Notices

Old April 26, 2019, 18:01   #1
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Ruht roh....Ollie goes after Wayne LaLa Pierrre

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/44...rt-to-oust-him

Wayne needs to retire....and the sooner the better. What jackass he is.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2019, 19:25   #2
Abominog
Registered

FALaholic #: 372
Can you imagine if NRA was run by a pro rights conservative?
Old April 26, 2019, 19:41   #3
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
In my opinion Wayne sees guns as a hobby more than a right but uses the 2nd to gather money for his job. So many times he has avoided fights he should have been in.
Bawana jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2019, 19:58   #4
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
In my opinion Wayne sees guns as a hobby more than a right but uses the 2nd to gather money for his job. So many times he has avoided fights he should have been in.
D'ya think...?

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2019, 20:31   #5
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
Wayne's 'sell by date' expired a long time ago and he should be long gone. But Ollie North ... up to his armpits in the Iran/Contra scandal which included among other things the illegal sale of firearms. Way to go NRA ... just what you need to refine your 2nd amendment image.
D P Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2019, 22:00   #6
garandguy10
Registered

FALaholic #: 10840
I really do not care much for La Pierre, but you'all should be cautious of Ollie North. He is a deep state CIA/NSA asset IMHO....
garandguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2019, 22:02   #7
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I wonder what Wayne’s golden parachute looks like.......

Old April 26, 2019, 22:28   #8
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandguy10 View Post
I really do not care much for La Pierre, but you'all should be cautious of Ollie North. He is a deep state CIA/NSA asset IMHO....
Interesting. Because yeah, with regard to Iran Contra, et al, LTC's serve coffee at the puzzle palace. So he was well compensated to take the fall while Ronnie "could not recollect".

Mixed feelings, certainly. Ends vs means. I was "in" during this time. I had a news report on my cassette after recording some Pat Benetar off the Radio, where the report of Eugen Hausenfus was shot down, and the dialog at the end of the cassette, between the Rangers in the room was whether we were going to have to "rescue" his ass.

So the Boland amendment was communist shit. But paying for US weapons with drugs, and then shipping said drugs to Medina Arkansas (where governor Clinton took a bigger and bigger cut), before transshipping to Pakistan, to smuggle into Afghanistan, to addict Russians . While meanwhile replacing Israeli TOW missiles with TOW IIs so they could trade TOW Is to the Iranians, to fight the Iraqis, who we'd supplied with chemical weapons, to buy the freedom of long-dead Beirut CIA station chief William Buckley- that's a fcuked up and convoluted foreign policy. I guess it made sense at the time.

Ends justify the means? I'm usually on board with that. But man was the Contradora vs Sandinistas was a brutal war.

Last edited by gunplumber; April 26, 2019 at 22:35.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2019, 08:09   #9
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
The NRA should be doing more grass roots inner city recruiting.....teaching basic
skills and constitutional understanding. I’d take Ollie over Wayne any day. I don’t believe Ollie is promoting himself as a replacement however. Ted Nugent is the obvious leader here.

Old April 27, 2019, 12:43   #10
Randall
Registered

FALaholic #: 4979
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
The NRA should be doing more grass roots inner city recruiting.....teaching basic skills and constitutional understanding... ...Ted Nugent is the obvious leader here.
I agree with your first assertion, but Nugent? Serously? "Terrible Ted" would be a disaster as President of the NRA.
Old April 27, 2019, 12:49   #11
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
I agree with your first assertion, but Nugent? Serously? "Terrible Ted" would be a disaster as President of the NRA.
I'd rather see Tom Selleck
Riversidesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2019, 13:21   #12
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
https://www.businessinsider.com/oliv...nt-2019-4?op=1

North is out, as NRA Pres.

Wayne LaPierre has expensive tastes in suits, at $10 grand a crack, and that is not for the very best of suits, but a pretty good grade of tailored suits, for sure.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2019, 22:02   #13
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:

Hmm. It kindof depends on what the president does.

Do you want a loudmouth dude who is all over the place like a chipmunk on crack, but somehow through his incoherent babbling motivates the masses ? We got that. His name is God Emperor Trump.

You want a guy who is freaking amazingly brilliant and articulate but only understood by similar intellectuals? Yeah, we didn't get Cruz. I voted for Cruz in the primary.

But who is more effective against the left?

The problem wiht the NRA is they are self-serving and ass-kissing bitches. Maybe a loud-mouth larger-than-life crazy person is exactly what we need?

One does not stay successful in the entertainment industry by being stupid. Differentiating the media front character he plays, from the man himself, may be tough. What I do know is that c-nts like Wayne and Robert Brown have done nothing for us. I mean really, when you appoint as president someone like Heston who campaigned for GCA '68 and thought it didn't go far enough, I wonder why anyone sends them a dime. I've been a life member for 30 years. I also haven't sent them a dime for 30 years. I think my money is better spent elsewhere.

Maybe we need a Trump as NRA pres.
Old April 28, 2019, 04:27   #14
bubbagump
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
Quote:
The NRA should be doing more grass roots inner city recruiting.....teaching basic
skills and constitutional understanding. I’d take Ollie over Wayne any day. I don’t believe Ollie is promoting himself as a replacement however. Ted Nugent is the obvious leader here.
^^^ This. It's not clear that Wayne is even a member of the NRA. He might be but I've never been able to confirm that or talk to anyone who offers a convincing case for it. What he is is a paid lobbyist for NRA-ILA.
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2019, 05:51   #15
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Quote:
skills and constitutional understanding.
Guessing the inner city people will say they don't need anyone to teach them about firearms or their rights. Not sure how polite they will be about it.
Old April 28, 2019, 11:29   #16
Randall
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
Hmm. It kindof depends on what the president does....Maybe we need a Trump as NRA pres.
Funny you mention a Trump. I was thinking Donald Jr. might just do half way decent job. He's a more polished speaker than his father, and still has the fire.

In my opinion, NRA needs to get back their reputation of teaching all levels of firearms training and firearms safety for all firearms owners. And, they need to get good at discussing firearms safety at every opportunity.

They've lost that over the years. Somewhere along the line they took a left turn towards "representing" their members as a solid voting block.
Old April 28, 2019, 13:35   #17
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
Funny you mention a Trump. I was thinking Donald Jr. might just do half way decent job. He's a more polished speaker than his father, and still has the fire.

In my opinion, NRA needs to get back their reputation of teaching all levels of firearms training and firearms safety for all firearms owners. And, they need to get good at discussing firearms safety at every opportunity.

They've lost that over the years. Somewhere along the line they took a left turn towards "representing" their members as a solid voting block.
I have no problem with the NRA 'representing' their members as a solid voting block.

Well, that assumes it's a pro-2nd Amendment voting block, not what they've really done, of course, but I'm sure that goes without saying...

Forrest
Old April 28, 2019, 15:04   #18
Randall
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
I have no problem with the NRA 'representing' their members as a solid voting block.

Well, that assumes it's a pro-2nd Amendment voting block, not what they've really done, of course, but I'm sure that goes without saying...

Forrest
My issue is that they've done it at the expense of their reputation as a training organization. Now, its all about "the fight", because that is where the money is.
Old April 28, 2019, 15:07   #19
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
My issue is that they've done it at the expense of their reputation as a training organization. Now, its all about "the fight", because that is where the money is.
I have no problem with their throwing their weight/money into the 'fight.'

Unfortunately, that's not what they've been doing...

I say that as a Benefactor life member of the NRA...

Forrest
Old April 28, 2019, 15:14   #20
Randall
Registered

Quote:
I have no problem with their throwing their weight/money into the 'fight.'

Unfortunately, that's not what they've been doing...

I say that as a Benefactor life member of the NRA...

Forrest
There is absolutely no incentive for them to win. The money is in the fight...Not the win. As long as they don't win, they can continue to ask for donations to continue the fight.
Old April 28, 2019, 15:26   #21
ftierson
Registered

Quote:
There is absolutely no incentive for them to win. The money is in the fight...Not the win. As long as they don't win, they can continue to ask for donations to continue the fight.
About sums it up...

Forrest
Old April 28, 2019, 16:33   #22
G1user
Registered

FALaholic #: 6546
Quote:
all lobby groups work for whoever pays them to stay in business.

The NRA and TSRA are no different, just that they are both in the business of selling gun control and disarmament, for fun and profit.

for instance, the TX state rifle assn lobbyist alice tripp is now openly colluding with antigun office occupiers, and the their hard leftist lobby group backers (momsdemandaction, texas guNONsense, and everytownforgunsafety,
funded by bloomberg out of NYC)

to torpedo the official 2019 republican party of TX platform items 69 through 79 in the legislature.

look it up: https://www.texasgop.org/platform/

and why?--

follow the money:

they "win" by loosing, staying in the game having secured their position as controlled opposition.

Last edited by G1user; April 28, 2019 at 16:39.
G1user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2019, 21:01   #23
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
I Know for a fact That Wayne is paid MILLIONS $$$$$ A Year ,,And they beg's my donations [ Life member BTW] If I donate $50.00 Bucks That will pay Waynes' Salery for -Oh 25 Seconds or so ,, TIME for him to go !!
Yes id like Tom Selleck In His place for sure !!!
randy762ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2019, 14:35   #24
G1user
Registered

The NRA may survive this, but not in the same form. It will be known as the home of the Fudds, or it will jettison the ne’er-do-wells, clean house, and begin a campaign of grading politicians truthfully and keeping those grades up-to-date. It will include in that campaign an honest attempt to stand against the tide of control coming.

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2019/...tion-be-saved/

The NRA et al aren’t demanding vast changes to existing laws to ease current restrictions on gun rights. They are meekly asking that current laws stay where they are, while the left is demanding more restrictions. That means any sort of ‘compromise’ will only move in their direction.

with the "help" of the NRA, the Overton window has now been closed on gun owner rights, and opened for criminalization of those rights.
Old April 30, 2019, 15:27   #25
Heisser Mann
Registered

FALaholic #: 80843
Location: Firearms talk is main reason for joining from: Kingman Arizona
**** the NRA. They just want your dough. Lots of cave-ins, retreating, compromises etc.
I'll give monies to GOA and other lesser orgs, the rest goes into my own defense budget.
Heisser Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2019, 00:37   #26
BiGB808
Registered

FALaholic #: 18195
what has the GOA ever done?
Old May 01, 2019, 00:46   #27
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64986
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGB808 View Post
+1. I'm not terribly interested in what the GOA said--what have they accomplished?

The biggest reason I support the NRA is it happens to be the organization Leftists target every time their anti-gun faction gets a boner. If the lefties railed against the GOA or whoever, I'd support them instead.
Old May 01, 2019, 10:00   #28
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
Quote:
I thought at first that Ollie North was just another motivated jarhead doing what jarheads do, like advocate the killing of communists, but after reading his role and ass-o-ciation with the Klintonistas in "Compromised" by Terry Reed and John Cunmins, I had to rethink my opinion about him. Brother Gunplumber gives a good synopsis of the convoluted Iran-Contra bullshi. "Compromised" gives a great history of some of the swampers involved during the miserable reign of the Klintoinstas.

Jarhead
Old May 02, 2019, 02:59   #29
G1user
Registered

Quote:
what have you ever done?

Old May 02, 2019, 08:06   #30
AliYahu
Registered

FALaholic #: 11084
I didn't see it mentioned here, but LaPierre has been essentially stealing millions of dollars from the NRA for years, and rewrote his contract to continue to receive full compensation after retirement. There's also an extremely questionable relationship with Ackerman McQueen.
The best part? The NRA is still chartered in the State of New York, and the NY AG is going after them!

Eli
AliYahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2019, 08:51   #31
BiGB808
Registered

I donate to my state pistol and rifle association. They and the NRA have been successful funding lawsuits against our corrupt government. Wehave had several very big wins for ccw/magazine bans and currently have a few more important 2a lawsuits that will make it to the supreme court and settle it once and for all about the right to bare arms.

Never seen GOA involved.
Old May 02, 2019, 12:02   #32
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliYahu View Post
...The best part? The NRA is still chartered in the State of New York, and the NY AG is going after them!

I am not convinced that having the NYS AG go after the non profit status is an "accident".
Old May 02, 2019, 12:05   #33
G1user
Registered

Quote:
I donate to my state pistol and rifle association. They and the NRA have been successful funding lawsuits against our corrupt government. Wehave had several very big wins for ccw/magazine bans and currently have a few more important 2a lawsuits that will make it to the supreme court and settle it once and for all about the right to bare arms.

Never seen GOA involved.
1. you are talking about the NRA ILA, as distinct from the NRA.

2. you are not paying attention.

3. and no, your cases will never make it to scotus.
Old May 02, 2019, 15:13   #34
BiGB808
Registered

So you asked what I have done, I answered.

Are you retarded? I have not seen or read where GOA has participated on anything that actually made an action on the fight against the legal challenges against the 2A.

You post a video that is sponsored by GOA about can myths?!! LMFAO..there are hundreds of gun videos about myths.

Woop dee doo
Old May 02, 2019, 20:06   #35
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Are you retarded? ...
now you are not paying attention and you are oblivious.

Quote:
I have not seen or read ...
no, you haven't.

but then ignorance is bliss.
Old May 02, 2019, 21:37   #36
BiGB808
Registered

You are a block head. You first replied to me with a YouTube video ran by the GOA about myths on cans....

Oh...wow...impressive!

Did you just find the you tube and googler?

That video has almost zero effect for gun rights.
Old May 03, 2019, 00:03   #37
G1user
Registered

Quote:
You are a block head. You first replied to me with a YouTube video ran by the GOA about myths on cans....

Oh...wow...impressive!

Did you just find the you tube and googler?

That video has almost zero effect for gun rights.
endless compromises "effect gun rights", negatively.

compromise is what the nra does best.
Old May 12, 2019, 08:12   #38
LongueCarabine
Registered

FALaholic #: 18511
Well, looks like the (dirty) laundry is going to get aired out.

Over a quarter million dollars for clothing for LaPierre? His million dollar salary isn't enough?

Paying for a female staffers apartment?

Is that what dues are used for?

LC
LongueCarabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2019, 09:08   #39
G1user
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongueCarabine View Post

LC
booze, blow, and hookers.

and not necessarily in that order.
Old May 12, 2019, 09:52   #40
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongueCarabine View Post
Well, looks like the (dirty) laundry is going to get aired out.

Over a quarter million dollars for clothing for LaPierre? His million dollar salary isn't enough?

LC
The PR optics look pretty bad. I’m assuming North was the one he was referring to in the black mail thing. Looks like it’s white male instead.

Old May 12, 2019, 11:12   #41
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
So no matter how bad it appears LaPierre stays anyway? Do I understand this correctly?
357ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2019, 15:18   #42
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357ross View Post
So no matter how bad it appears LaPierre stays anyway? Do I understand this correctly?
It appears he is dictator for life.....What did this tyrant do before he became
a 'life member'......

Old May 12, 2019, 15:35   #43
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357ross View Post
That’s pretty much how I understand it...

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science. Now hand me that ice-cream scoop!” -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2019, 15:43   #44
ftierson
Registered

Kinda like PapaDoc Duvalier (Haiti), President (EVP) For Life...

The NRA has, over the years, done an exemplary job of protecting the people in power in the NRA from the peons (members)...

Forrest
Old May 12, 2019, 16:25   #45
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Quote:

The NRA has, over the years, done an exemplary job of protecting the people in power in the NRA from the peons (members)...

Forrest
Ya don't say?

Just saying

I sorta get pissed off when you want to join a gun club, you have to be an NRA member. I think GOA should be an option or any other gun activist organization that has standing.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2019, 17:33   #46
Registered

FALaholic #: 66611
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1user View Post
booze, blow, and hookers.

and not necessarily in that order.
And the rest of the money, he just wasted.
1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2019, 17:27   #47
FALonious
In His Grip
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 51017
For those that asked, here is GOA's list of accomplishments dating back to 2008.
I know they are in court all the time. That's not doing nothing. They were just here in west MI (Kalamazoo) fed court on the bump stock thing. They don't succeed all the time but a least they are in there kicking back at the anti's and helping at the local level also.

https://gunowners.org/category/end-of-year-reports-2/
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

T. E. Lawrence

FALonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2019, 18:30   #48
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALonious View Post
For those that asked, here is GOA's list of accomplishments dating back to 2008.
I know they are in court all the time. That's not doing nothing. They were just here in west MI (Kalamazoo) fed court on the bump stock thing. They don't succeed all the time but a least they are in there kicking back at the anti's and helping at the local level also.

Them and the 2nd Amendment Foundation are always biting their heels. I’m a lifer at GOA and other groups....

Old May 19, 2019, 20:44   #49
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALonious View Post

from Wiki.

Sorry, maybe I overestimate how far a couple million goes in politics, but it seems that they are not providing much for our money either.

Now if it takes 2 million to influence one senator, so be it. We'll raise 100 million and be done with it. But I'm not seeing any progress. At best, slowing the spin around the drain.

I'm looking for REPEAL 89 REPEAL 86 REPEAL 68 REPEAL 34. Not "resist passing new".

On June 6, 1995, Gun Owners of America helped in lobbying the House of Representatives to vote against the Moran Amendment, by a vote of 278 to 149. The amendment would have banned .50 caliber weapons from being licensed for export.[23]

On July 13, 2006, Senator David Vitter saw an 84–16 vote for his amendment prohibiting the use of federal money for federal agents to confiscate weapons during a declared state of emergency. This bill was passed less than a year after the devastation in Vitter's home state from Hurricane Katrina.[24]

On June 27, 2007, the Pence Amendment passed. The bill, named after then-Representative Mike Pence, was passed by a vote of 309–115. According to Gun Owners of America, the amendment blocked the Federal Communications Commission's ability to use the Fairness Doctrine to limit the free speech allowed by organizations like Gun Owners of America over the airwaves.[25]

On August 9, 2007, Gun Owners of America supported Vitter's work in pushing through a bill stating that no U.S. funds can be used by the United Nations or any group affiliated with the United Nations to restrict or tax Second Amendment rights. If they attempt to do so, the U.S. can withdraw their funds from the organization. This bill, HR-2764, also known as the Consolidated Appropriations Act, passed by an 81–10 vote.[26]

On February 25, 2008, Senator Jim DeMint amended bill S-1200, the Indian Health Care Improvement Act. The act stated that the funds were to be used for "violence prevention". Once the funds were attempted to be used for gun buybacks, DeMint pushed through an amendment to the act stating that the money cannot be used for any anti-gun programs. DeMint's
Old May 30, 2019, 17:28   #50
G1user
Registered

fraud by the NRA and local affiliates, coming to a head--