The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Daewoo Files

Notices

Old February 04, 2013, 01:49   #51
D.Brown
Registered

FALaholic #: 21040
Vandal,

The work remains impressive. I am not ignorant of the extent of your efforts. It is a princely gift to share the results of your time with us. I don't think it is in your best interest to publish it before production, but, I am glad of it anyway.

Blain,

I STILL shoot, and that in winter. Just these days I tend to use a scope for the ranges you have mentioned. My scopes are nothing fancy, I prefer my Leupold fixed 4x, but, I have never had a problem with them in cold weather. Even when in Michigan's upper peninsula, not that the U.P. really offers long range opportunities.

Yes, I am older and turning to tech to make the same shots. But, even though I am older I am still comfortable carrying a heavier rifle than a poodle shooting WOO for longer range shots.

It is my hope that Vandal continues his work, eventually when I don't care to carry a heavier rifle, I can easily imagine shifting to a 6.5grendel WOO upper instead. I am not there yet. But, I am old enough to acknowledge what is coming and to plan what I will do to compensate. I don't yet have a CZ 527. I will when 6.5g becomes an option.

I am older, slower, meaner and more experienced than I used to be. I still shoot, even in cold weather, and am yet able to lug a scoped .308 around. I just now appreciate a little rail space without feeling a need to fill it all.

DB
Old February 04, 2013, 02:18   #52
D.Brown
Registered

FALaholic #: 21040
Regarding the bayonet lug, The Galil .308 had a longer barrel and the lug was a separate piece. This is because it needed to be placed in front of the gas block in the correct location to actually engage the bayonet.

If you really require it Apex gun parts sells them.

I am now wondering what a longer barreled WOO could look like.

DB
Old February 04, 2013, 09:13   #53
ByrnieMac
Registered

FALaholic #: 64363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blain View Post
A rifleman should be able to engage targets in field positions out to 500 yards.

We don't have anymore riflemen. Just tacticool ninja want to bes.
Off topic, but I have a piece of unfortunate news to anyone who appreciates real marksmanship:

the Marine Corps boot camp is now moving (if they haven't done so already) to all ACOGs... IN BASIC TRAINING.

Which means that even if they gloss over the fundamentals of iron-sight marksmanship, none of the recruits are going to give a flying phuck because that is not what they are using to qualify.

I take loads of pride in my ability to consistently accurately put rounds on target with irons...

Just a sad bit of news. And while Trijicon ACOGs don't use batteries, If all you ever learn to shoot on is a 4x optic, you are useless to me.
Old February 06, 2013, 15:46   #54
vandal968
Registered

FALaholic #: 23530
Barrel added. And a bayo lug for Blain.
vandal968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2013, 00:04   #55
EVC-3
Banned

FALaholic #: 58044
I noticed the QC swivel socket on the lower...nice touch.
EVC-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 08, 2013, 00:29   #56
vandal968
Registered

FALaholic #: 23530
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVC-3 View Post
I noticed the QC swivel socket on the lower...nice touch.
That's actually not a QC, although it could easily be replaced by one. I'm modeling a MaxII which has a non-QC swivel in that location. This hole is missing entirely on the DR's since they attach the rear of the sling to the butthole stock instead.

cheers,
v
vandal968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2013, 11:11   #57
Dasho101
Registered

FALaholic #: 50568
id make it qc just so there are less new desighned parts that need to be fabricated when there are good parts out there all ready made. i do like the bayonet lug (what can i say never use it but its fun to have just to piss of the we hate EBR crowd)
Dasho101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2013, 19:08   #58
azpackrat
Registered

FALaholic #: 35134
I have been working on getting a us made woo in production I have a shop that is willing to do all the milling I just need to come up with funds and get my manufacturing lic if I might be looking for partners fyi
azpackrat is offline   Reply With Quote