The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you been screwed?
I never ordered anything from Johnny 75 38.86%
I ordered, and received product timely 56 29.02%
I ordered and received product unacceptably late 9 4.66%
I ordered, and haven't received shit 38 19.69%
I just like stirring shit 12 6.22%
I made multiple orders - one or more arrived late or never arrived 3 1.55%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 17, 2017, 13:56   #651
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangland View Post
Maybe an oxy addiction or something?
That would make sense why he has been behaving squirrelly for at least the last 3 years or so. Show up late or not at all for his own shoots, not delivering work on time, not posting results for his matches, and now this.
hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2017, 01:04   #652
gangland
Registered

FALaholic #: 78148
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel fire desire View Post
\

Has anyone had any luck with ordering through DSA? Does DSA actually have these in stock and on hand? If they drop ship them....Im afraid Ill never get them at this point.
Don't even wanna deal with DSA... Seems like all the US FAL manufacturers have all just gone to shit? what's going on here..?
gangland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2017, 04:41   #653
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
I Hope Johnny shows HERE and tells all what is going on with him.

Johnny always treated me right and the Man deserves to stand up for himself.
Best regards to All in this thread.
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2017, 20:13   #654
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar View Post
That would make sense why he has been behaving squirrelly for at least the last 3 years or so. Show up late or not at all for his own shoots, not delivering work on time, not posting results for his matches, and now this.
Ouch....now that's bad.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich strker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2017, 14:17   #655
fireplug
Registered

FALaholic #: 67410
Any word on anybody receiving their paid for product ?
fireplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2017, 16:48   #656
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL FAL View Post
Johnny always treated me right and the Man deserves to stand up for himself.
Best regards to All in this thread.
The man no longer deserves anything other than maybe a tar-and-feathering and a ride out of town on a rail. He has had all the chance in the world to speak up - look how long this thread has been going on - yet nothing. Not that it would mean much since actions speak much louder than words. I mean, what could he possibly say that would justify how he has fukked over so many people for so long ? Any words he has spoken to individuals seem to be consistent lies anyway.

The only things I wish are 1) that everybody would get their orders or otherwise be made right, and 2) Moses would magically disappear from the world of FALs. Number 2 seems to be well underway.

I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.

The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it. Robert E. Lee
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2017, 20:44   #657
fuel fire desire
Registered

FALaholic #: 71050
Has anyone ordered from DSA (or any other retailer) and received mags?

Last I looked DSA had them listed as "in stock".

I'm curious if they actually have them on hand or if they're being drop shipped.
fuel fire desire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 05, 2017, 21:21   #658
David N.
Registered

FALaholic #: 12778
I had been watching DSA, and they had not shown them as in stock until July 28th. I ordered some that weekend, and they shipped the 31st. I just looked, and all but the FDE FAL mags now show as out of stock. I would trust that to be accurate.
David N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2017, 02:49   #659
Jaxxas
Don't Tread On Me!
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34933
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
The man no longer deserves anything other than maybe a tar-and-feathering and a ride out of town on a rail. He has had all the chance in the world to speak up - look how long this thread has been going on - yet nothing. Not that it would mean much since actions speak much louder than words. I mean, what could he possibly say that would justify how he has fukked over so many people for so long ? Any words he has spoken to individuals seem to be consistent lies anyway.

The only things I wish are 1) that everybody would get their orders or otherwise be made right, and 2) Moses would magically disappear from the world of FALs. Number 2 seems to be well underway.
Well wish in one hand and shit in the other, you don't get to make the decisions, that's God's job.

A golf course is a complete waste of a good rifle range. Jarhead
Jaxxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 08, 2017, 14:02   #660
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxas View Post
Well wish in one hand and shit in the other, you don't get to make the decisions, that's God's job.
Gee, I am really sorry that wishing for something good is such a travesty.

Besides, God doesn't seem to be helping anybody right now, maybe a few good wishes might be like prayers, mmmmm ??

I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.

The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it. Robert E. Lee

Last edited by J. Armstrong; November 08, 2017 at 15:59.
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 23:43   #661
Horseman83
Registered

FALaholic #: 80247
I really wish I had found this site about three months ago. I would have saved money and headache.

Johnny scammed me too. Three months of texts and promises and now nothing. Last "promise" on Nov 29th and now silence.

I first found his mags at DSArms and they work very well. So when I saw his "deal" on-line, I fell for the scam. Thankfully the website is gone so hopefully I will be the last to get ripped off.
Horseman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 00:18   #662
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman83 View Post
I really wish I had found this site about three months ago. I would have saved money and headache.

Johnny scammed me too. Three months of texts and promises and now nothing. Last "promise" on Nov 29th and now silence.

I first found his mags at DSArms and they work very well. So when I saw his "deal" on-line, I fell for the scam. Thankfully the website is gone so hopefully I will be the last to get ripped off.
So Nov. of this year then I say Moses needs too go too prison,he is nothing but a career criminal at this point since this is going on 2 years of STEALING from folks.
Old January 03, 2018, 19:07   #663
Horseman83
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
So Nov. of this year then I say Moses needs too go too prison,he is nothing but a career criminal at this point since this is going on 2 years of STEALING from folks.
And now today, DSArms sends me an e-mail stating the mags I ordered from Johnny are now in stock. So he can ship to DSArms but not the people who paid him months ago.
Old January 04, 2018, 11:16   #664
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman83 View Post
And now today, DSArms sends me an e-mail stating the mags I ordered from Johnny are now in stock. So he can ship to DSArms but not the people who paid him months ago.
Like I said at this point Moses is a criminal,Moses is done with this site,as he knows nobody can be fooled by his hundreds of excuses anymore.
Old January 05, 2018, 17:16   #665
Southern 7.62
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79321
I ordered two 20 round Moses mags from the Moses website last year on January 2, 2017. As of todays date (1/05/2018) I've yet to receive them. I've been in contact with someone (I assume Johnny Moses) through text, phone number (704) 750-9661. I've received replies from this person promising to send me my mags that I paid for on the dates of 7/6, 7/8, and 11/21/2017. Whatever the reason this company isn't sending mine and everyone else's mags that I and we have paid for is just beyond retarded. As far as my humble opinion goes, there's no excuse for this. But blah, blah, rant, rant, life and the corporation goes on. I'll never purchase another product from Moses Mag until I get my product that I paid for. Hope stealing that lousy $63.98 from me is worth F##king your reputation jackass!
Southern 7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2018, 21:00   #666
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern 7.62 View Post
I ordered two 20 round Moses mags from the Moses website last year on January 2, 2017. As of todays date (1/05/2018) I've yet to receive them. I've been in contact with someone (I assume Johnny Moses) through text, phone number (704) 750-9661. I've received replies from this person promising to send me my mags that I paid for on the dates of 7/6, 7/8, and 11/21/2017. Whatever the reason this company isn't sending mine and everyone else's mags that I and we have paid for is just beyond retarded. As far as my humble opinion goes, there's no excuse for this. But blah, blah, rant, rant, life and the corporation goes on. I'll never purchase another product from Moses Mag until I get my product that I paid for. Hope stealing that lousy $63.98 from me is worth F##king your reputation jackass!
Moses could careless,he made off with thousands of dollars of stolen money from customers,I really believe he has sold the trademark and all rights too his magazine company too a Firearm manufacture,so at this point its over with.
Old January 19, 2018, 21:06   #667
jugrunner
Deplorable
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19911
I know where he lives ... anyone that wishes to take a ride up I-85 to SC and a long trip thru the woods can meet him FTF and get a refund ...

he screwed me early on in my dealings here on the files ... I said never again ... all the signs were there for those willing to see the truth ...

sad ......................... !
Old January 20, 2018, 04:03   #668
Texas Jaguar
Registered

FALaholic #: 6874
The whole thing makes no sense what so ever. Why go to all the trouble to design, develop, manufacture and advertise a successful rifle magazine and then defraud customers out of what, five or ten thousand dollars? All while delivering some and then not delivering others? Has he defrauded any one besides FALFILES members? Apparently he came thru to DSA and to a few individuals on FALFILES who were some of the first to order them.

I googled "John Moses" and by far the largest number of hits were for John Moses Browning. I looked at obituaries too for South Carolina without success. Could he be using an alias? Surely this was not some kind of payback to people on the FILES in general and certain individuals specifically? Then there are the promises to deliver on orders. It appears he has been stringing some people along for unexplained diabolical reasons. That's a hell of a lot of trouble to go thru for some kind of payback in my opinion.
Texas Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2018, 13:26   #669
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
At last check Moses was still alive but not well. His business dealings, his home life and health fell apart simultaneously. While I am still hoping that he will recover and make good on all of those broken promises, I realistically don't see it happening. And that is bad, because he made an awesome product that worked.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2018, 00:27   #670
Horseman83
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugrunner View Post
I know where he lives ... anyone that wishes to take a ride up I-85 to SC and a long trip thru the woods can meet him FTF and get a refund ...

he screwed me early on in my dealings here on the files ... I said never again ... all the signs were there for those willing to see the truth ...

sad ......................... !
As I said before, if I would have found this site before I ordered, I would have saved myself a lot of heartache.

I would love to knock on his door and demand either my money or the magazines. 2300 miles is a bit of a drive.

Sad that the State of South Carolina will not even let me file charges on this clown.
Old January 26, 2018, 10:58   #671
Grizz44
Registered

FALaholic #: 79236
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
Like I said at this point Moses is a criminal,Moses is done with this site,as he knows nobody can be fooled by his hundreds of excuses anymore.
It seems to happen to alot of them. They start off good and somewhere along the way they have a meltdown. Remember Gunthsmith Tony?
Grizz44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2018, 11:36   #672
wanneroo
Registered

FALaholic #: 74891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz44 View Post
It seems to happen to alot of them. They start off good and somewhere along the way they have a meltdown. Remember Gunthsmith Tony?
To be successful in business requires abilities many do not have. Some may be able to manufacture a good product, but if you are incompetent at accounting, marketing, customer service, dependability, shipping, etc. you'll fail. Also business requires complete self discipline, which I find few human beings have to a level they can successfully run a business with.
wanneroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2018, 11:39   #673
PBR Streetgang
Registered

FALaholic #: 8684
Quote:
I remember hearing Moses bitching about Tony, at a FAL match.

--Ayn Rand

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-- Robert A. Heinlein

'You have to pinch yourself - a Marxist radical who all his life has been
mentored by, sat at the feet of, worshiped with, befriended, endorsed the
philosophy of, funded and been in turn funded, politically promoted and
supported by a nexus comprising black power anti-white racists, Jew-haters,
revolutionary Marxists, unrepentant former terrorists and Chicago mobsters,
is on the verge of becoming President of the United States. And apparently
it's considered impolite to say so.'
PBR Streetgang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2018, 12:39   #674
SmokeEater2
Old grouchy bastid
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 10990
Quote:

And George Gouger and several others over the years. I'm still pissed off at Gouger though.
SmokeEater2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2018, 01:15   #675
hongkong3
Double G's Personal Troll

FALaholic #: 3565
Piece of shit lying thief Gouger and his "museum quality FAL's"
Lest we forget Gougered (gg erd), German, adj. 1. Slang. Bilked: cheated. 2. To be deceived or tricked. 3. To be deprive of some right or something legally due. 4. Deliberate misleading or deluding, to produce misunderstanding or to prevent someone from knowing the truth 5. To be deceived by a stratagem, often of a petty, crafty, or dishonorable kind.
hongkong3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2018, 21:42   #676
bandido.ep
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 65753
Rata!!

Same here ordered 3 months before presidential election,still waiting on them.
bandido.ep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 07, 2018, 10:09   #677
mp
Registered

FALaholic #: 654
Funny I got an email from DSA in the last week stating they just got a shipment of Moses Mags and they are in stock.
mp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 07, 2018, 11:01   #678
John A
Registered

FALaholic #: 73828
They are showing in stock at dsa. Or at least they were. I don't ever plan on buying any more of them though out of principle.

In fairness, I got my 3 out of the first batch, but after seeing this thread, anyone would be stupid to send money to him.
John A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2018, 19:53   #679
Holmes375
Registered

FALaholic #: 74323
Wow! I've been out of the game for a few years. Sad to see this upon my return. I ordered 6 of his mags when he first launched them. Received them without issue. Got sick myself shortly afterward and spent a couple years in and out of chemo & rad treatment. I understand life changing medical issues and the like but ducking the customers whom paid up front in good faith is pretty hard to excuse.

I lost much of my finances during the illness given the medical expenses and all the associated costs of treatment that insurance policies don't help with. Took me two years to get square with the world money wise but I did do it.

I like the Moses mags a lot but I believe the 6 I have will be it for me. If John somehow shows up and gets square with folks then further I'd see it differently. The ball of honor is in his court.
Old February 24, 2018, 20:42   #680
Aeroscout
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 67625
Unsubscribed from the thread that refuses to die. I'm out yo.

Peace
Old February 25, 2018, 10:36   #681
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 18465
As a struggling optimist, I check this thread once in a while in the fading hope that the right thing has been done and those screwed over have resolution.

