future is being built one piece at a time. Unlike many critics of work in the 1990's, Entreprise will be a significant player in the FAL business for years to come.

However, since so many people here have demonstrated an inability to properly assemble FAL's, the next round of receivers may only be available for construction at Entreprise by qualified Entreprise professionals. Entreprise does not want to be responsible for the reprehensible work of a few unqualified gunsmiths. Gun enthusiasts and detractors alike will finally be able to have their kits assembled into working FAL's by the dedicated professionals at Entreprise. It would be nice to see some of the detractors produce more than slander.

For the various gun smiths trying to make a living by building up stories about 15 year old manufacture, Entreprise sincerely hopes that they get rich off their slanderous remarks and libelous writings. It's no fun to sue mouthy, opinionated, judgment-proof cynics who don't even have the money to cover the damages they inflict on the innocent.

For those who have gone to ridiculous lengths to find something untrue to say about Entreprise, this might be a good time to reconsider. Especially if you have written something untrue based on a minor “contribution” from an Entreprise competitor for the primary purpose of slandering Entreprise’s name for the benefit of the competitor. Libel, slander, interference with prospective advantage, interference with business relations, and intentional infliction are just a few law suits people might want to avoid defending. Law suits are inexpensive to file, and expensive to defend . . . especially if your English language skills aren’t on par with the average Beverly Hills attorney.
EntrepriseMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2006, 17:25   #62
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

So whatcha saying there Mikey?

A. That EAI did not engrave the above imported, surplus floorplate (I do have the shipping receipt and will be happy to discuss tool-mark forensics).

B. Or that it really is US made, and you all just dented it up and put years of rust on it first, before engraving?

C. Its UPS's fault, the gunsmith's fault, a new worker, bad ammo, resetting the machines, lost in the mail, clerical error etc . (your fall-back excuses for most other complaints).

If you really think you can suppress the truth by threats of litigation - you are sorely mistaken. The archives demonstrate a long, well documented history of EAI's lies and deceit. I have plenty of documentation, just on my personal experience with the dishonesty of your company representatives. So if you're feeling froggy, baby . . . .jump!.

The new receivers will be excellent. . . . Unlike many critics of work in the 1990's. . .However, since so many people here have demonstrated an inability to properly assemble FAL's, the next round of receivers may only be available for construction at Entreprise by qualified Entreprise professionals.

Not sure what you are saying here? First it appears that you are admitting your previous receivers were often out-of-spec garbage (which kindof kills your desire to sue people who happened to notice mags falling out, etc), but then it appears you want to blame the gunsmith for your defective parts . . . . which is it?

But I'm sure we'll all get a kick out of your explanation of the EAI "US" floorplate above. We are waiting . .. . .

Last edited by gunplumber; July 15, 2006 at 17:32.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2006, 18:16   #63
DABTL
Banned

FALaholic #: 138
Re: Your Entreprise information is years out of date

Quote:
Originally posted by EntrepriseMike
Most of the English-speakers at Entreprise are quite literate. The in-house, full time attorney actually writes English on law suits and other legal notices. The slanders of the past are being addressed eloquently. There are several doctorate degrees, post-graduate theology degrees and even post-graduate English language degrees.

The new manufacturing group is also quite talented. The new receivers will be excellent. With manufacturing back in full swing, company focus has been in the noisy back area, where Entreprise's future is being built one piece at a time. Unlike many critics of work in the 1990's, Entreprise will be a significant player in the FAL business for years to come.

However, since so many people here have demonstrated an inability to properly assemble FAL's, the next round of receivers may only be available for construction at Entreprise by qualified Entreprise professionals. Entreprise does not want to be responsible for the reprehensible work of a few unqualified gunsmiths. Gun enthusiasts and detractors alike will finally be able to have their kits assembled into working FAL's by the dedicated professionals at Entreprise. It would be nice to see some of the detractors produce more than slander.

For the various gun smiths trying to make a living by building up stories about 15 year old manufacture, Entreprise sincerely hopes that they get rich off their slanderous remarks and libelous writings. It's no fun to sue mouthy, opinionated, judgment-proof cynics who don't even have the money to cover the damages they inflict on the innocent.

