Old April 28, 2018, 04:34   #101
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
I disagree.

That is a small bit of the unspoiled West.

I would like to own about 20 sections.

This humble Nigerian sca....

This fake online perso....

This guy here appreciates your input
Old April 28, 2018, 22:52   #102
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypaper View Post
I didn't know where to put this....so it goes right here.

The lucky winner (of what ever event) gets to go home with this padded metric B set.

Just let me know who to send it off to for safe keeping.

Holy crap - that is amazing!! Thanks a ton for the wonderful gift. Someone's gonna be really stoked!!!
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2018, 22:55   #103
Tat2
Registered

FALaholic #: 52329
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x401 View Post
197 between Hood river and Madras ia a whole lot of nothing and a waste of time and gas.

You. Must. See. Crater Lake! Really.
+1,000,000

As a southern Oregonian I concur wholeheartedly!!! EPIC!

T
Tat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2018, 00:55   #104
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
I vote to do ANY 2 of the 3 events concurrently...otherwise, its going to a dam long day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan Raider
That 3 gun thing is the bottleneck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan Raider
I’m sure it is. But anything that takes 6 hours should have
something else taking up the time.

What if the Moses Match happens Friday during the Rifleman / 3 Gun thing? If Terry, Justin, and I shot the Moses Match first, we could go get our thing going, and other participants could do one or the other (or both) and get two events out of the way Friday after Tuscan's handgun event. This would also allow Otis to keep his slot Saturday morning before the wind picks up.

*IF* we did it this way, it would look like this...

Thursday

hang out / set up camp

Friday

0900 hrs. Handgun

1100 hrs. Rifleman + 3 Gun

1100 hrs. Moses Match

1600 hrs. RowJimmy Clays

Dinner

Saturday

0900 hrs. Drop 15

1130 hrs. Otis61 Match

1700 hrs. King Shot

Dinner and or whatever
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old April 29, 2018, 01:03   #105
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
What if the Moses Match happens Friday during the Rifleman / 3 Gun thing? If Terry, Justin, and I shot the Moses Match first, we could go get our thing going, and other participants could do one or the other (or both) and get two events out of the way Friday after Tuscan's handgun event. This would also allow Otis to keep his slot Saturday morning before the wind picks up.

*IF* we did it this way, it would look like this...

Thursday

hang out / set up camp

Friday

0900 hrs. Handgun

1100 hrs. Rifleman + 3 Gun

1100 hrs. Moses Match

1600 hrs. RowJimmy Clays

Dinner

Saturday

0900 hrs. Drop 15

1130 hrs. Otis61 Match

1700 hrs. King Shot

Dinner and or whatever
That seems doable.
Old April 29, 2018, 02:06   #106
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

I'll ask Terry and Justin if that's okay with them.

If it is, I think we should count on it happening like that.
Old April 29, 2018, 10:23   #107
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
Quote:
That seems doable.
Or.....

We use the Irons Man challenge to qualify for the 3 gun should go real fast
Old April 29, 2018, 11:05   #108
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
I'll ask Terry and Justin if that's okay with them.

If it is, I think we should count on it happening like that.
Good by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilsurpMonkey View Post
Or.....

That is diabolical.......

I like that in a person...

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2018, 11:07   #109
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilsurpMonkey View Post
Or.....

The whole point of this was to put more emphasis back on shooting, not vice versa...
Old April 29, 2018, 11:31   #110
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

The whole point of this was to put more emphasis back on shooting, not vice versa...
And the point of the Irons Man Challenge was to put more emphasis on actually making a hit.

Old May 01, 2018, 10:23   #111
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Rich -

We'll set up Moses Match and Drop 15 on your side of camp (North Range), and you can do Moses on Friday and Drop 15 on Saturday. You'll be 'on' from 1100 to 1300 on Friday, and you'll be 'on' in your normal slot on Saturday morning.

Terry, Justin, and I will figure out the Rifleman's Challenge + 3 Gun thing, which will start right after we three shoot the Moses Match - which we'll do right after TR's Handgun Event. Meaning we don't have to shoot the Handgun thing at any specific time, as long as we all (you, me, Terry, Justin) are done by 11AM so we can head over to the North side and shoot first.

You'll stay and run Moses, and we'll bail and head over to start the other thing.

Last edited by brunop; May 01, 2018 at 10:38.
Old May 01, 2018, 10:37   #112
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Terry and Justin -

Were we thinking of doing the Rifleman's Challenge over to the north (not the North Range where Rich sets up) and shooting it down hill? If that is the case, we've got some 'range prep' to do, because I don't think the prone position is very clear - but I could be remembering it incorrectly. I (sorta) thought we were doing that ^ and then each shooter would circle back to the beginning of the 3-gun thing just north of Jason's handgun range.

We also need to decide how many Rifleman's Challenge attempts we allow, and if we are going to stack shooters there, or if it is a one-at-a-time 'gate' to entering the 3 Gun thing.

This is the latest we've ever left this type of planning. I'd like to get this worked out so I can figure out which steel is going where, and what clays and paper targets to purchase.
Old May 01, 2018, 11:10   #113
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Terry and Justin -

This is the latest we've ever left this type of planning. I'd like to get this worked out so I can figure out which steel is going where, and what clays and paper targets to purchase.
We will have a conference soon.

I will go west, or you east, as timing allows.

Old May 01, 2018, 20:19   #114
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Rich -

We'll set up Moses Match and Drop 15 on your side of camp (North Range), and you can do Moses on Friday and Drop 15 on Saturday. You'll be 'on' from 1100 to 1300 on Friday, and you'll be 'on' in your normal slot on Saturday morning.

Terry, Justin, and I will figure out the Rifleman's Challenge + 3 Gun thing, which will start right after we three shoot the Moses Match - which we'll do right after TR's Handgun Event. Meaning we don't have to shoot the Handgun thing at any specific time, as long as we all (you, me, Terry, Justin) are done by 11AM so we can head over to the North side and shoot first.

You'll stay and run Moses, and we'll bail and head over to start the other thing.
That all sounds fine to me. We need to talk about target logistics soon.
Old May 01, 2018, 22:03   #115
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

I don't remember which steel is where. I think Dave has some 8x13 plates, and I think you might have some stuff? I can drive up and get steel from you so you don't have to haul it all.

And on a related note, I really (really) want to go back to the tire sections + plates hanging from 4x4 tripods. It is "slower" than falling plates, but if everybody has to shoot the same 'problem', it's is fair for everyone.

It'll save an hour or two on that one event alone if we don't have to re-set.

And I don't know if that Moses event is 8 plates (individual) or 12 plates (team).
Old May 01, 2018, 22:23   #116
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34966
Quote:
I don't remember which steel is where. I think Dave has some 8x13 plates, and I think you might have some stuff? I can drive up and get steel from you so you don't have to haul it all.
I told Rich that I'm more than happy to haul stuff over for him too
Elkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2018, 22:32   #117
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Thanks, Rich! If you can, and I don't have to come up to get it, that would be bitchin'.

I just need to know what is coming.
Old May 01, 2018, 22:39   #118
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Thanks, Rich! If you can, and I don't have to come up to get it, that would be bitchin'.

I just need to know what is coming.
I have no idea who has what steel. I probably have some random sized stuff if we need more.

With all that said, I will haul whatever Rich needed over there even if I have to drag my trailer. I have to admit it is fun to watch Rich show up looking like the Beverly hillbillies
Old May 01, 2018, 22:43   #119
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Yeah - I'm not asking you to inventory it. I'll find out from Rich what he's got. If you can bring some of it, that'd be great.
Old May 01, 2018, 23:09   #120
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:

And on a related note, I really (really) want to go back to the tire sections + plates hanging from 4x4 tripods. It is "slower" than falling plates, but if everybody has to shoot the same 'problem', it's is fair for everyone.

It'll save an hour or two on that one event alone if we don't have to re-set.

And I don't know if that Moses event is 8 plates (individual) or 12 plates (team).
I have the (12) 8 x 13 plates you left at Dave's. I also have (6) of my own I'll bring, along with all the poppers. Not worried about the haul out, my cousins driving over this year and offered to pick up the slack.

The (individual) Moses is 8 plates. We aren't doing a team event, Right?

Like the hanging plate idea *Again*. But if that's going to be the drill, we need to set up (2) 8ft. racks with 4 plates each or we can't get enough definition between them @ 200yds.... ya know? And doing it that way pretty much requires someone calling hits for score...
Old May 01, 2018, 23:24   #121
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

1. No team event. Agreed.

2. I don't think 8' racks with 4 plates gives enough definition - I think I remember that that's when we have to call "hits". I also think we should paint the targets black and the tires white. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, but I think that's the ticket for the best definition.

What if we do 3 plates per 8', and set up three of them (9 plates total...)? Instead of calling "hit", we could call "Clear" or "Next" or "Go" between the three frames? If we do this, there will be some really slow scores, and there will be some really fast runs. Kinda cool to see who gets on it and who doesn't.
Old May 01, 2018, 23:27   #122
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
What if we do 3 plates per 8', and set up three of them (9 plates total...)? Instead of calling "hit", we could call "Clear" or "Next" between the three frames? If we do this, there will be some really slow scores, and there will be some really fast runs. Kinda cool to see who gets on it and who doesn't.
I like that. 3 racks, 9 plates.

That will leave a bunch of 8 x 13's available for something else..

No so thrilled with the "next/clear" thing. That's going to confuse the crap out of people...
Old May 01, 2018, 23:38   #123
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

No so thrilled with the "next/clear" thing. That's going to confuse the crap out of people...
I'm about 95% sure I can bring the quad for target resets if needed
Old May 01, 2018, 23:40   #124
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Didn't mean to quote the above. Just offering up the quad
Old May 01, 2018, 23:50   #125
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

9 plates. Maybe we set up a fourth rack of 3 as a back-up. 12 plates used up.

6 plates left over. Events that need steel:

Handgun (although we've never used smaller plates for handgun before...)

Otis61 Long Range - I don't know what distances or what sizes Otis is planning

3 Gun - but I have other steel I can use - definitely looking to NOT reset for this event
Old May 01, 2018, 23:52   #126
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:

I don't care if we say anything, or if we call "hit" like normal, or what the protocol is. It's your baby.

Maybe some guys will get ahead of the call, and that will be great. Guys that wait for the "hit" call are going to be slower - but that's on the individual.
Old May 01, 2018, 23:55   #127
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Do your plates have bolt holes, or are they solid?

Do you have tire sections and hardware?
Old May 02, 2018, 00:22   #128
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

If we all shoot wrong handed the resets will go a lot faster
Old May 02, 2018, 07:13   #129
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Do your plates have bolt holes, or are they solid?

Do you have tire sections and hardware?

My plates don't have holes...but thats why God gave us Oxygen/Acetylene. 😁
Pretty sure I can cover the rubber and hardware as well. I'll let you know.
Old May 02, 2018, 10:50   #130
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Rich -

Before you start cutting up your plates, what if we use my 12 for the Moses thing (9 + 3 for back up...), and see if your 6 will be used elsewhere - like handgun, 3 gun, or on a stand for Otis' event.

And if you *do* decide to do the holes, I think I've got extra tire sections and hardware - so don't buy any or take the time to cut tires up just yet.
Old May 02, 2018, 10:53   #131
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
If we all shoot wrong handed the resets will go a lot faster

Or... we're all going to shoot a lot slower, and that + reset will make it take all afternoon. I don't think 4x401 will let us do that.
Old May 02, 2018, 18:58   #132
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Rich -

Before you start cutting up your plates, what if we use my 12 for the Moses thing (9 + 3 for back up...), and see if your 6 will be used elsewhere - like handgun, 3 gun, or on a stand for Otis' event.

And if you *do* decide to do the holes, I think I've got extra tire sections and hardware - so don't buy any or take the time to cut tires up just yet.
Not a big deal to burn some holes in my targets. Will probably do it anyway, but I get what you're saying.

Just checked and I have the rubber and hardware. So I'll have 12 of them ready to swing for June.

Is there going to be a "Community" shotgun for the three gun?
Old May 02, 2018, 19:00   #133
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Or... we're all going to shoot a lot slower, and that + reset will make it take all afternoon. I don't think 4x401 will let us do that.
Damn strait Skippy! That's cutting into valuable drink'in time!
Old May 02, 2018, 19:24   #134
Invictus77
Bronze Contributor

The latest manifestation of plans based on feedback is this route below. We are thinking 5 days total in OR to make this loop, including the Friday & Saturday with you folks.

She wants to drive the coast. I want to see Hood River. You all suggested Crater Lake. WE want to see you all.

Thoughts from the tribe?

Old May 02, 2018, 19:31   #135
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

3 days net is a push, if you want to stop and actually see anything.

707 miles....according to your google.

Old May 02, 2018, 19:33   #136
Invictus77
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
This is a detail I need to study on, as well as reading through your planned matches a bit more. I usually fly for stuff with one rifle and one pistol which is pretty straightforward as far as baggage and rental car fit.

Multiple rifles/shotgun/ammo/etc will take a little more thought and effort.
Old May 02, 2018, 19:34   #137
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:

Yes.

Old May 02, 2018, 20:07   #138
Invictus77
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
3 days net is a push, if you want to stop and actually see anything.

707 miles....according to your google.

My initial thoughts were to fly in on Tuesday, drive to (or at least somewhat toward) the coast that evening.

Wed-Wander down the coast.

Thurs-Head East in the morning, see Crater Lake, drive to Bend that evening.

Fri & Sat - Shoot

Sun- Drive North to Hood River. Stay there or drive toward Portland that evening depending on departure time.

Mon-Fly home.
Old May 02, 2018, 20:08   #139
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
Quote:
I can throw in a sighted pump tacticool plastic fantastic jobbie that no one can hurt for it. (Bone stock Benelli Nova Tactical)
Old May 02, 2018, 20:17   #140
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
The latest manifestation of plans based on feedback is this route below. We are thinking 5 days total in OR to make this loop, including the Friday & Saturday with you folks.

She wants to drive the coast. I want to see Hood River. You all suggested Crater Lake. WE want to see you all.

Thoughts from the tribe?

Not exactly the route I'd take, but a good choice. I concur with Terry, ya'll are really going to be pushed to do all that in 5 days and actually Enjoy the scenery...

Quote:
This is a detail I need to study on, as well as reading through your planned matches a bit more. I usually fly for stuff with one rifle and one pistol which is pretty straightforward as far as baggage and rental car fit.

We've yet to actually post course descriptions. As a rule, we don't get too hung-up on what you bring to shoot in any particular event.

Quote:
Yes.

Old May 02, 2018, 20:30   #141
Invictus77
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
we don't get too hung-up on what you bring to shoot in any particular event.
The offers to supply guns & ammo from you PNW folks is incredible

Quote:
Not exactly the route I'd take, but a good choice. I concur with Terry, ya'll are really going to be pushed to do all that in 5 days and actually Enjoy the scenery...
That is why I am asking Rich. We have limited time due to other vacation plans this year, but I don't want to cut it too close to the limit either. I'm open to all suggestions amigo.
Old May 02, 2018, 20:34   #142
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
My initial thoughts were to fly in on Tuesday, drive to (or at least somewhat toward) the coast that evening.

Fri & Sat - Shoot

Sun- Drive North to Hood River. Stay there or drive toward Portland that evening depending on departure time.

Mon-Fly home.
I see a huge flaw in your planning

I see nothing about drinking around the fire with us
Old May 02, 2018, 20:39   #143
Invictus77
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
I see a huge flaw in your planning

I see nothing about drinking around the fire with us
Rental car seats recline bro! We are planning to be there Fri & Sat evenings as well
Old May 02, 2018, 20:39   #144
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
Quote:

Bring what you want. My idea for the pistol shoot fell a little
short after finding out how many didn't meet the requirement.

Therefore, the pistol shoot is nothing fancy.

7 targets for time. Distance will vary. If it looks like we are
moving fast, will do best of 3 times.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2018, 20:41   #145
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Rental car seats recline bro! We are planning to be there Fri & Sat evenings as well
I'll do my best to bring a couple extra chairs and have the cooler stocked up
Old May 02, 2018, 20:44   #146
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan Raider View Post
Bring what you want. My idea for the pistol shoot fell a little short
Are you making short jokes now
Old May 02, 2018, 20:44   #147
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Fri & Sat - Shoot

Mon-Fly home.
That sounds like a good plan.

Answer a couple Q's... What time is your flight coming into Portland? I can't tell what route you chose from Portland to the coast, what is it?
Old May 02, 2018, 20:53   #148
Invictus77
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
That sounds like a good plan.

Answer a couple Q's... What time is your flight coming into Portland? I can't tell what route you chose from Portland to the coast, what is it?
Both Q's are TBD:

I'm just trying to make a general plan at this moment, then book flights.

What route would you suggest to the coast? I just put in "way-points" on Google Maps with minimal details to see the basic time/distance.
Old May 02, 2018, 21:39   #149
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Both Q's are TBD:

I'm just trying to make a general plan at this moment, then book flights.

What route would you suggest to the coast? I just put in "way-points" on Google Maps with minimal details to see the basic time/distance.
I was asking what time because depending when it is, I could see ya off the plane...I live pretty close to PDX.

As far as the coast route... Hiway 26 West out of Portland to Cannon Beach, overnight there. Don't bother seeing Seaside, its a tourist trap.

Cannon beach is a nice starting point for your drive down the coast. Lots of great scenery, some of the best of the Oregon coastline IMO. Plenty of spots to pull over and gawk. You will need ALL of Wednesday for that leg, and that'll be pushing it....

Coast to Bend...in 1 day.... sure, if you plan to drive straight through...another Looonnnggg day. Trying to fit in Crater lake, brother it ain't happening. If you pushed the coast cruise into Roseburg, you'd be cheating yourself of what little coast time you already have, but would be in alittle better position to hit Crater and make it to Bend...You REALLY need 1 more day to do this right..
Old May 02, 2018, 21:46   #150
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

I think that that plan will work just fine. If you fly Tuesday, you'll land mid-day or mid-afternoon (SWAG). Drive to Astoria (2 hours, 15 minutes) via HWY 30. Do *NOT* do what Google Maps tells you to do and go north on I-5 into Washington and then over at Longview - sucky drive, and probably full of commuters in the afternoon. But either way you're going to find out how crappy Portland traffic is...

You will be able to see the mighty Columbia river, which at its widest is nearly 10 miles across. Good enough restaurants and cute town (Astoria). It is where Lewis & Clark terminated their journey west. You can stay there, or you can drive south to Gearhart, Seaside, or Cannon Beach if you need to make time - but I don't think you do.

TOTAL TUESDAY DRIVING = 2.5 hours

Wednesday morning drive from Astoria to North Bend, OR - less than 5 hours driving. Plenty of time to eat seafood and get out of the car at the various view points looking over the Pacific Ocean. Mid Coast (between Waldport and Florence) has some incredible highway views - you feel like you're hanging off the edge of the continent (because you are...). Get ready to drive slowly, because there will be RVs in front of you. OTOH, it'll help take in the views.

TOTAL WEDNESDAY DRIVING = 5 or 6 hours depending on traffic. Plenty of time to stop, look, and eat.

Thursday drive to Crater Lake. About 4 hours of driving. Mountain roads - first in the coast range, and then in the Cascades. Beautiful. And the pay-off is massive.

After Crater Lake drive to Bend, which is only another 2.5 hours. Go to Deschutes Brewery downtown if you like local craft brews and good food in relaxed / brewery atmosphere - but there are lots of good restaurants in Bend, which is an international destination for skiing, outdoor 'lifestyle' folks, and retirees from California's Bay Area...

TOTAL THURSDAY DRIVING = 6.5 or 7 hours. Kinda long day, but broken up with Crater Lake. Just get on the road by 0800 and you'll be fine.

Friday morning get up and drive to the shoot. You'll have time for good coffee, breakfast, and to arrive by 10AM. I'm sure the handgun thing will still be going then, so you'll be on time-ish (starts at 0900 hrs.).

TOTAL FRIDAY DRIVING = 2 hours (1 hour there, and 1 hour back to hotel)

Saturday shoot

TOTAL SATURDAY DRIVING = 2 hours (same as above)

Sunday drive north on HWY 97 and then HWY 26 to Mt. Hood and eat lunch at the Timberline Lodge. 2.5 hours of driving.

Then take HWY 35 down to Hood River. Less than 1.5 hours driving. You should spend a bunch of time looking in your rear view mirror, as the mountain views are amazing heading down that highway, and the apple orchards and vineyards you'll be driving through on the flanks of the mountain are beautiful. Hood River itself isn't that cool, but the trip down 35 to get there is super boss.

Continue to PDX (1 hour driving) or stay the night on the Columbia River (in Hood River) and drive to the airport Monday morning.

TOTAL SUNDAY DRIVING = 4 or 5 hours depending on whether you stay in Hood River or go straight to the airport.

Now I'm done playing Tour Guide. We return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited by brunop; May 02, 2018 at 21:55.