Notices

Old December 06, 2018, 08:15   #51
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1769 View Post
Well. I can't say that I was a fan of his while he was the POTUS, but I do remember one very hot day, standing in the road, directing traffic, in and out of the Volvo tennis tournament. A blue jaguar xj6 pulled up. He rolled down the window and asked for directions to VIP parking. I pointed it out to him. He was polite and thanked me for doing what I do. He informed me that he had a condo nearby, and he hoped to see me again. This was while he was the VP. He then went on his way. About 15 minutes later, a guy shows up, and hands me a bottle of water. he said Mr. Bush says you should have this. I found it refreshing as it seemed like every other person that I dealt with that day was a complete a$$hole.
Nice!
Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2018, 09:32   #52
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Overall I thought he was a good guy and a good leader for the USA during the GW1.

My favorite president was Richard Nixon though. The only thing he did wrong was resign. It was his patriotic duty to spy on the dimwitz.
Old December 06, 2018, 14:20   #53
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Bum View Post

Good riddance in my book. Hopefully Karter is next.

The Retired One
Can Jim-mah take Billie and Hitlery with him so we can have a Trifecta foonrell?

I'd get drunk for a solid week if that happened.

Jarhead
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2018, 19:51   #54
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
But for Ross Perot Bush 41 had Cliton beat,,, some of you sorry bastards voted like squirrels gathering nuts.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2018, 21:37   #55
Brother Wayne
Registered

FALaholic #: 77216
I agree with a lot of what some of you have posted. I wished that that Saddam would have had his ass kicked all the way back to Baghdad during the Gulf War as well. I was very disappointed when we were promised no more taxes and then he signed the bill anyway. However as we all should know The President can have his plans go south when deals are made. I don't make excuses for his failures. I just liked him. George H.W. Bush is the the only President of the United States that I ever personally got to meet. He shock my hand and spoke to me like he was just a regular guy. My wife and I just loved Barbara Bush. Remember when she let it slip on TV and called Hillary a Bitch. That was priceless. We thought she was like the First Grandmother. She did a lot of things for kid causes. I watched Sesame Street with my girls when they were little one time and Barbara was on the show. She was great.
Brother Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2018, 22:21   #56
Arby
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Wayne View Post
My wife and I just loved Barbara Bush. Remember when she let it slip on TV and called Hillary a Bitch.
I believe you are confusing Barbara Bush's comments about Geraldine Ferraro with Connie Chung's 1995 interview with Newt Gingrich's mother, where Connie got Newt's mother to admit that Newt called Hillary a "bitch". Connie Chung lost her job with CBS shortly thereafter .

FWIW, I liked Barbara Bush, too. She was a bluehair that didn't pretend to be anything else, and seemed to speak her mind. I found her persona refreshing.
Arby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2018, 09:57   #57
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
We;ve been fighting generational wars, one generation after another now since Korea, enough of this shit.

Anyone want to bet we won't be fighting and getting our people killed going up against Iran one day soon?

War/conflict has become a business model.

When the economy goes down, start a shooting war and keep it going until the economy goes back up.

All of our leaders involved in this shit can rot in hell.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2018, 12:14   #58
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
Word for word I agree Brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
We;ve been fighting generational wars, one generation after another now since Korea, enough of this shit.

Anyone want to bet we won't be fighting and getting our people killed going up against Iran one day soon?

War/conflict has become a business model.

When the economy goes down, start a shooting war and keep it going until the economy goes back up.

All of our leaders involved in this shit can rot in hell.
Yep, that is a Good place to rot I spose..
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote