The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you carry a truck rifle?
Yes, always. 20 29.85%
Often but not always. 15 22.39%
Seldom, just if going into known zombie territory. 17 25.37%
Almost never as see no need. 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 30, 2017, 18:49   #1
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Truck Rifles

As mentioned before am a freak for truck rifles and wife has seen the light. Used to always carry a tactical shotgun due to versatility but only way to maximize that is to swap chokes so rifled choke helps with slug accuracy and then proper choke for shot size and distance. Since seldom knew what situation would be facing ended up with an Improved Cylinder choke as the jack-of-all-trades. Patterned fine with buck, small shot went everywhere and slugs knuckle balled at some point so became a truck rifle guy.

All short cab trucks have a lock behind the seat or under rear seat of bigger trucks. Also have a cable lock hard mounted under front passenger seat and pull out if need to lock up a second rifle if sitting up front or can lock rifle on rear floorboard. Wife has has always had a handgun since before day I met her as noticed she had a small wheelgun in pocket of her overalls day we met. Whenever we traveled together in her truck I would place a rifle in lock but if I was not along she felt handgun was enough. About a year ago she finally told me wanted to keep a rifle in her truck full time.

Some of her friends and relatives seem to have trouble getting their minds around a rifle in lock under back seat but last year's California deal, Paris the year before and New York were making it more plausible. The guys who dealt with Texas truck shooter seems to have healped others understand our reasoning when someone asks her why a rifle in lock behind seat of her truck.

Lately she has been carrying Mini 14's rather than her 5.7×28 AR's. She went to Gwinnett County yesterday and went to pull a mini out of the pile for her truck on her own. This morning noticed instead of the Ranch Rifle in 6.8 or GB Factory Folder she had unnoticed to her grabbed the AC556. Asked her why and she was unaware had taken a select fire weapon just chose it because it was short. (12.5" barrel plus flash hider) Had to explain to her it was fine but had to take one of the folders with copies of Trust information and copies of tax forms. Have several binders with full copies of both Trusts and all tax forms and inventory sheets so no matter what's in truck have correct papers. I have sets of all in my briefcase that goes with me daily. Pulled the AC556 and replaced with a stainless Ranch Rifle.

As left house this morning knew the Flaming Pig was in lock behind seat of my truck. 12.5" W.O.A. barrel with Noveske Flaming Pig muzzle device that comes up to 16.15" with C-More and cowitnesses with iron sights. Route today put me in some odd industrial areas and on a piece of property have permission to shoot and wanted to verify the Vortex red dot on one of the binary 5.56 SBR's.

The industrial park I worked is totally undeveloped with zero lots sold in two years so selling agencies were flipping. As rolled into far end where cul-de-sac ended the road was two cars sitting side by side with drivers windows facing each other. Payed them little attention as was lunchtime and see people all the time using yet undeveloped industrial parks and subdivisions to walk, jog or ride bikes. Grabbed ladder and was taking down sign when five cop vehicles came in hot and four surrounded to two cars. Cops got out of all along with a dog they walked around the cars which went bonkers. Turned out guys were smoking weed as made a transaction.

Cop that stopped at my truck said no worries, they were not really interested in me as had been watching one of the cars using that location for some time. They did walk the dog around my truck and since door was open saw the binary rifle with suppressor and plate carrier with rifle plates. We talked and once they packaged their perps and the two cars waited on impound guys pulled the binary rifle out and they didn't quite understand what a binary trigger was. Showed them a video on phone of it running and they were totally stunned that needed a stamp for the can but not the trigger.

When told them had a suprise in my briefcase and retrieved the SIG with Osprey can on it, combined with SIG on belt they asked why so many guns. Said because it was a cold cruel world and what if the two guys doing to dope deal had freaked on me just pulling up to work on a few signs and told them about a few odd instances had found myself in over recent years. They asked how many stops I made a day and agreed, five to ten stops per day, three or four days per week over 30 years was high odds of a bad day. Then mentioned guys in Texas and that I could not be parked across street from a church, hear weapons fire, see bodies falling and let it slide, not wired like that. Thus the level 3 multi hit plate carrier and rifle. Not getting in a fight with a handgun unless only choice so rifle walks out the door every morning. The best part was they helped me load all three signs had to remove around cul-de-sac in truck. Nothing better than a couple free helpers.

Never mentioned the Flaming Pig in lock behind seat or 44 special under seat and they never asked what all the speed loaders in console were for. Wonder what percentage of Files folk carry a truck rifle?
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2017, 19:08   #2
lew
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
I throw a rifle in the truck anytime I go for a road trip. Just got a 5.11 sling pack, so I'll throw my Para or XCR in there and take it to and from work. My old backpack is long in the tooth, so I now have a replacement with an extra capability.
Old November 30, 2017, 21:01   #3
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
Lost a 74. Someone smashed the window looking for stuff and found the 74. Currently carry a beat to crap Chinese paratrooper SKS with a Chinese chest rig with stripper clips.
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2017, 21:45   #4
Sig220
Registered

FALaholic #: 11622
Also known as a "Trunk" rifle. Always 1 and sometimes more
Old December 01, 2017, 07:45   #5
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
Lost a 74. Someone smashed the window looking for stuff and found the 74. Currently carry a beat to crap Chinese paratrooper SKS with a Chinese chest rig with stripper clips.
This is why have police style locks in all trucks. Can buy them on fleabay cheap and use standard handcuff key. Most trucks unbolt passenger seat and put loop of cable lock through seat frame. Can pull end with free loop to lock a second rifle or more. My daily driver has a paging alarm that pings my smartphone if detects movement or glass breakage. Seldom so far could not make life difficult for perps before defeat locks. There are times am very careful to only have my carry weapon and one rifle in lock if parking at large venue and will be more than a few minutes from truck.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old December 01, 2017, 18:44   #6
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
Not exactly a rifle, but I throw a lap top computer case in the vehicle containing a KelTec SUB 2000 in 9mm with extra ammo and six 33-rd Glock mags.
Whydah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 19:52   #7
NFADLR
curmudgeon
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 7480
Not a truck rifle but a rifle caliber truck AR pistol in 300 blackout.

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/guns-i...in-california/
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411469
#MakeFoodGreatAgain

Last edited by NFADLR; December 01, 2017 at 22:08.
NFADLR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 21:17   #8
gunseller
Registered

FALaholic #: 10120
You must have a rifle because a pistol is only to fight your way to your rifle.
Steve
gunseller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 21:32   #9
slavicshooter
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 74022
My hands are registered with the F.B.I. as lethal weapons.~ss
" In truth there is only one freedom - the holy freedom of Christ, whereby He freed us from sin, from evil, from the devil. It binds us to God. All other freedoms are illusory, false, that is to say, they are all, in fact, slavery."~St. Justin Popovitch
" Slavs are fueled by booze. I thought this was common knowledge."~lew
slavicshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 22:11   #10
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
As much as I like my FALs, truck gun of choice is normally an AR15 A2 carbine with four 30 round mags. That should get me out of a tight spot. Or bust a coyote.

Four out of the five voices in my head say "Go for it"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 01, 2017, 22:55   #11
jam762
Registered

FALaholic #: 68968
RFB
jam762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2017, 00:23   #12
arashi
Registered

FALaholic #: 15871
I had my Colt ar15 truck gun stolen from me 15 years ago.

Luckily, the ATF called me 2 weeks ago and I got it back. :-)

They really need to be locked in some way to the vehicle.
Old December 02, 2017, 00:30   #13
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205
AK with 5 mags and a glock and what ever i'm carrying and extra ammo

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2017, 04:56   #14
Cavadus
Registered

FALaholic #: 72900
I carry a VZ58 (VZ2008) and a minimalist plate carrier in my Jeep along with some other basic survival/prepper gear in a big tote.

It's always cool to turn over the rear seat in front of people and see their reaction to the rifle and armor, lol.

I live in Minnesota and absolutely relish the looks on all of the progtards' faces. Priceless. It's worth more to me than even needing the rifle and armor for a practical purpose.
Cavadus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2017, 15:50   #15
davedude
Registered

FALaholic #: 20538
Hmm well I used to carry a Romy G-series AK in the vehicles but got worried about it getting stolen...I like it alot.....afraid I don't have a beater-enuf rifle I can afford to lose....maybe I should do something about that as I agree on carrying bigger nowadays. Some beater AR maybe.
The S&W Sigma 9mm and five mags always goes and can be locked up but it is no rifle for sure. The idea behind the smith more or less is suppression fire so I can retreat to safer location. That one is cheap enuf to lose without too much worry but it does work well. Easy to grab and bring to bear in any direction even while driving. But yeah, need a rifle too, would feel better about my chances when confronted by serious criminals looking to do harm.
Old December 02, 2017, 17:01   #16
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
I have to go on restricted property like ports and stuff once in a while. I'm hesitant cause they do open your trunk sometimes. And yes there is a big ole sign at the gate. But they normally are checking when you leave to make sure you aren't stealing.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 03, 2017, 08:58   #17
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunseller View Post
You must have a rifle because a pistol is only to fight your way to your rifle.
Steve
Amen, brother. The choir sings in the background...
Old December 05, 2017, 12:08   #18
BiGB808
Registered

FALaholic #: 18195
Why in the hell would you link to an anti 2a website a d bag like gabby giffords?
Old December 05, 2017, 18:01   #19
NFADLR
curmudgeon
Bronze Contributor

The choir does not live where I do and does not live under the same dictator (Brown / moonbeam) Obutrama wanna be pos.

Taking donations to remove my family and self totally from this fruit and nut state (send cash).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Amen, brother. The choir sings in the background...
#MakeFoodGreatAgain
Old December 05, 2017, 18:51   #20
BiGB808
Registered

FALaholic #: 18195
Cash?! Those are federal reserve notes! I thought you would be a bitcoin/silver and gold only
Old December 05, 2017, 19:03   #21
John Crusher
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 18663
I have to admit, I carry a .308 AR . POF P308 14.5" and 6 mags.
my get to rifle handgun is a MK25 p226.
Old December 05, 2017, 19:05   #22
NFADLR
curmudgeon
Bronze Contributor

Nothing electronic, so bitcoin is out same with every other criptocurrency.

Cash spends easier than gold or silver and at this point still affords one some anonymity.

Email thru profile to send cash.
Generosity will be rewarded!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGB808 View Post
Cash?! Those are federal reserve notes! I thought you would be a bitcoin/silver and gold only
#MakeFoodGreatAgain
Old December 05, 2017, 20:27   #23
rowjimmy
Registered

FALaholic #: 21662
Good thread Huey.
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 05, 2017, 21:39   #24
Wolf1952
Registered

FALaholic #: 61846
I voted (Almost never as see no need) but I do carry a side arm everywhere I go on the bike or in the truck. Plus a rifle won’t fit behind the back set of the truck.

Wolf
Old December 05, 2017, 22:43   #25
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
M4, 5.56, red dot, 7 30 round mags and just recently added an 870 police magnum surplus shotgun, with 150 rounds of 3 inch buck.
Get home bag, got a Glock 19, spare 9mm barrel for converted 22 to 357 Sig, half dozen model 17 mags, another 150 boxed 9mm, Gerber Mk1, and of course, whatever I happen to walk out of the house with, most likely A Glock 22 converted to 357 Sig.
I love my 357 sig, but know I won't be able to locate spare ammo out in the "wild", but still carry it any way, thing runs dry, convert it to 9mm with a barrel change.
It can and does get rough down here along the border at times.
Old December 06, 2017, 07:21   #26
Registered

FALaholic #: 66611
Damn YH, did ya leave any room in your get home bag for silly stuff, like food? Water?
1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2017, 08:00   #27
Liberty Prime
Registered

FALaholic #: 79325
I really need to get on the ball and put a rifle or AK pistol in my trunk. I just don't have anything I'd be ok with parting with if it got stolen.

I do have a CZ99 mounted under my steering wheel for quick access. I might do what another gentleman said and buy a beater AR for this purpose. There's some good insight on locks in this thread as well.
Liberty Prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 06, 2017, 11:00   #28
NFADLR
curmudgeon
Bronze Contributor

That is the whole idea behind the AR pistol.

Rifle caliber in a short package.

The alternative in a rifle would need to have at the least a 16 inch barrel and an overall length of 30 inches.

The pistol packs a 300 Blackout or 7.62x39 caliber, and measures at a lot shorter package of 23 inches.

Could get it shorter with a coaxial buffer setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf1952 View Post
I voted (Almost never as see no need) but I do carry a side arm everywhere I go on the bike or in the truck. Plus a rifle won’t fit behind the back set of the truck.

Wolf
#MakeFoodGreatAgain
Old December 06, 2017, 11:17   #29
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Just a cheap Hi Point 9mm carbine. Sometimes a WASR under the seat.

Old December 06, 2017, 12:34   #30
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Shooter at Texas church sure didn't count on a pair of Hillbillies to be at store across street with AR 15 when he came strolling out of the church then even when got mobile to follow and continue putting rounds through his door. If a few more events would play out in similar fashion, maybe before victim count went so high the truck rifle might come into popularity with the more average Joe's.

I have the rifle in lock behind seat, day pack in passenger floorboard with 22 magnum wheelgun and 250 rounds of 22 Mag along with food, water, compass, filter, radio and other critical "bug home" items if forced to walk back to house in bad situation. Also keep three of the 120 round boxes of 5.56 green tip in truck to top off mags if ran dry. Since wear Level II soft armor every day with Dyneema special threat plate have a basic plate carrier over passenger seat back that has a pair of 11"×13" Level 3++ Dyneema plates.

Am 95% alone in truck now so room is not an issue. If friend or part timer goes on road with me they are used to helping remove the extra rifleof the day, extra plate carrier and that a front opening military style vest is the seat cover for passenger seat and know where I keep my spare handcuff key stashed in case they need to access rifle. The backpack comes out as well but armored briefcase with suppressed SIG rides under their legs. So my passenger can armor up and arm themselves if necessary and when alone the extra rifle , plate carrier and backpack are just like a good friend or dog that goes with me most everywhere. Suggest a paging alarm if carry all the crap I do just in case out of sight of vehicle.
Old December 06, 2017, 13:43   #31
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1769 View Post
Damn YH, did ya leave any room in your get home bag for silly stuff, like food? Water?
Mexican carry on water, couple of one gallon jugs ride around in all our vehicles.
Light on food, got a couple of those three day brick things, taste like cookie dough, shoved in there somewhere.
Bunch of instant coffee packs, several packs of smokes couple pairs of socks, and 300 in 10 and 20 bills.

Poncho and poncho liner, about does it.

Always got a spare pair of boots stuck in vehicles, somewhere, another pair of socks stuck down in them.

Can't eat well or at all, if you're dead, so first things first.

And this above is all in my Jeep Wrangler, mama's got a similar set up in her big Chevy truck.
Old December 06, 2017, 17:42   #32
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFADLR View Post
That is the whole idea behind the AR pistol.

Rifle caliber in a short package.

The alternative in a rifle would need to have at the least a 16 inch barrel and an overall length of 30 inches.

The pistol packs a 300 Blackout or 7.62x39 caliber, and measures at a lot shorter package of 23 inches.

Could get it shorter with a coaxial buffer setup.

the AK Draco 7.62x39 pistol w/ a 12" barrel is a damn good contender for what you call out

I would prefer my .300 Blackout AR Pistol to be without the buffer tube sticking out the back, a more compact setup for sure but it does give me decent control and a good cheek weld

9 to 12 inch barrel in either caliber gets you some serious firepower to save your own bacon, and thats the name of the game, 'cause really .... no one is coming to save you today, tomorrow or next year (when seconds count, the police are a few hours away and

given a choice I would prefer a suppressor on either for use from inside a vehicle, it just makes sense as a defensive role,
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2017, 06:13   #33
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKodog View Post
(Trim)
given a choice I would prefer a suppressor on either for use from inside a vehicle, it just makes sense as a defensive role,
This week been carrying an 11.5" 5.56 SBR with suppressor and binary trigger as my backup rifle. When carry a dedicated suppressed rifle take the quick change rifle can out of brief case as do not generally need two suppressed rifles at any one time. If have any "most carried" second rifle it usually a 14.7" 6.8 spc II and always have a quick change can in my briefcase. That way if go in doctors office or anyplace will be out of sight of truck for long period of time the can goes with me as does the suppressed SIG and nobody ever asks about the briefcase.

I am a bit anal about leaving really nasty toys out of my sight for long. Past two days have either been in my parking lot with video surveillance of vehicles or on the road and always within a few steps so an SBR goes with as been working near shopping districts and industrial areas and it's crazy time just before Christmas so the binary with permanent can seems to be the spare rifle for the season.

Wife complains about weight usually when put a can on her rifles but discovered on her 5.7x28's can spin on an Osprey pistol can which is super light. Have another pair of cans waiting on forms in a new Trust and will have a 6.8 SBR along with a heavy duty can for my binary AR 10 as don't want to steal cans of my big turn bolts. Once a person gets used to suppressors it's hard to go back.
Old December 07, 2017, 07:14   #34
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Prime View Post
. I just don't have anything I'd be ok with parting with if it got stolen.
A hundred dollar Mosin is a proven battle weapon
Old December 07, 2017, 07:20   #35
Registered

FALaholic #: 66611
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Mexican carry on water, couple of one gallon jugs ride around in all our vehicles.
Light on food, got a couple of those three day brick things, taste like cookie dough, shoved in there somewhere.
Bunch of instant coffee packs, several packs of smokes couple pairs of socks, and 300 in 10 and 20 bills.

Poncho and poncho liner, about does it.

Always got a spare pair of boots stuck in vehicles, somewhere, another pair of socks stuck down in them.

Can't eat well or at all, if you're dead, so first things first.

And this above is all in my Jeep Wrangler, mama's got a similar set up in her big Chevy truck.
I humbly apologize for doubting your preps.
1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2017, 13:11   #36
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1769 View Post
I humbly apologize for doubting your preps.
All this crap fits into a heavy nylon bag, well, most of it, and rides behind the back seat, out of sight.

Did just toss the 870 behind the front seats down on floor boards of jeep.

Coffee, spare socks, and smokes are the critical items!
Old December 07, 2017, 20:07   #37
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavicshooter View Post
My hands are registered with the F.B.I. as lethal weapons.~ss

Did you have to pay a fee for that registration?
Old December 07, 2017, 20:39   #38
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texgunner View Post

Bet he offered them one of little poopy pants dirty diapers for payment!
Old December 07, 2017, 20:54   #39
slavicshooter
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texgunner View Post

They've always been too afraid to ask.~ss
" In truth there is only one freedom - the holy freedom of Christ, whereby He freed us from sin, from evil, from the devil. It binds us to God. All other freedoms are illusory, false, that is to say, they are all, in fact, slavery."~St. Justin Popovitch
Old December 07, 2017, 20:55   #40
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
They've always been too afraid to ask.~ss
You are the man sir!
Old December 07, 2017, 20:56   #41
slavicshooter
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Bet he offered them one of little poopy pants dirty diapers for payment!
I did, as they filled their own. Very intuitive, yellowhand.~ss
Old December 07, 2017, 21:00   #42
nopec
Registered

FALaholic #: 72693
The federal tru ball slugs produce really good accuracy out of smooth bore shotguns. They have a hollow base and a plastic bead that causes the slug to expand to fit the bore. I've seen 3 shot clover leafs at 25 yards routinely out of my home defense guns. Similarly, the federal premium buckshot with the flite control wads are going to double the effective range of the smooth bore.

The downside is neither are cheap.
nopec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 07, 2017, 21:42   #43
slavicshooter
Registered
Contributor

Old December 07, 2017, 21:54   #44
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I did, as they filled their own. Very intuitive, yellowhand.~ss
You're a very lucky grand daddy!!!!
Old December 08, 2017, 03:47   #45
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
Out here I switched to a $174 model 94 in 30-30.
(Guess over $200 now that I added a Sling and peep.)

More likely I'll put down a cow or something, and a "cowboy assault rifle" will do. Switched after I pulled out the AK to shoot some pigs, and the comments made.

When I go on a trip or "to the big city" I switch back to a 47 with ultimak and "AK100" stock that I built. (Did several identical.) Light and tritium front.

I keep both "sleep outside" and "sleep in town" bags in the truck next to my First Responder medical turnout kit.
Sleeping bag too. In winter gloves, extra wool sox, scarf, and coveralls sit on the front seat.
Did well by me last year when we had a MVA with fatality at 0400 and it was 8 degrees.

I could live out the truck for a week. Might need to use a water filter (plenty around) as I only keep 2-3 (2) liter bottles of water and a case of water bottles in the back I replace when 1/2 used up. (You'd be amazed at the guys who don't bring a drink to a fire.)
Good otherwise.

FD plate with my callsign on the front gets me through road blocks.
If a cop comes up behind me the Disabled Vet plate is on the rear.

As to guns at home I wear a 27 and a 23 with light.
I put the 23 on/take it off when I hit my gate.

In town the 23 is switched with either a 2nd 27 or if I'm lazy a J frame. Another 23 with a Advantage Arms .22 slide rides in the truck for dispatching random animals after I put a .40 hole in a groundhog hide. (I tan)
.40 upper is there for switching if necessary.
Old December 09, 2017, 16:34   #46
Slow
Registered

FALaholic #: 17330
I just carry my tennis racket...............

What’s the point in ever trying to be happy when the very pursuit of happiness is what makes you miserable.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but i can't stick my head that far up my ass

"The earth swarms with people who are not worth talking to" -Voltaire

"If you mix fat and lies, you get Bill, not soap. Throw in some stupid, and it turns to Vince." - ce

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato
Slow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 09, 2017, 18:37   #47
slavicshooter
Registered
Contributor

I bet you've never lost a set. ~~ss
Old December 09, 2017, 18:46   #48
kfranz
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 101
Yup. I've got an old Maadi with romy sidefolder in my tennis bag. Gun and Chicom sports bra and more will fit in there. I hop on my bike with the setup and ride around town sometimes, gets a good sweat going..
kfranz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:04   #49
Edgartwib
Registered

FALaholic #: 80246
Haha, when I bought my Romanian underfold years ago it came in a Wilson prostaff case too!

I bought a CZ 527 7.62x39 carbine from a buddie with intentions of making it my truck rifle but truth be told it is in way to nice condition. And a slick carbine to boot! I have a 44 spl that I find fits the bill for my truck gun for the moment.
Edgartwib is online now   Reply With Quote