Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old December 25, 2017, 11:20   #1
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Grand Solar Minimum Thread

Despite the MSM staying with the AGW story, it appears that the Sun is going into a period of reduced activity.

Please discuss.
Below are links to two youtube channels that cover this phenomenon from different angles.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 07:48   #2
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Real scientists(not the grant scammers) are seriously studying these grand solar minimums.And learning more and more,like how large quakes co-incide with large solar eruptions. Global warming,climate change,as the left sees it,is just another revenue scheme to bilk the public at large.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 14:32   #3
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
From all I've read, I'd say we're 50/50 chance of a repeat of the 17th century, where it got cold, real cold, and stayed that way for about 100 years.
The 17th century was not a good time for humans.

Some lab coats are still saying, humans cause heat will be offset by the sun going quiet for a wash on anything significant happening, up or down temps, you have to buy into all that man made crap to believe that one though.

Stock sun screen or stock up on food, I'm betting on needing a lot of food on hand.

Several countries like China and Russia, northern countries, are going hard into Africa, could it be they are looking for warm areas for food production, my guess is yes.

I'm ok here on southern AZ though, real cold up north, but nice and warm in this region when this happens with the sun, with extra rainfall.

Warm and more rain fall here makes this a good area to ride out mother natures normal cycle with the sun.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 16:01   #4
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
http://investmentwatchblog.com/cosmi...ord-alps-snow/

I see Gore crying his heart out!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -- Voltaire

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 16:01   #5
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Keeping an eye on Mount Agung.....
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 19:07   #6
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
The global warming crowd still don't get the fact that planet earth is still coming out of an ice age. We are going to have blips like the last "little ice age" of the mid 1600's through early 1700's. The Europeans took a spanking when couldn't even grow potatoes much less normal vegitables most depend on as staples along with grains. We had another extended cold snap in the 1800's that some link with the first event beginning in mid 1600's and others don't link them but call separate events. Doesn't matter, earth will go through hot and cold spells.

Here in the U.S. due to vast area, lots of new technologies and a free market system large corporations will figure out how to grow food in areas that were previously too hot and don't have enough water. People will move about, long term investmentioned corporations will buy property for pennies on the dollar and people that own land in southern U.S. and lower elevations will become rich.

Luckily we have huge natural gas resources being tapped daily and Trump has our oil guys poised to suck all we can out as need it. I heard U.S. is largest petroleum producing nation on planet now from somewhere. We have the resources and luckily political stability to not spend more time rebuilding it following war of the month. We will send all the Mexicans home to grow food and they will have a thriving economy based on something other than narcotics for a change.

I live in a decent area and may have reasonable summers for a change and winters where ski resorts will pop up in North Georgia mountains. At some point it's just common sense to know the planet will hit a tipping point and naturally go into another ice age. I work outside as many days as not. My recreation is outdoors. Past five years we have had cooler summers and warmer winters in North Georgia than I remember during my lifetime. 1980's and till 2010 was some hot summers that don't seem as bad now. Can't remember a week of temperatures hovering around or in low 100's in past decade(ish). Do remember those in decades before.

My perceived local observations don't mean jack cr@p worldwide. What I did notice was from 1980's through about 2007 the glaciers in Andes of Peru, Bolivia and Equador almost dissapear. Have pictures of "acclimatization peaks" aka warm up climbs where were on snow and ice from valley floor to summit till they became gravel piles with a snowcone on top and some no longer even have a small glacier and snow at summit now. Seen same in Swiss and French Alps along with Wind Rivers, Tetons and other ranges in North America. Day will come when the sun cools off, atmosphere is blocked by volcanic ash or some issue will turn it all around again.

Read a well written article by a group of think tankers geared towards people of average intelligence saying as earth warms, tree line/green zone moves closer to the north pole. Before polar ice cap melts, vegitation will grow up into areas approaching the Arctic Circle that the additional vegitatation will release huge amounts of oxygen while sucking up carbon dioxide and then the Pacific Rim of Fire will turn loose tons of ash likely in conjunction with a solar minimum and the glaciers start coming back and marching toward equators.

Earth has a cycle and we are not really as powerful as some think to change it. Earthquakes, hurricanes, blizzards, droughts, volcanoes, etc do what they want without our ability to influence much. Northern cities will build down instead of up. More people die from cold than heat. Humans can tolerate heat much better than cold. A two degree drop in world average temperatures will kill thousands every year. Know people building green houses in case it comes. A six degree drop will be bad and ten degrees catasteopic.

Man is a spec on the planet, just a brief occupant in history and like the dinosaurs will be gone if don't believe in Divine intervention. Some are pretty resilient and combined with rick people hiring enough of the tough and smart types maybe man will survive whatever planet earth serves us next. One fact is eventually it all comes apart at the seams and a new "big bang" scenario starts it all over again. Read an article about astronomy recently talking about the galaxies moving apart and stars inside each doing the same and that in a 1,000 years our view of the stars will be significantly different. When the pyramids were being built humans had a totally different star that was used as the north star and in about 10,000 years Vega will be our new north star. Blinks of an eye in celestial time.

Just like Bible says, physicists, mathematicians, scientists, etc are beginning to agree that the universe will collapse upon itself. Then a new universe reborn from the stored energy. God says he will totally rip the entire universe down and remake it once he takes his children home and it's funny how history, archeology and science never seem to prove the Bible wrong but more and more correct though explained in simple terms a goat herder thousands of years ago could understand enough. Bring on some winter, have two new and never used -60 F sleeping bags and plenty of food.

2017 we went from 2 years food supply to three. Four years meds to five. Wife and I are nearing old age so doubt we will live long enough to see the dumb show play out as expect it to go. Whether global warming, new ice age, political issue, civil breakdown or whatever earth/society throws at us will give it a go but resting on God's promise to come bring his children home before it gets that bad. Covering all my bases for at least a few years, who wants to live through total,misery just to be doing? May as well be comfortable. Heard pneumonia is about to thump us in February... It's always something, eh?
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2017, 20:13   #7
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
Keeping an eye on Mount Agung.....
yep, volcano's are mother natures true ass wild card, can change world wide weather in days not regular cycles that take centuries and cause all sorts of severe problems for nearly everyone.

A couple of seasons with 50% decrease in growing food, we loose half the world's population or worst and its happened before and will happen again.

Old December 26, 2017, 20:46   #8
Nomad, 2nd
Registered

FALaholic #: 33115
I'm in zone 6, and that's "the far north" for me.

But even if it's like Northern Michigan

It'll still grow crops.
Old December 27, 2017, 01:07   #9
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Check out SuspiciousObservers.org for the space weather connection. New report every morning...

Forrest

http://suspicious0bservers.org
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2017, 18:21   #10
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

Old December 27, 2017, 19:39   #11
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
But, but, but its global warming, dang it, get with the program!

Old December 30, 2017, 16:00   #12
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422453
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2017, 17:34   #13
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
81 here today, ugh, need some of that global cooling to kick in, like its hot, damn hot, really damn hot!

Old December 30, 2017, 18:10   #14
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
81 here today, ugh, need some of that global cooling to kick in, like its hot, damn hot, really damn hot!
You could go north a bit to Minot to cool down. Heard it hit -49 Fahrenheit there this morning.

Old December 30, 2017, 18:28   #15
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
You could go north a bit to Minot to cool down. Heard it hit -49 Fahrenheit there this morning.
Nope, ain't going no place, where both mama's hair dryer and her truck needs to be plugged into electrical outlets!

Damn, that's some cold ass weather they got there, ugh!

Old December 30, 2017, 18:54   #16
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
The heat lamp in the insulated box for the well pump apparently burned out at some point.

This week we've seen single digit temps and discovered this well issue two days ago.

For two days I made 10 trips a day back & forth to carry a pair of 5 gallon buckets of water 100 yards for livestock.

Every year, the "full time Kentuckian/part time Floridian" seems more and more backwards.

Can I start a GoFundMe account to move grand kids near us in Florida?
Old December 30, 2017, 21:12   #17
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
The heat lamp in the insulated box for the well pump apparently burned out at some point.

This week we've seen single digit temps and discovered this well issue two days ago.

For two days I made 10 trips a day back & forth to carry a pair of 5 gallon buckets of water 100 yards for livestock.

Every year, the "full time Kentuckian/part time Floridian" seems more and more backwards.

Can I start a GoFundMe account to move grand kids near us in Florida?
Can stand to see a grown man suffer, so here ya go, five whole dollars!!!!!

Locals laughed at me several years back, weatherman said it was going to 4 below, here, and staying below zero for several days at night.

I cut a slit in an old tent bottom, put tent up around the pressure tanks and well head controls, and tossed in a 300 watt work light for heat.

Thing was pretty at night, and worked!

Them laughing folks were still stopping by for water a week later as they waited for their systems to be repaired.

Old December 31, 2017, 14:27   #18
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
Huey covered a good amount of info that many left/progressive/Al Gore wanna-bee’s cannot seem to comprehend even when explained in detail, there are huge coronal holes opening and closing all the time on the suns surface, they spew space wind and Gamma Radiation that is responsible for many lesser earthquakes (read - cooking the earth's core), bigger quakes have been shown to be caused by planetary alignments that increase gravitational pull many fold, really big quakes can be fact checked to past planetary alignments, most recently the Banda Aceh Boxing Day Quake and resulting Tsunami

it has been proven that the left/progressive/Al Gore wanna-bee’s have destroyed a century of temperature records to make facts reflect their agenda, “global warming”, and it is nothing but a long con that they are running, just follow the money ……. then it is easy to see the truth

yes, volcanoes can quickly change weather and climate, The 1883 eruption of Krakatoa made changes rather quickly and had devastating effects around the globe, not just on a local scale

my one grandfather told me as a child that his father lived thru the year without a summer, he saw snow in July (here in PA)

the sun is the primary driver of weather and climate here on earth and the other planets in our solar system, fluctuating temps on the other planets do correspond with temps fluctuating here on earth, and this is one of the facts that the left/progressive/Al Gore wanna-bee’s have ignored and try to hide form low IQ sheeple

here is a sreeenshot of left column of todays spaceweather web page, we are heading into a solar minimum

http://www.spaceweather.com
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2017, 16:22   #19
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
First comes the questions, then comes the judgements.

Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2017, 16:54   #20
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
First comes the questions, then comes the judgements.