For those who have gone to ridiculous lengths to find something untrue to say about Entreprise, this might be a good time to reconsider. Especially if you have written something untrue based on a minor “contribution” from an Entreprise competitor for the primary purpose of slandering Entreprise’s name for the benefit of the competitor. Libel, slander, interference with prospective advantage, interference with business relations, and intentional infliction are just a few law suits people might want to avoid defending. Law suits are inexpensive to file, and expensive to defend . . . especially if your English language skills aren’t on par with the average Beverly Hills attorney.

In the interim, developments about the new Entreprise receivers, 1911’s, and calendar are begin discussed over at http://www.warrifles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143
Uh, Mike, you need to know that I am an attorney, a customer of Entreprise for many years and I have had a crap receiver from Entreprise delivered, returned and lost by that company. I was delivered a butchered inch receiver, returned it to Lawrence (a person I would trust even today), found out Entreprise lost every record of its return and still buy from the company.

Earn the respect of people, don't threaten nonsense lawsuits and such.

I even inquired last week about buying more receivers from Entreprise. So, I do not have my information second hand and if Entreprise wants to sue me, or the FALfiles, the courts of the United States are open so far as I know.

You have a big mouth, a big load to carry and a history to live down. Do it with production and service not threats.
DABTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2006, 18:50   #64
Dean P
banned

FALaholic #: 494
Screw mikey: When that SOB returns my $1700.00 I might shut up about how sorry the SOBs are. They will steal & take your money without any remorse. Do they think that warrifles will impress anyone Shixxt
Dean P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2006, 19:56   #65
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

What the collective thick skulls at Enre'prise don't appear capable of comprehending, is that we, as a community, can forgive alot.

I could forgive their crappy receivers and be more than willing to try the "new", "improved" or whatever. Even the best of companies have problems and the FAL receiver really isn't an easy product to manufacture.

We all benefit from quality receivers being available. I'm not a competator - in fact, I'd have MORE business if Entre'prise had a receiver worth building on.

But a product can be fixed with a few lines of code.

Integrity is something that is much harder to "make right" than a piece of hardware.

Another company that makes FAL parts had some products fail. Instead of blaming UPS, the ammo, the builder, the weather, clerical errors, or the owner's bald headed granny, he recalled the whole questionable lot of parts and replaced them at no charge to the buyer. I assume he lost money doing it, but he preserved the integrity of his name, and the trust of the FAL buying public. He comes out with another product and although there are a few who say - "well, he did have some bad ones in the past" the majority of people say "I can buy with confidence because I know that the company stands behind their product and will resolve any issues I might have. . .. "

An example from which entre'prise could learn, if they were less concerned with short term profit and more concerned with building relationships that would result in greater profits over the long term.
Old July 15, 2006, 20:44   #66
newfalguy101
Registered

FALaholic #: 6260
Gosh Mark you man the "Golden Crap" rule of customer service?????????

Treat you customers like GOLD and they will be there for years to come

Treat them like CRAP and they will CRAP on you AND go away forever

01 FFL
Transfers $20
orders actual dealer + $50
Clay Center, NE
newfalguy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2006, 20:49   #67
jerrymrc
Registered

FALaholic #: 2331
Quote:
Entreprise will be a significant player in the FAL business for years to come.
So let me get this straight. Your first post here talks about lawsuits and going after the membership here on the files.

You sell FAL parts and receivers yet you have just insulted 20,000 members on a gun site that is ranked #5-6 on any given day and is the #1 site for FAl's.

I'm not sure if you are intentionally stupid or suffer from some sort of "Hoof and mouth" disease.

Just remember, The revolution will not be televised.
Old July 15, 2006, 21:12   #68
EntrepriseMike
Registered

I make no statements about the past. I wasn't there, so I have no knowledge of it. But, I know about what's being done now and in the future. The quality of work seems to be higher than most of the commentary here would seem to suggest. It seems like there's a lot of bias.

