The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Daewoo Files

Notices

Old January 23, 2017, 17:54   #1
bigsky
Registered

FALaholic #: 76617
daewoo--or just WOO

hey, I just found out about these daewoo rifles, theyre pretty cool, plus the accuracy of an ar with a built and designed for piston system.
I was browsing the files today and somehow I stumbled on a short thread , cant remember what the thread was about but a member showed a real cool pic of his woo with a magpul 6 pos stock, cant find that link any more, anyone know the thread I am talking about..maybe a link to it.....
Anyway looks like I may have to get one of these, maybe it can slow me down from cramming my closets with ARs.
I dont know anything about them but would love to have one with collapsible and or folding stock..
When doing a search on line, seems pretty tough to find other then the ones with the thumbhole stock,,,,,are these easy to change over to coll. or folding stocks??
Do they make a 16-18" piston version?
What info should I be aware of while looking for one of these, any help in teaching me about these things would be much appreciated,,plus lets see some pics...any of you gents or ladies have one for sale???
bigsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2017, 18:41   #2
mack1611
Registered

FALaholic #: 76084
I may have an extra MaxII (k2) with the original box.
mack1611 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2017, 18:45   #3
pre1989
Registered

FALaholic #: 76523
They only really imported 3 models ( they made more for Korean but only there ) all have been banned from import ....The two pre ban models one have a wire folding stock the other a side folding plastic stock ..On them only the flash hider mags and bayo lug would work with the AR (maybe a spring here and there but none of the major parts ) the post ban model had a thumbhole stock

I am guessing what you saw a couple of companies makes AR stock modes for the Woo rifles so you can use a normal AR stock on them ..I know MAC has a video on the Woo and his gun is a post ban with a repor grip and AR stock on it

They did make a post model in 7.62x39 but they were major issues with bolt breaking or the such
pre1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2017, 18:48   #4
pre1989
Registered

FALaholic #: 76523

Here is the add for the org two imported models pre 1989

http://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/...ewoo_dr200.jpg
post ban

http://jakesgunreviews.weebly.com/daewoo-k2.html

good write up on it

Storms works and others make AR stock conversion for the post ban T stock models and sight mounts

Firg high 1k -2k for pre ban more if org in box etc ..1k and under for post ban unless proper conversion

But the guns are not that commen here

You can also find the triple action 9mm pistol they import here and Lionheart imports a pistol now also
pre1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2017, 19:13   #5
vandal968
Registered

FALaholic #: 23530
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre1989 View Post
On them only the flash hider mags and bayo lug would work with the AR (maybe a spring here and there but none of the major parts ) the post ban model had a thumbhole stock
Also, the trigger group can be swapped for AR parts which is fortunate since all the factory Woo triggers that I've tried are shite.

cheers,
c
vandal968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2017, 19:30   #6
bigsky
Registered

pm sent to mack,,,,,,,pre1989, thanks for the great link to jakesgunreviews..
Old January 23, 2017, 19:59   #7
celtickevin
Registered

FALaholic #: 78589
Dude daewoos are bad ass guns and an interesting alternative for 5.56 ar15's with the combo of both AK's and ar15s. Biggest drawback is the stupid butthole stock but that's an easy fix with a stock adapter from this link

http://stormwerkz.com/stock-adapters/sa-dwdr-01/

On ginbroker they can be had for around 8-900$ but at my local gun shop they had no idea what it was and priced it at such for around $650 what a steal !

Now if you can get an early import with a folding stock called a daewoo K2 your winning!

Hope everyone finds the link helpful stormwerkz makes interesting pieces of equipment, for all kinds of weapons systems including one of my favorite the AR180b (another great alternative to a ar15)

Last edited by celtickevin; January 23, 2017 at 20:11.
celtickevin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2017, 21:51   #8
bigsky
Registered

stormwerks, great site,,he sells some interesting parts, i bookmarked that site for sure..looks like i am on the hunt.
Old January 23, 2017, 22:03   #9
WJ-Polish Guy
Polak 210
Contributor

FALaholic #: 137
They overheat and catch on fire, apparently battery problem...

Czapayev
WJ-Polish Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2017, 14:44   #10
ratas calientes
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1841
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal968 View Post
Also, the trigger group can be swapped for AR parts which is fortunate since all the factory Woo triggers that I've tried are shite.

cheers,
c
I understand that when one does this, they need to replace all of the parts in the trigger group. Do you concur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ-Polish Guy View Post
They overheat and catch on fire, apparently battery problem...
What catches fire?
Old January 24, 2017, 14:52   #11
WJ-Polish Guy
Polak 210
Contributor

FALaholic #: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratas calientes View Post

What catches fire?
Korean stuff, hate to explain jokes...

Czapayev
WJ-Polish Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2017, 22:50   #12
raexcct2
Gimp Ex-CCT
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2784
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal968 View Post

cheers,
c
My DR200's trigger is awesome. I don't find the need to upgrade but may have to to comply with 922(r) and get rid of this thumbhole stock.
raexcct2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2017, 20:01   #13
vandal968
Registered

FALaholic #: 23530
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratas calientes View Post
I understand that when one does this, they need to replace all of the parts in the trigger group. Do you concur?
Generally, you can just swap hammer/trigger for AR-15 parts, but you want to re-use the Daewoo pins because they're 0.100" longer than the AR equivalents. If they get lost, or whatever, the AR pins would still work but they'd be slightly recessed since they're shorter. The selector on the AR normally has a center section that is slightly thinner than it is where it passes through the walls of the receiver. Daewoo selectors are not thinned in the middle, when swapping the trigger parts, this may or may not present a problem. I had one where it was tight and I had to remove some material, I've had others where it's fine. If yours needs adjustment, it's a few minutes with a lathe or file, or just replace the selector with a better aftermarket one (Daewoo specific) that doesn't require the stupid 180deg travel of the factory selector, which is the Daewoo's biggest flaw IMHO.

HTH,
c
vandal968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2017, 17:29   #14
ratas calientes
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1841
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ-Polish Guy View Post
Korean stuff, hate to explain jokes...
Sometimes I just need a little help. Thanks.
Old January 28, 2017, 12:46   #15
BiGB808
Registered

FALaholic #: 18195
My k2 got swapped out into an ar15 trigger pack with no issues.
Old January 28, 2017, 20:57   #16
nopec
Registered

FALaholic #: 72693
Wish I'd have kept mine. Sold it because I didn't want limited to 55 grain bullets. Dumb.
nopec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 03, 2017, 12:03   #17
TurnkeyNomo
Registered

FALaholic #: 66409
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopec View Post
Wish I'd have kept mine. Sold it because I didn't want limited to 55 grain bullets. Dumb.
Yeah, I have a 1:7 BCM AR and a 1:8 Rock river AR since I just absolutely needed to be able to shoot only the bestest super projectiles. I don't think I've ever used any ammo besides 55 grain Perfecta, PMC, and Federal in thousands of rounds.
TurnkeyNomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 09, 2017, 15:28   #18
M62/M76
Registered

FALaholic #: 19538
My K2 is Cool!
M62/M76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2017, 04:35   #19
hueyville
Registered

FALaholic #: 74557
Had a friend tell me a few months ago was going to sell all his Woo's. Thought about buying one or all but last thing I need is another gun family to collect and support. Will see if he still has as all were prebans, perfect and ran great. His subdivision is a 5 to 7 acre estate lot gated community and has put together three lots. Their covenants say only occasional shooting unless use a suppressor so know all his run with a can. Only subdivision ever heard about with pro suppressor rule in HOA/POA rules. Guy up road from him and another near gate are both retired multi tour mideast troops and a bit loopy but between him and them no riff raff wants to pass through their gate. It's a community of survival minded people with poured concrete geodesic design homes being popular. Odd place but would be cool area to live if could stand the commutel
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2017, 11:37   #20
bigsky
Registered

hueyville, sounds like an awesome subdivision, must be down south..I am looking for a woo, when you get a chance check with him if he has one for sale, k2 and or dr200, lmk i have plans for either. thanks.