The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The HK Files

Notices

Old April 09, 2019, 17:41   #1
funtapaz
Registered

FALaholic #: 71036
3D Printable HK33/C93/PTR 91 Paddle Magazine Release Jig

I made a post about this on the Weapons Guild forum, but I thought it might be appropriate to put it here as well. If that's not cool just delete this topic.

When I got my Century C93 rifle I decided I wanted to install a paddle magazine release. I went to RTG and saw their cheapest option was $130 for a jig, and I wasn't going to pay a quarter of what I had in the rifle just to buy a jig I may use only once. I also had a crooked weldment installed, as well as what looked like out of spec magazine catch holes. So with all this taken into account, I decided I would make use of the Ender 3 Pro I purchased late last year and headed down the DIY path I so dearly love.

That resulted in a 3D printable jig, which is available for download here.

Photos are included at that link, but for your convenience I will also link them here too.
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Comparison between new and old

There was an older version in the original thread, this new version includes several improvements like an extended drill guide section, more inside space for fitment around a weldment/shelf, and a much improved magazine catch pin. I originally used it to successfully drill the hole on my C93, and have also checked fitment on a factory built PTR 91 rifle. Outside of the jig needing fitment to close over the welds, it fit quite well. I will be using my jig to do the drilling on the PTR 91 rifle as well later next week. I have yet to check this on any other roller-delay guns beyond the C93 and PTR 91, so be aware of this. If you print or buy one, please respond to this thread letting me know what your experience was like so I can further improve the jig!

I know not everyone has access to a mill or 3D printer. If you would like a jig mailed to you USPS First Class, it will be $20 (shipping is included in the price). Just send it to wyattallyn@fullfoc.us via PayPal with your address included, or PM me to let me know you're sending me a check or money order and I will reply to you with my address. You will receive one v 1.2 jig, two standard sized nylon 6 magazine catch pins, one oversized magazine catch pin, and basic instructions. Lead time is usually around 2-3 days (the jig + pins takes about 4 hours total to print).
funtapaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 09, 2019, 19:51   #2
wilson180
Registered

FALaholic #: 80897
Thanks for your work on this. I plan to try it on a Century C308.
wilson180 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 09, 2019, 20:19   #3
funtapaz
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson180 View Post
Thanks for your work on this. I plan to try it on a Century C308.
Let me know if you have any issues with pin fitment, I don't mind to modify the model for the jig and pins to fit your rifle's magazine catch holes. Just need the diameter of your rifle's magazine catch holes on each side to do the modification.
Old April 09, 2019, 21:33   #4
HK556WI
Registered

FALaholic #: 63532
Just remember if you are doing this.

Do not drill all the way thru your shelf.

If you do. That is what is called manufacturing an illegal machine-gun.
HK556WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2019, 14:39   #5
DrJake
Registered

FALaholic #: 80449
Iíll take one. PM me and address for a Money Order
DrJake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2019, 08:54   #6
funtapaz
Registered

Started work on a version with a metal bushing (made of center drilled allthread), I will try to ship this to anyone who might want one going forward.

https://www.fullfoc.us/wp-content/up...7792251665.jpg