The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > FAL Groups > Washington

Notices

Old September 21, 2017, 17:35   #451
MountainBear
Registered

FALaholic #: 21087
Thank you all for tolerating my bolt gun tendencies. It was a great time as always and I look forward to the next shoot.

Thank you to 4x401 and Brunop for feeding us, Dave for hosting us, and everyone who planned and helped keep the events running.

Oh, and thanks for the Gatorade, Elk and Nick! Thanks for the comfortable chair Robin!
MountainBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 22, 2017, 12:46   #452
otis61
Registered

FALaholic #: 26667
I'd like to repeat the sentaments ----er, what everyone else said. Thank you all. It was fun, but short. Or it seemed short, but it always does.
So until next time.
Old September 22, 2017, 20:02   #453
Tailback
Registered

FALaholic #: 26070
Sorry I missed it Gents and Gals. Good to see that all had fun as usual. Missed you all and was thinking about you having fun while I was driving the stupid "Boat on a rope".

Next time fellas.
Old September 22, 2017, 20:21   #454
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailback View Post
Sorry I missed it Gents and Gals. Good to see that all had fun as usual. Missed you all and was thinking about you having fun while I was driving the stupid "Boat on a rope".

Next time fellas.
You were missed.

Four out of the five voices in my head say "Go for it"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 22, 2017, 23:51   #455
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v71 View Post
Fall shoot results:

DROP 15:

1.MountainBear 1903 Springfield Bolt 178.90
2.Exit308 FAL DNF(12) 213.19
3.Vanessa AR15 133.67
4.Flatfour FAL 68.39
5.Sophie AR15 249.98
6.Brunop FAL 45.39
7.Tommy AR15 111.18
8.JohnnyP FAL DNF(10) 138.98
9.12v71 FAL 186.92

WINNERS:

FALS:
1.Brunop
2.Greg
3.MilsurpMonkey
4.Flatfour
5.308/223shooter

AR15:
1.TuscanRaider
2.Tommy
3.Vanessa

AK:
1.BrotherWayne

Bolt:
1.MountainBear

I was looking for a spreadsheet this evening, and ran into the Oregon FAL Shoot 2017 spreadsheet that had the Drop 15 times and scores on it. I shot that event in 45.60 this summer. Based on the two times, I'd say that 45 seconds is my time for that deal.

Tuscan ran it in 35 seconds this summer, which is a bit different than his 101.27 this time. I think it was windier than April, and I think he was seated half-on and half-off the shooting mat when he sat down.

I'm shooting that event with a scope and an AR next time. I'm not super keen to compare scores with other guys, but I'm very interested in seeing my own times compared to each other based on the gun and the sights.

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=89
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 23, 2017, 19:57   #456
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
I was looking for a spreadsheet this evening, and ran into the Oregon FAL Shoot 2017 spreadsheet that had the Drop 15 times and scores on it. I shot that event in 45.60 this summer. Based on the two times, I'd say that 45 seconds is my time for that deal.

Tuscan ran it in 35 seconds this summer, which is a bit different than his 101.27 this time. I think it was windier than April, and I think he was seated half-on and half-off the shooting mat when he sat down.

I'm shooting that event with a scope and an AR next time. I'm not super keen to compare scores with other guys, but I'm very interested in seeing my own times compared to each other based on the gun and the sights.
Yup, couldn't get me ass comfy. Still flogging myself over the crappy performance.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 23, 2017, 22:12   #457
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

Not connected to the shoot... but I got to hang out with tdb59 for an hour or so today. He brought me his Detroit powered dinosaur truck so I can pull the engine and transmission to make it ready to ship.

Old September 23, 2017, 22:15   #458
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan Raider View Post
Yup, couldn't get me ass comfy. Still flogging myself over the crappy performance.
Were you guys watching the dust clouds during the team shoot? the wind was doing some really strange stuff, left, right, and straight up at times.

Old September 23, 2017, 22:22   #459
308/223shooter
Airborne Combat Engineer
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Quote:
Were you guys watching the dust clouds during the team shoot? the wind was doing some really strange stuff, left, right, and straight up at times.
Which is why I shoot a .30, not a .223
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2017, 00:44   #460
Tuscan Raider
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
Which is why I shoot the best working FAL
Slight fix.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Old September 24, 2017, 00:55   #461
308/223shooter
Airborne Combat Engineer
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Quote:
Slight fix.
My trick is the bore snake of magic. It scares away the bloody malfunction demons.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2017, 01:03   #462
Tuscan Raider
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
My trick is the bore snake of magic. It scares away the bloody malfunction demons.
You should give a class like tdb59.

Saw a lot of FALures last weekend.

Ghandi

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Old September 24, 2017, 08:14   #463
countershot
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 76250
I donno... my para ran flawless and destroyed the team shoot, while full of dirt lol
countershot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2017, 11:26   #464
tdb59
not really a gun guy
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Not connected to the shoot... but I got to hang out with tdb59 for an hour or so today. He brought me his Detroit powered dinosaur truck so I can pull the engine and transmission to make it ready to ship.
And many thanks for that !

Wish that we had more time to play, but it was a rapid day and a half for me and Doug to retrieve the DinoTruck.

He just checked total miles. From noon Friday to 10pm last night was 980 miles.

My ass is tired.

Matthew 5:16

Last edited by tdb59; September 24, 2017 at 11:44.
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2017, 11:30   #465
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Dino Truck FTW!

Hello? Tuscan? My FAL is over here with a WTH look on its face.

I support any person who steals 3% from PP by conducting business transactions as Family & Friends transactions. This may impugn my character, and, according to Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems, means that I'll lie, cheat, and steal from people here *if* there is anything about you that I don't like - or possibly even disagree with.

You may not want to do business with me. In case you forget this, this warning will appear in any future advert in the Marketplace. Consider yourself duly warned.

Old September 24, 2017, 13:08   #466
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Hey, Tuscan -

Check out this result on my dad's FAL. The one that screwed you? It's fixed. New barrel (old stock I had lying around - Steyr). Runs like a champ AND is accurate.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showp...&postcount=656

Old September 24, 2017, 22:26   #467
Tuscan Raider
Registered

Quote:
Dino Truck FTW!

Hello? Tuscan? My FAL is over here with a WTH look on its face.
Really, you have to ask why?

Ghandi

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Old September 24, 2017, 23:23   #468
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

I do remember that one famous meltdown I had at the Oregon shoot two or three years ago. That was absolutely confirmed to be an ammo issue - reloads that didn't get sized after coming out of a machine gun with a big (big!) chamber.

Mike picked up the unfired stuff I was ejecting out of my gun and called it on the spot. Confirmed with the reloaders. They pulled down 2500 rounds and re-loaded them.

Been like a champ, before and since. But yeah - that was a GIANT pisser when it happened.

Old September 24, 2017, 23:42   #469
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
The Dodge boys got the Holy Morman ruler across their hairy knuckles if I remember correctly. But it was worth every dime I paid them!

Fyi-
I have your 8x13's.

Quote:
I do remember that one famous meltdown I had at the Oregon shoot two or three years ago. That was absolutely confirmed to be an ammo issue - reloads that didn't get sized after coming out of a machine gun with a big (big!) chamber.

Mike picked up the unfired stuff I was ejecting out of my gun and called it on the spot. Confirmed with the reloaders. They pulled down 2500 rounds and re-loaded them.

Been like a champ, before and since. But yeah - that was a GIANT pisser when it happened.
Old September 25, 2017, 11:40   #470
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x401 View Post
The Dodge boys got the Holy Morman ruler across their hairy knuckles if I remember correctly. But it was worth every dime I paid them!

Great. I don't even know what I have where anymore. Do you want to figure out a Freeze Your Nuts Off date so we can shoot before the end of the year? And where do you want to do that? I probably can only camp one night in the cold ( ) so I'd be up for going somewhere Bend-ish for Friday night, and then shoot Saturday till 4PM or so, and bailing for home. Just like always.

Old September 25, 2017, 17:35   #471
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Hey Everybody (read: Washington Guys and Gals)

Get your opinion counted over in Oregon. If you aren't coming, please don't vote.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...66#post4482366

Old September 26, 2017, 10:31   #472
krisincolfax
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79638
I'd just like to say I regret not being able to attend , I had full intensions of
being there and meeting everyone , without going into detail , blah, blah , blah,
had a few things not line up and had to stay home , looking forward to
whenever the next shoot will be and will show up fur shure this next go-around...
krisincolfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2017, 16:07   #473
old_spambo
Registered

FALaholic #: 75387
Quote:
You should give a class like tdb59.

Saw a lot of FALures last weekend.
My Para FAL runs like a champ. Did have a broken case get stuck in the
chamber but it was easily removed my cycling the charging handle.

All gun break and need to be maintained over time.

Spambo
old_spambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2017, 16:32   #474
Tuscan Raider
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_spambo View Post
My Para FAL runs like a champ. Did have a broken case get stuck in the
chamber but it was easily removed my cycling the charging handle.

All gun break and need to be maintained over time.

Spambo

Dude, don't get me started. 12 years and running.

Ghandi

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912