Notices

Old May 30, 2019, 18:57   #201
badzero
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 65818
And we have a typhoid “epidemic” in Los Angeles
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-area-n917271

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

You can tell it's real because it looks so fake.
Elon Musk February 7, 2018
badzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 01, 2019, 12:02   #202
Celt
Registered

FALaholic #: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by badzero View Post
And we have a typhoid “epidemic” in Los Angeles
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-area-n917271

Update. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhdC3C1kZtg
Celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 01, 2019, 16:01   #203
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Have participated in several pandemic drills. To participate from planning to prep, execution and final hot wash where everyone comments on what went wrong and what went right is something suggest all volunteer for if get a chance. Bottom line is 70% of the American population is not going to get any help. While conspiracy folks have all sorts of thoughts on inoculations, wife and I get the senior flu shot every year and have the pneumonia, shingles and others. Add in the several dozen doses of Tamiflu, wide selection of antibiotics plus antivirals once something goes airborne we are taping the seams, going positive pressure and staying inside till the first wave kills off most and second wave gets the weakened and hungry that survived the first wave.

If nothing else I keep all the local hospital, state medical corps and FEMA SMAT frequencies updated and check into enough monthly or quarterly nets to be recognized. Knowing what is active, where the hot spots are and if any med hit the scene for emergency workers then knowing when and where they land may take chance of going and getting the shot a retreating to my hole. Participating in drills, saying your willing to work and if have done so in past it moves you into that upper 30% that's more likely to get medicines on the front end or as they arrive in your area if it's a hot spot.

Still believe best solution is living in structure with heat envelope that is sealed to point nothing comes in except through your activated carbon filters and fan. Ensures home is always positive pressure so doesn't suck outside dirty air in, just clean filtered air will be best protection. Then hope you have time to make surroundings look like already been ransacked or keep stacking up bodies in 600 yard circle around house. I also hope those who have the key to Pandoras Box need drones to harvest crops, staff their militaries, pay taxes, buy their goods and such they keep the box shut.

That said if I were president would nuke Iran so hard that even the several hundred feet deep underground labs turn to glass as much as the air burst devices wiped the surface clean as well. Has to be a super computer keeping tabs on rogue countries and territories that once they got enough "points" the computer said they had reached the point of being more threat than worth missiles would be launched with only enough notice the U.S. militry would have time to tell our allies they are our birds in the air. I would make sure that the Three Gorges Dam in China had what could only be explained as an engineering failure. Cheap electricity is what rules economies and if China lost their new dam then they would belly up to the negotiations table with motivation to not enter a trade war or even biological attack as they would even lose ability to make medications.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 05, 2019, 08:59   #204
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
The implications are hilarious

Quote:
GOMA, Congo, June 4 (Reuters) - Islamic State claimed responsibility on Tuesday for a deadly overnight attack in an area of eastern Congo hit by an Ebola epidemic, although its account of the violence differed from local reports.

The deputy mayor of Beni in the eastern Democratic of Congo said 13 civilians were killed late on Monday in an attack by the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) - a group thought to be linked to Islamic State.
http://news.trust.org/item/20190604191037-ap8pc
Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 05, 2019, 11:08   #205
Story
Registered

Sober reading.

Cached URL because the direct link gives a suspicious site warning, so erring on the side of caution.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Rac...KL53cR7X4D1u9v
Old June 19, 2019, 17:50   #206
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 15514
And then we have these guys showing up. It is weird out there.
https://wdef.com/2019/06/18/flesh-ea...ng-east-coast/
C2A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2019, 17:55   #207
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

While looking at the above came across this gem. Maybe MGTOW guys are onto something.
https://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditi...istant-std-faq
Old June 20, 2019, 09:48   #208
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

And then this pops up again. EMP is controlled by man. This is mother nature's realm.
https://www.economist.com/asia/2019/...outh-east-asia
Old June 20, 2019, 11:33   #209
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
And then this pops up again. EMP is controlled by man. This is mother nature's realm.
https://www.economist.com/asia/2019/...outh-east-asia
Some of us have been saying just leave them little piggy's alone now for several thousands of years!

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2019, 13:23   #210
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Tis true but they are so tasty. Had a BLT with taters (and onion) cooked up in the bacon grease last night for dinner.
Old June 20, 2019, 15:13   #211
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Tis true but they are so tasty. Had a BLT with taters (and onion) cooked up in the bacon grease last night for dinner.
But tha real question,,,,how ya feel right now???

Blood pouring out ya eyes,,nose bleeds, ear bleeds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yet???

One day before I die,,,going to have me a big old BLT.

Old June 21, 2019, 05:25   #212
Registered

FALaholic #: 66611
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
But tha real question,,,,how ya feel right now???

Blood pouring out ya eyes,,nose bleeds, ear bleeds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yet???

One day before I die,,,going to have me a big old BLT.
If you do, it'll lead to another one... and another one. They're like fine rifles. They are addicting.
1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2019, 09:40   #213
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

No swine since worked on a pork farm in high school. The Morningstar Farms "fake bacon" makes a good BLT if not had real pork in 30 years. Been in volunteer and professional disaster relief for 25+ years. Every local drill we do is either pandemic event based with the occasional hurricane relief though have so many real hurricanes we don't have to drill for them anymore unless it's been too long since had a drill on the books. 8 out of 10 major drills are for pandemic events. That tells me something after participating in over two dozen pandemic drills since moved from mountain rescue to FEMA/GEMA/RCH hospital type work.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old June 25, 2019, 10:37   #214
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
No swine since worked on a pork farm in high school. The Morningstar Farms "fake bacon" makes a good BLT if not had real pork in 30 years. Been in volunteer and professional disaster relief for 25+ years. Every local drill we do is either pandemic event based with the occasional hurricane relief though have so many real hurricanes we don't have to drill for them anymore unless it's been too long since had a drill on the books. 8 out of 10 major drills are for pandemic events. That tells me something after participating in over two dozen pandemic drills since moved from mountain rescue to FEMA/GEMA/RCH hospital type work.
Bio weapons have always been considered the poor mans nuke.

With our southern border as it is today,,,well,,,,its like having three rounds in a five shot revolver being held at ones head daily.

Our "luck" will run out one day.

I've noticed,,,where BP used to look into our vehicles for hiding people/stuff,,, as we're going through the check points,,,seems BP is now looking at peoples faces.

Old June 25, 2019, 16:05   #215
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

First time took wife through border patrol she hopped out of truck in front of big sign says welcome to Canada right behind a bigger sign say stay in vehicles, no photographs allowed. She was so excited to be going to Banff the little crossing we used when guard came out to get her back in truck she talked him into letting me out and taking a picture of us in front of the welcome to Canada sign and the border patrol hut. He saw how excited she was and took several (back in film only days, no digital or camera in phone. On way back she did the same thing on U.S. side and one of the guards complied to her excitement of the "welcome to United States" and let me out then took our pictures in front of sign.

Due to security with guns in Europe not supposed to touch or get too close to cops. Have dozens of pictures of her in a line of French police with arms around each other and her hand physically on one's pistol. She talked a French motorcycle cop into riding her to top of a mountain stage finish as she didn't want to walk to top of hill and we got to bottom after they closed the road going up to press.

Amazes me the stuff she used to talk cops into back in the day. We used to follow Le Tour de Georgia on our Harleys every year. We parked in a group of Savanah GA motorcycle cops at finish line for stage and they were checking out our bikes hard. She told them I built them both from mix of parts going back to flathead and up to twincam. Told them I really wanted one of the police solo saddles that come on police bikes. Basket weave leather and air-ride shock system to make a day on the bike much more comfortable. One said he took his off as didn't fit his @$$ and we could have it if wanted. Got on his radio as knew one local cop with lake house on Lake Lanier. They chatted, got our address and next time the friend came to his lake house delivered the police solo saddle with all mounting hardware and air ride to our house.

Were coming through international customs from France and she had a bag of fruit. Told her they would take it at airport. Of course the beagle alerted on the bag of fruit from Europe and she started crying aligator tears and would not let go till customs official decided would be easier to let her keep her bag of apples, grapes, etc. Watched her talk her way out of violations that would have taken me to jail and not even gotten a ticket. We rented a car in England with speedometer that could switch from MPH to KPH. She got pulled by French cop going over 100 MPH. She told him going 70 just like sign said. Only sign was in KPH and she had speedometer on MPH which she was clocked at 110 KPH which he did the math then nicely showed her how to change the electronic speedo over to metric from imperial and no ticket.

Give me a few halfway pretty girls and can probably walk a nuclear dirty bomb through airport customs. They just need that innocent air of ignoramce, ability to cry when need and smile when need and they can get away with murder.
Old July 09, 2019, 14:54   #216
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

An Atlanta Wendy's location hired an employee recently with Hepatitis A. Guess not only did he have hepatitis did not have good hygiene habits and passed his Hepatitis A to several other employees. Customers of the place began contracting the disease and soon flags started going up which alerted the local health department. Thus far at least six restaurants in North Georgia have been linked to employees passing Hepatitis A to other employees and clients. This is why wife and I eat at home.

Quote:
Since January 2018, 170 acute hepatitis A infections, including one death, have been identified in Georgia. That’s more than six times the number of infections reported in 2017.
Florida and South Carolina are also having a lot of Hepatitis A cases flare up with most being linked back to the food handling industry.

Quote:
SOUTH CAROLINA (AP) — Health officials trying to contain an outbreak of hepatitis A in South Carolina are warning customers of five restaurants that they might have been exposed. The state Department of Health and Environmental Control told news outlets that restaurant employees in Aiken and Hilton Head tested positive. Other workers were found with the virus at restaurants in Lexington County, North Augusta and North Charleston in the last month.
Seems like Hep A is everywhere and getting a fast foothold as can find articles like this running up entire eastern shore and all the way to west coast where in southern California everything is on the rise due to all the sick illegals, poor hygiene and streets/sidewalks used for a crapper.

Quote:
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Health officials in southern Nevada say the number of acute hepatitis A cases has risen drastically. The Southern Nevada Health District said this week that 37 cases have been reported in Clark County between Jan. 1 and May 31. Seventeen cases were reported in 2018, none in 2017 and six in 2016 during the same timeframe.
Here is a fun one.
Quote:
NEW ALBANY, Ind. (AP) — Health officials are warning attendees at a recent wrestling event in southern Indiana to get tested for HIV and hepatitis C due to possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens. The Floyd County Health Department says those at last Sunday’s “Welcome to the Wreckroom” event in New Albany may have been exposed to blood or bodily fluids. Floyd County Health Officer Tom Harris tells the News and Tribune the warning was triggered by a complaint from someone who attended. He says it’s “a risk for all concerned.”
Quote:
The HepConnect launch in Raleigh followed launches in Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia and Indiana, which also saw increased infections, concentrated more in their younger drug-abusing populations, according to Jill Foster, a senior director for Gilead Sciences. “We started doing routine health care screenings in these five states ... we started going to more Appalachian rural regions and started finding a lot of hepatitis C, much much more than we expected,” she said. The state’s health department*estimates*110,000 people in North Carolina live with hepatitis C and that in 2017, 186 people were newly*diagnosed*with hepatitis C, a roughly fivefold increase from a decade earlier.
If you go out wash your hands as much as possible. My grocery store has hand wipes at the door where I wipe down the handle and much of my buggy before shopping. When food comes home we rinse cans and let dry before putting in pantry and items like rice, flour, etc are put in our clean resealable containers. Kroger recently had a coast to coast issue with frozen berries contaminated with Hep A from migrant workers that handled them in picking and packaging. Be careful, the U.S. has become complacent, people are skipping inoculations and we are going to see third world level outbreaks in our schools and food supply chain.
Old July 10, 2019, 10:07   #217
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

And it keeps on evolving.
https://www.medicaldaily.com/seagull...uperbug-390609
Old July 10, 2019, 18:01   #218
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Listened to a weekly radio show hosted by an Atlanta doctor who has a myriad of guest doctors discussing different subjects each week on Sunday. This week's topic was how much injustice we are doing to up and coming generatons by running to the doctor and having a round of antibiotics prescribed everytime they run a mild fever, have a mild stomach bug or other common sickness. In turn all we are doing is teaching the virus or bacteria in their body to adapt and learn to mutate. Bacteria and virus have a type of intelligence and will to survive.