I have no dog in this fight howsomever.
Old February 25, 2018, 12:31   #682
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
Wow! I've been out of the game for a few years. Sad to see this upon my return. I ordered 6 of his mags when he first launched them. Received them without issue. Got sick myself shortly afterward and spent a couple years in and out of chemo & rad treatment. I understand life changing medical issues and the like but ducking the customers whom paid up front in good faith is pretty hard to excuse.

I lost much of my finances during the illness given the medical expenses and all the associated costs of treatment that insurance policies don't help with. Took me two years to get square with the world money wise but I did do it.
(Trim)
Went down similar road but what made it worse was had 11 and 13 year full time experienced employees that everytime I went to doctor or just couldn't ride herd basically sat down for mjority of two years I was fighting broken back, neck and cancer. Luckily had two part timers that would keep them busy and motivated the two to three days per week. God was trying to tell the docs had a bigger issue so kept getting whacked in motor vehicle and tower accidents till a sharp radiologist saw the brain tumor on the edge of a scan following broken neck. Wife usually stepped in and cracked the whip if I was travelling but with me hurt and sick was taking care of me. About the time I got better she went down and I had to start caring for her.

Business had to be readjusted as we went along but every job taken was completed somehow. All the deductibles, copays and treatments insurance didn't cover got paid though took four years. I understand hurt, sick, lazy employees but as a business owner without production no money comes in. This is my guess what happened with Moses. Was sick, had family issues but nothing put back to pull from during the bad times. Thus sold product he couldn't deliver to cover his expenses. Odds are DSA got theirs because had lawyers and likely the ones possibly buying his operation. Unfortunately I paid the two lazy full timers out of my savings for two years before figured them out and fired them. Then I had to crawl out of bed, get a walker and go to work with my part timers along with letting some accounts go so could keep up with ones we kept.

People assume a small business can run without the owner. For those of you that are small operations that make decent money but do majority of bids, work, billing, accounting and overall management yourself remember after age 40 to 50 all bets are off on health. Are you positioned to miss a year or more of work? Most small business owners can't file disability on the company we own, most can't get unemployment or other aid. The facility bills keep coming and with no production you have no income. Even with building, equipment and trucks all paid, liability, building and workman's comp combined with vehicle and health insurance runs over $7,000 per month. Before salaries, materials and a paycheck for myself there is over $10,000 per month needed to keep the lights on along with phone and other utilities.

Luckily have a myriad of capabilities and skills so was able to follow different trends as appear such as jumping into the big 3G to 4G cellular switch over which led to backup power. Now ballistic barriers are becoming a fast growing additional income stream as churches are taking steps to protect congregations, especially the kids. We adapt and try hard as possible but without a lot of help from God Himself when a serious health issue or several line up back to back a small business can go down in a matter of months. Add up monthly expenses and your total savings, if can't pay bills for six to twelve months won't survive first real age or accident related issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscout View Post
Unsubscribed from the thread that refuses to die. I'm out yo.
Peace
I can't help but drop in about once a month to the thread that never dies. Am interested to see if it makes 1,000 posts before an equitable outcome is reached and finally dies a natural death. Till its known for sure Moses Mags company has been sold to someone that can keep sales, production, quality and delivery consistent or maybe Moses picks himself up, satisfies past orders and is able to deliver new orders in timely manner sooner rather than later. If he does, some shred of integrity could be regained and folks would likely buy from him again. If he sells or has sold the equipment and license, satisfying paid orders should be part of his agreement with new owners as would be in their best interest as well.

Meanwhile this thread should occasionally be poked often enough to stay fresh so until product is delivered promptly other potential victims might find it and be cautioned not to throw money to the wind. If it turned around would place an order myself as decent milspec mags are getting harder to find and more expensive fairly quickly and want to keep wear down on my original mags. Seems like this guy should have developed enough friends in the FAL community he could get a couple dozen friends to show up and help him complete overdue orders. Can't count the days of labor my friends have gracefully shown up and donated to the cause when was flat on my back and unable to work or when still on meds that didn't allow me to legally drive and ferry me from job site to job site. Seems to me most decent folks would have enough friends to help assemble magazines and box for shipment while in a bind.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2018, 04:25   #683
thedrickel
don't tax me, bro
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 19388
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424456
"During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ball player will average about 500 AB's a year. That means I played seven years in the major leagues without even hitting the ball."

Mickey Mantle
thedrickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 02, 2018, 18:01   #684
fireplug
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrickel View Post
LOL, guess Moses is not so sick after all.