The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Daewoo Files

Notices

Old March 01, 2018, 20:19   #1
ssay
Registered

FALaholic #: 5422
Gonna redoo a woo

This Daewoo section is about as slow as the HAC7 forum.
Think Gunplumbers para stock hinge pins look to be almost drop in for the Daewoo folder hinge. Going to convert a couple, well at least one of my DRs to factory side folders. Got one stock anyway, will see if a Galil or FN folder will adapt to the ar100 receiver.

Last edited by ssay; March 04, 2018 at 03:57.
ssay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 01, 2018, 22:22   #2
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
Iím glad to see some Ďwoo activity! Good luck on your build, and please keep us updated.

Iím in need of a replacement stock for an AR-100. Please PM me if you have a source or a spare youíd be willing to part with. The jackass I bought it from did a very poor packing job, and UPS denied any responsibility. Iíve had it for 4 years and havenít even shot it due to the cracked stock!

ďIím saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about whatís enough. And for Godís sake, think about who you are.Ē - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 02, 2018, 22:01   #3
lew
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhlmann View Post
Iím glad to see some Ďwoo activity! Good luck on your build, and please keep us updated.

Iím in need of a replacement stock for an AR-100. Please PM me if you have a source or a spare youíd be willing to part with. The jackass I bought it from did a very poor packing job, and UPS denied any responsibility. Iíve had it for 4 years and havenít even shot it due to the cracked stock!
If the stock's already f***** up, is there a reason you can't affect an epoxy repair?

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens
lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 03, 2018, 08:27   #4
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
If the stock's already f***** up, is there a reason you can't affect an epoxy repair?
No reason not to, but itís pretty low on my priority list of things to do, and Iíd much rather just have an unfukced stock.

ďIím saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about whatís enough. And for Godís sake, think about who you are.Ē - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 03, 2018, 19:21   #5
BM59
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 77492
Nice build,yes please let us know how the various hinge pins work.....I wish I knew where to find factory stocks for my two Dr200s...right now one is sporting an ACE and the other one an A2....
Old March 06, 2018, 10:57   #6
Tad_07
Registered

FALaholic #: 79492
That a nice early upper and bolt carrier. How did you manage to come across just receivers? Yes, this forum is very slow, but not a ton of Woo's out there and esp not that many used. Keep us up to date if can.

Galil stock is not going to work w/o making you own hinge and joint setup.
Tad_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 06, 2018, 16:56   #7
IDFman121
Registered

FALaholic #: 8098
I enjoyed unbanning my DR-200, but after finding several accessories, to include an original 'Woo bipod a few months back, I hit a 'Woo desert.

I look forward to seeing your build progress.
Old March 27, 2018, 08:24   #8
IDFman121
Registered

Regarding unbanning of the Woo, are the post ban muzzle devices silver soldered on? Blind pinned? How much difficulty have folks had in removing them?
Old March 27, 2018, 21:53   #9
s0b3
Registered

FALaholic #: 22418
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDFman121 View Post
Regarding unbanning of the Woo, are the post ban muzzle devices silver soldered on? Blind pinned? How much difficulty have folks had in removing them?
silver soldered. not too much difficulty in removing it but the parkerization can discolor. also the threads are really long to where you need a jamb nut if you want to use a standard ar15 1/2 x 28 flash hider.
s0b3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2018, 09:43   #10
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhlmann View Post
Post pics. Maybe we can hive-mind a WECSOG solution for you.
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2018, 12:31   #11
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0b3 View Post
silver soldered. not too much difficulty in removing it but the parkerization can discolor. also the threads are really long to where you need a jamb nut if you want to use a standard ar15 1/2 x 28 flash hider.
While this is generally true (the one that I currently have is soldered), some were also welded. I received one NIB from a distributor back in the day that had such a heavy weld bead around the device that you could see the burn marks in the bore. Needless to say, that one went back and was replaced by them...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
ftierson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2018, 14:09   #12
IDFman121
Registered

I am pulling the muzzle device off my Wolf A1 (Type 91) upper to put on the correct Taiwan muzzle device, and was going to recycle the Wolf A1 device and jamb nut onto my 'Woo once I pull off the ban era cone of shame.
Old March 31, 2018, 01:46   #13
StormWerkz
Registered

FALaholic #: 20404
I have had two with blind pins and welds over them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
While this is generally true (the one that I currently have is soldered), some were also welded. I received one NIB from a distributor back in the day that had such a heavy weld bead around the device that you could see the burn marks in the bore. Needless to say, that one went back and was replaced by them...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
StormWerkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2018, 12:22   #14
IDFman121
Registered

Just seeing if the OP has any progress to post. I have been striking out on sourcing Woo parts since I bought my Korean marked gas regulator and my bipod.
Old July 29, 2018, 01:52   #15
ssay
Registered

Think it was the above upper that I got the fake hider off. Initially I cut the hider longways with dremel towards the muzzle and tried to drive chisel in cut to split the hider(read method somewhere) but it didn’t work. Ended up noticing ID of hider was bigger than OD of barrel and put hider in vise and squeezed it down enough where the solder let go and just screwed it off. Well Wish I’d have tried that first!

Last edited by ssay; August 02, 2018 at 10:03.
Old August 02, 2018, 09:59   #16
ssay
Registered

DRs I want to convert to orig folders. Like them as they are but canít get much more desirable than the factory side folder.

Old August 06, 2018, 09:29   #17
bykerhd
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2798
The stock trigger in my AR-100 (K2) Woo was about 10 pounds and gritty.
An AR-15 trigger set from Rock River dropped right in the Woo's lower.
The only issue is the AR-15 pins are shorter than the Woo's.
The Woo pins are the same diameter so I just installed the trigger set with the Woo pins.
Works great in mine.
bykerhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 06, 2018, 21:28   #18
vandal968
Registered

FALaholic #: 23530
The factory triggers are horrible, AR is the way to go. The geometry is very slightly different for the selector and you need re-use the woo one for the pin length. I've found that it's sometimes necessary to shave the back-end of the AR trigger so that it doesn't bind when used with the woo selector.

cheers,
c
vandal968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 07, 2018, 12:01   #19
bykerhd
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2798
I forgot having to re-use the Woo selector.
bykerhd is offline   Reply With Quote