The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Class III Files

Notices

Old November 13, 2017, 22:24   #1
grumpy1
Registered

FALaholic #: 72190
Silencerco

So, I was talking to a machinist friend today and he let something slip and thought I would pass it along.
A guy he knows that works there, said that Silencerco is in real trouble. Before the 2016 election Silencerco bought about 30 new CNC machines and started ramping up for what they thought would be a Hillary win with a gun ban soon to follow. It looks like even with 2015/16 bringing in over $100 million they were still over $20 million in the red. Earlier this year they laid off over half their employees and things donít look good.
I havenít confirmed any of this but most of the machinists around know each other. So I think the information is pretty good.
grumpy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 00:05   #2
Falfan2017
Registered

FALaholic #: 79031
I bet the silencer orders dropped off the face of the earth after trump got elected. Also seems like everybody I talk to was waiting for the hpa to pass
Falfan2017 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 01:10   #3
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falfan2017 View Post
I bet the silencer orders dropped off the face of the earth after trump got elected. Also seems like everybody I talk to was waiting for the hpa to pass
Pretty much thought the same thing. I was thinking I would buy a couple or more when the Hearing Protection Act passed. Since the legislation is effectively dead and buried I'm not interested in waiting for several moths or longer on getting "permission" from the Feral government.
Old November 14, 2017, 07:54   #4
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
That was not such a wise move on their part. They hedged and lost. It made no sense to go that long.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017, 23:32   #5
Lee Carpentieri
Registered

FALaholic #: 4936
Silencerco

Yeah, Heard that was going to happen awhile back. Problem is, We have to many real old farts in the Senate and Congress to get anything really good passed concerning firearms or silencers. Silencerco should have leased them with the option to buy them if they really knew what they were doing, I totally agree with meltblown.
Old November 15, 2017, 05:34   #6
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
Well, in the normal world, Silencerco would have made the right gamble about the HPA. The reality is that as long as there is a democrap, rino, or 'journalist' wasting oxygen, it ain't gonna happen.
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017, 08:04   #7
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
That much equipment and name recognition in marketplace will hopefully be absorbed by a larger corporation such as Fostech buying Mag Tactical out of bankruptcy court deal. Hate to see anyone go down but planning on buying a unit from them before end of the year.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote