The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Old May 19, 2019, 13:23   #651
ruskiegunlover
Registered

FALaholic #: 28545
And for the record I have never done business with gunplumber, ARS at all and have in fact stood up for DSA before. So I am not shilling for anyone. I am simply pointing out YOU as the clear pos you are.
ruskiegunlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2019, 14:32   #652
1911Ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17513
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover View Post
No, its was HONESTY I learned. A lesson lost on you CLEARY. Hope more see through you here....
Dak-To is neither honest or has any integrity and when he is called out on it he starts calling you names and tries to slander you in some way shape or form.

Dak-To you need to crawl back under your bridge with the other trolls and leave this thread and others alone.
Old May 19, 2019, 15:16   #653
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakTo View Post
Perhaps you need a course in Logic 101 with your Pope shit and DSA nonsense?
Lame, Dak, lame. You have degraded into not even being able to insult anymore. You go girl.

Last edited by hkshooter; May 19, 2019 at 16:07.
hkshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2019, 23:33   #654
GS455
Registered

FALaholic #: 63848
Very pleased. Distressing of the receiver and barrel in very nice correspondence to the rest of the kit. And pretty much all the same tone of grey. The grey phosphorous Izzy mags I have all look like they were issued for this rifle. As expected the right side engraving does not have near the detail or legibility of an original but I was glad to have the lettering done nonetheless.

Shipping $25. Comes in a generic Plano plastic rifle case with a cheap black web sling. From pics I've seen I am far happier with this than an Officers' Grade. In fact the detail that was taken to make this look like an authentic Battlefield pick up would almost have me willing to spend more on a Soldier Grade. I chose not to have a muzzle device. This thing will lay nicely next to my grey parked Letterkenny Garand at the range.

Seriously this rifle looks like it was recently discovered preserved in the depths of some cave in the middle of the Sinai.

GS455 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2019, 06:00   #655
ncreptile
Registered

FALaholic #: 39586
That bayonet or knife trench art in the butt stock is neat.. Some bored kid scratching in the star of David on there.

You did well! Now the long wait continues.
ncreptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2019, 07:14   #656
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
GS455, looks beautiful! Congrats, enjoy that little Hebrew lovely.
Old May 20, 2019, 07:53   #657
Grahamneall
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 62175
I'd be happy if my Officer Grade comes in looking like that....
Love the butt stock.

Only another 6 weeks for mine, but that's okay, I knew that when I ordered it.

Graham.
Grahamneall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2019, 09:06   #658
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Very nice GS! I'd be proud to own that one too.

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2019, 12:05   #659
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 9689
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover View Post
And for the record I have never done business with gunplumber, ARS at all and have in fact stood up for DSA before. So I am not shilling for anyone. I am simply pointing out YOU as the clear pos you are.
Well since you are a customer of DSA at least continue to stand up for them, enjoy their Israeli and other fine products.

BTW, feel free to contribute to our great FALFiles site. We could use your money.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:17   #660
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
Lame, Dak, lame. You have degraded into not even being able to insult anymore. You go girl.
I'm just saying if you wish to degrade someone at least get a good mixture of derogatory & logic which makes more sense. Yes, I feel much degraded by your inability to accomplish it.

I trust you will continue to support DSA products especially the Officer Grade Israeli FAL's.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:35   #661
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Quote:
Well since you are a customer of DSA at least continue to stand up for them
What does that even mean?

Oh, yeah - be a DSA sycophant and defame and slander anyone who objectively notices when something smells rotten in Denmark.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:38   #662
ruskiegunlover
Registered

I am wondering the same thing.

Maybe he will simply deny saying that too in a bit?
Old May 20, 2019, 12:40   #663
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
What does that even mean?

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2019, 13:26   #664
wingnut152
Registered

FALaholic #: 82238
Skipping over the continued drama of the day...

Your rifle looks fantastic, GS455! I love it! I hope mine is something like that.
wingnut152 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2019, 18:23   #665
GS455
Registered

FALaholic #: 63848
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut152 View Post
Skipping over the continued drama of the day...

Your rifle looks fantastic, GS455! I love it! I hope mine is something like that.
Yea, well looks like I kinda started it. Or inspired/triggered it. (can someone tell my if I have an Israeli rifle used by the Israeli army? Or am I on the wrong thread?)

Wish I could provide a range report but it's gonna be a while before I get it out.
GS455 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2019, 21:14   #666
MGW
Registered

FALaholic #: 71455
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS455 View Post

Seriously this rifle looks like it was recently discovered preserved in the depths of some cave in the middle of the Sinai.

I absolutely love the open-ear gas block; first one that I've seen on these DSA rifles. I'm more than pleased with my Soldier Grade, but that would have been a sweet bonus to have. Congrats!
MGW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2019, 11:23   #667
ruskiegunlover
Registered

Picked mine up last night....

It was worth the wait.

Officer grade. Flawless finish on all parts. Wood a little dinged, but I am THRILLED WITH IT.

Put a repro tan enfield sling on it. My two type c bayos fit snugly. Will try to post pics tomorrow night. Will stop off at fam farm next monday afternoon amd put 3 or 4 mags out of it to test it. If it shoots as perfect as it looks I am going to be happy.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:45   #668
flyboy1910
Registered

FALaholic #: 31588
1/27 order date. Officers Grade. Had been a month since I heard anything so I emailed DSA.

Still going through production (was told a month ago it was finishing production) and they are waiting on components (didn’t state which ones).

No ETA. Starting to get frustrated as we’re at 2x the stated and documented lead time when ordered and I’ve let some nice guns snap by during this whole process because I have funds set aside for this.

They’ve always responded to inquiries but I have no idea what is going on with the order of production. Soldier grades seem to be their priority for some reason given the disparity in lead times.

Again some kind of public communication would be nice instead of having to harass a customer service rep that clearly isn’t being given proper and up to date information.
flyboy1910 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2019, 13:31   #669
Grahamneall
Gold Contributor

My guess is the Soldier Grade requires less time to produce, since they are not Duracoated, no FH etc; hence getting them out quicker than Officer Grade.

Patience is a virtue !!
Graham.
Old May 21, 2019, 14:11   #670
flyboy1910
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamneall View Post
My guess is the Soldier Grade requires less time to produce, since they are not Duracoated, no FH etc; hence getting them out quicker than Officer Grade.

Patience is a virtue !!
Graham.
Nah. Ive been patient enough. Thereís a big difference between 2 months and 4 months. I donít buy that it takes an extra 2 months to thread a barrel and spray paint a rifle when youíre working off of 2 patterns.

Especially when you have rifles later in the queue going out the door first.

The only excuse is that they donít have enough flash hiders or duracoat as the barrel and receiver are the same between both grades. If itís not that they need to communicate why they are not being transparent with the customer. Donít make promises you canít or donít plan on keeping.

When I sent work to ARS, no lead time was asked for or given because Mark has made it abundantly clear heís very busy on multiple platforms. Thatís fair. DSA put a lead time in writing.

DSA whiffing that bad on what comparatively amounts to a volumn product is not ok.
Old May 21, 2019, 14:22   #671
tankerfrank
Registered

FALaholic #: 7360
Feel your pain. every time I call they tell me they're still working on the last week of January. That's been almost 4 1/2 --5 weeks now. Also the last customer service rep told me that he didn't understand why they were jumping back-and-forth between soldiers grade and officers grade. Because I told Him that I couldn't ordered a soldier's grade and had at probly 2 months ago and he said yeah you're right. So at least the customer service reps are sympathetic but I still don't understand why it's taken so long. He told me 3 days after the shot show they were slammed with orders. Which would make sense because that's when I ordered it after the shot show.
He did tell me that because of the success of The Israeli rifle they are going to bring back the collector grades again possibly the STG or and R1. I would love to see I heavy barreled Canadian rifle.
1/1/34 ARMOR The CENTURIONS
Ayers Kaserne & Ft. Riley
100%Service-Connected Disabled Veteran
tankerfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2019, 14:38   #672
1911Ron
Registered

FALaholic #: 17513
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1910 View Post
Nah. Ive been patient enough. Thereís a big difference between 2 months and 4 months. I donít buy that it takes an extra 2 months to thread a barrel and spray paint a rifle when youíre working off of 2 patterns.

Especially when you have rifles later in the queue going out the door first.

The only excuse is that they donít have enough flash hiders or duracoat as the barrel and receiver are the same between both grades. If itís not that they need to communicate why they are not being transparent with the customer. Donít make promises you canít or donít plan on keeping.

When I sent work to ARS, no lead time was asked for or given because Mark has made it abundantly clear heís very busy on multiple platforms. Thatís fair. DSA put a lead time in writing.

DSA whiffing that bad on what comparatively amounts to a volumn product is not ok.
Well it is DSA after all
Old May 21, 2019, 16:05   #673
DSA_REP
Registered

FALaholic #: 80089
Location: I'm an active FAL enthusiast living in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Hey all... Just wanted to touch base with the group and update you on a few things.

We are working non-stop to get everything out.

Something to bear in mind, when rifles are going through our extended new QC procedures sometimes a rifle gets kicked back to production to have something corrected and made right. This can cause delays but the end-product will be worth the wait.

We are doing everything possible to ensure every rifle that leaves our shop is at the quality level you expect and deserve. I apologize personally to those who have been waiting. We have run into some troubles getting barrels on time but it's starting to get more consistent.

On a completely separate note...

Our first batch of R1 receivers is complete. We will be doing a limited run of R1 rifles and be offering stripped R1 receivers soon. With both the sanitation cut and non-cut. DSA imprint will be in the magwell.

Again, in small batches to ensure quality. Also will have inch pattern (Aussie-cut) and G1s available shortly after.

Will be taking pre-registration on these shortly.

Thanks all!

Thom K
DSArms
DSA_REP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2019, 16:16   #674
Flypaper
Craftsman
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 71040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbadshot View Post
Just snagged a type A bayonet to go with the soldier grade l ordered May 4. Its nicely worn look should be a better match then one of the restored ones available. Hoping to receive the rifal ...mybe late July or August
Youíre lucky I lost track of time. I wondered who got it for $61.xx.

Nice score.
Old May 21, 2019, 16:46   #675
Grahamneall
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA_REP View Post
Hey all... Just wanted to touch base with the group and update you on a few things.

Something to bear in mind, when rifles are going through our extended new QC procedures sometimes a rifle gets kicked back to production to have something corrected and made right. This can cause delays but the end-product will be worth the wait.

We are doing everything possible to ensure every rifle that leaves our shop is at the quality level you expect and deserve. I apologize personally to those who have been waiting. We have run into some troubles getting barrels on time but it's starting to get more consistent.

Our first batch of R1 receivers is complete. We will be doing a limited run of R1 rifles and be offering stripped R1 receivers soon. With both the sanitation cut and non-cut. DSA imprint will be in the magwell.

Again, in small batches to ensure quality. Also will have inch pattern (Aussie-cut) and G1s available shortly after.

Thanks all!

Thom K
DSArms
Thom....thanks for the update on the Izzy's & Receivers...

I'ts great the DSA logo will be inside the magwell.
Where do you intend to etch the serial number.
Also, what are the chances DSA ould do custom serialization to match the numbers on an existing build, as Coonan used to do ??

Finally, I am currently on the DSA 'Notify Me When Available' list for a few items including receivers. In fact, I spoke with your Customer Service today and mentioned the 'Notify Me...' list. I was told I would be receiving an email at the time they become available and to call as soon as I receive it.

There was no mention of 'Pre-Registration' as you noted (above).
Old May 21, 2019, 16:50   #676
flyboy1910
Registered

Quote:

Thanks all!

Thom K
DSArms
Thanks for the update.
Old May 21, 2019, 16:51   #677
DSA_REP
Registered

FALaholic #: 80089
Location: I'm an active FAL enthusiast living in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Serial numbers will be on the outside with the RA prefix. We want to do the custom serial numbers but we just don't have the infrastructure for that yet. I have it on my agenda for the next meeting but as of now I'm being told not yet.

From what I understand, they will be put up on the website with the same "Notify Me" function. We need to come up with a better way
DSA_REP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2019, 18:49   #678
Grahamneall
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Serial numbers will be on the outside with the RA prefix. We want to do the custom serial numbers but we just don't have the infrastructure for that yet. I have it on my agenda for the next meeting but as of now I'm being told not yet.

From what I understand, they will be put up on the website with the same "Notify Me" function. We need to come up with a better way
Thom...so does that mean there is, or is not a 'Pre-Order' request /
Cheers,
Graham.
Old May 21, 2019, 18:55   #679
Mrbadshot
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 82269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypaper View Post
Youíre lucky I lost track of time. I wondered who got it for $61.xx.

Nice score.
Lol, I got up early so I could pounce on it right at the end. ..supposed to arrive Thursday!
Mrbadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2019, 20:06   #680
gf113
Registered

FALaholic #: 80887
Quote:

Thanks all!

