Soak The Rich : the home game

Enjoy!
http://soaktherich.us/
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 20:58   #2
gates
Registered

FALaholic #: 129
Yeah... entitlements consume about $2T of the $2.2T we currently take in - all the stuff on that list is discretionary - about $1.5T...
gates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 22:15   #3
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
WHAT,

gates your gonna touch boomers entitlements? I hope your wearing a fireproof and bulletproof outfit.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2012, 22:44   #4
gates
Registered

Bro - I am so bullet proof you might as well call me Slick W.:-) why do you think "ears" doubled down on rev's from $800BB to $1.6T - the dumbshit actually thinks he has a mandate when 23 (now 50) states have "I WANT TO SECEDE" (as dumb as the idea is) flashing on the WH servers - there WILL be war - maybe, if it doesn't conflict with Sunday, Monday, Thursday night football - revolution is damn inconvenient... have to get back to you.

Last edited by gates; November 14, 2012 at 23:32.
Old November 14, 2012, 23:26   #5
Seaweed
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 2736
Thorack, you are a piece of work.
Seaweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 08:38   #6
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

Seaweed,

Truth hurts dont it? Are you one of the average boomers that has less than $10,000 saved for retirement? Do you have the means to live securely in retirement without taking any government money? If so my 18 month old daughter thanks you, if not your an ill prepared leach that needs to get back to work. No more hippie free love and drug experiments, sorry. Time to pay the piper.

Why is it my generation can see Social Security is a Ponzi scheme but yours couldnt?

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.

Last edited by Thorack; November 15, 2012 at 18:08.
Old November 15, 2012, 09:38   #7
rbswyo
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 36187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorack View Post
Seaweed,

Truth hurts dont it? Are you one of the average boomers that has less than $10,000 saved for retirement? Do have the means to live securely in retirement without taking any government money? If so my 18 month old daughter thanks you, if not your an ill prepared leach that needs to get back to work. No more hippie free love and drug experiments, sorry. Time to pay the piper.

Why is it my generation can see Social Security is a Ponzi scheme but yours couldnt?

Thorack
says the career gov. bureaucrat.
rbswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 09:55   #8
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

Hmmm,

Bureaucrat? You must need a dictionary. You must be an ignorant boomer leach as well?

Thorack

Old November 15, 2012, 10:11   #9
carguym14
Registered

FALaholic #: 13162
Shit,with 0.000% interest my retirement isn't earning squat,and inflation is reducing what I do have on a steady basis,so we are all screwed.

There is no fixing this mess.Period.

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

When is it time to pick up your rifle?
When your conscience cannot abide to see it unused.
1gewehr 8/3/05
carguym14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 11:11   #10
rbswyo
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 36187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorack View Post
Hmmm,

Bureaucrat? You must need a dictionary. You must be an ignorant boomer leach as well?

Thorack
ignorant leach.
since my enlistment ended with discharge in '79, i have not received subsidized food, clothing, shelter, insurance, travel, education, etc., etc. or anything else from the government. nor did i care to.
quite the opposite, i have been forced, under threat of fine or jail, to support what you call the ponzi for the last 35 years.
rap your head against the wall a few times, maybe you'll wake up.
rbswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 13:15   #11
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39460
Military leech example:
Not to detract from my Bro-in-aw's illustrious career in AF (Korea VN fighter pilot
, astronaut, test pilot) .Retired Full bird at 20 years! Didn't want next step .He's now 84, been collecting full benefits for 40+ years!
Diagnostic medical tests only for him and my sister around $475,000 last year alone.
For what he contributed to the country I have no problem with the number. But I have a problem as a boomer being FORCED to contribute to a ponzi scheme then being criticized for being "greedy". As a business owner and worker for 50 years so far, it's my damn money and I want it when I'm ENTITLED to it ,as promised. And I have a bit more than $10 k in assets.
Gary Harwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 13:46   #12
Seaweed
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

Thorack, you are a typical internet whiner that doesn't know squat about the person you are commenting on. I would guess that I pay more in state and federal taxes than you make as a salary, if you work. I know I got into the fishing business when I found out my father-in-law was paying more in taxes than I was making. Sure I had to work 100+ hours a week for a couple of decades to get where I am but I was young then...

The answer to your first q is no.

The answer to your second q is yes.

I'm still working at age 67 at three jobs. Somebody has to pay for Obama's folly. Are you helping?
Old November 15, 2012, 14:06   #13
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

Seaweed,

I pay my taxes like every good citizen, glad that you make enough money to be happy, I know I do as well.

As far as Social Security I fully dont expect to get any and wont take it even if offered, my savings plan attests to the fact, besides others that are worse off than me will need it. If you dont need it and it sounds like you dont, why take it?

Its insurance, not a retirement plan. If your a good driver you dont ask for your car insurance money back?

rbswyo,

I pay as well, like I said, fully realizing it will probably not be there if I ever need it. I dont plan on needing it though as I fully believe I will be working until well into my 70's just like my parents are and their parents did. Social Security needs a means test, if you make over $xx,xxx you dont get any. If you are taking other government benefits, that gets subtracted from whatever you were supposed to get from Social Security.

Social Security when created in the 40's was aimed for the last 7 years of life, average life expectency was 72 in 1944, average lifespan in the US today is 82. Do the math.

Lets not even talk about medicare where the average boomer takes out $5 for every $1 they put in. This country is coming to a grinding halt soon and the blame wont be on young folks.

Gary Harwell,

Again I'm working for a military pension but, my wife and I doubt it will be there when I retire in 5 years. Just like your BIL I paid my dues 24 months in Iraq and 3 in Afghanistan. I dont think I'll ever see a pension though. If I do it will be a fraction of its real value because of inflation.

Thorack

Last edited by Thorack; November 15, 2012 at 18:55.
Old November 15, 2012, 14:23   #14
gates
Registered

You guys will all get your checks - they just won't buy anything...
Old November 15, 2012, 15:29   #15
Seaweed
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

My car insurance company never said I would get my premiums back; the gov did say I would get my SS dollars back. I put in $ starting in the '60s and continue to this day. If I put in a dollar in 1965, how much should that dollar be worth today? Is it unreasonable to expect five dollars back for every dollar put in tn the '60s and '70s?

BTW thank you for your service. I only had one year deployed; I can't even imagine three or more deployments of any length.

I DO support rate changes that reflect the ACTUAL costs that we Boomers are inflicting on society in the form of higher rates for higher income people. My heartburn with paying for the huge amount of waste the gov is ignoring. You youngsters should be making noise about that, but I hear next to nothing from you. Why is that?
Old November 15, 2012, 17:29   #16
gates
Registered

Sea - what part of this are you not understanding:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...g-fiscal-cliff

The $ is not there - you have been lied to, you have been a victim of a government sponsored ponzi - we all have - so, you can either embrace austerity (which won't work) OR you can accept the $ being inflated away to nothing (won't work) - they are trying the latter BTW - either way you should get ready for a drastically different standard of living since we have borrowed/stolen ours since the early 80's.

Sorry... everything I just wrote is the exact truth.
Old November 15, 2012, 20:58   #17
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
Anybody who thinks S.S. would ever go into a special 'lockbox' to just be for that purpose, is just plain self decieved. Politicians WILL NEVER leave taxpayer money alone, it's just a fact of life. Hell, even FDR knew it would not last very long.
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 21:54   #18
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Anybody would be silly to put money into a retirement fund at this juncture. Remember Crazy Ann? If you can't stand there and defend it with an assault rifle...
Any retirement you imagine you own is just ones and zeros on a server,nothing more..
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2012, 22:33   #19
gates
Registered

Your "segregated funds" will be "Corzined" when this farce unwinds - POOF and... it's gone! Just don't come to this econ forum and act shocked - you collectively have been warned in no uncertain terms - only leave what you can afford to lose.
Old November 16, 2012, 05:57   #20
RG Coburn
Registered

I foresee them cleaning out the whole house when the "POOF" happens...bank accounts,Roths,401Ks,annuities,IRAs, you name it.
Old November 16, 2012, 10:32   #21
gates
Registered

Poof is your segregated funds being swept into their general acct to cover margin calls - then it ends up at JPM and you end up with a zero in your account, EVERYONE is in danger of being "Corzined".
Old November 16, 2012, 11:37   #22
RG Coburn
Registered

I would not be surprised if obama had some super-secret exec order all ready that made himself or the fedgov beneficiary of all life insurance policies at some particular tripping point. Or just tax them at a rate of 99%.....
Old November 16, 2012, 12:14   #23
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gates View Post
there WILL be war - maybe, if it doesn't conflict with Sunday, Monday, Thursday night football - revolution is damn inconvenient... have to get back to you.
The revolution will not be televised.
-Gil Scott Heron
Old November 16, 2012, 12:25   #24
Exit308
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texgunner View Post
The revolution will not be televised.
-Gil Scott Heron
Sure it will, at first anyway, and with a pro.gov bias.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2012, 12:29   #25
Exit308
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
It's kinda funny, some talk of revolution but when a diminutive lady literally tries to pick a fight and start one some of you call her "batshit crazy" and not very sexy.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2012, 12:37   #26
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
Sure it will, at first anyway, and with a pro.gov bias.
You are right.
Old November 16, 2012, 12:56   #27
Seaweed
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

Gates, I agree with most of what you say.

I just think a huge amount of money is wasted by fraud and unnecessary administration costs. Eliminate these and there might be possibilities...

Yes, I am ready for a more lean lifestyle.
Old November 16, 2012, 13:17   #28
gates
Registered

Agreed - some estimates I have heard go as high as 30% - 30% fuking percent WASTE and fraud - problem is our politicians - all of them - are in on the game.
Old November 24, 2012, 01:37   #29
TheDanimal
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 25945
Quote:
Originally Posted by gates View Post
Agreed - some estimates I have heard go as high as 30% - 30% fuking percent WASTE and fraud - problem is our politicians - all of them - are in on the game.

And no one wants to hear it or especially talk about it, but so are a lot of people in the military.
TheDanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2012, 08:24   #30
bakerjw
Registered

FALaholic #: 22547
I've always known that SS will never be worth a squat when I get old enough to even consider retirement. That's why I plan on working for the rest of my life.
Old November 24, 2012, 10:31   #31
L1A1rocker
Registered

FALaholic #: 12294
Has anyone but me checked every box and looked at the results? It's staggering.
L1A1rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2012, 10:46   #32
RG Coburn
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1A1rocker View Post
Has anyone but me checked every box and looked at the results? It's staggering.
Yes....it doesn't matter how much you give them. They will only demand MORE..
Best thing to put retirement money into now is diesel fuel,or nails,or plywood,or tires,or...anything but make-believe funds.
Old November 26, 2012, 21:47   #33
riffraff2
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 54720
Well,

I know it ain't right and I know it ain't fair, but, after seeing all what the rich/connected/powerful/elite have done over all these years, I have come around a bit, soak em, soak em good, take everything they got cause they are a bunch of scumbags. Take the markets right now, does anyone believe that the markets are not rigged? Does anyone really believe that the markets have never ever been anything other than a rigged game. The problem is: I don't trust the current folks in power to do the right thing. They will just play 'popularism' take from the 'haves', pocket it and everything will be back to the usual. The Bolshevick(SP) revolution is the blueprint.
riffraff2 is offline   Reply With Quote