The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Revolver Files

Notices

Old April 15, 2018, 12:54   #1
yarro
Registered

FALaholic #: 28278
Korth Mongoose came in

Picked up my new 6" Korth Mongoose this week. I did not get the extra 9mm cylinder. It is very smooth action wise and the fit is excellent. The DLC finish, which I assume is just Melonite, is uniform and hard. After 250 rounds down range and 1K dry fires, there is still no line on the cylinder. Double action pull is short, light, and easily staged. Single action is light with a glass rod break. When I maintain concentration, I can get 1" groups at 10 yards double action. Actually did that with the first 6 rounds out of it. With the exception of the one guy who thought, "revolvers are a waste". Everyone who has shot it thought it was the best revolver action that they have shot. Hopefully my wife never finds out what I paid for it.

-yarro
Old April 15, 2018, 22:10   #2
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Looks good - except for the hammer, which is a turnoff.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 18:03   #3
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Enjoy, have a 1979 Korth Sport and a 1981 Korth Combat bought at an estate sale in mid 1980's for about the same price as a decent used Smith at the time. Knew they were special but not how special till a week later when took them into Atlanta to find out exactly what they were. Took a lot of potential fun out of them as have sat mostly unhandled since that day but the first week shot the crap out of them. Why I had to start sending wheel guns to custom smiths rest of my life as had seen how a nice gun really shot.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 21:26   #4
yarro
Registered

FALaholic #: 28278
I will shoot it every week. I wore out a Ruger GP100. Ruger had to replace all the inards to get it to work again as it has sentimental value so I want it shootable. I even shoot my #3 of 500 Winchester 1886 takedown. A guy I know who collects Winchesters tries to buy it from me every time he sees me, but I refuse to sell it because it belonged to a friend who passed fifteen years ago. Someday I will go hunt with it.

-yarro
Old April 18, 2018, 09:20   #5
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Sold my 1886 Winchester collection around 2009 to pay big pile of medical bills. Had a 50-100, 45-90, 40-70 and the more common cartridges. Got lucky in mid 1980's when a lot of thing still had not gone crazy expensive and was making good money.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote