The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > RKBA & Legal

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 11, 2013, 16:11   #1
FactoryNew
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 19318
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: western NC
Posts: 45
solution for safer schools

Implement a nationwide program to train select individuals for concealed carry. Individuals would include anyone on that schools payroll.

Leave it to the schools discretion whether anyone actually carries or not

Post adequate notifications indicating that there are concealed carried personnel on premises at every school.

Even if only 5% of schools in any given state actually have concealed carry personnel on premises, the threat or deterrent indicated by 100% notification would be enough to advert psychopathic cowards from committing crimes. In other words you may only have 20 people state-wide that actually carry, but because of the fact that they are concealed, the idiots wouldn't have a clue whether or not it is safe to pursue an idiotic rampage. History has proven over and over that these people will not carry out their action if they feel they will be met with force.

This, of course, is an alternative to having open carry armed guards on campus. In this case it would be very easy for anyone with bad intentions to avoid these schools and search instead for others schools devoid of an easily identifiable threat (armed guards).
FactoryNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2013, 16:34   #2
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 1,609
Solution:
1. Sanction armed citizens, with the exact same sanction PLEOs already have (call it a "supercarry" permit).
2. Abolish gun free zones.

PLEOs claim sanction to carry handguns because they need those handguns to protect themselves (...from their "customers"),

Clearly, since it is not PLEOs that the are target of these sorts of massacres, but rather people who are not PLEOs, then PLEOs dont need their sanctioned handguns any more than the rest of us, since we are the actual target.
G1user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2013, 18:27   #3
thunderchicken
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 7650
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,363
How 'bout this. Install lightning rods at every school. The chances of getting killed in a mass shooting and being hit by lightning are about the same. Take lightning out of the picture and from a risk of death stand point you've cancelled the effect of all mass shootings.
thunderchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2013, 21:22   #4
reganhouse
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
reganhouse's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 67141
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oak Hill, Virginia
Posts: 155
Sky marshall analogs

I like this suggestion. Uncertainty is a significant weapon and deterrent to the ill-intentioned. That is one of the reasons nightime burglaries in the U.S. are much less likely than in places like Great Britain. The burglars know they might just run into someone with a gun-as cowards, they don't want that. It also underlies the concept behind the sky marshalls.

Other advantages include signficant potential cost savings, local decision making on how, where and whether it would be implemented, and the ability to select the best individual for the job and give him/her adequate training. Finally, this approach would be less likely to alarm parents and students as it flies 'under the radar'.

I'd really like to see this suggestion or something like it being given some serious discussion in the school shooting safety debate.
__________________
I can get you a toe.
reganhouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2013, 22:36   #5
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by reganhouse View Post
....Other advantages include signficant potential cost savings, local decision making on how, where and whether it would be implemented, and the ability to select the best individual for the job and give him/her adequate training.....
If we are going to put a "dollar value" on this, then fine:
I value the life of just one of the 2 dozen KIA in sandy hook to be worth more than all the "government" in this country collectively added together; if I have to choose, then I choose "life"; I choose to pink slip each and every government employee, therefore, abolishing all of their institutional gun-free zones, and instead - at long last - sanctioning armed citizens to defend ourselves costs us not one dime in additional funding, as well as nullify the justification of thousands of PLEO jobs, and countless regulations, prosecutions, revenue generation, etc.

The oligarchs had their chance, and their "gun-free zone" was the best they could come up with, and it failed utterly (once again, and to no ones' real surprise), so the time has come to shit can their agenda once and for all, and reclaim that which is ours.
G1user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2013, 11:12   #6
FactoryNew
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 19318
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: western NC
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by reganhouse View Post
I like this suggestion. Uncertainty is a significant weapon and deterrent to the ill-intentioned. That is one of the reasons nightime burglaries in the U.S. are much less likely than in places like Great Britain. The burglars know they might just run into someone with a gun-as cowards, they don't want that. It also underlies the concept behind the sky marshalls.

Other advantages include signficant potential cost savings, local decision making on how, where and whether it would be implemented, and the ability to select the best individual for the job and give him/her adequate training. Finally, this approach would be less likely to alarm parents and students as it flies 'under the radar'.

I'd really like to see this suggestion or something like it being given some serious discussion in the school shooting safety debate.
thanks, yes it is a good idea and i really like what you have to say as well ( no homo).
FactoryNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2013, 11:18   #7
JasonB
Banned
 
FALaholic #: 7430
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 90 N 0 W
Posts: 11,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by FactoryNew View Post
Implement a nationwide program to train select individuals for concealed carry. Individuals would include anyone on that schools payroll.

Leave it to the schools discretion whether anyone actually carries or not

Post adequate notifications indicating that there are concealed carried personnel on premises at every school.

Even if only 5% of schools in any given state actually have concealed carry personnel on premises, the threat or deterrent indicated by 100% notification would be enough to advert psychopathic cowards from committing crimes. In other words you may only have 20 people state-wide that actually carry, but because of the fact that they are concealed, the idiots wouldn't have a clue whether or not it is safe to pursue an idiotic rampage. History has proven over and over that these people will not carry out their action if they feel they will be met with force.

This, of course, is an alternative to having open carry armed guards on campus. In this case it would be very easy for anyone with bad intentions to avoid these schools and search instead for others schools devoid of an easily identifiable threat (armed guards).
Just repeal the anti-gun laws. They aren't working as claimed anyway although a logical person would suspect they are working as intended.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2013, 11:42   #8
cowbilly
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 2908
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: MS, USA
Posts: 1,038
Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Many schools where I live have had dedicated armed deputies/officers in the schools for the last couple of years. The state is currently trying to expand the program and there is a push to train (and allow them to carry [yeah, I know]) administrators/teachers to save money (as opposed to paying LE to stay at the school all day, obviously not enough police to cover every school). It has been effective as we have had no incidents since the Pearl HS shooting (the one were the principal used a handgun to stop the shooter) but you won't hear about that or the success of the program.
cowbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2013, 00:45   #9
TheOtherTinMan
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 28548
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,428
TheOtherTinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2013, 00:50   #10
TheOtherTinMan
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 28548
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,428
Seriously, though... as a home schooling parent I have NO interest in paying MORE tax money to FURTHER convert the local public fool... er, school system into a level4 supermax type program, replete with guard towers, triple concertina, minefields, or whatever else the 'let's just militarize everyone and everything EXCEPT the peasants' crowd comes up with.

I don't worry about 'school shootings' cause my kids aren't part of the government school system. If parents want to send their children to a level4 supermax day-care center, with all the bells and whistles, go for it. Just don't ask me to help foot more of the bill, please.

Thanks!
TheOtherTinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2013, 00:54   #11
TheOtherTinMan
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 28548
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,428
Oh...and didn't I hear some old timers talk about how they used to take their rifles to school with them?

Anyway, the real solution doesn't involve anything government can do, unless they quit with the Columbine/Aurora/Sandy Hook black ops play book.
TheOtherTinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2013, 13:16   #12
FactoryNew
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 19318
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: western NC
Posts: 45
I think my solution really would work and cost virtually nothing. Not to mention, by nature of my proposal, the government would hardly even be involved in the process.
FactoryNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2012 The FAL Files