Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The HK Files

Notices

Old November 07, 2017, 15:02   #1
pureveggie
Falguync
Contributor

FALaholic #: 24458
Hk 93 ques??? Need immediate help

I've got a hk93 with Arlington va along with Saco also stamped on the reciever ??? What is saco and is this an original hk??? Was Saco the early importer??? Thanks ya'll best fal guy nc
pureveggie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2017, 16:04   #2
mp
Registered

FALaholic #: 654
Yes, original. SACO was importer.
mp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2017, 17:48   #3
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
SACO- HK Inc import transition was 1979-80 IIRC.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science!" -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2017, 08:29   #4
pureveggie
Falguync
Contributor

Fal guy gregg

Thanks guys!! I was told Saco guns hk93 are kinda rare and not that many came in but an old expert friend says that's false ??? This one is in ex cond and they're asking 2850 delivered what's the resale value of such a hk 93 comes stripped down with only one mag no carry handle or bipod but it's a clean looking gun but there are so many ex cond or new guns hk 93 on gunbroker right now and most are not selling I was hoping to resale this one for 3550.00 but I think I'm dreaming😁 Opinions??? Thanks guys?!!!
Old November 08, 2017, 08:48   #5
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Well, if you are buying it for purpose of resale and you are not a licensed dealer, then doing so would be a violation of federal law. I think what you meant to say was that you might be able to buy for your collection at below market value.

Saco guns tend to be blue-gray, while HK tend to be black. This is a pain in the ass when it comes to the refinishing I do for the HK repair department - I haven't yet come up with a consistent match for the Saco blue. I do have VZ58 blue but it's not quite the same.

So if you are buying a bare Saco import, no black accessories will match in color.

In the 91s, I believe the SACOs were the polygonal rifled barrels which is a nice feature.
Old November 08, 2017, 13:58   #6
AGG
Registered

FALaholic #: 27127
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
SACO- HK Inc import transition was 1979-80 IIRC.
Correct--- SACO (1974- early 1980)!!!

Tony
AGG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2017, 14:08   #7
AGG
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
Well, if you are buying it for purpose of resale and you are not a licensed dealer, then doing so would be a violation of federal law. I think what you meant to say was that you might be able to buy for your collection at below market value.

Saco guns tend to be blue-gray, while HK tend to be black. This is a pain in the ass when it comes to the refinishing I do for the HK repair department - I haven't yet come up with a consistent match for the Saco blue. I do have VZ58 blue but it's not quite the same.

So if you are buying a bare Saco import, no black accessories will match in color.

In the 91s, I believe the SACOs were the polygonal rifled barrels which is a nice feature.
Close--- on the HK93's, the black finish was 1974- mid-1976, then the blue-gray finish from mid-1976-1982!!!
Correct--- on the HK91's, polygonal barrels from 1974-1978 (with raised bolt head faces)--- all SACO imports.

Tony
Old November 08, 2017, 14:45   #8
pureveggie
Falguync
Contributor

Fal guy

Thanks for your replies on the hk ques appreciate you fellas
Old November 08, 2017, 21:19   #9
lowprone
Registered

FALaholic #: 9987
When the Turkish HK93 type rifles are imported in greater volume
real HK 93 prices will tumble.
lowprone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2017, 03:16   #10
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
Doubtful. There are enough folks out there that want a “real” HK that I see prices holding steadily (although soft at the moment). In the 1990s and early-2000s with the kit guns and DSAs, Belgian FNs didn’t slip.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science!" -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 09, 2017, 10:02   #11
AGG
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET View Post
Doubtful. There are enough folks out there that want a “real” HK that I see prices holding steadily (although soft at the moment). In the 1990s and early-2000s with the kit guns and DSAs, Belgian FNs didn’t slip.
Agreed--- MKE will capture the more frugal market--- there will still be the demand for an "original" HK!!!

Tony
Old January 09, 2018, 21:43   #12
MJ1
Registered

FALaholic #: 74934
[QUOTE=gunplumber;4499041]Well, if you are buying it for purpose of resale and you are not a licensed dealer, then doing so would be a violation of federal law. I think what you meant to say was that you might be able to buy for your collection at below market value.

So what you are saying is I can not sell my HK collection after 30+ years at currant market value ?

MJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 09, 2018, 22:31   #13
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Quote:
So what you are saying is I can not sell my HK collection after 30+ years at currant market value ?
No, you can sell your collection. However, buying a firearm at below face value with the intent on selling it for profit could be considered a violation if the buyer/seller is not an FFL. Follows the same lines that if you build an AR rifle from scratch with the intent on selling it, that is a violation unless properly licensed.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2018, 11:10   #14
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
tac is right. if the intent is related to generation of income without complying with taxation requirements, it is unlawful.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2018, 13:24   #15
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
I buy a lot of guns and sell a few and even give some away. My personal rule is once I buy a gun and log it into my personal records it is not sold for at least a full year. During 94 Bush Ban and Sandy Hook was selling more than usual but most had been in my collection for a minimum of five years and value exceeded my desire to own anymore. I would not want to show a trend or tendency to buy and resell several guns per year that were owned for a short period of time and have BATFE even have grounds to interpret that I am flipping guns for profit.

I sold a lot of AR's, SKS's, and AK's during Sandy Hook. All of the combloc rifles had owned over 20 years and all were sold through my local FFL no face to face sales. Rules are written in way there is a lot of room to accuse someone of being in the business of selling guns without a license. I know two guys locally that rent tables at gun shows to sell personal guns and buy as many as sell. Expect both of them to be looking for a plea bargain at some point.

During initial years of Bush Ban I had a lot of rifles had not owned long enough to feel comfortable selling. I spent first three years of ban selling magazines letting rifles age as decided which I was more partial towards and wanted to keep and which I was not fond of this willing to sell. Another reason I buy lots of AR lowers and keep buying.

Keep track of all and when pull a lower for a build its usually been in the lower vault aging for at least three years. Thus if build and it's not to my taste when finished but someone else falls in love with it am not selling a rifle built on lower purchased recently. Have three L1a1 uppers and just bought a fourth. The kit am assembling now while intend to keep a long time will have been on books three years when finished. Upper purchased this week do not even have a kit for it yet. Past 30 years have averaged selling one gun for every four to five purchased. That's just purging less desirable firearms from my collection as upgrade. If make a few bucks on a single unit still spending more going out than coming in by large factor.

If decide to go in gun business I will form an LLC, get an FFL, liability insurance and work with my Firearms Trust lawyer who specializes in firearms to stay totally legal and let CPA's handle the books. When most violations say minimum 10 years in prison and $10,000 fine absolutely do not want to have an issue with BATFE. Is making $1,000 on a rifle worth a $10,000 fine plus jail and loss of right to own guns in the future? Be careful!
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote