The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old April 15, 2019, 08:50   #1001
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
At a higher level, what is being pondered. However, there is so much infighting between the left, right and swamp, I'm not sure anything will be done except at local levels.
https://thehill.com/opinion/national...e-the-next-war
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2019, 16:00   #1002
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
At a higher level, what is being pondered. However, there is so much infighting between the left, right and swamp, I'm not sure anything will be done except at local levels.
https://thehill.com/opinion/national...e-the-next-war
We're on our own, always been that way for anything huge.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 19, 2019, 08:49   #1003
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Woke to massive lightning storm about four am and been up since. Has calmed a bit for moment but am morning have heard and seen to occasional big smack followed by the arc of a transformer cooking off or sirens wailing a few minutes after each. For some reason just mm last week GA Power was out "inspecting" my whole house surge protection system for third of fourth time. Usually it's a tech along with a couple guys in suits where tech sets up a ground rod resistance test and will run both 3 and 4 rod fall of potential test and a stakeless two rod test attaching to the two rods code calls for from meter base using something like a Fluke 1625-2 earth ground testing kit.

Most recently they showed up with a Megger GTS-300 Safety Ground Tester Kit which have only seen three times in my life and the techs running them said their company rents the machine when they need it due to expense. They asked me again about how many ground rods, how they were connected, etc. Asked why such a big deal and said they would like to find an affordable way to get the numbers my halo ground system is posting and determine how I got the house at such a low potemtial.

Told them a dozen rods, attach everything from phone, cable t.v., power rear in slab, plumbing and be sure to drive a few rods to bed rock but say no house in a area with their monthly subscription surge protection is grounded nearly as well as we are and am better than some cell tower sites and critical Ma Bell buildings. Just lucky I guess combined with a lot of work. They saw the new radio tower going up and we're very interested in the start of its additional ground system and radials.

Storm was booming so bad by 4:30 am I killed my connection to the grid and went in genertor. When see transformers blowing up in the distance from lighting strikes, hear sirens constantly and such generally separate us from the rest of the world. Even hit the physical disconnect to wire pair for phone coming in house which got a call from alarm company asking ik knew phone was down and told them had it disconnected till storms cleared and why had cellular and radio backup to the wire pair. Even if just a serious lighting storm if able to get unattached from a coast to coast spiderweb of overhead wires let the generator run a test cycle till storms pass. Guarantee the Mosfets in my UPC's and other surge protection devices appreciated not having to contend with all the brown outs and short outages we were having.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2019, 12:30   #1004
C2A1
Registered

more on AF take on EMP. Some of the other articles are interesting such as mining on the moon and the F-15EX vs F-35.
http://www.airforcemag.com/Features/...se-Summit.aspx
Old April 22, 2019, 14:02   #1005
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Owner of Virgin Records, Airlines, etc has a department that studies trends to invest in technologies and products 100 years in future, another that works 500 years into the future and one that works a millenium into the future. They are already working to acquire mining rights on the moon, Mars, in the Kepler Asteroid Belt and more. 100 years from now they will be bringing iridium back from the moon, 500 from now minerals from Mars and 1,000 years will be dragging asteroids back to the moon or near earth orbit to slice into most profitable chunks. Think they have not looked at EMP? I look at private sector to do more than the government to ensure profits in any trajedy.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2019, 14:54   #1006
C2A1
Registered

Yes, Richard is a character for sure. There is a member here that tell some good stories on the organization (or disorganization as the case maybe).