The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you been screwed?
I never ordered anything from Johnny 81 39.13%
I ordered, and received product timely 59 28.50%
I ordered and received product unacceptably late 10 4.83%
I ordered, and haven't received shit 41 19.81%
I just like stirring shit 13 6.28%
I made multiple orders - one or more arrived late or never arrived 3 1.45%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 31, 2017, 19:06   #301
slavicshooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 74022
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
Whenever I make bacon chowder, I ad hominems.

I just want the bacon chowder recipe. ~ss
slavicshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 01, 2017, 01:30   #302
Cozmacozmy
Registered

FALaholic #: 9260
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavicshooter View Post
I just want the bacon chowder recipe. ~ss
There is a new pub that opened in town a little bit ago that has "bacon Jam"... Oh is it the bomb!
Old April 01, 2017, 11:20   #303
gordonm1
Registered

FALaholic #: 11572
I've never ordered from Moses. A box of ten used mags before he got going is all I've ever needed.

I read he was making a big order for DSA or something. Is it possible he had some problems supplying DSA and the little fish are being left to die?
gordonm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 01, 2017, 14:01   #304
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonm1 View Post
I've never ordered from Moses. A box of ten used mags before he got going is all I've ever needed.

I read he was making a big order for DSA or something. Is it possible he had some problems supplying DSA and the little fish are being left to die?
No DSA asked me at SHOT if there was some sort
of issue with him and them because he never answered
there emails about buying his mags.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 02, 2017, 03:36   #305
gangland
Registered

FALaholic #: 78148
It'd be nice if he gave me an answer at least, I'm a pretty patient guy. I am moving to another state this month now though and would like at least some sort of reply....
gangland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 02, 2017, 10:07   #306
EPC WN
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65612
So it's now April. Anybody get a box?
Old April 02, 2017, 19:56   #307
Bob888
Registered

FALaholic #: 79435
Ordered 5 FAL mags in mid October. They were listed as being in stock, and like most figured I better get an order in before the November election.

November brought nothing. Sent several emails. I also belatedly saw that he provided free shipping on purchase of 8 magazines, so also sent an email asking how to qualify for the free shipping. He replied immediately to that email, replying that I just needed to order 3 more magazines, pay for them in full and then ask for a refund for the difference in shipping.

Heck, I couldn't get him to send me the original 5 so didn't feel like ordering 3 more. After repeated attempts to get information on my order by email or phone, I finally reached him - he picked up his phone mid-December. He seemed like a nice guy and said he was experiencing health problems. He thought it was his thyroid acting up because he had no energy, and was feeling like he wasn't even the same person. Having a sister with bad thyroid issues, we discussed it some and ended up talking for over half an hour. He finally said his partner quit, then later changed it to he had to let him go. He said he would ship my order out promptly tomorrow morning and that he was only shipping orders when people actually reached him by telephone rather than email. ( I guess a case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease ). So I asked if he really had the FAL mags in stock, and he replied yes - it was the SCAR mags that weren't finished yet.
I asked if he for sure would send the mags the next day, and he said absolutely and confirmed my shipping and order information.

Not only did I not receive the order which he promised me to my face, but I was never again able to get hold of him again after tons of emails and phone attempts. Gave up and called my credit card company in late Jan or early Feb. They said they would credit my account and it would be permanent if they couldn't get the seller to send the product. Still hoping to get magazines at this point.

2 weeks ago, received a notice of order being complete and shipping and tracking notice from the post office that they had been notified of order coming to them from Moses mags. Two weeks later, Post Office hasn't received package from him nor have I. Why would you send shipping notice to the Post Office, also to me and then not ship - but that is what he did.

I'm pretty much done with this guy.
Bob888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 03, 2017, 17:13   #308
fireplug
Registered

FALaholic #: 67410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob888 View Post
Ordered 5 FAL mags in mid October. They were listed as being in stock, and like most figured I better get an order in before the November election.

November brought nothing. Sent several emails. I also belatedly saw that he provided free shipping on purchase of 8 magazines, so also sent an email asking how to qualify for the free shipping. He replied immediately to that email, replying that I just needed to order 3 more magazines, pay for them in full and then ask for a refund for the difference in shipping.

Heck, I couldn't get him to send me the original 5 so didn't feel like ordering 3 more. After repeated attempts to get information on my order by email or phone, I finally reached him - he picked up his phone mid-December. He seemed like a nice guy and said he was experiencing health problems. He thought it was his thyroid acting up because he had no energy, and was feeling like he wasn't even the same person. Having a sister with bad thyroid issues, we discussed it some and ended up talking for over half an hour. He finally said his partner quit, then later changed it to he had to let him go. He said he would ship my order out promptly tomorrow morning and that he was only shipping orders when people actually reached him by telephone rather than email. ( I guess a case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease ). So I asked if he really had the FAL mags in stock, and he replied yes - it was the SCAR mags that weren't finished yet.
I asked if he for sure would send the mags the next day, and he said absolutely and confirmed my shipping and order information.

Not only did I not receive the order which he promised me to my face, but I was never again able to get hold of him again after tons of emails and phone attempts. Gave up and called my credit card company in late Jan or early Feb. They said they would credit my account and it would be permanent if they couldn't get the seller to send the product. Still hoping to get magazines at this point.

2 weeks ago, received a notice of order being complete and shipping and tracking notice from the post office that they had been notified of order coming to them from Moses mags. Two weeks later, Post Office hasn't received package from him nor have I. Why would you send shipping notice to the Post Office, also to me and then not ship - but that is what he did.

I'm pretty much done with this guy.
Wow,Moses outright lied too you 4 times ,the guy is a complete thief and scam artist.
fireplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 03, 2017, 17:17   #309
fireplug
Registered

FALaholic #: 67410
Now Moses is trying too hock his Scar magazines here,I bet he don't even have any of them either,the guy is commiting mail and internet fraud.If I myself even scammed 1 person out of 1 magazine here they would ban me,of course I am new guy so I don't get a free ride.
fireplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 03, 2017, 17:51   #310
EPC WN
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65612
I just don't get it. Killing the goose that lays golden eggs simply doesn't make sense. It truly is an excellent product.
Old April 03, 2017, 18:43   #311
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
Now Moses is trying too hock his Scar magazines here,I bet he don't even have any of them either,the guy is commiting mail and internet fraud.If I myself even scammed 1 person out of 1 magazine here they would ban me,of course I am new guy so I don't get a free ride.
Not that you're necessarily wrong here, but I am kind of wondering what dog you have in this fight...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 03, 2017, 19:24   #312
OMR_RDTandE
Low Speed, High Drag
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4827
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
Johnny will make good. He's a pain in the ass, but he won't screw you.
I've been dealing with Johnny going on 15 years now. That's probably the most accurate description that I've seen posted.

BTW, if it was easy to build a functioning plastic FAL magazine, DSA would have already done it.

High art takes time.

The rulebook is the last refuge of the incompetent. (With apologies to Isaac Asimov)
OMR_RDTandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 03, 2017, 21:50   #313
festus
Registered

FALaholic #: 7928
I sure hope you are right.
Old April 04, 2017, 07:39   #314
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMR_RDTandE View Post
I've been dealing with Johnny going on 15 years now. That's probably the most accurate description that I've seen posted.

BTW, if it was easy to build a functioning plastic FAL magazine, DSA would have already done it.

High art takes time.
It's an interesting point. I saw another project where Kurbelguehaus designed
built and delivered a 22 conversion kit for the FAL. It took about 2 years iirc.
The difference is that he communicated with those here that put their money up
to do it.

The fact is that his product is no longer in development. This has to be one of the most bizarre scenes I've watched happen here in a long time. Maybe his screen name should be changed to Jesus.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2017, 14:04   #315
Cozmacozmy
Registered

LOL
Old April 04, 2017, 15:01   #316
Bob888
Registered

Although I have been following this forum for years, I have only owned 2 FALs - a Belgian LAR and now an Imbel Stg 58 FAL. My knowledge level is far lower than most of you here on these guns, even though I used to sell LARs in the 80's, so I tend to gather information rather than share it.

But this thread and my experience with Mosesmags finally caused me to join to share my experience for those interested. While I have no doubt that we are talking about a basically good guy with some problems - I did talk with him at length - it bothers me a bit that people are so loath to criticize an individual's actions no matter how self serving they may be simply because he has a product that they want.

Call me old fashioned, but I have always grown up with and lived by the creed that a person's word was his bond. You don't lie to people simply because it is expedient to do so and especially to friends. Many of you have known this gentleman for years and I appreciate loyalty as much as the next guy - but call me crazy, this whole scenario seems to be a bit over the top.
Old April 04, 2017, 18:08   #317
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

FALaholic #: 392
I am now back!!! I have been having serious health issues that have kept me from working for months now except on very few occasions. I have been shipping some mags but was overwhelmed with orders ever since the shootings in the summer and the election. Right before I got ill my partner resigned to do the work he has his real passion for, he gave me no notice, so that left me as the only person to run the entire operation!

I've Seen 4 different doctors and had 4 complete blood labs taken on me over the last few months, they tried many different medications none seem to work, my doctors visit last week they seemed to have found a combination of medications that is working well enough for me to work. I was having tremors so bad I couldn't use my hands, they said I was in risk of sudden heart attack, seizures and going into a coma, as well as having blurred vision all the time.

There are several tedious secondary operations that need to be done to the mags on my manual milling machine before they are ready to be assembled, the procedures I could not do in the state of health I have been in, I am doing them now and assembling mags and then shipping them ASAP!

For those who want to hear the dirty details, my little cousin has a brain tumor and has already out lived the 3 months they gave her to live in October, I have tried to see her as many times as I can but those visits have been few and far between because of my health. My Mom is 77 years old and requires assistance everyday as she has many health problems, when I got sick my sister sold her house and moved in with my mom since I could no longer take care of her in my current state, my father died 2 years ago so my mom had no one to take care of her.

I've had a great reputation here on the Fal files for 20 years and would never do anything on purpose to mess that up. I'm sorry I can't control my health,
All I can do is ask for your forgiveness, kindness, a little more patience as I still have a ton of orders to fill. I am sorry I didn't get on the FALFiles sooner to explain the delays.

I have been shipping orders on a regular basis the last 5 days and will continue to do that til all orders all filled.
It is a slower process than normal as I have to sort through all the charge backs people have sent to my credit card processor to know who has and hasn't already cancelled their order.

The Moses Mag website is not working properly at this time and will not take orders! I'm doing the best I can to get it back up and running asap!

I am not a rip off artist and will fill everyone's orders old and new!
I just ask you give me a little more patience to get caught up.

All 3 colors of FAL mags are in stock and have been the entire time, I just haven't been capable of doing the secondary operations.

If anyone wants to place an order while I am getting the website taken care of and get in the queue please text or call me @ (704) 750-9661
please leave a message if I don't answer and I'll get back to you asap!

thank you for listening
If you have any questions for me please text me at the number on the moses mag website (704) 750-9661 you can call also but it really slows the work down as I can't always hear the phone due to the machines and when I do I have to stop working, where as I can answer the texts later.

Thanks Johnny (Moses)

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51

Last edited by moses; April 05, 2017 at 18:16. Reason: spelling
moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2017, 19:37   #318
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 18465
Good to see you back Johnny. Hope you and your family see better health in the days to come. Wow, quadruple whammy all at once.
Old April 04, 2017, 19:39   #319
machinegunner
Registered

FALaholic #: 78657
welcome back. I have been praying for you.
machinegunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2017, 20:13   #320
AFeod
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 75606
Good on ya Johnny. Once you've had a bit of time to catch up I'll be placing an order from you. Glad to see your health issues have become at least manageable.
Old April 04, 2017, 20:23   #321
Illurian00
Registered

FALaholic #: 28599
Dear Friend Moses,,,
Get some fuqqing (shop) help.

Your Friend,

Illurian00

guys, let the man work.

Last edited by Illurian00; April 05, 2017 at 08:06.
Illurian00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 04, 2017, 21:13   #322
George4
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5802
Moses

It has been over 12 years ago that I sent Johnny my near new Imbel. He shortened the barrel, reparked it and returned - no issues. When I test fired it had issues in grouping, beyond a rack grade rifle. Called him, returned it. He found the lower receiver apparently was not milled correctly to properly accomodate the rear sight assembly. He hand filed the receiver & fitted the sight, did a free trigger job, did the usual bench tightening to the rear sight slide returned, no charge. And all these years later she still purrs. No recent experience but my dealings were with an honest man.
Old April 04, 2017, 22:59   #323
Cozmacozmy
Registered

Praying for you Moses. I know what it is like to have to go through serious health issues.
Old April 04, 2017, 23:24   #324
OC_Gunman
Registered

FALaholic #: 79350
Moses,

Can you please prioritize above other orders those of us in California who have ordered blocked 10-round Moses Mags?

As you may be aware, not just sale but POSSESSION of all magazines greater than 10 rounds will be illegal in California on July 1, 2017. That will leave those of us in California without functioning FALs - - if we do not receive your blocked 10-round Moses Mags that we ordered before then. I ordered 10 10-round blocked Moses Mags in September 2016; on your instructions, I sent my order to you by mail, with a Postal Money Order in your name for $327.90.

Please, unless there are other localities with extenuating circumstances, I think California 10-round mag orders should be your top priority. Thank you.

Last edited by OC_Gunman; April 04, 2017 at 23:29.
OC_Gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2017, 00:27   #325
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Glad you're back, Johnny. I'm praying for you. Keep up the good work.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2017, 12:37   #326
lew
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
Johnny, it's great to know that you are still amongst the living.

This may come off harsh, but so be it. I'm going to play devil's advocate here: Why were you accepting new orders when you had no capacity to fulfill them?

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -H.L. Mencken
lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2017, 16:44   #327
TXMoose
Registered

FALaholic #: 73164
Good to see you back Johnny, love my moses mags.

Hopefully everybody now puts away the pitchforks and torches
TXMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2017, 16:55   #328
chino*74
Registered

FALaholic #: 75409
Right., isn't it great? Nothing changes until all outstanding orders are filled., meanwhile it's just talk & nothing more. U'all put that in Ur pipe & smoke it. Enjoy.
Old April 05, 2017, 17:00   #329
OMR_RDTandE
Low Speed, High Drag
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4827
Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
This may come off harsh, but so be it. I'm going to play devil's advocate here: Why were you accepting new orders when you had no capacity to fulfill them?
LOL, Because then they'd bitch because he wouldn't take their money. Then, the conspiracies would start about how he was really doing a big order for DSA, so they could mark them up 50%.

You all do realize, that could become the reality. Anything he does to improve delivery time, is going to eventually add to the price if he has to hire help or get a third party involved.

The rulebook is the last refuge of the incompetent. (With apologies to Isaac Asimov)
OMR_RDTandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2017, 18:07   #330
moses
One of the original 400
Contributor

FALaholic #: 392
Thank you for all the kind words, and I accept the harsh words also they are deserved!
To answer the question why I was still taking orders is that I kept expecting to feel good enough to work after each doctors visit and had no Idea it would be drawn out this long.

The California mags I will definitely put a priority on as I am pretty sure you guys have been waiting the longest.

If anyone wants to place an order while I am getting the website taken care of and get in the queue
please text or call me @ (704) 750-9661
please leave a message if I don't answer and I'll get back to you asap!

Military rifle steel plate match schedule for 2016, April 9th, June 11th, Sept. 10th & Nov. 12th

Best Drop 8 time "8.47"
8 for 8
FAL/STG 7.62X51

Last edited by moses; April 05, 2017 at 18:21.
moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 05, 2017, 19:00   #331
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino*74 View Post
Right., isn't it great? Nothing changes until all outstanding orders are filled., meanwhile it's just talk & nothing more. U'all put that in Ur pipe & smoke it. Enjoy.
Thank you Captain Obvious!

You think all the people here will let us know whether or not they got their mags?

So do I.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old April 06, 2017, 16:37   #332
Roadmarker
Remaining Vigilant 3-7-77
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63605
I'm waiting for the "Sorry, I screwed up" special!
Roadmarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 08, 2017, 11:45   #333
Jen
Administrator

FALaholic #: 105
Moses: You need to take care of existing issues and customers before you start soliciting more sales for a product you haven't been able to reliably deliver on regardless of the reason or excuses for why.

You don't know me, son. So let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 08, 2017, 17:03   #334
Cozmacozmy
Registered

WOW! Jen is alive! I haven't seen a post from you in a long time!
Old April 08, 2017, 17:27   #335
Nuttz
Semper Fidelis
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69873
Johnny, you gonna be at Stimps next week? I've got one with an issue that I need to swap out with you.
Old April 08, 2017, 17:53   #336
PenderMedic
Registered

FALaholic #: 78901
Please also Johnny.......As I've stated to you several times please reply to all the unhappy customers on your Facebook page in the community section......One of them I recommended you to them .....Felt crappy when he got stiffed, then about 2 months ago you told me to let everyone know that their shipment was going out that weeks, and that mine was shipped that day , and that a tracking number would be sent that night.....(was told that it was shipped 3 times).....Have all texts and emails saved.... Including the Different stories you told my husband when he texted from his phone.
PenderMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 09, 2017, 08:41   #337
Straight Shooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 74860
Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
I am now back!!!
Has anyone here received their back ordered magazines as yet? Proof is in the pudding.

Straight Shooter
Straight Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 09, 2017, 11:25   #338
lew
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMR_RDTandE View Post
LOL, Because then they'd bitch because he wouldn't take their money. Then, the conspiracies would start about how he was really doing a big order for DSA, so they could mark them up 50%.

You all do realize, that could become the reality. Anything he does to improve delivery time, is going to eventually add to the price if he has to hire help or get a third party involved.
Then he should eat the costs and make it right to those who ordered or refund them their money. The choice is clear. They can conjure up theories all they want; he has a long way to go to set things straight before he think about future business.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -H.L. Mencken
lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 09, 2017, 11:39   #339
Guy-epic
Registered

FALaholic #: 70221
Wow all this talk of discounts and money off orders?! I don't get it, he is a small bussiness that isn't making a killing, why don't we be supportive and give him time to breath and catch up on his orders? Heck I will place a order today and let him ship them when he gets to it. He always fills his orders.
Old April 09, 2017, 12:05   #340
He11RZR
Registered

FALaholic #: 78974
You had better consider it a donation then....
He11RZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 09, 2017, 16:43   #341
Psc199333
Registered

FALaholic #: 79319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy-epic View Post
Wow all this talk of discounts and money off orders?! I don't get it, he is a small bussiness that isn't making a killing, why don't we be supportive and give him time to breath and catch up on his orders? Heck I will place a order today and let him ship them when he gets to it. He always fills his orders.
Make sure you use your credit card so you can charge back. Also, make sure you find out how long your credit card will let you charge back. If not, your going to be a sad, sad boy....
Psc199333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 09, 2017, 18:23   #342
Guy-epic
Registered

FALaholic #: 70221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psc199333 View Post
Make sure you use your credit card so you can charge back. Also, make sure you find out how long your credit card will let you charge back. If not, your going to be a sad, sad boy....
First thing I have complete confidence that any order I place will be filled. second, I am not going to worry about a couple of magazines when he has donated free of charge magazines to FAL shoots. So many people are forgetting what he has done in the past for this community, and only focused on what have you done today. Sounds like he is having a ruff go at things? It is what it is. We are talking the guy that took on a huge undertaking of making a plastic FAL magazine, I don't think he did it to become a millionaire, as I don't see that happening. I wish him well, and I hope that these orders get filled. God be with you and your family
Old April 09, 2017, 19:33   #343
Psc199333
Registered

FALaholic #: 79319
That's all fine and good. Sounds to me, instead of all the effort he has put into drumming up new orders and selling new products, he should shut the website off from orders and start up a go fund me account or something. Stealing from my family because of problems with his family is wrong. Within the last 6 months he very easily could have called whoever runs his website and shut it off from taking new orders, and put a brief message up explaining why.

Last edited by Psc199333; April 09, 2017 at 19:50.
Psc199333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 09, 2017, 21:36   #344
He11RZR
Registered

According to Moses, in his mea culpa on April 4th, he's been shipping orders for 5 days. That would be March 31st. Has anyone received an order? They should be coming in by now. Please post here if anyone gets their merchandise.
Old April 09, 2017, 21:56   #345
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psc199333 View Post
That's all fine and good. Sounds to me, instead of all the effort he has put into drumming up new orders and selling new products, he should shut the website off from orders and start up a go fund me account or something. Stealing from my family because of problems with his family is wrong. Within the last 6 months he very easily could have called whoever runs his website and shut it off from taking new orders, and put a brief message up explaining why.
Don't get to hung up with anything 'ol mr. guy epic spews....he's a certifiable retard. And yes that assessment is from personal experience.

Johnny knows he fudged up...he also knows he's the only game in town for reliable aftermarket Fal mags...Whats a girl to do.

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene"

Last edited by 4x401; April 09, 2017 at 22:06.
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2017, 16:12   #346
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2690
Nice to have a couple of new members contributing their knowledge to our board...

...oh wait, every single one of their posts to this point have been exclusively in this thread.

If Johnny says he will get back up to speed, he will, based on past experience.
Old April 10, 2017, 18:21   #347
Bob888
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmore View Post
Nice to have a couple of new members contributing their knowledge to our board...

...oh wait, every single one of their posts to this point have been exclusively in this thread.

If Johnny says he will get back up to speed, he will, based on past experience.
I must be one of those mentioned contributing my knowledge to the board along with a few other new members. And it is a good thing we are, because apparently we belong to the scattered few that actually realize we were and currently are being ripped off by one of your hallowed resellers. With all your knowledge of FAL rifles, it seems that many have difficulty putting the blame where it most deservedly falls. Good lord, this guy has been lying through his teeth to almost everybody for the last 6 months and you choose to chastise a couple of new members for pointing this out?

It's not just the being lied to that bothers me but that he tied up both my money and my chance to purchase other reliable magazines during this 6 month period because I was waiting for HIS magazines which he promised would be here.

And to be honest, I have never had any problems with military magazines, either Israeli or Belgian or whatever - they have always worked for me without a single malfunction that I can remember. They just weren't available at the time, so based on the good reports, I thought I would try Moses mags.

Even if he makes good on his promises to fill overdue orders, how does he make good on 6 months of lies? The old saying "you don't get a second chance to make a first impression" applies here and certainly to us new members. If there has been bad behavior represented here, it certainly hasn't been from the new members.
Old April 10, 2017, 19:32   #348
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
I must be one of those mentioned contributing my knowledge to the board along with a few other new members. And it is a good thing we are, because apparently we belong to the scattered few that actually realize we were and currently are being ripped off by one of your hallowed resellers. With all your knowledge of FAL rifles, it seems that many have difficulty putting the blame where it most deservedly falls. Good lord, this guy has been lying through his teeth to almost everybody for the last 6 months and you choose to chastise a couple of new members for pointing this out?

It's not just the being lied to that bothers me but that he tied up both my money and my chance to purchase other reliable magazines during this 6 month period because I was waiting for HIS magazines which he promised would be here.

And to be honest, I have never had any problems with military magazines, either Israeli or Belgian or whatever - they have always worked for me without a single malfunction that I can remember. They just weren't available at the time, so based on the good reports, I thought I would try Moses mags.

Even if he makes good on his promises to fill overdue orders, how does he make good on 6 months of lies? The old saying "you don't get a second chance to make a first impression" applies here and certainly to us new members. If there has been bad behavior represented here, it certainly hasn't been from the new members.
About sums it up...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2017, 19:38   #349
He11RZR
Registered

Quote:

Well said.
Old April 11, 2017, 01:19   #350
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

*If* I were Johnny, and *if* I were shipping mags to California, I would probably put them in a flat rate box and send them USPS. *If* that happened starting on the date after his post 4/6/2017, I'm guessing that they wouldn't be there yet - but they're probably getting close.

As I said earlier, I'm guessing someone will post up here if/when they get their mags. I'm rooting for Johnny; I hope he comes through soon.