The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Old January 13, 2019, 04:00   #51
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Hey!! That's great. As you can probably see from the photos, I'm missing a carry handle. Other than that, I'm gonna shoot it. It's a great rifle.

Thanks again for hooking me up!!
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2019, 05:07   #52
Tat2
Registered

FALaholic #: 52329
Looks awesome! Great story....congrats bro!!

T
Tat2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2019, 08:46   #53
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Most excellent!
Old January 13, 2019, 11:26   #54
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Finally!

Great stuff guys and looks to be an excellent shooter.

Enjoy.
Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2019, 16:01   #55
Ct241
Registered

FALaholic #: 81580
Looks awesome!

Shameless plug to see if you know the proof date from the barrel or more likely the original barrel stub? I would assume this would be a 1965 or 1966 rifle based on my list of serial numbers gathered and interpolating across the gap years:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433980
Ct241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2019, 19:07   #56
otis61
Registered

FALaholic #: 26667
What the???? That’s awesome!!!
Old January 15, 2019, 19:11   #57
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ct241 View Post
Looks awesome!

Shameless plug to see if you know the proof date from the barrel or more likely the original barrel stub? I would assume this would be a 1965 or 1966 rifle based on my list of serial numbers gathered and interpolating across the gap years:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433980
I don't know where the barrel stub is. I may be able to find a date code somewhere...
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old January 15, 2019, 19:11   #58
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis61 View Post
What the???? That’s awesome!!!
Right? Pretty dang cool.

And it shoots!
Old January 15, 2019, 20:01   #59
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Noice.
Old January 15, 2019, 23:15   #60
1911Ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17513
Woot! Congrats!
Old January 15, 2019, 23:33   #61
TraFALgar
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
I think this will make Gary's list of 2 MOA rifles, but it didn't do it today:
Oh I see your problem. You're using the "wrong" kind of magazine and you need to feed it good Austrian ammo.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0558.jpg (245.8 KB, 28 views)
TraFALgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:17   #62
Autocrosser1978
Registered

FALaholic #: 81918
Awesome reunion story

I’m a new poster to the files but have been lurking on what I could see for years. I’m glad to finally be posting. Great story and lovely pictures.
Autocrosser1978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:49   #63
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraFALgar View Post
Oh I see your problem. You're using the "wrong" kind of magazine and you need to feed it good Austrian ammo.

Ha!

Yeah, TraFALgar, I've got lots of Austrian mags. I haven't noticed magazines as part of the accuracy question on FALs.

I do wish I had a bunch of that Patronen sitting around in my shop. As it is, I shoot handloads when I'm testing for accuracy. Gotta pretty good recipe for my StG-58s.

I haven't tested that recipe in the various HBs that I have: 50.42 (unfired), Argentine, and Izzy. I should finally get those big boys out and see what happens.