The commentary that Entreprise people don't even speak English shows the extent to which critics are willing to go to create confusion in order to glorify their own purposes. It will be interesting to see who is willing to talk about the new product honestly -- or whether you're just going to go back to 1o year old facts until you've bored everybody to death.

With or without this powerful board, Entreprise will have a future manufacturing weapons.
Old July 15, 2006, 21:34   #69
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
I make no statements about the past. I wasn't there, so I have no knowledge of it. . . . The commentary that Entreprise people don't even speak English shows the extent to which critics are willing to go to create confusion in order to glorify their own purposes.
Thats it? "EAI employee don't speak English" is the "libel" your supereducated attorney is working on? You're pathetic. We're still waiting for the explanation of the EAI engraved "US Part" above that I received. As it stands, I think that picture is a clear indication of the character and integrity one can expect from your company. Or do you have an explanation? I've got an open mind here and am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt - did the UPS driver swap out the parts when we weren't looking?

Here you show up all hot and botherd complaining about the bad press your company has earned, and threatening law suits, but then you admit to having no knowledge of the the past . With no knowledge of a subject, how can you make a claim of libel? Am I confusing you?
Old July 15, 2006, 22:40   #70
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally posted by gunplumber
Am I confusing you?
I'd take a stab at an answer to this, but the question wasn't directed at me...

But 'yes' comes to mind...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2006, 22:50   #71
Tomovich
Registered

FALaholic #: 8814
This thread is getting weird and bizarre.

So let me get this straight. If I tell everyone on the forum about the legit problems that I had building a customers Brit L1A1 kit on an Entreprise receiver last week because it was out of spec a little (not too bad but most definitely WRONG) then I can get sued???????????

Kalashnikov Collector's Association and FAL addict
Tomovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2006, 22:59   #72
mhg
Registered

FALaholic #: 7772

Quote:

In the interim, developments about the new Entreprise receivers, 1911’s, and calendar are begin discussed over at http://www.warrifles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143
This is pathetic, even for the internet.

It's my opinion that your Rec'rs suck, and that you have been violating federal law by marking imported parts as US.

Have a look in the mirror " Law suits are inexpensive to file, and expensive to defend . . . especially if your English language skills aren’t on par with the average Beverly Hills attorney." Wow Mike your a real stud.

My advice is that you build better products....... And get a pair for F%$CK sake

Just trying to help,

Matt

PS No Beverly Hills carjockeys were harmed in this post
Old July 15, 2006, 23:07   #73
jerrymrc
Registered

FALaholic #: 2331
Quote:
I make no statements about the past. I wasn't there, so I have no knowledge of it. But, I know about what's being done now and in the future. The quality of work seems to be higher than most of the commentary here would seem to suggest. It seems like there's a lot of bias.

The commentary that Entreprise people don't even speak English shows the extent to which critics are willing to go to create confusion in order to glorify their own purposes. It will be interesting to see who is willing to talk about the new product honestly -- or whether you're just going to go back to 1o year old facts until you've bored everybody to death.

With or without this powerful board, Entreprise will have a future manufacturing weapons.
Look thru my posts and you will see no Bias. I have even owned a Hesse that ran just fine. I am not dealing in 10 year old facts or fallacies.

Some people have had issues with your product, some have not. I (as others) have seen products from every vendor that has been mentioned on the files work right out of the box and some that have not.

You have some members (about 5%) that think the FAL is an erector set. Screw it together and it works. The other 95% have a clue and realize that we are all dealing with parts and pieces that are 20 to 50 years old and some that are 2 months old.

If you are offended by the comment about "non English speaking employees" then do something about it. General Electric changed its customer support back to "onshore" because of complaints and last I checked they were allot larger than you are in the business world.

Just because a few people have brought up the past does not mean YOU should try and apply it to the present or the future. If you want to look to the future then present your product to us and we will pass judgment on it, good, bad, right or wrong.

Now to the smart ass in me.
Quote:
Gun enthusiasts and detractors alike will finally be able to have their kits assembled into working FAL's by the dedicated professionals at Entreprise.
Make you a deal. I Joe blow Fal files member will come and fix one of your FAL's that has a problem. you will send one of your "dedicated professionals" to fix my CT scanner. guess who will be finished first.

Last I checked the FAL was not rocket science. Just a simple fact of getting the machining right.
Old July 16, 2006, 06:16   #74
DABTL
Banned

Quote:

Look, knucklehead, we are a cantankerous lot here. GunPlumber is a martinet and loudmouth who does a good job refinishing FALS, DeanP has sold more FALs than Entreprise and if your computer hiccups in machining we will know about that and the cure, if there is one, within a week.

I emailed your company just last week about getting two more inch receivers just because I figured you needed to know there is a market for it and I encourage your production. I did this despite receiving a junk receiver from Entreprise three years ago, being invited to return it for replacement, never receiving a replacement and finding out that with Lawrence' departure you have no record of it. That tells you how biased I am against Entreprise.

Lead with some quality product, then run your mouth.

And tell your Beverly Hills lawyer to quit with the stupid letters to the FALfiles threatening lawsuits. Sue Jen in Beverly Hills or Lufkin, Texas, and see how many people will get in their car, truck, an airplane or train to come down to the courthouse to tell their stories about poor machining, out of spec machining and horrendous customer service.

Lead with some quality product, then run your mouth.

Now go back to work and earn your reputation because you do not have Lawrence any longer to straighten out the messes.

PS: Good luck in the endeavor and I hope Entreprise is successful.
Old July 16, 2006, 09:29   #75
Ricketts
Registered

FALaholic #: 3418
Quote:
There are several doctorate degrees, post-graduate theology degrees and even post-graduate English language degrees.
Can some of that high priced overhead, and use the $$ saved to get Lawrence back plus some GOOD, talented machinists. A post grad Theology degree can't make chips--if you know what those are---

THAT would impress us--not the load of crap coming out of your keyboard and shop as of now.

Sounds like Bill has a good idea--ROADTRIP. Wonder if the courthouse would have enough seats??
Old July 16, 2006, 09:52   #76
frtyfivsevnty
Registered

FALaholic #: 6367
"Receiver's may only be available for assembly at Entreprise by qualified Entreprise professionals".Good luck selling only complete rifles.I would bet most of the hobbyist builders here can assemble a Fal just as well and probably better then your guys.As far as "However,since so many people here have demonstrated an inability to properly assemble Fals".It's hard to assemble a Fal with an out of spec receiver,'nuff said!Make a consistently in spec receiver and they will sell.I had a shit receiver but would buy from Entreprise again if the quality was there.
Old July 16, 2006, 13:06   #77
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
Finally Bill posts stuff I can 100% agree with...

Let me say right from the start: I have been one of Entre'prise' biggest cheerleaders over the last 18 months as I have had nothing but good product & good service with the 15 or 16 receivers I have bought from them.

Let me also say that I'm a former Brit Army weapons tech who was trained to work on L1A1 rifles in a Govt. facility, licensed by FN. So, unless you can show me some certification from either FN or another FN licensee that attests that your uber gunschimts were trained in a smiliar school, I think that myself & other well respected, long term FAL smiths might just be equal to the task of assembling FAL rifles. (Not that I place myself alongside other 'smiths, I can't re-finish anything worth a damn, just giving a heads up that there are a few folks out there who are actually qualified to assemble FAL's.)

I'm now involved with a weapons manufacturer as a Director of the company (Leitner-Wise Rifle Co. Inc.), & I know damn well what it's like to take often unjustified criticism of a product you believe is at least the equal of any other. I also know what it is like to try to overcome the issues of the past.

Let me give you some advice on this issue: address the points that have been brought up (those that have some merit) one by one & put yer lawyer back in the box UNLESS someone is infringing on patents or is deliberately & actively engaging in conduct intended to harm your company. People posting their opinions/experiences with recent product or even how they were treated in the past, does not fall into that category IMHO.

Make a better product, send it out for either private or public evaluation by experienced & reputable industry players & see what the results are. I don't always see eye to eye with Gunplumber (actually, that's a major understatement) BUT he has the respect of many here & can carry out an objective review of product. Ditto with several other 'smiths.

You will not win friends by coming here & insulting our intelligence with threats of lawsuits or by infering that a bunch of us are incompetent to build rifles on your receivers. Back to Marketing & Public Relations school for you.

In short: build better stuff, price it right & act with a little more humility & you'll get a lot further, both on this board & in the industry.

BTW, tying your PR & Marketing efforts to the WR board ain't helping either as the owner of that board is a very unsavory character who also threatened to sue the owner of this board, things that make you go 'hmmm'.......

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2006, 14:06   #78
ER

FALaholic #: 155
I`ve bulit several metric EAI`s and have had 0 problems. If they ever start to produce them again, and I ever decide to build another, I`d buy one

HOWEVER
READ THIS MIKE BEFORE YOU THREATEN LAWSUITS......

I have 1 inch EAI on an Aussie build. It runs great, so far only about 100rds, BUT.......during machining(per lawrence), somebody crashed a tool. The area on the front left side where the radius for the top cover begins has been welded prior to parkerizing to salvage the receiver. This weld extends from the outside, to the LS feed rail, and on into the barrel thread area. The mags fit TIGHT(I have tried 20 so far and all are TIGHT), and it`s done well enogh it`s kinda hard to tell it without looking for it.

I contacted Lawrence about this when it arrived, and prior to the build. He stated the receivers have a "Lifetime Warranty" and I could send it back for replacement anytime. They knew it was a repaired receiver, he admitted as such. I paid full price, but there were NO inch receivers available from anyone at the time. Lawrence said it was safe to shoot, but to keep an eye on the headspace.(sounds like that williams dude don`t it ) He stated there would be no more made, and all were sold.

I am a degreed mechanical engineer. I understand fully the consequences of a bad weld, and know how it should be welded to properly fix it. Yes, if done properly, their repair will hold up. I have worked in high pressure equipment for over 17 years now. I have seen bad welds fail with catastrophic results, and have been involved with lawsuits for failed parts(welded and billet alike).

Anyway, after I thought about it a while, I decided to send it back. Lawrence had left(I guess since nobody would get him on the phone and he was always "out of the office"), and nobody else would speak to me about my problem. I am NOT going to send a receiver back based on word of mouth, and nobody offered to take responsibility for return of this receiver. I would still like for it to be replaced with a NEW one that hasn`t been screwed up.

So mikey, before you start to threaten lawsuits for internet heresay, maybe you outta replace my receiver before SOMEBODY GETS HURT WITH IT AND SUES YOU FOR DAMAGES.

This ain`t internet heresay bullshit. This is the truth.

Your call big guy.......

"I don`t care where I`m going, I`m just here to ride the train"
Some bluegrass song I heard on the radio
ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2006, 18:13   #79
EntrepriseMike
Registered

Jerrymrc says, “Just because a few people have brought up the past does not mean YOU should try and apply it to the present or the future. If you want to look to the future then present your product to us and we will pass judgment on it, good, bad, right or wrong.” This is my point, as well. The difference is that my opinions comes with a significant price. Preparing to manufacture thousands of Receivers is an expensive business. Entreprise is on the road to presenting new product, and you have every right to pass judgment on the quality of the product in the present and in the future. I personally believe that products, attitudes and emotions from 5+ years ago are in the past, and should remain in the past.

Beyond any issues of machining accuracy in the past, I would think you’ve got even more right to have even higher expectations in the future. Machining standards, based on computer-assisted programs, are better now than they were in 1993, . . . or even 2000. For example, I think we could all agree that 5+ year old data base products all require substantial upgrading. I can’t imagine a responsible business still chained to 5 year old computer software. If Entreprise based their CAD work on Pentium II’s, 800 MHz chips, and Windows 98 as an OS, then it might be appropriate to discuss the issues with 5 year old product, or the deficiencies in 10 or 13 year old software.

I like my FAL, and you probably like yours. Because I want higher quality and lower prices, I think that defines me as a good consumer. I encourage more people to spend more money to make the kinds of products I like. The more competition there is from the product side, the happier I am from the consumer side. Perhaps some FAL enthusiasts are different.

Based on 10 year old facts, there actually seem to be “FAL enthusiasts” who want to discourage people from investing in new Receiver products. Are the one or two subsisting Receiver manufacturers too much for you? Would you actually prefer to have even fewer suppliers? Do they give you enough money or free/cheap product that you’d prefer to see fewer suppliers?

Would you rather judge 2006 tooling on 10 year old computer programs? Do you think that there might be a correlation between an unappreciative attitude towards manufacturers and the fact that the number of manufacturers willing to serve FAL consumers is shrinking? In a quickly shrinking and highly limited market, a more cooperative attitude might keep the FAL rifle alive a little longer. That is, after all, the point of belonging to a user group, isn’t it?
Old July 16, 2006, 18:30   #80
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EntrepriseMike
Entreprise is on the road to presenting new product, and you have every right to pass judgment on the quality of the product in the present and in the future. I personally believe that products, attitudes and emotions from 5+ years ago are in the past, and should remain in the past.

But you still want to sue anyone who passes such judgement?

Beyond any issues of machining accuracy in the past, I would think you’ve got even more right to have even higher expectations in the future.

nobody has commented on the quality of the new receivers and I doubt that anybody WANTS Entre'prise to continue with the same "issues of machining accuracy" we experineced int he past.

But there are two issues here - machining accuracy and company integrity. You claim to be addressing the former, but what about the latter? Isn't the trustworthiness and honesty of a company as important in selecting a product as the product quality?

Still waiting for the official rationalization on the "US floorplate" above. That kind of integrity can't be fioxed by changing to new software and tooling.
Old July 16, 2006, 18:38   #81
Dean P
banned

FALaholic #: 494
EntrepriseMike Before you threaten anyone about bringing up an old debt & bad products. Have you gone through backruptcy? Name change? New owners? If not, you are still responsible for all of the bad deeds in the past.
Dean P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2006, 18:40   #82
mhg
Registered

Quote:
Jerrymrc says, “Just because a few people have brought up the past does not mean YOU should try and apply it to the present or the future. If you want to look to the future then present your product to us and we will pass judgment on it, good, bad, right or wrong.” This is my point, as well. The difference is that my opinions comes with a significant price. Preparing to manufacture thousands of Receivers is an expensive business. Entreprise is on the road to presenting new product, and you have every right to pass judgment on the quality of the product in the present and in the future. I personally believe that products, attitudes and emotions from 5+ years ago are in the past, and should remain in the past.

Beyond any issues of machining accuracy in the past, I would think you’ve got even more right to have even higher expectations in the future. Machining standards, based on computer-assisted programs, are better now than they were in 1993, . . . or even 2000. For example, I think we could all agree that 5+ year old data base products all require substantial upgrading. I can’t imagine a responsible business still chained to 5 year old computer software. If Entreprise based their CAD work on Pentium II’s, 800 MHz chips, and Windows 98 as an OS, then it might be appropriate to discuss the issues with 5 year old product, or the deficiencies in 10 or 13 year old software.

I like my FAL, and you probably like yours. Because I want higher quality and lower prices, I think that defines me as a good consumer. I encourage more people to spend more money to make the kinds of products I like. The more competition there is from the product side, the happier I am from the consumer side. Perhaps some FAL enthusiasts are different.

Based on 10 year old facts, there actually seem to be “FAL enthusiasts” who want to discourage people from investing in new Receiver products. Are the one or two subsisting Receiver manufacturers too much for you? Would you actually prefer to have even fewer suppliers? Do they give you enough money or free/cheap product that you’d prefer to see fewer suppliers?

Would you rather judge 2006 tooling on 10 year old computer programs? Do you think that there might be a correlation between an unappreciative attitude towards manufacturers and the fact that the number of manufacturers willing to serve FAL consumers is shrinking? In a quickly shrinking and highly limited market, a more cooperative attitude might keep the FAL rifle alive a little longer. That is, after all, the point of belonging to a user group, isn’t it?

Dayum Mike, your one long wind'd dude.

Is this the end of the trilogy, or are there more novels to come?

Matt (Soon to be sued FAL hack)

Last edited by mhg; July 16, 2006 at 18:52.
mhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2006, 21:16   #83
chickendumpling
Registered

FALaholic #: 19628
Isn't it better to attract bees with honey?

It makes sense to me that those who provide FAL services, products, etc for customer purchase would approach public forums in a customer oriented manner (regardless of the topic).

No, this does not mean you have to kiss my #$% either
chickendumpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2006, 21:57   #84
Ricketts
Registered

FALaholic #: 3418
Hey-- I just thought of a question--

Why the hell do you guys need Post grad Theology Degreed people working there?

Do people working there need schooling in religion or praying so you can pull this off and make good product??

Praying or finding religion won't cut it--

Hey--you brought it up--not me.
Old July 16, 2006, 23:01   #85
ER

FALaholic #: 155
So Mikey.....you`re gonna replace my inch receiver without "losing" it since you are still liable for it

Better that than having a new owner at Entreprise straight off the FALfiles

"I don`t care where I`m going, I`m just here to ride the train"
Some bluegrass song I heard on the radio
ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2006, 23:07   #86
B Wood
Registered

FALaholic #: 5579
The theology background comes in handy during the "God we hope this receiver works" thought process

PS.....if you want to sue me, please let me know and I can send my addy to you. LMFAO

someone should send this thread to the owner of enterprise and see how they like the customer service aspect of it.
B Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2006, 23:43   #87
Palerider
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 9006

Profile for user: EntrepriseMike
FALaholic ID: 20512
Birthday: N/A
Interests: media and law suits
Palerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2006, 23:51   #88
mhg
Registered

Bill can we do a class action suit for pain and suffering?

Matt
Old July 16, 2006, 23:59   #89
ftierson
Registered

Re: Re: Your Entreprise information is years out of date

Quote:
Originally posted by Palerider
Profile for user: EntrepriseMike
FALaholic ID: 20512
Birthday: N/A
Interests: media and law suits
You forgot, under either interests or occupation, to add "insulting past and prospective customers," whether we're inable to properly assemble (split infinitive, dear literate Mikey) FALs or not...

Forrest
Old July 17, 2006, 00:19   #90
kec0723
Registered

FALaholic #: 13353
Quote:
Originally posted by jerrymrc

I'm not sure if you are intentionally stupid or suffer from some sort of "Hoof and mouth" disease.

it's dick in mouth disease....their from Kaliforicate.....

"Only when they lose the first, will they understand the significance of the second"……...me

"you have the right to remain silent....what you lack, is the capacity......."
kec0723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2006, 00:23   #91
B Wood
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by kec0723

it's dick in mouth disease....their from Kaliforicate.....
Uh oh...............you did it now....................now they are going to SUE you too!

I am always amazed when a company self destructs in one of their primary target market avenues. Simply amazing!
Old July 17, 2006, 00:40   #92
kec0723
Registered

Quote:
well there ya go Laddies.....it no wonder the products are crap.......they's got nothing but book learned idiots, and nobody that knows how to run a machine....only their mouths.........

"Only when they lose the first, will they understand the significance of the second"……...me

Old July 17, 2006, 00:51   #93
kec0723
Registered

Quote:
and nows ya knows where all yer "returns" monies went for...........nows when they tells ya ta go to hell.....they can even give ya directions....nows that customer service....

Old July 17, 2006, 05:02   #94
B Wood
Registered

a certain phrase comes to mind in this entire thread

"Don't shit where you eat"

Comprende Enterprise???
Old July 17, 2006, 07:16   #95
DABTL
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mhg
Bill can we do a class action suit for pain and suffering?

Matt
As a guess, Mikey is a lawyer.

As a second guess his profile was meant to intimidate.

A fact is the nice Beverly Hills lawyer has already threatened legal action in a really nice fancy wordy letter against Jen personally and the FALfiles in general.

Now, he wants everyone to stand and salute, forgetting the past, to honor Entreprise on receivers no one has seen to this moment. Frankly, I have been down that road with George Gouger and Williams Armaments before.

If the new receivers are good, then we will all hear of it in short order. I hope they are.

If they are not, they sure need to find Lawrence again because Mikey ain't him.
Old July 17, 2006, 08:36   #96
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by DABTL
A fact is the nice Beverly Hills lawyer has already threatened legal action in a really nice fancy wordy letter against Jen personally and the FALfiles in general.
Although it's really Jen's business and not mine, per se, I'd really like to see a copy of shit-for-brains's letter...

I think that others here might be interested in the kind of company that they're dealing with by purchasing from Entreprise, too...

I've never used any Entreprise receivers before and, with all this, the chances are pretty good that things will stay that way, if you catch my drift...

Forrest
Old July 17, 2006, 09:07   #97
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

I still have the nice letter Entre'prise sent me way back when they didn't like my review of their receiver. Their attorney was either really stupid, or hoped that I was. Don't know why you all fawn over lawrence. He was the one who guaranteed the 2 receivers he sent were free, with no strings attached. Then EAI sent me a bill for them when the review wasn't gunwriter-whore ass kissing enough.

My Sister is an attorney in California - Sacramento - not too far from Entreprise. I think a lawsuit would be kindof fun - could combine it with a nice family vacation..

HEY MIKEY - TELL US ABOUT THE "US" FLOORPLATE!?????? Should I send it to BATFE Technology Branch for an evaluation of its origin?

You have babbled on about everything else, but are strangely silent on this topic . .. . .. .
Old July 17, 2006, 09:19   #98
English Mike
Registered

FALaholic #: 11339
Threatening to sue Jen &/or the 'files is a great way to encourage the umpteen thousand members here to purchase product from Entreprise isn't it

Listen Mikey: I run a business selling to the public & like all businesses of this type, I have some dissatisfied customers due to real or imagined issues.
A couple of them (& a business rival) have gone around badmouthing me to others but I don't threaten them with lawsuits: my reputation with 99.9% of my customer base speaks for itself, as do the growing numbers though my door.

Get the new product out & have it inspected by a reputable FALsmith, make good any outstanding issues past customers & USE this place as a showroom for your product, rather than fret over negative posts.

There's thousands of FAL kits out there right now & a real shortage of GOOD receivers.
Make sure the Entreprise ones are GOOD & available SOON & your reputation will rise a damn sight faster than lawsuits will make it fall.

PS Nailing your flag to Warrifles mast might not be the best thing either......

Politicians and diapers have one thing in common: They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.
English Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2006, 12:33   #99
Goderator
SILENCE! I Kiiiiil You!

FALaholic #: 1
Mike,

The FAL Files has and always will continue to, in an unbiased fashion, support the rights of our members to voice their legitimate concerns, complaints and praises for any company, it's products or services, regardless of their status as an advertiser or competitor to one of our advertisers.

Per the notice posted at the bottom of every page:

The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum are their own and do not necessarily state or reflect those of The FAL Files or any of it's agents. the FAL Files does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of these messages and opinions, and does not perform an independent investigation to verify their truth or accuracy. All posted messages are the sole responsibility of the person from which such post originated. The FAL Files assumes no liability in any way for the content of any posted message or opinion, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any posted message.

Should you feel that a comment is inappropriate - not based on fact or experience with Entreprise - your are welcome to contact me with the url to the thread in question along with the post number and I will review the content, however it is not a standard policy nor practice of the FAL Files, Myself or any of the Moderators or Administrators to edit nor remove content unless it is deemed inappropriate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg entrepriselegal1.jpg (94.1 KB, 835 views)
Goderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2006, 12:59   #100
fastprofessor
Registered

FALaholic #: 13254
Mike Meyers the attorney!

" I will sue you for 1 Miiiiillllliiiioooon dollars!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dr.evil_.jpg (11.2 KB, 814 views)

My position is that anybody who's in favor of gun control is a fu**ing moron.---Jackie Mason
fastprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote