The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > Optics

Notices

Old February 12, 2018, 11:35   #1
M60D
Registered

FALaholic #: 25452
Tritium replacement in Hensoldt scope

Has anyone here ever replaced the tritium in the Hensodlt Weltzar ZF 6x42BL scopes. Been wondering about it and can find no info on it.
M60D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2018, 16:56   #2
reks2
Registered

FALaholic #: 2260
I had years ago a Hensoldt 4x24 BLITS (made for US Army trials) scope with dead tritium. I called Zeiss Sports Optics (they imported the Hensoldt scopes and I actually purchased a Hensoldt 4x24 scope for my hk93 through them).

Woman told me that importing radioactive tritium to the US would require a special import license and there was not enough demand to obtain such a license due to cost. I don't know if shipping the scope to Germany would get the tritium replaced but I imagine importing it back to the US would also require some sort of special license because of the radioactive tritium.

I sold the BLITS scope sometime later so it became a moot point.
Old February 12, 2018, 21:35   #3
Super Dakę
Registered

FALaholic #: 70615
Try contacting Forest at Armson. They have the license for tritium and re-did my Armson sights. I thought he mentioned doing other sights but I'm not 100% on that, but it couldn't hurt to ask.
http://www.armsonusa.com/index.html
Old February 14, 2018, 05:28   #4
M60D
Registered

Thanks checked with Armson, but say they are only licensed to do their stuff. Wouldn't think it would be so hard to have something like this done.
Old February 14, 2018, 14:40   #5
Super Dakę
Registered

FALaholic #: 70615
You can always go this route, if you want to try doing it yourself. Decent prices, good product, and no pesky licensing issues . I can't say if I tried this myself, but there are a couple of TriLUX sights out there that glow again, one with two colors
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...18#post4627918
Going by the last post (Jan '18) he's still selling them.
Old February 14, 2018, 15:39   #6
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
I've bought tritium vials from him before to use on flashlight builds. Honest seller.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2018, 05:37   #7
M60D
Registered

Thanks ! Was thinking on doing myself but would feel much better if I could find a illustration of parts. Such a high dollar scope would really be depressed if I somehow goofed it up. Starts with three very fine screws on side and not so sure the factory did not put a thread lock on them,just don't know until I start I guess. If there is any info on these scopes would really appreciate being pointed in that direction. I have come up with a big fat 0 so far.
Old February 17, 2018, 05:54   #8
M60D
Registered

Went ahead and started on removal of switch out of scope.Pictured the removal to post when finished.The light source in these is a 11mm sphere. Any known source for these. I know I can stack rods but the pill would be more original. Believe the round LS has been discountined or just unoptanium here.