The more we throw antibiotics at them the more their bodies and propensity to certain bugs learn to hide the bug from common antibiotics. One doctor said he has a threshold where he basically uses cave man common sense by using ice packs to keep temperature down and appropriate OTC medications for symptoms. Monitors his family member closely and if their temperature reaches point of real danger or other symptoms go beyond his comfort level then dips into antibiotics as a last resort. All agreed the least antibiotics a body sees the more effective they are when needed.

They also encouraged listeners to get over the belief that innoculations are a third world treatment as we have pushed all of the common bugs we used to immunize against into the extinction catagory. All the immigrants flowing in from around the world are bringing measels, mumps, polio and other things many parents now believe the immunization is more of a risk than the disease. All seem to be making a come back. They recommended highly giving all teens the three in one Td/IPV*vaccine that protects against tetanus, diphtheria and polio.

I recently got the pneumonia and a shingles vaccination as seen a real case of shingles that has followed my wife with debilitating neuropathy for over a decade. Her case was so severexcited she was in bed for over four months and after first visit the doctor said not to bring her back in his office. Every two weeks I would go in with a current set of photos, vitals and occasional blood sample. They closed their office after we left and all went to the local health agency for a shingles vaccination as didn't have it in the office and had a crew come in and professionally clean/disenfect entire building as what they saw when looked at her back scared the hell out of them. Imagine living in a SHTF scenario and getting whacked with this when no medical care was around the corner or even accessible except for what's in your kit.

These are not even the worst but a sample of one of three nerve pathway hers ran when contracted the virus. Hers was over a decade ago and the pathway that ran around from spine to heart still causes regular pain and the doctors say there is a chance it will cause a heart attack even now due to how bad it damaged that nerve bundle and the pain in her chestate that doubles her over at times. Usually one area is affected and she had three, all radiating from spine and wrapping around left side of body all the way to her heart muscle on top path, around to belly button on mid path and from lumbar around hip where she has had neuralgia running down her left leg sciatica ever since.

One doctor even wrote an article for a medical journal based on her case. We spent a pile of cash on medicines most won't have in their kits fighting this "simple" case of shingles. Have a friend in my Bible study group whose shingles got into one of his eyes rendering him blind to this day in the affected eye. If you have not had the shingles vaccination yet get it. I had a very minor case in my forties with a faint rash, back pain and was better in a couple weeks. Doctors said odds of it hitting me twice in my life are low but happened so young then saw how bad it whacked the wife and other friends I got vaccinated anyway. Who cares if the vaccine takes a month off my life if it saves a month or four suffering like the wife did.

I am basically getting vaccinated for everything. Went through all the cap required to visit India back when traveled third world countries all the time. Always asking doctors if need any boosters or if new immunizations have come out so can keep my body as prepared as possible to fight new bugs or existing ones with age creeping along. Have a huge stockpile of antivirals and antibiotics though in case the SHTF and have to treat my hive with only what I have on hand.
Old July 10, 2019, 18:37   #219
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Yep on the vaccines,

Old July 12, 2019, 21:27   #220
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

For those who aanticapte the potential reality of SHTF where food chain, access to medical care and sanitation are immediate issues should have already done as many preps for their health and avoiding trying to survive while fighting a virus that totally sick when the doctor/hospital is operating at 100% on day to day basis. Wife was in her late 40's and very good health when the shingles put her in bed miserable for 10 weeks and never completely healed. I was flat on my back for two weeks with a minor outbreak. This article is from 2017 and the numbers of infections from all listed are way up this year but discusses importance of immunizationsome and boosters for us over 50's.

https://www.agingresearch.org/here-a...hoCSYoQAvD_BwE

These are what I have either gotten recent enough (inside of 10 to 25 years based on CDC recommendations for travel to myriad of third world countries) to not need, gotten a "booster" if been longer than can remember or added just for grins. I don't get too many too close together.

Seasonal Senior Flu shot. Tdap for tetanus, diphtheria every 10 to 12 years. Typhoid, Pneumococcal/Flu, shingles, measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, polio vaccine, Hepatitis A and B, typhoid, cholera, malaria, Japanese Encephalitis, yellow fever. Rabies (yes it sucks and sucks bad but due to amount of caving plus being on the cave rescue call out list for a while encounter a lot of bats. Get flocked by a thousand or so which are spooked and trying to get by you out and can't tell bites from impact, claws or wings. Better suited up the better but a dog bite in India and don't want to wait till you get home for treatment or in SHTF won't be available.)

dTP-IPV: Diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough and poliomyelitis*vaccine; MenACWY: Meningococcal*vaccine*against serotypes A,C,W and Y; TBE: Tick-borne encephalitis*vaccine, BCG: Tuberculosis vaccine, varicella, rubella, human papillomavirus infection and more. It sucks you can't get the Dengue fever vaccine till after infected. Being transmitted by mosquitos it would be just my luck to get on an airplane with a couple of infected mosquitos stowed away waiting just for me.

Going to the CDC site and www.WorldNomads.com and WHO then just look at what's recommended for U.S., South America, Africa, Asia, Europe and slowly work on the more important. Since I traveled sometimes on less than a two week notice and sometimes was in a "new to me country" less than a week after a phone call where someone had a guide slot open up last minute I tried and continue to keep boosters. If we go total SHTF surrounded by rotting corpses, human feces, the flood of people from South America and even Africa on boats if world economy and border control breaks down it will all be game on and not catching a killer bug will be much easier than finding treatment if the local hospital has been ransacked and occupied only by rats plus a few hearty junkies who keep searching for drugs and needles.

Amazingly many of these are free from various places. Many you can request at your local pharmacy who bills your healthough insurace. Some from your local health department then some of the odder ones may require your doctor ordering and you laying some cash on the table as are not something many insurance companes feel you need. I may die of some odd cancer due to so many immunizations but some of the diseases have been exposed to or in their favorite areas to live I have loaded up. On many am at the age will never need another or maybe one more will see me through a normal life expectancy.

While never caught it have had too many people mention Hep C after they have bled all over me but every time was gloved and masked. If told before I double glove, mask and wear safety glasses minimum. I do have access to some of the new Hep C "cures" and keep put back now as know two doctors that do nothing but Phase 3 Drug Research looking for comparasons between competing brands, off label uses and more. Only deal is would have to diagnose by symptoms as do not have a full service blood lab in the basement. Our medical kits are by some folks standards excessive and if gathered all kits, meds, IFAKs, etc would fill the back of a pickup truck. But if SHTF and suddenly adopt a dozen or two orphans to outfit with weapons, clothing, armor, food and keep healthy it will take a lot of meds. Just four year supply of my and wifes personal meds fill a medium refrigerator and two large office safes designed for media storage.
Old July 16, 2019, 16:16   #221
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Three cases of Legionnaires' disease have been confirmed by former guests of Atlanta Sheraton hotel.

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...VHOd72guEGbKN/

Legionnaires disease is quite easy to breed in the air conditions systems of especially big facilities in hot and humid regions. Can develop in your home HVAC system as well. When was the last time you had the A-Coil cleaned in your HVAC air handler? Went to home of a friend who is a doctor and was having breathing issues when ran on his treadmill rather than outdoors. Opened the air handler of first unit and entire A-Coil was covered in mix of black and red molds. Condensate line was stopped up from mold so air handler had about four inches of water in bottom and was basically pumping his house full of fungus infected mist when his A/C was running.

Now am under orders to clean his air handlers and condensers whenever I clean mine. I clean my outdoor condensing unit twice a year. Once after all leaves have fallen in fal and after pollen season ends in spring. Just a thin layer of dust on your outdoor coils can reduce efficiency of unit 40% to 70%. I clean my air handlers A-Coil when do my spring condenser cleaning. Just open up the air handler and spray the coils well with a no rinse coil cleaner. Sometimes it takes two coatings to get it good then drop a pan tablet in bottom before close door to the A-Coil.

Pan tablets are usually blue and look like a small bar of soap. They dissolve over time and help discourage growth of mold where water collects as it heads for the condensate line. Also make sure your condensate line is not clogged and regular cleaning keeps this from happening. Had a friend with roof leak issue in same place and had payed roofers to fix it three times when told me it was leaking again and staining his ceiling. Even with it 120° in his attic went up to see his drip pan full of moldy water and overflowing as water ran down side of unit from A-Coil. Both the condensate drip line in air handler and drip pan were clogged with mold. Took me half a day to clean his unit, clear the drip lines and teach him how to do himself before it got to hottest months of summer.

Breathing mold from your HVAC can keep you feeling sick for short period or years of misdiagnosed malady by doctors. Clean air is as important as clean water. I have a prefilter along with HEPA filter and activated carbon on the fresh air supply line to bring additional air into my system so house is always positive pressure and doors, windows, electrical outlets, cracks, etc are not drawing unfiltered air into the house. The main air handler has a 3/4" pretty filter to catch the big chunks in front of a 5" media filter to catch the small stuff. In addition have an Aprilaire whole house air cleaner tied into the cold air return that can run when system runs or 24/7 based on how I flip the switch. It has three 5" media filters in it scrubbing the air.

With all that and 25 years of sealing every crack, crevice and gap still do anot annual check for leaks in my heat envelope using a thermal imaging camera. Go outside on a cold day and it will tell you everywhere your house is spewing heat out leaks or letting heat in on hot days used inside. A case of spray foam and something as simple as a stick of inscense held up close to windows, doors, outlets, light switches will show you where air is leaving or entering then get after the leak with your spray foam. Add a good filtration system then do at least annual maintenance and your equipment will last year's longer and energy use will drop. Am heating and cooling main floor, basement and garage to average energy cost of $85 per month year round.

Plus know if have pandemic can stay inside, turn my activated charcoal protected clean air supply in so house is always positive pressure and while neighbors may get airborne killers in their homes it is very unlikely they will get in ours. Also have alarms for over a half dozen airborne contaminates tied to alarm, testing equipment for all sorts of chemicals, molds, viruses and bacteria. Then if say a train wreck where three cars of chlorine gas and two of ethaline oxide rupture at the tracks about 1.5 miles away and am in the three mile evacuation radius can lock ourselves in the panic room and use the NBC rated filter which works on even radioactive ash. Just need to have plenty of spare filters in your hand, not at the supply store when something happens as may die trying to get fresh filters if their not all gone inside of an hour as employees load them up and head home.

U.S. is officially as bad as a third world country on food safety, clean water and clean air if you really look at the data and consider all the improperly serviced HVAC equipment, moldy refrigerators and nasty people with hepatitis and AIDS handling your food. We just hide it better from our citizens.
Old July 17, 2019, 19:19   #222
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

I know Dugway has issues yet. But this is interesting.
https://gizmodo.com/pentagon-ordered...ick-1836391549
Old July 17, 2019, 20:34   #223
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I know Dugway has issues yet. But this is interesting.
https://gizmodo.com/pentagon-ordered...ick-1836391549
Anyone that believes we gave up on our active Bio weapons development,,,is delusional.

Old July 18, 2019, 10:38   #224
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Ebola in a city of 2 million with an airport. A person is infectous after 2 days but is mobile for 21 days. Now if that doesn't give one a pause for thought.
https://www.sfgate.com/news/medical/...y-14105187.php
Old July 18, 2019, 19:23   #225
medicmike
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Ebola in a city of 2 million with an airport. A person is infectous after 2 days but is mobile for 21 days. Now if that doesn't give one a pause for thought.
This is stuff of nightmares.....

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2019, 19:43   #226
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:

If this ever gets loose inside the USA,,,,people will not be prepared,,people will not do what is required to stay alive,,people will not listen to nor comply with instructions,,blind terror will take over and more importantly,,,be PUSHED by the media,,which will stampede people into a blind crazy panic.

That's the good news.

The bad news,,,

All or nearly all major urban areas are being run by dimwits,,,who WILL NEVER pull the trigger and shut down their hell holes before all parts of the country is facing infections.

Guard and reserve units will be called up first,,and half or more won;t show up,,local troops taking care of their families first, same for police, medical, fire.

Some fool(s) decides,,,fire will stop the infection from spreading,,so they light fires in cities,,no fire or police,,police would have to safe guard firemen that do show up for a shift,,tight packed urban areas go up in flames,,,which drives people out into the blurbs/countryside.

I'd suspect,,,only ten cases,,,in ten major urban areas,,,would shutdown the whole country.

When it comes to this stuff,,,,people go medieval in the flash of an eye.

300 yard killing area,,anything that is warm blooded,,,wait it out.................

Old August 09, 2019, 14:26   #227
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Now this is interesting. Interesting tidbits of info.
https://beta.canada.com/health/bio-w...165713c0b/amp/
Old August 18, 2019, 15:48   #228
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Something I have been pondering for some time including the basic flu.
https://www.newyorker.com/science/el...e-deadly-virus
Old August 19, 2019, 11:34   #229
Story
Registered

Quote:
Something I have been pondering for some time including the basic flu.
https://www.newyorker.com/science/el...e-deadly-virus
About the author of that article -

His 1992 New Yorker article "Crisis in the Hot Zone" was expanded into his breakout book, The Hot Zone (1994). It is classified as a "non-fiction thriller" about the Ebola virus. He came to know the virus through such contacts as U.S. Army researchers Drs. C.J. Peters and Nancy Jaax. His fascination began during a visit to Africa where he was an eyewitness to epidemics. The book served as the (very loose) basis of the Hollywood movie Outbreak (1995) about military machinations surrounding a fictional "Motaba virus".
Old August 19, 2019, 17:34   #230
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
About the author of that article -

His 1992 New Yorker article "Crisis in the Hot Zone" was expanded into his breakout book, The Hot Zone (1994). It is classified as a "non-fiction thriller" about the Ebola virus. He came to know the virus through such contacts as U.S. Army researchers Drs. C.J. Peters and Nancy Jaax. His fascination began during a visit to Africa where he was an eyewitness to epidemics. The book served as the (very loose) basis of the Hollywood movie Outbreak (1995) about military machinations surrounding a fictional "Motaba virus".
A former associate told me that the first ten minutes of "Outbreak" where they wind up dropping the MOABs or whatever it was that incinerated the area/villages is taken directly out or the field doctor's notes; that the gummint actually used a conflagration to "cleanse" the area.

Jarhead
Old August 19, 2019, 21:11   #231
Story
Registered

Quote:
Reform California says that there have been 124 confirmed cases of Typhus in Los Angeles County. Typhus has not been the only medieval disease to reappear. The bubonic plague — the same one that wiped out a third of Europe over 600 years ago — could be present in LA today, according to The New York Post. The Bubonic plague has been nearly non-existent in LA with only three cases of it in the past 40 years, but experts believe that there could already be plague victims present in the city.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/50801...s-adin-blumofe

Quote:
Does NYC’s environment leave us vulnerable to new epidemics?

Quite possibly, says Carr. She believes that “the largest crisis New York City will face is climate change” and the scary health threats it brings.

The first problem will be the temperature itself. Due to the so-called “heat island” effect, urban areas — with their limited green spaces and miles of asphalt — are generally hotter than rural areas. So, during future, hotter heat waves, more New Yorkers could suffer heat stroke or have chronic conditions exacerbated, Carr says. Breathing problems could be more prevalent as well, because hotter temperatures lead to more of the pollutant ozone in the air.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/19/why-ny...nile-epidemic/

Quote:
Measles has killed 2,758 people in the DR Congo since January, more than the Ebola epidemic in a year, medical NGO Doctors Without Borders said, and called Saturday for a “massive mobilisation of funds.”
The disease, preventable with a vaccine, has infected over 145,000 people in the Democratic Republic of Congo between January and early August, it said in a statement.
https://www.france24.com/en/20190817...ic-msf-vaccine

Quote:
A national dengue epidemic has been declared in the Philippines, where 622 people have died of the mosquito-borne disease since January and millions more are at risk.

From the start of the year to July 20, there have been more than 146,000 cases recorded -- a 98% increase from the same time period last year, according to the country's Department of Health.
Dengue causes flu-like symptoms, including piercing headaches, muscle and joint pains, fever and full body rashes. Of the millions of people infected every year worldwide, an estimated 500,000 develop severe symptoms requiring hospitalization, and of those some 12,500 people die, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/healt...hnk/index.html

Quote:
The number of cases of typhus, which is spread by fleas who have bitten infected animals like rats, cats, and possums, has increased over the past few years across Bexar County. Dr. Bowling told us, "The best thing is to make a clinical diagnosis, which means you have to suspect a typhus infection in someone."

Dr. Jaimez said, "It took some convincing with three doctors." Now, eight weeks later, Dr. Jaimez is feeling back to normal, and spreading awareness about the disease. "Not just for the general public, but for the veterinary community, that everybody in that profession, technicians, doctors, as well as rescuers, they also need to be aware of this as a potential."
https://www.kens5.com/article/news/h...8-70f59a4af6f6

Related
Old September 10, 2019, 08:22   #232
Story
Registered

Dr Mark Siegel writes -

Quote:
I also believe that homeless areas are at risk for the reemergence of another deadly ancient disease — leprosy, also known as Hansen’s disease. Leprosy involves a mycobacteria (tuberculosis is another mycobacteria) that is very difficult to transmit and very easy to treat with a cocktail of three antibiotics.

Yet according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are more than 200,000 new cases of leprosy reported in the world every year, with two-thirds of them in India, home to one-third of the world’s poor. The poor are disproportionately affected by this disease because close quarters, poor sanitation, and lack of prompt diagnosis or treatment easily can convert a disease that should be rare to one that is more common.
Quote:
Leprosy is still more prevalent in Central America and South America, with more than 20,000 new cases per year. Given that, there is certainly the possibility of sporadic cases of leprosy continuing to be brought across our southern border undetected
https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...-plague-threat
Old September 10, 2019, 22:53   #233
medicmike
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Just heard about the Leprosy outbreak on the radio today....coming soon to an ER near you.....

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2019, 07:14   #234
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Believe I will be avoiding Mexican restaurants not 100% sure of reputation. The one we use is mostly second and third generation immigrants even in the kitchen.
Old September 11, 2019, 10:12   #235
C2A1
Curio & Relic
Platinum Contributor

Watch what you get from the Taco truck.
http://theconversation.com/humans-ga...ck-to-us-99915
Old September 11, 2019, 11:50   #236
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Watch what you get from the Taco truck.
http://theconversation.com/humans-ga...ck-to-us-99915
There go half the boots sold in Texas!!!!

That toe rot might be more than folks think it is.

Old Yesterday, 13:09   #237
Story
Registered

New & improved vector

Quote:
GENETICALLY modified mosquitoes that were designed by scientists to help populations decrease are actually thriving.

This is according to new research that claims the plan to create gene-hacked mosquitoes that have offspring which die immediately has spectacularly backfired and now scientists don't know what will happen next.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/994730...tally-created/
Old Yesterday, 13:16   #238
hagar
Registered

FALaholic #: 228
Explosion and fire break out at Russian lab known for housing deadly smallpox virus
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/17/healt...lpox-intl-hnk/
hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:22   #239
Story
Registered

Quote:
The Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB), co-convened by the World Bank and the World Health Organization (WHO), warned that epidemic-prone viral diseases like Ebola, flu and severe acute respiratory syndrome (Sars) are increasingly tough to manage in a world dominated by lengthy conflicts, fragile states and forced migration.

“The threat of a pandemic spreading around the globe is a real one,” the group said in a report released on Wednesday. “A quick-moving pathogen has the potential to kill tens of millions of people, disrupt economies and destabilise national security.”

While some governments and international agencies have made efforts to be vigilant and prepare for major disease outbreaks since the devastating 2014-2016 Ebola outbreak in West Africa, those efforts are “grossly insufficient”, the report said.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...says-1.4022186

Actual report. Enjoy

http://afludiary.blogspot.com/2019/0...ic-report.html

Blogger is an expert in the area. His takeaway -

While it may take 50 years for climate change to kill us, or 30 years before our machine overlords decide to enslave us, a deadly respiratory virus could radically change our world in a matter of days or weeks.
Old Yesterday, 14:52   #240
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Not the first time,,,and with these folks,,,won't be the last,,,,until they kill off humanity???

""Sometimes mistakes that were made decades ago take a while to make the force of their foolishness felt. Consider the case of killer bees. In the 1950s, Brazilian geneticists crossbred mild-mannered European honeybees with their more aggressive, territorial cousins from Africa, reasoning that the Africanized bees would be better suited than their European counterparts to warmer South American climes. They were too right. Before the aggression could be bred out of the resulting cross, the buggers got away, and some immediately headed north. In 1990 the first Africanized honeybees were discovered in Texas. Since that time they've gradually spread to New Mexico, Arizona, California, and in 1999, to Nevada.""