Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AR Files

Notices

Old July 31, 2018, 00:58   #101
TerryN
Registered

FALaholic #: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRA556 View Post
Only place I've seen the H&R and GM receivers was in the various museums in Vietnam. I think all the weapons seen on display there were received from ARVN troops. We had pretty much left there before the NVA final push south in March and April of 1975.
I had an M16A2 with a restamped H&R A1 lower on it through my shop here a few weeks ago. My Korean repairmen think I'm crazy because I check to see who manufactured all the M2A1s and M48 .50 BMGs and M16A2s that come through here. The M16A2s are in war reserve - we have to perform an annual inspection and gaging on them each year.

There are still a bunch of .50s built by the AC Spark Plug Division for WWII in service, and I also saw a High Standard-built gun a couple of weeks ago.
Old August 01, 2018, 09:18   #102
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryN View Post
I had an M16A2 with a restamped H&R A1 lower on it through my shop here a few weeks ago. My Korean repairmen think I'm crazy because I check to see who manufactured all the M2A1s and M48 .50 BMGs and M16A2s that come through here. The M16A2s are in war reserve - we have to perform an annual inspection and gaging on them each year.

There are still a bunch of .50s built by the AC Spark Plug Division for WWII in service, and I also saw a High Standard-built gun a couple of weeks ago.
If we lived in a country with common sense a lot of those could be bought on a Form 4 through the CMP. At least turn loose the ones that don't pass inspection and let loving new owners have them restored rather than turned into mix of spare parts, scrap metal or whatever is done with a M16 or M2 that doesn't pass inspection.

If I could lay hands on a legal and affordable M60E, M2, SAW, etc would be a big boost to the economy as sure my (and many others) annual round count would double, triple or more. Burning that many consumables would create jobs and in the spirit of the 2nd Amendment would increase U.S. ability to protect itself in event of invasion or civil unrest. People that can pass check to get a Form 4 and have enough resources to feed such items are like Military MARS ham radio operators and FEMA approved volunteers. For the most part good to have spread around to back up Feds and local authorities if world goes sideways.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote