Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old October 09, 2017, 14:14   #1
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Las Vegas Concertgoers Sue Bump Fire Stock Maker Slide Fire Solutions

Las Vegas Concertgoers Sue Bump Fire Stock Maker Slide Fire Solutions

Three people who were at the concert last week on which Stephen Paddock rained gunfire from his Mandalay Bay hotel room have sued Slide Fire Solutions, apparently the maker of the bump fire stocks used in the shooting spree. The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act was enacted to shield firearms makers against suits resulting when their otherwise legal products are used by criminals to injure or kill. The PLCAA, however, does not extend its protections to accessory makers.

Continued: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ire-solutions/

Black Blade: Here it starts ...
Old October 09, 2017, 15:32   #2
medicmike
Get off my lawn
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
I didn't figure it would take long
Old October 09, 2017, 15:42   #3
Retired Bum
Registered

FALaholic #: 21904
You would think that the company's law team could get these ridiculous charges dropped in a federal court. But given the large number of federal judges who were appointed by the Klinton Krime Family and Zippy the Wonder Pussy I sure wouldn't count on it.

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Retired Bum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 15:45   #4
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
Which begs the question, why don't they sue the shooter's estate instead? His brother has continually stated that the shooter and his family are wealthy, after all it was nothing to send 100,000$ overseas or spend more than that gambling, and the shooter seems more culpable than slide fire.
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 16:10   #5
easttex
Registered

FALaholic #: 20438
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357ross View Post
Which begs the question, why don't they sue the shooter's estate instead? His brother has continually stated that the shooter and his family are wealthy, after all it was nothing to send 100,000$ overseas or spend more than that gambling, and the shooter seems more culpable than slide fire.
That's coming as well I presume. Still, the gun accessory manufacturer is likely a "bigger" target.

Molon labe
easttex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 16:45   #6
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Sue the concert promoter. They failed to provide adequate ballistic barriers,or any what so ever. Sue the Mandalay.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 18:04   #7
rowjimmy
Registered

FALaholic #: 21662
This begs the question, is a magazine an accessory? Are they next? Maybe this has already bene ruled upon.
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 18:06   #8
Black Blade
Registered

Quote:
The shooters assets have been frozen as of yesterday.
Old October 09, 2017, 18:14   #9
Trypcil
Deep Thunkerer!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
A Certain Inertia!

They will try, they have many vermin, and acolyte in positions of power and influence - Change, comes from minority, always - the majority just follow!
Old October 09, 2017, 19:22   #10
cotter
Registered

FALaholic #: 23754
Why doesn'tthe manufacturer of vehicles driven by drunk drivers get slapped with lawsuits every day? Hell sue the .gov for making the roads he drove in on...
cotter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 09, 2017, 20:05   #11
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
The shooters assets have been frozen as of yesterday.
I have a weird feeling the 'family wealth' came from some very questionable sources that some powerful people don't want disclosed, especially in a court room.
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2017, 08:54   #12
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Hmm. I wonder if he's protected under the lawful commerce in firearms act?
Old October 10, 2017, 09:44   #13
SAFN49
None
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 73015
I think they should sue the ATF for approving it.
SAFN49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2017, 09:49   #14
Incognito
Registered

FALaholic #: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFN49 View Post
beautiful
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2017, 11:43   #15
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotter View Post
Why doesn'tthe manufacturer of vehicles driven by drunk drivers get slapped with lawsuits every day? Hell sue the .gov for making the roads he drove in on...
What about fat people suing spoon makers?
Old October 10, 2017, 12:26   #16
shortround
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
Hmm. I wonder if he's protected under the lawful commerce in firearms act?
I would think a case could be made for this. Otherwise, you would have them going after Magpul, Surefire, Geiselle, Eotech, Trijicon and every other manufacturer of firearm accessories.
Old October 10, 2017, 13:12   #17
SAFN49
None
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 73015
What if he had used a rubber band or shoe string????
SAFN49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2017, 13:14   #18
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
I'm still of the opinion you go after the event coordinators, the hotel, and the city of LV. Here's my thinking...

1. Even was held in an area that was not secure. Sure, you couldn't get your gat in through the metal detectors, but when an event is open otherwise they failed in their attempt at security. Metal detectors mean that the ticket holder paid for security, the security failed them. That's a fault of the organizers.

2. Hotel isn't that old and glass-breakage alarms have been around for a LOT longer than it has, and they are not some crazy-expensive piece of equipment. They should have known the moment the glass was broken. My guess is most of the time it happens it's the guy that just gambled away his kids college fund and is thinking of taking a flying leap, but that's still reason to have the alarms. Fault of the hotel.

3. The city... If the president or some other dignitary were in town they are a big city and know the drill to take the high ground so that bad guys can't. There were cops on the ground around the event so it wasn't like it was news to them, and additionally they should EXPECT an event like this as some crazy jihadi just loves taking out the masses at places and on people they consider "sinful" (see Miami for reference). LV f'ing PRIDES itself on being called "Sin City." How the @#%! could they not see a need for overwatch security at an event of this magnitude? It's a barrel filled with fish, surrounded by perfect firing points; it wasn't a matter of "if" but simply "when?" Guess we now know. Fault LV.

The bumpfire was just a means to an end, no more than ammonium nitrate in OK City or a truck in France. If you continue to blame the inanimate object and not the perpetrators in this blameless society we might as well shut down our criminal justice system and let chaos reign like the snowflakes want.
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2017, 06:57   #19
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhend170 View Post
I'm still of the opinion you go after the event coordinators, the hotel, and the city of LV. Here's my thinking...

1. Even was held in an area that was not secure. Sure, you couldn't get your gat in through the metal detectors, but when an event is open otherwise they failed in their attempt at security. Metal detectors mean that the ticket holder paid for security, the security failed them. That's a fault of the organizers.

2. Hotel isn't that old and glass-breakage alarms have been around for a LOT longer than it has, and they are not some crazy-expensive piece of equipment. They should have known the moment the glass was broken. My guess is most of the time it happens it's the guy that just gambled away his kids college fund and is thinking of taking a flying leap, but that's still reason to have the alarms. Fault of the hotel.

3. The city... If the president or some other dignitary were in town they are a big city and know the drill to take the high ground so that bad guys can't. There were cops on the ground around the event so it wasn't like it was news to them, and additionally they should EXPECT an event like this as some crazy jihadi just loves taking out the masses at places and on people they consider "sinful" (see Miami for reference). LV f'ing PRIDES itself on being called "Sin City." How the @#%! could they not see a need for overwatch security at an event of this magnitude? It's a barrel filled with fish, surrounded by perfect firing points; it wasn't a matter of "if" but simply "when?" Guess we now know. Fault LV.

The bumpfire was just a means to an end, no more than ammonium nitrate in OK City or a truck in France. If you continue to blame the inanimate object and not the perpetrators in this blameless society we might as well shut down our criminal justice system and let chaos reign like the snowflakes want.
I started a thread about the first person to sue the Hotel wins...... Bumpfire Systems will wait until the suit is thrown out or a judgment is in place and then
File Chapter 7. Completely useless for the victims suing. The hotel is going to get hammered.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2017, 11:04   #20
dmk
Registered

FALaholic #: 8802
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhend170 View Post

Wasn't there only one exit as well?
Old October 11, 2017, 11:20   #21
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 27951
Sue the Mandalay Bay Hotel? What kind of security should a hotel have? What would it take to Paddock proof a hotel?

Can Paddock be sued? He's the one responsible but he's dead. Can or should his estate be sued? Sure, he's responsible for the atrocity. This was no accident.
His entire estate should be sold off
Old October 11, 2017, 11:45   #22
pmf
Registered

FALaholic #: 2923
[QUOTE= Zippy the Wonder Pussy[/QUOTE]

pmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2017, 14:47   #23
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
Sue the Mandalay Bay Hotel? What kind of security should a hotel have? What would it take to Paddock proof a hotel?

Can Paddock be sued? He's the one responsible but he's dead. Can or should his estate be sued? Sure, he's responsible for the atrocity. This was no accident.
His entire estate should be sold off
See "broken glass alarm." It's a clue something bad is about to happen, no matter what that something is.
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2017, 14:57   #24
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 27951
'broken glass alarm'

Whoa, that's a big one. Activate a SWAT team immediately.
In Vegas it just means someone is going to jump

And that security guard? If I was his age(young 20s), I wouldn't have been any more help than he was. Hookers, drugs and everything else going on at the hotel, it's unlikely anybody would have known anything was going on.
After the gunshot in his leg, the guy was probably in shock. He may not have legal resident status. Who knows what happened next.

I've worked in the marine industry most of my life. An alarm going off isn't a call to arms. Bad sensors, bad wiring or who knows what. It's something to be checked out but by whom. Maintenance would be the one to call, not SWAT.
Old October 11, 2017, 15:16   #25
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
I say sue those making magazines...
Time...
Newsweek...
Salon...
Rolling Stone...
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2017, 15:40   #26
2barearms
Black Rifles Matter
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
I say sue those making magazines...
Time...
Newsweek...
Salon...
Rolling Stone...

I have to assume those are standard capacity magazines and not the more
deadly high capacity magazines.....

BTW You can sue a ham sandwich and win....The Hotel WILL be sued you can
bet on it.....no pun....ijs

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2017, 19:01   #27
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
I am surprised they have not sued the gun maker, ammo factory, and LGS for selling to the guy.

And, more importantly, what about Puttin? How come he has not been blamed for this yet?
Old October 11, 2017, 19:08   #28
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
You can hear the ambulances (and the lawyers chasing them) from here...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12, 2017, 01:08   #29
Black Blade
Registered

Gun-Control Group Sues 'Bump Stock' Makers Over Las Vegas Shooting Massacre

A prominent gun-control group filed a lawsuit Tuesday against the maker of “bump stocks,” the devices believed to have been used by a mass shooter in Las Vegas to inflict maximum carnage when he opened fire on a country music festival last week. The devices, which are legal, essentially allow semiautomatic weapons to rapid-fire bullets, much like an automatic rifle or machine gun would. A dozen rifles fitted with bump stocks were found in the hotel suite of Stephen Paddock, who killed 58 people in 11 minutes from his perch on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel on Oct. 1.

Continued: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.86b7d91c3827
Old October 12, 2017, 02:57   #30
tommygun2000
Registered

FALaholic #: 9196
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFN49 View Post
The ATF never "approved" it as it never met any criteria necessary to be regulated.

Legal before evaluation and just as legal after evaluation.

Stop chasing rainbows.
tommygun2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12, 2017, 03:06   #31
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
I have a weird feeling the 'family wealth' came from some very questionable sources that some powerful people don't want disclosed, especially in a court room.
This.

Can't sue the Feds...

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=89
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote