Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > General Meetings and Events

Notices

Old July 24, 2017, 11:08   #1
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Stunning Gun Show Advertisement

Atlanta talk radio is advertising the upcoming Marietta GA Gun & Knife Show. Totally stunned by lead in saying " if have rare gun collection want to sell, have buyers paying up to $10,000 for quality collections". $10k would not cover even one of my nicer collector grade firearms. Found it funny they specifically mentioned quality, rare and collections (plural as in multiple firearms) and can pony up to $10k for them all in one sentence. How many users here could walk in with two FAL's that $10k wouldn't touch even at wholesale investor prices? Personally think a "collection" would be a minimum of three firearms or more, quality means really nice and add rare then prices would be closer to six figures than three. They even have reloading and loaded ammo for sale along with new and used guns! Wow, I might have to load up and drive to the big city and see the show... Nahh, bet the basement gun room has more interesting items and less hassle to get in.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2017, 14:02   #2
John A
Registered

FALaholic #: 73828
$10k would barely cover the cost of a single transferable.

And many of them go for $18-$30k
John A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2017, 15:04   #3
LYCAN
Registered

FALaholic #: 20840
LYCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2017, 15:16   #4
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
There are many widows that have no clue how to sell firearms at their real worth, and "just want them out of the house", that will fall for this scam..
hagar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2017, 15:25   #5
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar View Post
There are many widows that have no clue how to sell firearms at their real worth, and "just want them out of the house", that will fall for this scam..
Yep.

Anytime something enters or leaves my collection, it is updated in an Excel file including FMV and emailed to my wife and to one of my son's who would be administrator if wife and I went out together. They know how to sell and who to go to for help as needed.