Notices

Old May 12, 2018, 19:42   #51
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltblown View Post
I can’t cut and stuff. I don’t mind living near coonasses. I think I want on the MS side of the line. The LA folks have zero idea of cornbread
Had me some cornbread and buttermilk for lunch today!!!!!!

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2018, 20:46   #52
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post

Living by the sea coast, or by the border of another country, has several positives going for it, if or when times get tough.
I love living close to the ocean, it's 60 deg right now, the windows are open and I can hear the surf.

I have no desire to be a martyr like Finicum, or lose family like Weaver. I like where I am in life (the aches and pains just remind me I am still alive). My fear is for the next couple generations, my son, my daughter, my grandkids (just found out yesterday that my daughter has another on the way). I want so much to watch them grow, help teach them, help mould them into decent citizens. I don't fear death...but I sure don't wish to expedite it unnecessarily.

35 years ago some friends and I sat around discussing this sort of thing and saw it coming, our families and other friends said we were crazy....many have changed their tune....and we have gotten old, tired and a couple of us have passed.

Shit is starting to feel pretty real these days. On the plus side, I have 7 quarts of very nice chicken stock in the canner and another 10 gallons cooking on the stove as I type this.

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2018, 21:15   #53
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
North Georgia is nice and we have super liberal gun laws. Run what ya brung, open carry without CCW, with CCW carry anywhere not a manned guard line, loaded rifles in frucks, etc. We have snow in the winfer, cool breeze in the summer and ATL is 90 to 120 minutes away if need big city stuff.

Or there is this:
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but an irate tireless minority , keen on setting brush fires of of freedom" Sam Adams

The Institute of Public Service a private SWAT school was located locally for 15 years. They hosted the annual National SWAT Championship for every year over a decade running. Always ran short on vertical safety officers and Range Officers. They discovered through head of local SWAT team I was NCRC Level 1 Cave Rescue certified (international recognition), American Mountain Guides Association certified, IPSC Range Officer and NRA R.O. along with EMT certified and Wilderness First Responder, none of the avalanche and similar snow and mountain stuff mattered so used me as a Range Officer on vertical courses.

One night was invited out for dinner and beers with a large group of team leaders and at one point mentioned if the SWAT team from Rocky Flats were there all would be fighting for a distant second. One of the team leaders took offense at that and asked how would I know and said knew the team. Most were climbers and ex operators. Slick high spped, low drag group. Later same pr!ck was bragging about some per his group took out some silly perp. Told him he might not want to operate down south and if ever got call for my house to do a no knock his best move would be to call and tell me were on the way so I could brew a pot of coffee, get woke up and open door for them. Come through door middle of night with no warning and my house would be a nightmare.

He took even more offense when local SWAT guy said that would be his plan as would save a lot of life considering what had happened a few months before. County or two over cop pulled a guy for DUI and witness said all was going fine till he got overly aggressive with perp who took his gun and shot him for his trouble, got back in his truck and drove home. Of course they sent local SWAT team whosee negotiator could not get him to come out so decided to go in. As they manuvered to make entry as first guy put foot on his porch he opened up with his extended capacity shotgun loaded with #4 buck and turkey choke. Shot all that were close and coming in through knee caps with load after load of #4 buck leaving most of team laying from porch to fence laYing in yard screaming for help. They called a Metro SWAT team to come rescue them who smartly set his house in fire then shot him as exited then let paramedics do their job.

One reason my house is masonry with metal roof and all windows have security storm windows with ballistic polycarbonate liners plus automatic fire suppression systems. Learned that watching Waco compound burn. Force rated ballistic doors but reinforced hides where easy to direct fire out but not back in. Have had cancer three times, back is a jigsaw puzzle, am hitting age don't care anymore. If we're in situation like left coast would go ahead and move wife to assisted living facility like doctors have suggested, then spend rest of my life hardening the house more while loading magazines. Have seven rifles with binary triggers and plenty of ammo that busts level 4 plates. The AR 10 just put binary trigger in along with 50 round drum and suppressor is an ugly mag dump with M80A1. The other that put night vision on now has binary trigger and suppressor.

Leave me alone and will go to work every day I can, pay taxes, obey speed limits, be a model citizen and cops best friend. Let a bunch of freaks try to legislate my right to keep the toys been collecting since a teen then send a team to collect them better send the mobile hospital with them. I will play nice as long as rules are fair and dont change. If goes bad will armor up in a entry team kit, stage weapons and traps from fence line to panic room and best thing can be done is task a drone strike on my house as will not go without a fight. Believe 25 years of home field advantage with regular improvements will make house a tough nut to crack. Wife loves the mirrored bronze tint ballistic polycarbonate added to highest profile windows. It's 1/2" thickness and stops all handgun NIJ Level 3a threats. Some windows have dual pieces but found a surplus vendor selling 1.25"×30"×40" pieces of bronze rated UL 762 Level 5. All the windows with 1/2 is in indoor frames, the 1.25" is going outside and wife likes the new styear of indoor sliding shutters which are being installed now. I never anticipate an issue with government but prepped for collapse of governments ability to control.

Here in Mayberry serious crime is up 63% over past years and been five murders within five miles of house in past week. Had a roadside sniper attack week before last with guy shooting up seven cars on road I travel most days just five to fifteen minutes after I went through the intersection where it went down. Believe we are heading to a collapse and will have an internal civil war between liberals with help of dot gov and conservatives who are ready to protect rights. One guy two miles north of me has pair of Colt 45/70 Gatlin Guns.

Am surrounded by men with military background, lots of high dollar weapons along with will and means to deploy them. I don't think local cops would even follow confiscation orders or would Reserve or National Guard. Believe most would go rogue, would have to bring UN Blue Helmets to Mayberry and blue really stands out. This idea is the premise of the Second Amendment, to protect us from government tyrants. Any of you left coast folk welcome to come hold out long as can in the Bible belt then we can figure out why Jesus told all his disciples before Good Friday to sell their cloaks and buy swords.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2018, 21:33   #54
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
I love living close to the ocean, it's 60 deg right now, the windows are open and I can hear the surf.

I have no desire to be a martyr like Finicum, or lose family like Weaver. I like where I am in life (the aches and pains just remind me I am still alive). My fear is for the next couple generations, my son, my daughter, my grandkids (just found out yesterday that my daughter has another on the way). I want so much to watch them grow, help teach them, help mould them into decent citizens. I don't fear death...but I sure don't wish to expedite it unnecessarily.

35 years ago some friends and I sat around discussing this sort of thing and saw it coming, our families and other friends said we were crazy....many have changed their tune....and we have gotten old, tired and a couple of us have passed.

Shit is starting to feel pretty real these days. On the plus side, I have 7 quarts of very nice chicken stock in the canner and another 10 gallons cooking on the stove as I type this.
It does feel, as if time is finally running out for just living a normal quiet life, as in, seems certain folks are dead set to make sure that don;t happen.

Those folks you mentioned were on the defensive.

Me, Braves are finally winning again, 1s place, mama looks good, life is good.

But folks still need to ponder, what will this country look like, be like, if these people get their way and manage to disarm folks, as in, what will they do next, once they win on this???

Being disarmed does not concern me that much, finding a firearm is pretty easy to do given proper motivation, its what these people plan to do with us after they get the guns, now that worries me.

Old May 12, 2018, 22:32   #55
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Well, I have to clean my assault rifel, then I will go see 7-11 girl. She will tell me to fvck off, but I'm going anyway to get a slurpee and l00k at her buTT.
Old May 12, 2018, 23:25   #56
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
Well, I have to clean my assault rifel, then I will go see 7-11 girl. She will tell me to fvck off, but I'm going anyway to get a slurpee and l00k at her buTT.
7-11 GuRll is teh HoTTie.

OfFer to BuY heRR a FisH Sandwich.

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2018, 23:32   #57
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
I tend to agree with what you’re saying. Problem is they will take everything. That’s there MO. You have nothing left after they steal everything. BJ needs to cut his losses or comply and buy Aussie style rifles and Dirty Harry wheel guns Why make a stand when you can move to a free state for now? People create their barriers. Hell I would love a 1000 sq ft house with stilts a mile off the shoreline on 10 acres between Biloxi and NOLA.
Only a fool would believe that the left will stop at just semi autos. Next all handguns will be confiscated because those are the real killers in the minds of the left. It won't matter what guns you have because they will come after them all.
Old May 12, 2018, 23:40   #58
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:

Most guys will never see how beautiful Oregon is. They whine it rains too much here but rain cleans away alot of spoil and makes things grow. One of the best times of my life was on the coast at Winchester bay doing a contract at Gardner on a mill.

I get concerned some of the folks here think there is soap in that rain and it scares them.

Edited to add, rain cleans things. Every live thing around you craps and in your dry climate that crap drys up and blows in the wind. Think Iraq and how many generations shit in the sand only to have to breath it latter. You gents in Arizona, when the wind blows the sand which mexicans shit are you breathing? I will take rain any day.

Last edited by Bawana jim; May 12, 2018 at 23:51.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 00:27   #59
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Most guys will never see how beautiful Oregon is. They whine it rains too much here but rain cleans away alot of spoil and makes things grow. One of the best times of my life was on the coast at Winchester bay doing a contract at Gardner on a mill.

I get concerned some of the folks here think there is soap in that rain and it scares them.

Edited to add, rain cleans things. Every live thing around you craps and in your dry climate that crap drys up and blows in the wind. Think Iraq and how many generations shit in the sand only to have to breath it latter. You gents in Arizona, when the wind blows the sand which mexicans shit are you breathing? I will take rain any day.
Jim... I think at least half of Oregon is desert, maybe a bit more than that.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 00:32   #60
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
7-11 GuRll is teh HoTTie.

OfFer to BuY heRR a FisH Sandwich.

Dirtbag.... you almost had me blowing Grouse out of my nose.

"Freedom is not a crime"

Old May 13, 2018, 00:36   #61
Bawana jim
Registered

Looking at hoses on line sure works good. I am seeing far more homes for sale on line than when I drove over there. I do like it that the air is thinner with less humidity in Idaho. One thing I noticed on the websites is they tell you the floods and natural disasters the area has had. Number of men and women and the average house price in the area.

I figure if 43 goes through, it may not but I have confidence in the stupidity of the democrats here, if I have a house in Idaho I can rent it out for an income if 43 doesn't get passed. Buying now seems like jumping the gun but it will pay off big time should it does pass. Staying I will lose a lot of money and maybe everything if they charge a felony for having magazines.
Old May 13, 2018, 00:38   #62
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v71 View Post
Jim... I think at least half of Oregon is desert, maybe a bit more than that.
Yep it is, high mountain desert with a cleaning snow every year. It's a desert not from the lack of rain but the altitude. Beautiful place.
Old May 13, 2018, 00:49   #63
Bawana jim
Registered

Look at this, raising property taxes to pay government pensions. Just confirms I should move before the libs here run the taxes up. We have measure 5 to protect us but libs can call an emergency and do what they want.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ension-problem
Old May 13, 2018, 00:56   #64
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Yep it is, high mountain desert with a cleaning snow every year. It's a desert not from the lack of rain but the altitude. Beautiful place.
Yes, my kind of country. Funny story, I had a friend from the Portland area that rode with me once when I drove longhaul truck... We left Central Washington and headed south on 97, He woke up just north of Madras and said "are we still in Washington?" He almost refused to believe that Oregon had a desert.

"Freedom is not a crime"

Old May 13, 2018, 00:57   #65
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post

A man with his priorities properly in line with reality, a damn solid plan, and the ability to carry off said plan!

With secondary goals well with in his reach.

Old May 13, 2018, 06:39   #66
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

We are on a down hill slope nationwide. Texas like most states is gerrymandered all to hell to favor the incumbents currently conservative leaning rethuglicans. There is currently being decided by the SCOTUS a test for gerrymandering.

If Texas, packed with Dumbocrats, gets redistricted it will turn blue and we will never have a conservative president or house again. Nationwide confiscation will happen it will just be a matter of when.

Name the gun control laws that have been repealed. We are lucky the AWB had a sunset. We wont get lucky again.

My only solace is that Sen Fienstein, Schumer, Durbin, and Rep Pelosi will probably have passed away by the time confiscation begins.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 11:31   #67
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Yes, my kind of country. Funny story, I had a friend from the Portland area that rode with me once when I drove longhaul truck... We left Central Washington and headed south on 97, He woke up just north of Madras and said "are we still in Washington?" He almost refused to believe that Oregon had a desert.
One of the folks here lives on the dry side of the state and you read his giddy replies often. You can tell the thin air on that side keeps him sharp by his wit. You never read an unhappy reply because that side gets lots of sun and natural vitamin D. Plus the dryer weather let's him shoot more so he has plenty to smile about.
Old May 13, 2018, 12:53   #68
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
That’s mighty big talk from a one eyed fat man. All that true grit shit will get you killed like Lavoy, and the outrage from the public dies off in a couple of weeks. That’s how the game is played with the gub. Saw it twice in Waco.
I have hand on ignore for just such a reason. To counsel others to turn to violence when he has nothing personally at stake seems to be his standard reply. I think of the traitors around Lavoy, the spies council in violence and realize why decision should always come from inside not outside. That one eyed fat man would have been there to fight with you, not telling you from thousands of miles away what should be done

Lavoy made bad decisions but had council that failed him. If folks here turned violent it would just be a show for everyone else and they would treat it like they watch the game and then say how stupid we were to fight.

Opinions on what to do I accept from others that live here and have their lives at stake in the game. While some of you guys are well meaning and voice an opinion from the heart unless you will put your families at stake then don't council violence. The choices comming are real for us and not your game on tv.
Old May 13, 2018, 13:32   #69
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Reality is a real bitch at times for some folks.

Old May 13, 2018, 13:35   #70
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

Quote:
One of the folks here lives on the dry side of the state and you read his giddy replies often. You can tell the thin air on that side keeps him sharp by his wit. You never read an unhappy reply because that side gets lots of sun and natural vitamin D. Plus the dryer weather let's him shoot more so he has plenty to smile about.
I think I know that guy... Fairly well.

"Freedom is not a crime"

Old May 13, 2018, 16:23   #71
Bawana jim
Registered

It's obvious at my age I will have to use a mover if I take everything with me. Kinda struggle with maybe renting a truck and taking what I need and selling the rest. Any of you guys move out of state before? Anything you wish you had done different? I could buy a big trailer to pull behind the diesel dodge for what a mover cost think.
Old May 14, 2018, 12:41   #72
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
That's why the wall goes to the Cali border from the Gulf, then makes an abrupt turn north to Canada. If they have it so good we can let the left(ist) koast prove the rest of us wrong with their "success." It's a bet I'm willing to take, and I have family out there that's fully indoctrinated .
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 12:54   #73
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:
It's obvious at my age I will have to use a mover if I take everything with me. Kinda struggle with maybe renting a truck and taking what I need and selling the rest. Any of you guys move out of state before? Anything you wish you had done different? I could buy a big trailer to pull behind the diesel dodge for what a mover cost think.
Moved several times in fact the past 20 years moved at least a dozen times with 5 moves being out of state. But hoping to settle down for awhile. It's not too bad. I'm not going to hump furniture and crap into a van. Get something with a lift gate for large items. I go to Craigslist for local. If you're not going too far, they can take it directly. Most of the big name moving companies aren't going to take guns and ammo. $2-3K should get you where you want to move easily. Make sure you get enough truck and at least 3 guys.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 15:13   #74
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Moved several times in fact the past 20 years moved at least a dozen times with 5 moves being out of state. But hoping to settle down for awhile. It's not too bad. I'm not going to hump furniture and crap into a van. Get something with a lift gate for large items. I go to Craigslist for local. If you're not going too far, they can take it directly. Most of the big name moving companies aren't going to take guns and ammo. $2-3K should get you where you want to move easily. Make sure you get enough truck and at least 3 guys.
Thanks. There sure is a lot to throw away by moving after living here 66 years. Tired as hell trying to get house ready to sell. I have a nice place but it's small and only one bathroom. Never had a big family so it fit me, wife and daughter well. Daughter is 36, wife is gone and it's a big house for one to keep up.

Looking at smaller houses in Idaho, my realtor over there is a nice woman but I think she is lazy. I find stuff on the net she doesn't mention that is in the price range and area I want. I may make another week long trip and look at houses for sale by owner. From one side I am really pissed about moving but the adventure side of me hasn't been challenged since the wife died. Once she passed I really didn't care about getting out as much.

66 years.
Old May 14, 2018, 15:49   #75
NFADLR
Banned

FALaholic #: 7480
Bought a 53 ft semi trailer with 7KLb lift gate and have been loading it bit by bit have a 48ft with same type lift gate for the house.

Last time I moved was 20 years ago...

Don't know when this land will sell but I'll be ready when it does.
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 20:29   #76
Bawana jim
Registered

Just thinking what it will cost the state of Oregon when I move. Today I told the dentist that if 43 goes through he won't have my business and I intend to tell every business I use the same thing. Going to tell the credit union I am getting ready to move my money to Idaho which means they can't loan it out ten times at 6%. Going to get tires for the 4 runner and tell them I won't be back if 43 goes through.

Yep I am going to tell potential voters it's going to hurt them as people move out.
Old May 16, 2018, 13:20   #77
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Dirtbag.... you almost had me blowing Grouse out of my nose.
Were you out of Courvoisier ?

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 23:16   #78
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
Were you out of Courvoisier ?

No... out of root beer to mix with Crown.

"Freedom is not a crime"

Old May 17, 2018, 23:29   #79
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
No... out of root beer to mix with Crown.
Yuk, gag me with a maggot.
Old May 18, 2018, 16:36   #80
longhair51
Constitutional curmudgeon
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5884
Quote:

I can't begin to tell you how much I empathise with your feelings. I then got to thinking about how the men that founded our country felt when they were at Lexington and Concord, or voting to adopt the Declaration of Independence. Did they think about their actions putting their families and fortunes in jeopardy, or was the greater good of the country foremost in their minds? I think the history of our country answers that question, and it leaves me somewhat ashamed.

”if the federal government treats the American public with this degree of contempt when we’re armed to the teeth, imagine how they would treat us if they had all our guns."
longhair51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2018, 17:49   #81
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair51 View Post
I can't begin to tell you how much I empathise with your feelings. I then got to thinking about how the men that founded our country felt when they were at Lexington and Concord, or voting to adopt the Declaration of Independence. Did they think about their actions putting their families and fortunes in jeopardy, or was the greater good of the country foremost in their minds? I think the history of our country answers that question, and it leaves me somewhat ashamed.
I have no shame picking my own ground, Custer was a fool to fight from a surrounded position. Fight to win if you have to fight and waiting for a knock on the door is for fools with a death wish. Men were different in the days of the Founders, they would tar and feather a man wearing a pussy hat and they would do it together.

What I think most should understand that the change in society that makes you choose on your own without help is a meant to be moment. It's a point where your gut is tested, your mettle, your thinking, your courage when you don't have others to lean on. This will be the real test when you are on your own.

Any shame should come from not working hard enough to keep this from happening but sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you fight because it's bad ground to fight on and odds you can't beat, ala Custer.
Old May 18, 2018, 23:59   #82
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205
if you ain't cheating you ain't trying all's fair in war

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Has freedom been replaced with Free-Dumb.

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2018, 18:03   #83
Bawana jim
Registered

I have done decided that if I do move I will move to somewhere of hermit status.

Anyway it looks like the vote is going to be delayed by court challenges and it will be introduced next year on another ballot if the leftist get their way.