The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AR Files

Notices

Old September 04, 2017, 03:33   #1
johnnycobra
Registered

FALaholic #: 26209
With the oversupply of AR parts and guns

Is there still a premium for 1986-1989 Colt A2 HBAR rifles?
I would have guessed them to be $1200+ rifles prior to the last couple of years. Gunbroker has some silly prices above that, but i dint know if many sell.
Maybe they are worth something because of some state bans out there?
I was thinking they'd be worth $7-800 at the moment, but I am possibly mistaken with the possibility these fit a preban status somewhere?
johnnycobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 04, 2017, 05:38   #2
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycobra View Post
Is there still a premium for 1986-1989 Colt A2 HBAR rifles?
I would have guessed them to be $1200+ rifles prior to the last couple of years. Gunbroker has some silly prices above that, but i dint know if many sell.
Maybe they are worth something because of some state bans out there?
I was thinking they'd be worth $7-800 at the moment, but I am possibly mistaken with the possibility these fit a preban status somewhere?
My gut feeling is this is the absolutely worst time to sell it unless you need the money. Now, if you are buying them...
Old September 04, 2017, 07:16   #3
johnnycobra
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubvogel View Post
My gut feeling is this is the absolutely worst time to sell it unless you need the money. Now, if you are buying them...

I agree. A family member is looking to sell. I may have been a buyer, but dont want to pay over market. Then again, don't wamt to rip them off. If they can get 2x my price to someone behind enemy lines because this model fits a loophole, I'd be willing to help the do gunbroker or an ffl transfer from a board sale.
Old September 04, 2017, 08:50   #4
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Pre 1984 is where I understood the cutoff for ban states is set. Coincides with the 1984 Bush 1 ban but if wrong would like to know as have some mid/late AR's not attached to if calling sell for enough to build two for one.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 04, 2017, 09:16   #5
fnogger
Registered

FALaholic #: 51053
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Pre 1984 is where I understood the cutoff for ban states is set. Coincides with the 1984 Bush 1 ban but if wrong would like to know as have some mid/late AR's not attached to if calling sell for enough to build two for one.
You mean '89 based on the Bush I import ban. Or perhaps in some places pre-94 for the Clinton ban.
Old September 04, 2017, 12:32   #6
VALMET
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
While not worth what some folks are asking for them over on GB, there continues to be a market for the Green Label and pre-94 Blue Label guns, particularly 6520 Gov't Carbines in the ban states.
Old September 04, 2017, 12:42   #7
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnogger View Post
You mean '89 based on the Bush I import ban. Or perhaps in some places pre-94 for the Clinton ban.
Thanx for getting my dates straight. In a tizzy today with some emergency work sites that cam in early this morning to be done before days end.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old September 04, 2017, 13:55   #8
pre1989
Registered

FALaholic #: 76523
No state honors pre 94 clinton ban any more ..MA was the last but now with there AG did they whole parts ban eh ..Ct is 50/50 some are ok some are not ... the 1989 ban does not effect these as that was a import rifle ban

Now if yours has a bayo lug you might get some good coin from colt fans as colt started taking off the lug in the late 80/early 90s to try to be good boys for clinton ...The old school no sear block bayo lug HBAR will still get money

But frankly with as gutted the market is now+ who is in power it is not a good time to sell ...
pre1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 04, 2017, 14:27   #9
johnnycobra
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre1989 View Post
No state honors pre 94 clinton ban any more ..MA was the last but now with there AG did they whole parts ban eh ..Ct is 50/50 some are ok some are not ... the 1989 ban does not effect these as that was a import rifle ban

Now if yours has a bayo lug you might get some good coin from colt fans as colt started taking off the lug in the late 80/early 90s to try to be good boys for clinton ...The old school no sear block bayo lug HBAR will still get money

But frankly with as gutted the market is now+ who is in power it is not a good time to sell ...
Yeah it is a pre nonsense, bayo lug-having, no sear block 86-88 a2 hbar.
Old September 04, 2017, 19:47   #10
K. Funk
Real Life Metallurgist
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 38
Terrible time to sell. I have a premium grade Rebel Arms to sell and I can't get half of what it's worth right now. It's going to sit for a while or become part of my personal collection.

krf

You never know what's going on inside the mind of a crazy man!!

Check out username kandainv on Gunbroker; always some neat stuff!!
FYB!!!!
K. Funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 04, 2017, 21:30   #11
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Remember he also is considering buying it and want to offer a fair price.
Old September 05, 2017, 01:36   #12
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
AR's are cheaper than 1k rounds of .308.

Think real hard about that.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 05, 2017, 05:25   #13
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan Raider View Post
AR's are cheaper than 1k rounds of .308.

Think real hard about that.
Hurts me head...

=------} They strain gnats and swallow camels...

=------} Just a battleship mouth and a rowboat ass...
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 05, 2017, 14:11   #14
fly2.0
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 79608
Very BAD time to sell . Good to Buy .

I see them going for 900-1200$ at LGS . Highest price was $2000 , BUT NONE sold all weekend .

** Buy the Best / Don't mess with the Rest **

==================================
fly2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 05, 2017, 14:51   #15
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
Pre-ban Colts sell to Connecticut on Gunbroker for high $$$

As always, write a clear, and COMPLETE description, and post lots of good-quality pics.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 06, 2017, 10:33   #16
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

And why I keep buying Smith M&P'' when on sale and putting box in safe location plus building and building. Nothing stays the same but everyone add means a minimum of 1,200 rounds of ammo as rifle with no ammo is useful a truck with no fuel. Sandy Hook having rifle/magazine/ammo complete kits to sell locally FTF was a special niche for people in panic with nothing paying whatever price named. Many wouldn't buy rifles if couldn't find ammo. Rimfire was better than gold. Am now working on rebuilding my rimfire slowly as price drops and since AR's are so cheap steering clear of spending a premium on combloc stuff.
Old September 07, 2017, 22:12   #17
squid8286
Registered

FALaholic #: 7276
Quote:
And why I keep buying Smith M&P'' when on sale and putting box in safe location plus building and building. Nothing stays the same but everyone add means a minimum of 1,200 rounds of ammo as rifle with no ammo is useful a truck with no fuel. Sandy Hook having rifle/magazine/ammo complete kits to sell locally FTF was a special niche for people in panic with nothing paying whatever price named. Many wouldn't buy rifles if couldn't find ammo. Rimfire was better than gold. Am now working on rebuilding my rimfire slowly as price drops and since AR's are so cheap steering clear of spending a premium on combloc stuff.
There WILL be another panic. Just a matter of time. If I had the $$ at the moment, I'd be doing the same thing.
squid8286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 08, 2017, 10:26   #18
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Go to Centerfire System and at least buy a three pack of the Mag Tactical billet magnesium lowers for $99. I usually get a half dozen to a dozen at a time but lowers take up little space to store and a are the heart of a "rifle". When next panic hits if have just a few lowers put back it will be a worthy investment. Stopped in LGS yesterday and after cleaning up the gun smith counter and pidddling around had this box.

Was a total of four delta ring assemblies with end caps, two F front sight towers, two gas tubes, three complete for ends (two sets with heat shields), two name brand milspec trigger groups (hammers, disconnectors, triggers and springs), two charging handles, picatinny riser and more. Palmetto or other would be several hundred dollars and my price was $20 with a Coca-Cola. Have two 16" milspec barrels (one free, other $20) take offs, half dozen $5 to $20 rear stock/buffer assembiles and two uppers without forward assist got for free when people had slick side uppers swapped for forward assist units. Except for lowers and bolt carrier groups, combine this box with previous boxes and have parts to finish two complete rifles using my $33 lowers, $69 bolt carrier groups at under $125 each for total parts cost.

Get junk box like this once or twice a month plus buy lots of milspec parts lots and used barrels off internet and have at least a dozen rifles that final cost without sights or optics were in the $100 to $200 range that are 100% reliable and shoot as well as most of the off rack bargain AR's. Have one AR that except for the lower (paid $20 for them when Mag Tactical was blowing out blems) have zero money in it. That's a $20 AR 15 just because hang around LGS after work and occasional Saturdays doing gun smith work or step behind sales counter when they get busy. Buy a $100 worth of lowers then start gathering milspec take offs and super clearance sales. $200 total cost milspec AR's are relatively easy if you bottom feed off take off parts.
Old September 08, 2017, 15:38   #19
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Just got my box of nickle boron bolt carrier groups from Palmetto. These ae some nice looking parts, chrome finish is unflawed and something about them seems more well executed across the board than most Palmetto BCG's. Out of grins went to their site to see are out of stock on more but have the premium phosphate coated and chrome lined on sale for $79 and waffling on getting a couple more on the way. Have six 6.8 BCG's and eleven 5.56 BCG's in house now waiting builds. One of these new groups plan to drop in a rifle that I know has over 7,000 round count on a mystery bolt carrier as have no idea what it was originally anymore and its a rifle I like to shoot. 14.7" 1:8 hammer forged melonite coated barrel and throat/bore still look crisp. Figure a new BCG would eliminate 50% of the most likely failures and can throw the old BCG in spare pats box.

Also had six SIG AR uppers arrive so sitting fat to build at least a dozen rifles without securing any parts and closer to twenty buying an few odd parts here and there to complete last half dozen. Have been a big proponent of seeing no use for an AR pistol or AR rifle in pistol cartridge forever. Had some 21 round Hi-Power magazines arrive today and when went hoe for lunch took to gun room. opened up fireproof security box store Hi Power magazines in and thee is no room in the end. This is one stack of magazines in the boxes I use to store them

Fireproof but most importantly waterproof for when fire department hoses the house. All out photo albums (negatives and slides all stored in real media safe), spare magazines, small necessities that don't want to waste vault space on go in these. Will notice keys in every one so if a thief were to get in house would open and see nothing but photo albums and rusty metal like this.

To date have fifteen boxes of magazines and need to buy at least a half dozen more but many are in MTM foam lined AR magazine boxes and ammo cans loaded for now. Also have a metal locker full of magazines at work in case house burns. Do not own a Glock, carry a SIG 2022 in 40 Smith (have a passel of them now) and have a few in 9mm as well but just about half dozen mags per pistol and no high capacity beyond factory. What I do have is about half my Hi-Power collection left that didn't sell when first diagnosed with cancer and freaked out. Only included two mags with each pistol sold and mostly sold Belgians and collector versions too nice to shoot.

So I have the KAC pistol buffer system with Slash heavy Buffer and pistol brace that was given to me. Since have an stoopid amount of 20, 21, 30 and 32 round 9 mm Hi-power magazines. A gazillion standard capacity and even a pile of 10 rounders for ban purposes the idea struck me to finally build an AR pistol in a pistol cartridge that uses all these Hi-power magazines. Could stack out a Lightweight NIJ Level 3+ vest with a pair of Hi-Powers on board and a gazillion high power magazines then have the 9mm AR 15 with say a 12.5" barrel and match threads on all three guns to use the same suppressor or at least have one for the rifle and one to switch between the pistols. Saw a rig that allows 24 32 round 9mm mags to go across bottom of standard molle vest.

That's 768 rounds and with some mounted in other locations and a bag of mags over the shoulder could hit the ground running with a suppressed AR, pair of Hi-Powers and over 1,000 rounds of ammo. Build the rifle with a binary trigger, load all the magazines with special threat ammo that shreds Level 3a soft armor and stash under seat of the truck for the day have to fight your way home after the balloon goes up. Anyone built an AR that uses Hi-Power mags? Any special obstacles?
Old September 08, 2017, 18:06   #20
sharkey
Registered

FALaholic #: 77489
Very nice Huey
sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 08, 2017, 21:53   #21
fnogger
Registered

FALaholic #: 51053
You gonna do a drop in block for a 556 magwell or do a dedicated magwell?

Seems to me that the tricky part will be getting mag feed angle right and getting mag latch cut out lined up

Just for arguments sake, I'll mention that Iver Johnson made a M1 Carbine in 9mm that took BHP mags....
Old September 09, 2017, 01:47   #22
squid8286
Registered

Quote:
Go to Centerfire System and at least buy a three pack of the Mag Tactical billet magnesium lowers for $99. I usually get a half dozen to a dozen at a time but lowers take up little space to store and a are the heart of a "rifle". When next panic hits if have just a few lowers put back it will be a worthy investment. Stopped in LGS yesterday and after cleaning up the gun smith counter and pidddling around had this box.

