Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AR Files

Notices

Old April 11, 2018, 21:34   #1
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 66564
Looking for same plane folding sights

I am in the market for same plane metal folding sights for my M&P10. They need to be metal due to the front sight mounts to the gas block which can get hot.
Quality and ruggedness is very important but I don’t want to pay a bazillion bucks for them when a couple of hundred will do. I have no clue.
Your knolegable suggestions please.

Matthew 25:1 thru 25:10 Be ready!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.
Sagerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2018, 22:20   #2
burtman
Union Thug
Contributor

FALaholic #: 62934
For those just starting to look Hey!! start at the bottom and work your way up

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ar-Tactical...wAAOSwn35arYVP

Wow they sure got expensive fast

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00420NE8O...oaderaddict-20

And this part is of no help at all cause it is what I use

https://www.amazon.com/600M-Micro-Fl...words=kac+buis

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...vwHaE7&iss=VSP

Wait you said a couple hundred would do
https://yhm.net/q-d-s-same-plane-sight-system.html

Sorry got a buzz tonight
Old April 11, 2018, 22:37   #3
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

The Yankee Hill Machine units will do just fine I think.
Thanks!
Buzz on my friend!!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.
Old April 11, 2018, 23:28   #4
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
I like these FAB Defense sights from Israel for my nicer builds at $82 avaliable in black, FDE, green and others. Work well ND have found them as cheap as $49 per set but look out for Chinese knock offs of all FAB Defense products. It's quit common so if not shipping from Israel I take a pass.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FAB-Defense...4AAOSw6ShZQqlo

I have purchased a lot of these for my bargain and mid grade builds. Cheap, made of aluminum and work well for $16 to $24. The cheaper ones often ship from China and the more expensive from U.S. made same place but U.S. shipped get to you faster.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Tactical-AR-F....c100005.m1851

The $20 aluminum work, work o.k. but I use the FAB Defense and Matech as much as possible when find at fair price.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Matech-Rear-B...m=292519033471
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2018, 05:49   #5
FALonious
In His Grip
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 51017

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

T. E. Lawrence

FALonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2018, 06:43   #6
badzero
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 65818
Most of what I have, I have put optics on. But, there is part of me that distrusts it so everything gets back up optics. Of the cheap ones that have come across my bench these seem to be the best I have found.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are a little more, but they are what came on the Sig 716 that I briefly owned.

https://www.amazon.com/Samson-Foldin...+backup+sights

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

You can tell it's real because it looks so fake.
Elon Musk February 7, 2018
badzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2018, 08:11   #7
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
Put these on my cheapie build. Well worth the $42 I think, I pull trigger, correct things get holes in them. Mission accomplished.

Sights
jhend170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2018, 08:30   #8
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

For years the Matech cost up to $99 used and more new just for the rear so my guess is seeing so many under $30 is military has surpluses a big pile of them. Slowly putting on many if not eventually all of my F Front sight tower rifles. There are a lot of FAB Defense and Magpul knock offs and they suck. Make sure on either getting the real thing. Bought some guaranteed ARMS sights cheap that showed in boxes marked "air soft only" and total plastic. Luckily when find new vendor with product cheaper than should be buy one unit, then if nice go in heavy day it arrives before they get gone.

FAB Defense and the Matech are all I am buying now but have purchased about three dozen sets of the aluminum flip ups like what I and others have posted in the $19 to $45 price range and seem to all be coming out of the same two or three Chinese plants with different trade names and always assume "U.S. stock" means made in china. Because had almost two dozen rifles with scope and red dot had skipped sights due to economics. Bought one set of the $20ish Chinese aluminum sets from four different vendors picked ones that seemed best and ordered two dozen sets. As deals appear replace them with better in order of quality parts used in each rifle but for now they are good enough for some of the bargain builds.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old April 16, 2018, 14:00   #9
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

Ordered the Yankee Hill Machine today from GP’s favorite site, Midway. $193.xx.

Old April 16, 2018, 15:19   #10
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Order at least once or twice a week from Midway. Last two orders had free schwag included in box. Always click the opt out button on the NRA round up.
Old April 16, 2018, 17:51   #11
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205
did you say plane folding?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6626.jpg (123.0 KB, 17 views)

Has freedom been replaced with Free-Dumb.

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 18:33   #12
fly2.0
Bronze Contributor
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 79608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
did you say plane folding?

*** The Ignore List Works Great ***
*Can't See it,Can't Hear it,And don't have to look at it*

fly2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 21:16   #13
lockjaw
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64904
Best bang for your buck, no Chi-Com crap:

Front: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magpul-MBUS...FEvVjVDuNYAdKQ

Rear: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-...kAAOSwCY9Zrzvs
Old April 17, 2018, 08:33   #14
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post
You use these vendors personally? Have bought Magpul BUIS sights on fleabay where seller had real deal in pictures but what arrived was chinese copies in clear plastic bags. Think the base and main body comes from company that molds Magpul but all the moving parts, rear leaf and front post were crudely molded and fitted plastic. Several vendors selling the real deal at a few dollars savings but been leery of fleabay vendors on Magpul or FAB Defense till seen a part from the vendor. Have a box of knock off Magpul, FAB Defense, KAC, Troy and more knock offs would not put on a rifle but have some "airsoft only" advertised aluminum that when going on rifle with scope and red dot are more than good enough for redundant backup system.

Maybe we should start a list of trusted ebay vendors and known scammers. That way if a deal seems too good can see if seller has done business with a files membe and what their experience was. Have a personal list of "buy from" folk and then key words in listings look for to try and weed out the knock offs. Chinese helmets are flooding fleabay. There are guys who even buy the new Chinese helmets, swap in lightly used USGI chin strap and pads, add a airsoft N Rail, custom paint and drag through dirt enough to call lightly used "RARE MICH Mid Cut Helmet Ops-Core EOG MARSOC SOF JSOC NSW". Buyer usually never knows it's a Chinese helmet that won't stop a 22 rimfire.
Old April 17, 2018, 09:15   #15
lockjaw
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64904
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
You use these vendors personally? Have bought Magpul BUIS sights on fleabay where seller had real deal in pictures but what arrived was chinese copies in clear plastic bags. Think the base and main body comes from company that molds Magpul but all the moving parts, rear leaf and front post were crudely molded and fitted plastic. Several vendors selling the real deal at a few dollars savings but been leery of fleabay vendors on Magpul or FAB Defense till seen a part from the vendor. Have a box of knock off Magpul, FAB Defense, KAC, Troy and more knock offs would not put on a rifle but have some "airsoft only" advertised aluminum that when going on rifle with scope and red dot are more than good enough for redundant backup system.

Maybe we should start a list of trusted ebay vendors and known scammers. That way if a deal seems too good can see if seller has done business with a files membe and what their experience was. Have a personal list of "buy from" folk and then key words in listings look for to try and weed out the knock offs. Chinese helmets are flooding fleabay. There are guys who even buy the new Chinese helmets, swap in lightly used USGI chin strap and pads, add a airsoft N Rail, custom paint and drag through dirt enough to call lightly used "RARE MICH Mid Cut Helmet Ops-Core EOG MARSOC SOF JSOC NSW". Buyer usually never knows it's a Chinese helmet that won't stop a 22 rimfire.

That is what ebay feedback is for. Read the description, check out the pix, and read the feedback. Compare to the seller's competition. Go with the vendor who gives you the most warm fuzzies.

Chi-Com knock-off crap isn't a new thing. Most people with half a brain who buy online already filter for it. Tin foil hats are not needed, just a little common sense.

... and if the buyer does make a hasty purchase without watching the warning signs/feedback, ebay/paypal provide considerably more protection to the buyer than buying from a forum marketplace or most online retailers.

The vendor selling the MAGPUL front sight is well established and deals in high volume, with exceptional feedback.

And yes, I have personally purchased KAC sights from this same guy, these are the real deal.

Last edited by lockjaw; April 17, 2018 at 10:45.
lockjaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2018, 11:34   #16
OMR_RDTandE
Low Speed, High Drag
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4827
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
I had to laugh, since I actually do have a pile of well used MARSOC issue, sitting in the corner of my "safe space". I might need to spend more time out on flea bay. Other than the provenance, it's just used gear. SOF guys were either issued or given a lot of gear that while commercially available, wasn't in the DOD supply chain. By given, I mean a lot of prototype gear for testing purposes, some of which never went into full production. I've seen some strange tactical nylon turn up in the surplus stores around Camp Lejeune.

The rulebook is the last refuge of the incompetent. (With apologies to Isaac Asimov)
OMR_RDTandE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2018, 14:54   #17
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMR_RDTandE View Post
I had to laugh, since I actually do have a pile of well used MARSOC issue, sitting in the corner of my "safe space". I might need to spend more time out on flea bay. Other than the provenance, it's just used gear. SOF guys were either issued or given a lot of gear that while commercially available, wasn't in the DOD supply chain. By given, I mean a lot of prototype gear for testing purposes, some of which never went into full production. I've seen some strange tactical nylon turn up in the surplus stores around Camp Lejeune.
I always hit the pawn shops around Ft Bragg and Benning when near them as well as Polk, Campbell and Knox when up that direction. Every once in a while get lucky and find something like this at fair price which is worth owning for conversation value. If decide to sell any "real" items will be happy to help you put realistic value on them. Always go for more first as can lower price later but don't want to sell too cheap.

Old April 18, 2018, 19:24   #18
maxaks
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76002
I like the magpul pros. Small light easy adjustment. I've had Yankee hill qds and troy battle sights.
maxaks is online now   Reply With Quote