The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > FAL Groups > Oregon

Notices

Old January 16, 2013, 13:35   #51
oddcarl
Registered

FALaholic #: 64180
Actually, it's almost the opposite. I don't really care for f***book, but that letter is starting to spread around like wild fire on there. Apparently the Sherrif in Crook county has sent a similar letter, as welll as folks from the Lonestar state. Also, the govenor of Texas is trying to pass a state law to prosecute any federal official who tries to enforce unconstitutional laws regarding the second amendment. I hope it snowballs!
oddcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2013, 18:39   #52
Tat2
Registered

FALaholic #: 52329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluskat View Post
I just sent this to the Sheriff. I thought it'd be good for him to hear some support.

Sir,

I am a resident of Linn County Oregon.

I just finished reading your letter to Vice President Biden declaring your stance on impending legislation in violation of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution. As a former police officer, and staunch supporter of the right to remain an armed citizen, I am compelled to state my support for the position you have taken and the courage you have shown in professing it publicly. It is my experience that it is not often a ranking law enforcement official, much less an elected one, is willing to position him/herself in direct opposition to the 'higher-ups' or society's 'popular opinion'. Your letter pulled no punches and the Vice President should not have to read it more than once to know where you stand.

When I worked as a police officer, I came to many realizations. One that is relevant to the topic at hand is this...
I came to understand that when detailed to an incident, no matter how fast I drove to the scene...no matter how thorough my investigation...and even if I was able to make an arrest...and even if a successful prosecution occurred...I could never.....'un-victimize' the target of the suspect's actions. The financial and/or emotional impact of the crime could not be erased by my actions taken...after the fact!

I saw evidenced time and again the fact that the citizens were on their own during the most critical moments of any criminal act. They were ultimately responsible for their own safety. I vowed then that I would NEVER relinquish my right to self defense...the right to defend my loved ones...and just as I had done as a police officer...my responsibility to defend those that could not adequately defend themselves against the predators in our society. That 'right' requires that I also possess the ability to exercise it. Clearly, as an unarmed citizen, that ability is diminished.

Ours is not a popular position in the shadow of isolated tragedies. Ours is not a popular opinion in a culture that seeks to disarm law-abiding firearm owners, while apparently condoning the profiting from, and glorification of, violence resulting from illegal acts with firearms depicted in movies, television shows and video games. The hypocrisy and double standards are sickening, and one can only question if there is not a larger, more insidious agenda on the move.

Again, I commend you for your public profession of commitment to your oath taken as a public servant.

If you indeed stand by your words...regardless of the personal and professional cost...then every Deputy and Sheriff's Department employee should be extremely proud to work under your command.

Respectfully,

M. Otto
Outstanding letter bro!

T
Old January 16, 2013, 18:40   #53
Tat2
Registered

FALaholic #: 52329
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
Sheriff Mike Winters from Jackson County was on the radio this morning. He stated in no uncertain terms that Fed Agents would NOT be confiscating firearms in Jackson County.

At least he is a gun guy, used to shoot IPSC with him before he was elected.
Sheriff Winters rocks! He has had and will continue to have my vote! Time to
write a letter of thanks to him too.

T
Old January 16, 2013, 19:53   #54
Pluskat
Registered

FALaholic #: 19036
Yeah, I think it's important for these guys to hear support from the folks they're standing up for.....and hopefully they'll put it all on the line when the time actually comes....and we know it's coming.

These exec. orders issued today are done to put in place laws that would NEVER be able to be passed in time for our country to be in compliance when we join the UN Small Arms Proliferation Treaty.

As part of that treaty....member nations can solicit the assistance of other member nations in 'securing' the conditions within their borders in order to remain in compliance. (aka...no US Military or direct alpha-bet squads needed to carry out the ugliness of confiscation)

....now where'd I put that rattle-can of paint for the steel?
Pluskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2013, 20:56   #55
ALL FAL
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 24447
The News has reported that almost all but two sheriffs are on the side of the 2A, the Libtard sheriffs are Multnomah and ClackamASS counties.
Old January 16, 2013, 21:21   #56
medicmike
Registered

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2 View Post
Sheriff Winters rocks! He has had and will continue to have my vote! Time to
write a letter of thanks to him too.

T
Mike's a good guy, he is a 50 BMG shooter as well.
Old January 16, 2013, 22:04   #57
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3817
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
Mike's a good guy, he is a 50 BMG shooter as well.
I like him even more now !

Ron W.
sportsnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2013, 23:27   #58
Gun Dr.
Registered

FALaholic #: 40099
Crook County Sheriff has got on board with the letter to DC...

http://www.ktvz.com/news/Crook-Co-sh...z/-/index.html

Would love to be in Salem on the 19th but have to work.

(My sig line didn't need to change. )
Old January 17, 2013, 04:18   #59
Erik the Red
Registered

FALaholic #: 18630
We have got to get behind these good Sheriffs! The only way we're ever gonna defeat this tyranny is to be organized and have people with power and resources backing us up. I gotta get out of this town...... Deo Vindice!

www.campaignforliberty.com

Sons of Confederate Veterans Camp 458 Col. Isaac W. Smith Portland, Oregon.
www.scvportland.org

"To you, Sons of Confederate Veterans, we submit the vindication of the Cause for which we fought; to your strength will be given the defense of the Confederate soldier's good name, the guardianship of his history, the emulation of his virtues, the perpetuation of those principles he loved and which made him glorious and which you also cherish. Remember, it is your duty to see that the true history of the South is presented to future generations."
Lt. Gen. Stephen D. Lee, CSA, Commander, United Confederate Veterans, 1906
Erik the Red is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2013, 04:31   #60
gaijinsamurai
Registered

FALaholic #: 24362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Any of you guys get on Nortwestfirearm.com? I've noticed it's been down all day. Wonder what's up?

DC
I was wondering the same. Maybe anti-2A hackers?
gaijinsamurai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2013, 15:58   #61
Pluskat
Registered

FALaholic #: 19036
and here's a link to a letter from a......"lesser Sheriff".

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story...A.cspx?rss=191

I'm just so damn glad I live outside of THIS guy's county!
Pluskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2013, 16:12   #62
ALL FAL
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 24447
I'm glad you don't either Pluskat. The Lesser sheriff's letter looks like he is trying to play it down the middle, trying to please as many as possible.

Any person who has taken an oath to uphold the constitution needs to do that.

TREASON IS A BIG WORD.

Last edited by ALL FAL; January 17, 2013 at 21:32. Reason: to add Lesser
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2013, 20:19   #63
sparky923
Registered

FALaholic #: 22968
Quote:
Originally Posted by otis61 View Post
Good for you Brunop!!! I agree whole heartedly!!!
This
J3:16
sparky923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2013, 21:16   #64
medicmike
Registered

FALaholic #: 3183
If I can get my a** caught up at work I will be there but not looking good at the moment. I will be there in spirit if nothing else.....
Old January 17, 2013, 21:18   #65
otis61
Registered

FALaholic #: 26667
I should be working Sat, but if ever there was a good reason to call in sick this is it. Will we be seeing Sparky923?
Old January 17, 2013, 21:25   #66
gaijinsamurai
Registered

I was tempted to contemplate calling in sick, but our staff is stretched thin as it is.......and with my luck, the event would be on the news, and someone from work would see me on TV....
Old January 17, 2013, 21:28   #67
gaijinsamurai
Registered

Quote:

As a native of Lane County and former Lane County LEO, I'm glad to be outa there.

.......I would have truly been surprised if the Lane County Sheriff had shown the backbone to stand up to the gun-grabbers and uphold our Constitution.
Old January 18, 2013, 11:23   #68
kwthor
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 49571
Quote:

Sounds like a community organizer running for office!
Old January 19, 2013, 01:23   #69
sparky923
Registered

FALaholic #: 22968
Quote:
Originally Posted by otis61 View Post
I should be working Sat, but if ever there was a good reason to call in sick this is it. Will we be seeing Sparky923?
Trying to decide if I want to be stuck downtown without a rig until everybody decides to return to our rigs. Though, I do like the company.
J3:16
sparky923 is offline   Reply With Quote