Was a total of four delta ring assemblies with end caps, two F front sight towers, two gas tubes, three complete for ends (two sets with heat shields), two name brand milspec trigger groups (hammers, disconnectors, triggers and springs), two charging handles, picatinny riser and more. Palmetto or other would be several hundred dollars and my price was $20 with a Coca-Cola. Have two 16" milspec barrels (one free, other $20) take offs, half dozen $5 to $20 rear stock/buffer assembiles and two uppers without forward assist got for free when people had slick side uppers swapped for forward assist units. Except for lowers and bolt carrier groups, combine this box with previous boxes and have parts to finish two complete rifles using my $33 lowers, $69 bolt carrier groups at under $125 each for total parts cost.

Get junk box like this once or twice a month plus buy lots of milspec parts lots and used barrels off internet and have at least a dozen rifles that final cost without sights or optics were in the $100 to $200 range that are 100% reliable and shoot as well as most of the off rack bargain AR's. Have one AR that except for the lower (paid $20 for them when Mag Tactical was blowing out blems) have zero money in it. That's a $20 AR 15 just because hang around LGS after work and occasional Saturdays doing gun smith work or step behind sales counter when they get busy. Buy a $100 worth of lowers then start gathering milspec take offs and super clearance sales. $200 total cost milspec AR's are relatively easy if you bottom feed off take off parts.
I have a good supply of parts, along with a few spare lowers. Just not nearly as much extra as you do!
Old September 09, 2017, 18:26   #23
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid8286 View Post
I have a good supply of parts, along with a few spare lowers. Just not nearly as much extra as you do!
That just from and hour of organizing bench at LGS. I have an entire room at work dedicated to AR 15 parts inventory. Also have a room of FAL parts and builds. Inventory of both reached a point where the gun assembly room got too confusing so split AR's and FAL's into separate offices. Have one safe of uppers, one safe of lowers and safe of FAL uppers and AR bolt carrier groups. Am purposely slowing my building as once I finish rifles need more gun safes that will hold completed builds. I had thought by now would be rolling in cash from selling the darn things following Hitlary's win. Now I have another term or two before liberals get the Executive branch back, sign an order and triple or quadruple price of a basic AR. Can't wait till they figure out can put a per round tax on ammunition like the per gallon tax on fuel. They don't have to touch Second Amendment. Add a $1 per round tax on ammo then shooting sports, recreational shooting and plinking will be for the super rich only. Why I keep a decades loaded ammo and a decades reloading supplies in inventory. Just one Executive Order and can add $20 per box of rifle ammo and $50 per box of handgun ammo. It really wouldn't affect majority of gun owners as many buy a handgun, box of ammo and couple of years later still have rounds in original box? People like me, it could be life changing. A dime per primer tax, $10 per pound of powder and reloads are hurting as well. Can't believe dot gov already done that as they like tax revenue.
Old September 09, 2017, 20:32   #24
Riversidesports
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
That just from and hour of organizing bench at LGS. I have an entire room at work dedicated to AR 15 parts inventory. Also have a room of FAL parts and builds. Inventory of both reached a point where the gun assembly room got too confusing so split AR's and FAL's into separate offices. Have one safe of uppers, one safe of lowers and safe of FAL uppers and AR bolt carrier groups. Am purposely slowing my building as once I finish rifles need more gun safes that will hold completed builds. I had thought by now would be rolling in cash from selling the darn things following Hitlary's win. Now I have another term or two before liberals get the Executive branch back, sign an order and triple or quadruple price of a basic AR. Can't wait till they figure out can put a per round tax on ammunition like the per gallon tax on fuel. They don't have to touch Second Amendment. Add a $1 per round tax on ammo then shooting sports, recreational shooting and plinking will be for the super rich only. Why I keep a decades loaded ammo and a decades reloading supplies in inventory. Just one Executive Order and can add $20 per box of rifle ammo and $50 per box of handgun ammo. It really wouldn't affect majority of gun owners as many buy a handgun, box of ammo and couple of years later still have rounds in original box? People like me, it could be life changing. A dime per primer tax, $10 per pound of powder and reloads are hurting as well. Can't believe dot gov already done that as they like tax revenue.
Been tried again and again. The main advocate used to be Daniel Patrick Monynihan who started championing huge ammo Sin taxes starting in the 70s. His reasoning was simple headed...the 2nd Amendment only protected Arms, not ammo
Fat Pat's favorite bitch dyke Hillary Clinton loved the notion as did Josh Sugarman of the Violence Policy Center.

