The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old November 11, 2012, 23:14   #1
FAL freek
Registered

FALaholic #: 10400
15 states wanna secede

States are sending a message to Washington apparently and this one seems a little louder than the we wanna make our own guns message last go round.
Now the Texas bravado of independence can prove itself.

http://now.msn.com/15-states-start-p...-leave-the-usa

Liberals want diversity in everything except your opinion.

Last edited by FAL freek; November 11, 2012 at 23:21.
FAL freek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2012, 00:13   #2
shlomo
Registered

FALaholic #: 12779
I see Georgia is on the list.

Maybe I won't have to pack the pickup for Texas after all.
Old November 12, 2012, 00:15   #3
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
Big talk is all it is.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2012, 00:18   #4
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
Big talk is all it is.
Not even that, just an online petition.
The only thing to come of it is more email spam for the signers.

.............juanni
Old November 12, 2012, 01:59   #5
homelandprotector
Registered

FALaholic #: 16592
Hope Nevada follows, Las Vagass can merge with commiefornia.

Who in the hell wants Obongo care.......NOBODY.
Old November 12, 2012, 05:48   #6
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right Side Up View Post
Big talk is all it is.
You just don't want me to come over.
Old November 12, 2012, 08:00   #7
xtremerange
Curio & Relic

FALaholic #: 4305
It might have more to do with kicking the SEC out of college football.
xtremerange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2012, 08:18   #8
NEWFNL1A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 43401
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlomo View Post
You just don't want me to come over.
Pack your crap and come on....

(I've included a motivational video)

"Hell, Jack...the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester" - Sheriff Hank Pearson, Extreme Prejudice - (1987)
NEWFNL1A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2012, 08:44   #9
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
De facto secessing will come after the economic collapse.
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2012, 10:37   #10
GSP228
Veteran Member
Contributor

FALaholic #: 13887
Quote:
I see Georgia is on the list.

Maybe I won't have to pack the pickup for Texas after all.
Pack your dad up and come about 200 miles south. I got plenty of room at the farm. You'll be that much farther from the Yankees and I could use the help standing watch.
Old November 12, 2012, 11:35   #11
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP228 View Post
Pack your dad up and come about 200 miles south. I got plenty of room at the farm. You'll be that much farther from the Yankees and I could use the help standing watch.
I got good eyes out to 800, but if any o' them rapscallions get inside six feet, I'm onna need my readin' specs to see 'em.

Keep the latch string out.
Old November 13, 2012, 05:06   #12
NEWFNL1A1
Registered

It's up to 30 now,,,,,,,

30 States Petition Federal Government to Secede After Election

-snip-
Is this simply the product of a few thousand discontents in each individual state? Perhaps. But Texas’ petition has over 40,000 signatures, well over the 25,000 necessary to reach the attention of the President. If this turns out to be more than the discontented murmurings of a single state, this story may get ugly.

Additionally, here is a list of all the states with petitions to secede on WhiteHouse.gov:

Delaware
California
Ohio
Nevada
Pennsylvania
Arizona
Oklahoma
Arkansas
South Carolina
Georgia
Missouri
Tennessee
Michigan
New York
Colorado
Oregon
New Jersey
North Dakota
Montana
Indiana
Mississippi
Kentucky
Florida
North Carolina
Alabama
Texas
Louisiana

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/27-s...fter-election/

Secession petitions flood White House website

President Obama's reelection last week has prompted a slew of requests to secede from the United States.

Using the Obama administration's own We the People website, nearly two dozen petitions have sprung up asking the Obama administration for permission to withdraw from the Union.

The two most popular petitions, Texas and Louisiana, have both drawn more than 10,000 signatures each as of Monday morning. The Texas petition needs only 7,000 more signatures to trigger an official White House response.

None of the petitions explicitly cite Obama's reelection as a reason for independence, but all were created after last week's elections.

"The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the [National Defense Authorization Act], the [Transportation Security Administration], etc," the Texas petition charges. "Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."

Others are more vague for in their reasons for wanting to leave the country.

"just like in 1860 the south secede from the union. 2012 the state of georgia would like to withdraw from the USA," one of the Georgia petitions states.

Most of the petitions simply quote the Declaration of Independence in their request to depart the country.

As of Monday, residents of Kentucky, Oregon, Montana, North Dakota, Mississippi, North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Colorado, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Missouri have all expressed interest in dissolving their relationship with the United States.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2...te-149291.html

"Hell, Jack...the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester" - Sheriff Hank Pearson, Extreme Prejudice - (1987)
Old November 13, 2012, 06:55   #13
JasonB
Banned

FALaholic #: 7430
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFNL1A1 View Post
30 States Petition Federal Government to Secede After Election

-snip-
Is this simply the product of a few thousand discontents in each individual state? Perhaps. But Texas’ petition has over 40,000 signatures, well over the 25,000 necessary to reach the attention of the President. If this turns out to be more than the discontented murmurings of a single state, this story may get ugly.

Additionally, here is a list of all the states with petitions to secede on WhiteHouse.gov:

Delaware
California
Ohio
Nevada
Pennsylvania
Arizona
Oklahoma
Arkansas
South Carolina
Georgia
Missouri
Tennessee
Michigan
New York
Colorado
Oregon
New Jersey
North Dakota
Montana
Indiana
Mississippi
Kentucky
Florida
North Carolina
Alabama
Texas
Louisiana

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/27-s...fter-election/

Secession petitions flood White House website

President Obama's reelection last week has prompted a slew of requests to secede from the United States.

Using the Obama administration's own We the People website, nearly two dozen petitions have sprung up asking the Obama administration for permission to withdraw from the Union.

The two most popular petitions, Texas and Louisiana, have both drawn more than 10,000 signatures each as of Monday morning. The Texas petition needs only 7,000 more signatures to trigger an official White House response.

None of the petitions explicitly cite Obama's reelection as a reason for independence, but all were created after last week's elections.

"The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the [National Defense Authorization Act], the [Transportation Security Administration], etc," the Texas petition charges. "Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."

Others are more vague for in their reasons for wanting to leave the country.

"just like in 1860 the south secede from the union. 2012 the state of georgia would like to withdraw from the USA," one of the Georgia petitions states.

Most of the petitions simply quote the Declaration of Independence in their request to depart the country.

As of Monday, residents of Kentucky, Oregon, Montana, North Dakota, Mississippi, North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Colorado, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Missouri have all expressed interest in dissolving their relationship with the United States.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2...te-149291.html
So you have a several thousand people who were ok with socialized medicine, bailouts, economy tanking, and anti-gun actions under Bush, but are upset over the same (or possibility of the same? under Obama? I can see the bloody footprints of courage, honor, and perseverance in the snow now.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2012, 07:45   #14
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
More people want to secede than voted for Ron Paul.

lulz
Mebsuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2012, 07:57   #15
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
The same people want to secede who voted for Ron Paul.

lulz
FIFY

More anathema 2 U
Old November 13, 2012, 08:02   #16
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

We won't fight over Ron Paul. We'll fight if you try to give him to us.
Old November 13, 2012, 08:07   #17
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
We won't fight over Ron Paul. We'll fight if you try to give him to us.
No problem. We'll trade you ten Willards for him. You keep the wars, phony money, and entitlements.
Old November 13, 2012, 08:12   #18
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

Not sure who Willard is but if you come to TX, better come in peace.
Old November 13, 2012, 08:55   #19
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Ever heard of a Ronbot who wasn't peaceful?
Old November 13, 2012, 09:29   #20
ce
Registered

FALaholic #: 373
Willard is a man who had a dream, but the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Ron Paul had the same dream, as dreamers often do, and everyone who shared his dream awoke when it was over and kept the dream alive, and they were glad that Ron Paul had looked up so many ladies' skirts, and had such fine opinions.

I like Ron Paul, he's a realist in the real world of reality.
ce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2012, 09:30   #21
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ce View Post

I like Ron Paul, he's a realist in the real world of reality.
For real?
Old November 13, 2012, 11:54   #22
alant
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FALaholic #: 46689
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2120410.html
Residents in more than 30 states have filed secession petitions with the "We the People" program on the White House website.

Petitions to strip citizenship of individuals signing onto petitions to secede and exile them have also been submitted.

A threshold of 25,000 signatures must be met within 30 days for petitions to be reviewed. The Obama administration explains, "If a petition meets the signature threshold, it will be reviewed by the Administration and we will issue a response."

. . .

Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) sought to distance himself from the petition on Monday. The Dallas Morning News reported that the Republican governor's press secretary wrote in an email, "Gov. Perry believes in the greatness of our Union and nothing should be done to change it. But he also shares the frustrations many Americans have with our federal government."

Note that these secession petitions are "internet petitions" with no verification that the signers are registered voters within the state in question - my guess is that the White House response will be words to the effect of "take that up with your state legislature" and "don't forget to pay your share of the national debt before you leave".

Congress could address what to do with secessionist traitors
May He turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limp.
- Old Gaelic Blessing
alant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2012, 12:05   #23
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
alant quote; it will be reviewed by the Administration and we will issue a response."
Would that be the same transparecy he promised in 2008?
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2012, 12:20   #24
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by alant View Post
Petitions to strip citizenship of individuals signing onto petitions to secede and exile them have also been submitted.

Stripping citizenship: meh.

As to "exile", I would be interested to know where anybody gets the legal right to throw somebody out of the land of his birth for not recognizing an artificial entity that claims a right to tax, beat, kill or cage him for an ever increasing array of reasons.

Last edited by shlomo; November 13, 2012 at 14:35.
shlomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2012, 12:39   #25
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
It is likely that a huge number of people signed those petitions who did not vote.

The conservative movement is full of non voters; maybe they all want free stuff too?

60 million voted against Romney.

32 million others did too by staying home and 55 million others were waiting in the wings for the free stuff and would have come out to register and vote to vote against anyone taking the free stuff away, if necessary.

The people who voted for Romney are also suspect now because they voted for Romney........

Where does that leave all those who did not want Romney......... on the right???........5-10 million million of them left in the country?

Plenty of the 25-75 million gun owners apparently wanted the free stuff too and have abandonned the old ways for the new ways..............
Texas is probably on the cusp of turning dem...........joining Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio, Pa, Fla, Ca, etc........................
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2012, 14:04   #26
ce
Registered

FALaholic #: 373
Alant is just confused due to the conditions of his pre-nuptual agreement with his wife. She threatens to exile him to Texas if he doesn't obey her every capricious whim.

We'll never know why he married a vengeful harpy driven by fits of jealous rage. He could have done so much better, he is a Colonel, after all.

Perhaps the e-mails the FBI has monitored will reveal more.
ce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2012, 14:27   #27
NEWFNL1A1
Registered

I hear 32 now....

Old November 13, 2012, 14:32   #28
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by V guy View Post
It is likely that a huge number of people signed those petitions who did not vote.
That would be entirely consistent, if you stop and think about it. Why would anybody vote, and thereby ratify a governmental entity they consider illegitimate?
Old November 13, 2012, 14:36   #29
EPC WN
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65612
Quote:
Of course you have no idea who Willard is, but you still voted for him.
The first rule of voting should be that you know the candidate's name. Duh!
Old November 13, 2012, 15:07   #30
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

Quote:

Congress could address what to do with secessionist traitors
Get that guy from Kenya on us?
Old November 13, 2012, 15:38   #31
mike minihan
Registered

FALaholic #: 16051
Nope,he's gonna put your head in a bamboo cage,Willard the rat will be in the cage and will pee on the head of any secessionist. Maranatha to u.

best regards,
Mike Minihan
Old November 13, 2012, 15:44   #32
EPC WN
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65612
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308bolt View Post
Knowing their place of birth should be the second rule.
I think he may have gotten his name and the shape of the place where he was born mixed up.
Old November 13, 2012, 15:51   #33
NEWFNL1A1
Registered

Now 37....

Old November 13, 2012, 17:48   #34
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

Ron Paul wants to secede and move to Treasure Island.
Old November 13, 2012, 17:53   #35
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Ron Paul wants to secede and move to Treasure Island.
You won't be able to get in later. lulz
Old November 13, 2012, 18:20   #36
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638

This is where Floater volunteers his cannon and crews... right?
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2012, 18:50   #37
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

Quote:
You won't be able to get in later. lulz
I don't care. I'll go to Booty Bay. Treasure Island is for n00bz0rz like RPF.
Old November 13, 2012, 19:07   #38
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
I don't care. I'll go to Booty Bay. Treasure Island is for n00bz0rz like RPF.
Yeah, but teh wimmenz there don't got tramp stamps.
Old November 13, 2012, 21:39   #39
NEWFNL1A1
Registered

Now at 42!

Old November 13, 2012, 22:29   #40
shlomo
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFNL1A1 View Post
Now at 42!
Only 15 to go!
Old November 13, 2012, 22:34   #41
NEWFNL1A1
Registered

Quote:
Only 15 to go!

Old November 14, 2012, 06:21   #42
4 brigada
Registered

FALaholic #: 17849
California wants to secede. REALLY... Now thats real funny. Like the taxes arent high enough here. See what happens when they have to pay NV for the electricity alone without Uncle Sugs coin and that just one thing. Morons, and yes I live there. But that probably goes for the rest of the almost bankrupt states that want to secede. If I was president, CA would be an ex state tomorrow. No more Fed money, no more trade until trade agreements were signed, no INS or Border patrol. All non californios (not CA born) would be illegal aliens in the republic or all that reside in CA would become citizens of the Republic of CA, including the now illegals. Yeap that will learn them

Then maybe CA can do a "The Mouse That Roared"

Last edited by 4 brigada; November 14, 2012 at 06:42.
4 brigada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 08:32   #43
FAL freek
Registered

FALaholic #: 10400
Quote:
Only 15 to go!
D@MN!!

Liberals want diversity in everything except your opinion.
FAL freek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 10:50   #44
DK
Cereal Killer
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 134
"Note that these secession petitions are "internet petitions" with no verification that the signers are registered voters within the state in question - my guess is that the White House response will be words to the effect of "take that up with your state legislature" and "don't forget to pay your share of the national debt before you leave". "

Oh the irony!

DK

"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." Margaret Thatcher
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 12:11   #45
alant
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ce View Post
Alant is just confused due to the conditions of his pre-nuptual agreement with his wife. She threatens to exile him to Texas if he doesn't obey her every capricious whim.

We'll never know why he married a vengeful harpy driven by fits of jealous rage. He could have done so much better, he is a Colonel, after all.

Perhaps the e-mails the FBI has monitored will reveal more.
I married a Saint. She doesn't issue threats or fly into rages, jealous or otherwise.

It would be better if you talked about something or someone you have knowledge of.
- Old Gaelic Blessing
Old November 14, 2012, 12:14   #46
NEWFNL1A1
Registered

At 47 now....

Old November 14, 2012, 12:17   #47
4 brigada
Registered

FALaholic #: 17849
Quote:
At 47 now....
Come on 50, hey wait a minute......
Old November 14, 2012, 12:19   #48
alant
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Stripping citizenship: meh.

As to "exile", I would be interested to know where anybody gets the legal right to throw somebody out of the land of his birth for not recognizing an artificial entity that claims a right to tax, beat, kill or cage him for an ever increasing array of reasons.
Exile implies they would retain citizenship and be able to re-enter the coutry at a future date. Greek city states sometimes used exile to punish their citizens. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile

My preference is that secessionists have a capital L tattooed on their foreheads, for sore loser, as a quick means of identification.
- Old Gaelic Blessing
Old November 14, 2012, 12:22   #49
alant
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 brigada View Post
Come on 50, hey wait a minute......
Um, you guys know this is as valid as a Fox election poll, right? A state legislature or statewide ballot would need to be involved, not a bunch of unverified names on an internet list.
- Old Gaelic Blessing
Old November 14, 2012, 12:38   #50
NEWFNL1A1
Registered

Quote:

My preference is that secessionists have a capital L tattooed on their foreheads, for sore loser, as a quick means of identification.
I had a similar idea for Liberals......