The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Suggestions and Technical Support

Notices

Old April 24, 2017, 18:31   #51
Jen
Administrator

FALaholic #: 105
Trying this again.. Maybe fixed.. again maybe not.

You don't know me, son. So let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2017, 11:03   #52
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
I verified that I am checked on "instant e-mail notification" for new posts in subscribed threads.

I do get notifications from AKFiles - are they on different servers?

Side note:

If you are looking for a different US-based host, There is an intensely gun friendly company also in Texas - Cognecy. Very enthusiastic customer support, huge capacity, etc.

I know changing anything can be a nightmare, but if you are unhappy with what you have, you might at least contact Mark Shipp mark@cognecy.com to see what they can offer - I found the rates very good, and being able to quickly get an English-speaker for tech support quite refreshing.

Posts by Daniel Lombard, R1shooter, DS Arms.
gunplumber is a domestic terrorist, selling out his country . . . .IMBEL = import crap. . .FN has no barrel timing spec! . . . gunplumber may be an asshole, but at least he tells the truth
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2017, 09:26   #53
fnogger
Registered

FALaholic #: 51053
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
I verified that I am checked on "instant e-mail notification" for new posts in subscribed threads.

I do get notifications from AKFiles - are they on different servers?

Side note:

If you are looking for a different US-based host, There is an intensely gun friendly company also in Texas - Cognecy. Very enthusiastic customer support, huge capacity, etc.

I know changing anything can be a nightmare, but if you are unhappy with what you have, you might at least contact Mark Shipp mark@cognecy.com to see what they can offer - I found the rates very good, and being able to quickly get an English-speaker for tech support quite refreshing.
In the same vein I've been a happy Linode.com customer for 12+ years. If you don't have the techskills to setup, maintain, etc. they do have a paid support option.
fnogger is offline   Reply With Quote