Thing was and remains even most liberal Democrats know that such a taxation scheme would face immediate Constitutional review. It might have been doable in the 70s when it was first proposed, no chance today or for the forseeable future. Shit even Bernie Sanders opposed this kind of taxation agenda.

Obama tried some slick shit. All he did was to create a paranoia that ended up selling more military pattern rifles than ever before to more gun owners than ever before. Complete backfire, even Sandy Hook and Bloombergs billions have had only impacts in a handful of fringe lunatic States.
Most Liberals these days are awfully careful mouthing off about further infringements of RKBA.

Fat Pat's proposals fell on death ears, too broad of an effect. Walked through a small show today. Guy had 1000 round cans of Magtech 5.56mm for $349, probably could have got them for $325.00

Thing is such a tax has to run through Congress, can't be done with a damn pen and with millions of $$$ involved in that industry it's just not very likely it gets much traction from DC fatcats.

Now on the OPs original question regarding preban era Colts.
Those will ALWAYS retain an enhanced valuation.
Why ?
1st it's the silly Pony on the lower
2nd, they are much better quality builds than the current trash.

on HBAR Match rifles, Colt started eliminating the bayo lug early on. A bayo wasn't seen as something needed on a Service Match rifle. Had nothing to do with any capitulation to either HW Bush or Clinton. Later they did the sear block under BATF advisement during the Clinton era.
Funny shit here...
most of the HBARs with lugs are "fakes". Folks were buying Colt FSBs and just replacing them. I did a number back then...OOOOH LOOK it has the dreaded bayonet lug crap
and assholes just ate it up like a shit sandwich.

in any event a clean Green Label HBAR Match is a thousand buck plus gun all day long, mostly plus. No they won't get the attention they once did. Not when you can buy ARs well under $500 new or build one up for half or less of that if you shop.
Many FFLs don't realize these things. For example a cousin picked up an early 70s SP1 last month at his local pawn shop for $500 out the door still in the box. Very lightly used.

Another way to view this matter is through the differential between a well used Series 80 Colt 1911 and say a new base model 1911. You will get twice the cash for the kinda worn one with the Pony on the slide then you will for the brand new one. Hell Pops unloaded a beater Colt Combat Commander with pin prick pitting under the factory Nickel for $925.00 to another vendor.
Clean Gold Cups bring far more cashola than brand new Custom Kimbers.

It's never been the parts, it's always been that idiot Pony.

These days I'd figure a preban HBAR Match, a non sear blocked rifle in clean shape is worth buying in the $800 range which should be considered a wholesale valuation.
The bayo lug BS is really meaningless except to certain AR fagz on ArfCom very few of whom likely have the cash in pocket to buy really anything.
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 09, 2017, 23:24   #25
squid8286
Registered

I was never too interested in getting a Colt during the ten-year ban. Too many bullshit features (sear block, .174 hammer and trigger pins.) And the odd pins have been around right up until recently. I had a 6920 a few years back that I sold just because of the oddball pins. I have two now that are 2016 produced, and they are rid of most of the earlier BS. Colt still mills off the safety lever stops on semi-auto receivers, and I cannot figure out why. I much prefer a BCM to a Colt, but I have a couple of the Colts "just because."
Old September 10, 2017, 01:20   #26
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
Quote:
Already a gun/ammo tax in Seattle, WA.

Buy all the AR's and parts you can afford these days.
Even if you aren't into AR's, it's all money in the bank later.

LPK's and BCG's always go fast in a drought.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2017, 04:14   #27
Riversidesports
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan Raider View Post
Already a gun/ammo tax in Seattle, WA.

Buy all the AR's and parts you can afford these days.
Even if you aren't into AR's, it's all money in the bank later.

LPK's and BCG's always go fast in a drought.
Well the rest of us gave up on OreGONED fags and Washington Sissies
Stupendous folks in both States who trusted a vote over Hippie Sticks.

Had to do the gun scene in WA
gotta be a member of the Washington Arms Collecrtors ASSN. to even lay fingers on most shitheads' guns

now contrast that to very Liberal MN, handguns & rifles cash & carry
saw it earlier today at show. Kimber Custms, FN 5.7s, ect private sale.

Technically you are supposed to see a permit...LOL !!!

another ignored "law"
Old September 10, 2017, 20:33   #28
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I pay extra for the Pony. Put a Gold Cup on layaway last week. Original finish in good condition and no gouges. Has been modified with some aftermarket parts but have everything to put it back original appearance old school. Even have two sets of new in wrapped correct wood grips if it cleans up enough to warrant a perfect set of grips. Always looking for SP1's on secondary market from folks that think an AR is just an AR and has to be Daniel Defense, Noveske or Wilson to be special.
Old September 11, 2017, 15:48   #29
Riversidesports
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I pay extra for the Pony. Put a Gold Cup on layaway last week. Original finish in good condition and no gouges. Has been modified with some aftermarket parts but have everything to put it back original appearance old school. Even have two sets of new in wrapped correct wood grips if it cleans up enough to warrant a perfect set of grips. Always looking for SP1's on secondary market from folks that think an AR is just an AR and has to be Daniel Defense, Noveske or Wilson to be special.
meh'
Daniel Defense, Noveske or Wilson are nothing all that special except to their fanbois. Facts are a rank retard can build match grade ARs particularly these days. If I am going to pay for name, make mine the Pony.

I mostly carried Gold Cups back when I carried...usually with 1/4 engraving and custom Ivory scales. Back then I didn't have CCW and the quickest way to make an unlawful carry charge never happen was packing a piece the popo wanted to retain personally.
lost two custom Colt Gold Cups this way on different traffic stops in Minneapolis back during the 80s.

Carry common crap you likely get a case, mine were designed to raise wood.
Guns are insta' bribes providing they are the right gun at the right time with the right Officer and you are not an ass.

Last one I lost was a 4" custom M29 S&W
B scale engraved blue gun with some Gold inlay. Magnaported with custom grips. I had just cracked a young brother's skull with it, piece still in hand when popo spotlighted me. At least a grands worth of custom steel way back then. Older Sargent took it off me, questioned me briefly about the piece and the limp negro a few yards away then told me to Git. I bought it back a few years later at a Twin Cities show he popped into to.

Trust me no one will give you this deference over a cheap ass Gluck
Old September 11, 2017, 18:23   #30
spider991
Registered

FALaholic #: 35820
I just got a complete 308 lower half and a complete upper with ch and bcg, bought separate cost 569.00free shipping....full 308 ar with mlock for 569.00....of course I replaced the stock and grip but how can you beat that deal....from PSA. Rook her out and zeroed with magpul mbus before I tack an optic and it shoot like a champ! 5 different types of surplus and 168 fed match..fed perfect.....my point is all that fr 569.....these ARE the days we will look back on abd say man I shoulda bought back then...don't sell now, buy
spider991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2017, 14:35   #31
fly2.0
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 79608
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider991 View Post
I just got a complete 308 lower half and a complete upper with ch and bcg, bought separate cost 569.00free shipping....full 308 ar with mlock for 569.00....of course I replaced the stock and grip but how can you beat that deal....from PSA. Rook her out and zeroed with magpul mbus before I tack an optic and it shoot like a champ! 5 different types of surplus and 168 fed match..fed perfect.....my point is all that fr 569.....these ARE the days we will look back on abd say man I shoulda bought back then...don't sell now, buy
Agree 100% ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Buy NOW .........

** Buy the Best / Don't mess with the Rest **

==================================
fly2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote