The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 27, 2018, 12:26   #1
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Dutch FAL sniper Porn, Hardcore...

Hi folks, ready for some hardcore FAL porn

If you don't get a hard one on these, find an other hobby





















Note that all boxes are different, outside or inside. Weird since the Dutch Army ordered only a handfull of the KRR62 scope











No FAL's were abused or harmed during this photoshoot
Paco
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2018, 13:16   #2
Parga
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 70964
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Marina/USA
Posts: 278
I have to travel to Belgium before I leave this earth
Parga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2018, 13:26   #3
medicmike
Registered
Contributor
 
medicmike's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 3183
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Florence, OR
Posts: 5,837
__________________
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker at Lexington Green

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2018, 13:51   #4
bolt56
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 80549
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Cottage Grove, TN
Posts: 24
Sniper porn

Sir, very impressive, thanks for sharing! Bolt56
bolt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2018, 14:01   #5
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473


15 Rd mag, AI scope but the FN FAL Para is not Dutch! They never had a para M3.


In fact this para FAL was produced to sell to the USA but never made it sofar. Very likely 1986 gunban era
Not the short bipodfeets















All 100% Dutch Army's

Just a side note. The Dutch Army borrowed some 35 original Dutch FN and AI FAL's to the Dutch collectors association. (Also some .30 Browning MGs, FN MAG, M1 carbines and Rifles, Uzi, pistols...) The association was allowed to spread them among there members.
Due to some serious internal problems, The army wants there weapons back. So, all collectors had to turn in the toy's.
The owners were not allowed to sell any of these goodies.

The army are now at least missing some 6 Dutch FAL's

This illustrates how hard these Dutch FAL's are to find or will be to own.

Just for the record, i bought mine legaly and the Dutch government signed the exportlicenses back in the days. I was not aware on the "borrow" deal.
Anyway, they are not going back to be destroyed as the other few that were turned in.

Any 100% original NL FAL is now worth gold.

Paco
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2018, 14:17   #6
embatp
What? Me AR?
Silver Contributor
 
embatp's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 39856
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Behind enemy lines...
Posts: 4,250
I have a KRR and mount but no box or tools....and an ELTRO B8V....
__________________
"only he is lost who gives himself up for lost"
embatp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2018, 14:31   #7
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by embatp View Post
I have a KRR and mount but no box or tools....and an ELTRO B8V....
I might have a spare box...
Need to check
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2018, 16:31   #8
SteelGreyML
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 68116
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Coos Bay/North Bend
Posts: 1,269
Nice pics. Thanks. Do you how did the Dutch picked which FALs to use or how accurate was good enough?
SteelGreyML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2018, 16:50   #9
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 34604
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SA Tx
Posts: 13,099
Pretty much humbling when I look at those versus mine
__________________
Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2018, 21:09   #10
gunshooter
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 77038
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: A Happy Place In My Mind!
Posts: 380
Thankyou Very much for preserving and sharing your fine examples!!

I enjoy seeing original examples of these rifles!

These originals give me ideas for my builds and kits.

Bipods and scopes are so COOL!

I wish a crap ton of those stamped steel scope mounts would turn up surplus!

To you and your collection!

gunshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2018, 23:06   #11
ghurka
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 10033
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 20
Did FN ever make a sniper stock?

When I started running an scope on my FAL, the standard stock was not well suited for proper eye alignment and check weld. I finally installed a MAGPUL PRS and it works very well with a scope.
In all the scope mounted FAL’s in the photos, the standard stock is installed. Why no FN sniper stock with a comb more appropriate for use with an optic?
ghurka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2018, 06:08   #12
bigfarebob
Member
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 52686
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 148
Impressive! Thanks.
bigfarebob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2018, 06:53   #13
TenTea
Registered
Contributor
 
TenTea's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 72247
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisco
Posts: 4,341
Great pics paco, thanks for posting!

I don't really care for hooded front sights when shooting irons, but those affixed to your rifles certainly look cool.

What is the story on those as compared to open ear (inch) and closed ear (metric) front sights that are commonly seen here?

Standard feature on Dutch rifles?
__________________
Wears a backpack.
Rounder upper at MidwayUSA.
Favorite color: ham
Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2018, 06:57   #14
Capt D
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
Capt D's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 76457
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Cajun Country
Posts: 2,113
I've got one of those Dutch scope mounts, unopened NOS, available for sale in the MP for a while now...
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4548311

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshooter View Post
I wish a crap ton of those stamped steel scope mounts would turn up surplus!
__________________
COBC #66
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Capt D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2018, 14:14   #15
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
Great pics paco, thanks for posting!

I don't really care for hooded front sights when shooting irons, but those affixed to your rifles certainly look cool.

What is the story on those as compared to open ear (inch) and closed ear (metric) front sights that are commonly seen here?

Standard feature on Dutch rifles?
The Dutch army ordered many non standard items and details on there FAL.
It is an odd rifle. Yes, all (except the FALO) have hooded sights.
The rear peep sight is fixed and the peephole is for some strange reason very small. Nice in daylight, sucks in low light conditions.


paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2018, 14:29   #16
TenTea
Registered
Contributor
 
TenTea's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 72247
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisco
Posts: 4,341
^^^ paco, I appreciate the detailed explanation, thanks much!
__________________
Wears a backpack.
Rounder upper at MidwayUSA.
Favorite color: ham
Wife's favorite color: glitter
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2018, 15:31   #17
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
^^^ paco, I appreciate the detailed explanation, thanks much!
No problem,
They even asked FN for a custom front sight tool, Even this tool is over the top spitshining finish
The hood is reveted on the gasblock





paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2018, 19:42   #18
01BIRDDOG
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 54639
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southwest Virginia---Abingdon, Virginia
Posts: 1,888
A thank you for this wonderful post is a small gesture for the wealth of pleasure we get from viewing.
01BIRDDOG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2018, 19:50   #19
Bubacus
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13971
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,086
Amazing collection. Thanks for sharing Paco.
__________________
Bubacus
Bubacus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2018, 20:29   #20
pistolero1911
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 75616
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 600
Incredible group you have there Paco, just incredible.

Is that folding butt FN a Howco US import?

How did the Dutch get hold of one of our toys?
__________________
Three kinds of men exist: Those who wish they owned a FAL; those who own a FAL but wish it was a Para; and those who own a Para = Nirvana.
pistolero1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 01, 2018, 11:17   #21
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero1911 View Post
Incredible group you have there Paco, just incredible.

Is that folding butt FN a Howco US import?

How did the Dutch get hold of one of our toys?

The Para has indeed markings for HOWCO. But it never left Europe due to the gunban. I have seen a few FNC's with those markings.

The Dutch Army may ask to me to give back there FAL's but i will not do it.
I have obtained them legaly. So, they will not go to the shredder.

The same for my Dutch FN MAG58






Way to cool to torch them in 3 pieces
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 01, 2018, 11:29   #22
Henry-Bowman
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 79764
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Cookeville TN
Posts: 84
SHREDDER ?

Sometimes in life, like Neo, one just has to say NO.

Men (humanity) sometimes forgets that Men (specifically more so than Women although Women appear to be learning) will evolve to a state of more control over other Men/Humanity, until, humanity says ENOUGH, and all hell breaks loose again. Our designers of this counrty did a good job, but not great IMHO. There should have been a LOT more restrictions on what gov't can and can't do in the Constitution. Like Term Limits for all elected officials. One term and OUT. The question is for all humanity, WHEN is enough ENOUGH ?
Henry-Bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 01, 2018, 13:24   #23
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 13629
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Not far enough from Philly
Posts: 14,529
FAL PORN !!!!!!!

Nobody does it better than Paco - thank you, sir
__________________
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 02, 2018, 07:21   #24
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
FAL PORN !!!!!!!

Nobody does it better than Paco - thank you, sir
My wife says the same
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 02, 2018, 09:14   #25
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 13629
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Not far enough from Philly
Posts: 14,529
Then you are blessed both in the mancave and in "real" life
__________________
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 07, 2018, 15:24   #26
Scout10
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 80494
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: 44.957329 @ 85.4844498
Posts: 274
you at least ought to put some panties on them !
.
Don't know anything other than . . . . . Wow !
Scout10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 07, 2018, 16:35   #27
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout10 View Post
you at least ought to put some panties on them !
.
Don't know anything other than . . . . . Wow !
Will a bra do the job?
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 08, 2018, 21:24   #28
eternal24k
Registered
 
eternal24k's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 26370
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North
Posts: 327
i am finally on a personal computer and able to open this thread, and it did not disappoint

BRAVO
eternal24k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 09, 2018, 06:08   #29
1769
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 66611
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wells, Vermont, USA
Posts: 1,012
Thanks for posting these up. Beautiful.
1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 13:34   #30
GRA556
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 81066
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
Posts: 266
Thumbs up Very Nice Wood

This wood is amazing. Makes me wish I had one of those router pantographs for shaping stocks and a real good pattern.
GRA556 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 13:45   #31
SPEEDGUNNER
Firearms Connoisseur
Gold Contributor
 
SPEEDGUNNER's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 43933
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Between the Brandywines
Posts: 3,753
SCHWIINNNGGG!!
__________________
"There's a race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will."
- Robert Service
SPEEDGUNNER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 17:41   #32
lew
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
lew's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 16727
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,021
The Dutch FAL really doesn't do much for me, but that MAG.
__________________
Statism: Ideas so great, they're mandatory.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens
lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 19:51   #33
abbynormal
Registered
 
abbynormal's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 18513
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 445
What kind of accuracy is expected in the sniper FAL's?
__________________
"The safest place to be is behind Mississippi when he fires that thing"
abbynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 22:19   #34
GRA556
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 81066
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
Posts: 266
Question Dutch Short Barrels?

Seems that some of the Dutch FAL rifles I saw in the early 80(s) had the shorter barrels. Do you have any photos of such a model?
GRA556 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 14:18   #35
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbynormal View Post
What kind of accuracy is expected in the sniper FAL's?
Let's say, hit a guy at 400m...
No more, no less.

We call it sniper but in reality it is called "scherpschutter", means marksman.

it's like 2 MOA at the best.

paco
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 14:28   #36
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRA556 View Post
Seems that some of the Dutch FAL rifles I saw in the early 80(s) had the shorter barrels. Do you have any photos of such a model?
Hmmm, i got 6 different original Dutch FAL's, i have been douzen times shooting in Holland in competition. Never saw shorties...

The Match rifle's have a "W" on the stocks.










The biggest Dutch Army FAL in the background

It works...






This is the last official FAL round fired in the Dutch Army... I was there ; )


me ; )
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 15:10   #37
GRA556
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 81066
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
Hmmm, i got 6 different original Dutch FAL's, i have been douzen times shooting in Holland in competition. Never saw shorties...

The Match rifle's have a "W" on the stocks.










The biggest Dutch Army FAL in the background

It works...






This is the last official FAL round fired in the Dutch Army... I was there ; )


me ; )
I was only around the Landmacht once or twice at Camp Van Zeist. The FAL rifles I was around the most was on Soesterberg with the Luchtmacht. Did they (Luchtmacht) have shorter barreled weapons (other than Uzi carbines)?
GRA556 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 16:43   #38
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
nope,
Garands? Or the Diemaco later on...
M1 carbines also
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 16:59   #39
GRA556
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 81066
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
nope,
Garands? Or the Diemaco later on...
M1 carbines also
No I never saw the RNLAF with anything other than the FAL at the air base except some of them in POL had the Uzi.

I do remember M1 carbines at Schiphol back in 1982 though.
GRA556 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 19:34   #40
jjjxlr8
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 34903
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 221
I feel light headed....
jjjxlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2018, 16:57   #41
DutchFNFAL
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 73924
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Eindhoven - The Netherlands
Posts: 157
Just a little more info about the Dutch SLA (Schutter Lange Afstand) "Shooter Long Distance" FAL's;

The Dutch Army hand picked and selected the most accurate FN Belgium or AI (Artillerie Inrichtingen / Hembrug) Holland produced FAL's and used those for the "Snipers", better known here as the SLA FAL. These were fitted with the Made in Holland (Artillerie Inrichtingen) KRR AI 62 scopes.
Only 885 pieces of these KRR's were ever produced.

Nobody knows this but:
There are 2 types of unique Dutch rear sights.
They differ in the diameter of the hole and in total height.
One type is marked with II the other one has no markings at all.

The Dutch Army Shooting Team who used the "W" marked, and also hand picked and selected most accurate FAL's, used the Rear Sight marked with a II which intentionally had a little smaller aiming hole in it for more accurate aiming during the matches which always were in daylight...
Furthermore they could use specially produced 15 shot magazines, since 1 target card had to be shot with 15 shots, in total 2 cards = 30 shots.

Furthermore the "W" FAL's were completely "standard" as in "Dutch Contract" with the numerous special differences compared with the rest of the world..

It is not clear yet untill this day if the Duch Army wants their "lended" FAL's back from the Collectors and Shooting Clubs in Holland.
In fact, now it seems that they do NOT want them back anymore and rather leave them where they are to be legally owned by persons with the right licences, which is a very good thing since otherwise they will most certainly be destroyed...

The reason for this is that the lended FAL's are not registered anymore in the Dutch Army Arms Inventory, which is a RFID chip with 2D Barcode attached on each firearm these days.
Also a Dutch Army official has to be present to check if all FAL's are really thrown into the "Hoogovens" metal melting plant's oven..
Of course it would be a real bad thing if any of these NON FULL AUTO Army FAL's came in the wrong hands, since everyone over here thinks the non HB (FALO) FAL's are Full Auto which is BS.......

The time and money it will cost to re-inventorize them and then destroy them accompanied with a Army official has raised some questions if this is in any way smart to do at all (which ofcourse it is not).

So hopefully these unique Dutch FAL's will remain in the good caring hands of Collectors and Legal firearms owners after all

By the way, all lended Garands were confiscated by the Dutch Army years ago to be destroyed which was not even an idea of the Dutch Army, but was intentionally provoked by civillians..


Oh and by the way, the Dutch Army never had any Folding Stock "Para" FAL's or short barreled ones in use ever.


@ Paco, your collection just gets better and better.. 4 pieces of KRR's already.

And the Dutch MAG really is one of a kind in private hands!!

Great pics as ever to inform our overseas FAL addicts

I'm not yet able to share any pic's yet since my Photobucket account does not allow sharing anymore unless I pay big bucks.
Already have an Imgur account, so I might be able to post some pic's again soon.

Greetings from Holland (The Netherlands) and I'm called a Dutchman anyone still gets it? LOL
__________________
* If it ain't Dutch it ain't much ;-) * Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum *

Last edited by DutchFNFAL; May 15, 2018 at 17:27. Reason: more info added
DutchFNFAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2018, 21:46   #42
GRA556
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 81066
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
Posts: 266
Thumbs up DANK UW WEL !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchFNFAL View Post
Just a little more info about the Dutch SLA (Schutter Lange Afstand) "Shooter Long Distance" FAL's;

The Dutch Army hand picked and selected the most accurate FN Belgium or AI (Artillerie Inrichtingen / Hembrug) Holland produced FAL's and used those for the "Snipers", better known here as the SLA FAL. These were fitted with the Made in Holland (Artillerie Inrichtingen) KRR AI 62 scopes.
Only 885 pieces of these KRR's were ever produced.

Nobody knows this but:
There are 2 types of unique Dutch rear sights.
They differ in the diameter of the hole and in total height.
One type is marked with II the other one has no markings at all.

The Dutch Army Shooting Team who used the "W" marked, and also hand picked and selected most accurate FAL's, used the Rear Sight marked with a II which intentionally had a little smaller aiming hole in it for more accurate aiming during the matches which always were in daylight...
Furthermore they could use specially produced 15 shot magazines, since 1 target card had to be shot with 15 shots, in total 2 cards = 30 shots.

Furthermore the "W" FAL's were completely "standard" as in "Dutch Contract" with the numerous special differences compared with the rest of the world..

It is not clear yet untill this day if the Duch Army wants their "lended" FAL's back from the Collectors and Shooting Clubs in Holland.
In fact, now it seems that they do NOT want them back anymore and rather leave them where they are to be legally owned by persons with the right licences, which is a very good thing since otherwise they will most certainly be destroyed...

The reason for this is that the lended FAL's are not registered anymore in the Dutch Army Arms Inventory, which is a RFID chip with 2D Barcode attached on each firearm these days.
Also a Dutch Army official has to be present to check if all FAL's are really thrown into the "Hoogovens" metal melting plant's oven..
Of course it would be a real bad thing if any of these NON FULL AUTO Army FAL's came in the wrong hands, since everyone over here thinks the non HB (FALO) FAL's are Full Auto which is BS.......

The time and money it will cost to re-inventorize them and then destroy them accompanied with a Army official has raised some questions if this is in any way smart to do at all (which ofcourse it is not).

So hopefully these unique Dutch FAL's will remain in the good caring hands of Collectors and Legal firearms owners after all

By the way, all lended Garands were confiscated by the Dutch Army years ago to be destroyed which was not even an idea of the Dutch Army, but was intentionally provoked by civillians..


Oh and by the way, the Dutch Army never had any Folding Stock "Para" FAL's or short barreled ones in use ever.


@ Paco, your collection just gets better and better.. 4 pieces of KRR's already.

And the Dutch MAG really is one of a kind in private hands!!

Great pics as ever to inform our overseas FAL addicts

I'm not yet able to share any pic's yet since my Photobucket account does not allow sharing anymore unless I pay big bucks.
Already have an Imgur account, so I might be able to post some pic's again soon.

Greetings from Holland (The Netherlands) and I'm called a Dutchman anyone still gets it? LOL
Een hartsteekering bedankt voor uw kompleet informatie !!!

"Oh and by the way, the Dutch Army never had any Folding Stock "Para" FAL's or short barreled ones in use ever."

This is nice to know but I'm wondering if the RNLAF (Nederlandse Luchtmacht) ever used the 18" barrel models? I'm only asking this because for whatever reason I don't recall the Dutch Security Forces at Soesterberg having FAL rifles with barrels that long but of course it's been a long time and I could be wrong.

Thanks again for your narrative above.
GRA556 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 01:26   #43
kysjck
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31833
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tucson ,Az
Posts: 438
Great photos and info. Most if us have only seen the Dutch rifles in Blake Stevens' book. Now I know how the front sight hood was made.
Having owned a 50.63, I was surprised to see your's had the original Dutch rear sight removed and replaced with a Canadian disk rear sight. I did this to mine and found the C1 sight fit with no modification. It did require a 4 dot front post to work with the higher sight plain. The Dutch rear sight needed a super short front post to zero.
kysjck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 01:54   #44
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by kysjck View Post
Great photos and info. Most if us have only seen the Dutch rifles in Blake Stevens' book. Now I know how the front sight hood was made.
Having owned a 50.63, I was surprised to see your's had the original Dutch rear sight removed and replaced with a Canadian disk rear sight. I did this to mine and found the C1 sight fit with no modification. It did require a 4 dot front post to work with the higher sight plain. The Dutch rear sight needed a super short front post to zero.
Just to make it clear. In the first pics you see a civilian FAL para with a Dutch scope on it. It is not a Dutch army FAL.
The others are. When i received the scope, it was on a para mount.
Just added it to complete the pics
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 05:26   #45
1769
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 66611
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wells, Vermont, USA
Posts: 1,012
1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 10:08   #46
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Also, this is a sight number2 for the Dutch FAL



paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 10:53   #47
GRA556
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 81066
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
Posts: 266
Thumbs up

Thanks for posting Paco.

What type of wood is that stock; beech maybe? Doesn't look to me like the naturally darker French walnut.

Thanks again
GRA556 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 12:57   #48
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRA556 View Post
Thanks for posting Paco.

What type of wood is that stock; beech maybe? Doesn't look to me like the naturally darker French walnut.

Thanks again
No clue, can't find it in the spareparts pile
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 19:24   #49
kysjck
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31833
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tucson ,Az
Posts: 438
I'm well aware that the 50.63 Para pictured is a special version meant for export to the US. Like the Poyer L1A1s the production run was interrupted by US law. The point I was making, is the ironic fact that the Howco/Gun South 50.63s were one of the few US imported FALs originally equipped with the Dutch rear sight and yours had it replaced with an inch pattern Canadian C1/C1A1 rear sight. Do you know how that happened?
kysjck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 08:59   #50
paco
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 19226
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: brabant/Belgium - collecting
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by kysjck View Post
I'm well aware that the 50.63 Para pictured is a special version meant for export to the US. Like the Poyer L1A1s the production run was interrupted by US law. The point I was making, is the ironic fact that the Howco/Gun South 50.63s were one of the few US imported FALs originally equipped with the Dutch rear sight and yours had it replaced with an inch pattern Canadian C1/C1A1 rear sight. Do you know how that happened?
Sometimes weapons just walk in my mancave without a story.
It happens often.
No idea who and why or when.

I like it anyway
paco is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dutch, fn fal, krr, krr62, paco

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files