Thom K
DSArms
Any chance of a stg58 labeled clone receiver, with dsa logo in the magwell? I've got a steyr front end that needs a reciever.

Can you go into any detail about your new QC process?

Will there be any more improvements to your engraving process?
gf113 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2019, 21:59   #681
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Or just sell blank sided type 2 and type 1 with all your ATF required markings in the mag well. And let the cottage industry cover the myriad of marking options.

Like this Romat Model 3 I did last week on a DS-prefix type 2

Or this CAI thumbhole Argy Type 3

I'd much rather have done this on a type 1 DSA

This is the correct font size on this Rhody clone. But on a type 3 it looks small. A blank Type 1 or 2 would have been a much nicer host.

Last edited by gunplumber; May 21, 2019 at 22:25.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 02:51   #682
stewardlumy
Registered

FALaholic #: 82557

Hey i think these barrels did not woks fine you should try something Spam big ,,
stewardlumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 07:35   #683
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewardlumy View Post
Hey i think these barrels did not woks fine you should try something Spam big ,,
Oh, for sure. Spam big or go home.

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."-Mick "Pappy" Connors

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 08:05   #684
Tattered
Registered FAL offender
Contributor

FALaholic #: 14096
I am loving those receivers that you're doing, gunplumber! It would be great if DSA would sell the blank receivers. Heck I even signed up for the group buy that fell through, hoping I could get at least one.
Tattered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 08:20   #685
Grahamneall
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattered View Post
I am loving those receivers that you're doing, gunplumber! It would be great if DSA would sell the blank receivers. Heck I even signed up for the group buy that fell through, hoping I could get at least one.
I don't believe a 'Group Buy' has fallen through (?)

1) it has not been followed-up with DSA
2) DSA are tying up their Receiver resources building Izzy's....and as of yesterday, they are still taking orders for them.

For those who are wondering why the Soldier Grade are being shipped quicker than Officer grade, I was informed the the ratio between Officer Grade & Soldier Grade is somewhere in the 12/15 - 1 in sales of the Officer Grade.

DSA has received a new batch of Barrel blanks, so now they are in full production on that part.

Graham.
Old May 22, 2019, 08:24   #686
Tattered
Registered FAL offender
Contributor

FALaholic #: 14096
Well I'm still onboard for one if they do come through.
Tattered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 10:14   #687
cubrock
Registered

FALaholic #: 16034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamneall View Post
I don't believe a 'Group Buy' has fallen through (?)

1) it has not been followed-up with DSA
2) DSA are tying up their Receiver resources building Izzy's....and as of yesterday, they are still taking orders for them.

For those who are wondering why the Soldier Grade are being shipped quicker than Officer grade, I was informed the the ratio between Officer Grade & Soldier Grade is somewhere in the 12/15 - 1 in sales of the Officer Grade.

DSA has received a new batch of Barrel blanks, so now they are in full production on that part.

Graham.

That ratio doesn't surprise me, given the Officer Grades were introduced first and there is only $100ish difference between the two. A lot of people prefer pretty to battle worn. I like both.
cubrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 07:35   #688
Surly
Registered

FALaholic #: 3610
Quote:
I'm just saying if you wish to degrade someone at least get a good mixture of derogatory & logic which makes more sense.
If you're going to continue to attempt to degrade Mark, perhaps you should man the fawk up and unblock him. Instead you degrade yourself by being a gutless primate slinging shit at a mirror while we all watch from behind the glass.

An armed civilian is a citizen.
A disarmed civilian is a SUBJECT.

MCLMM

Former NRA Lifer
Surly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 08:30   #689
DakTo
MadMinuteDude
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
If you're going to continue to attempt to degrade Mark, perhaps you should man the fawk up and unblock him. Instead you degrade yourself by being a gutless primate slinging shit at a mirror while we all watch from behind the glass.

I don't make a habit of making other's problems my problems and I suggest you consider doing the same.
You can continue to listen to his non academtic personal insults towards past, present and dead members and business owners if that entertains you. I have listened it many times over the years. Graham is what he is and not what some perceive him to be.

Thank you for your concern and don't let your heart be troubled.
Old May 23, 2019, 23:42   #690
Chester Nimitz
Registered

FALaholic #: 28033
DSA Heavy Barrel and Light Barrel Matched Set

Real impressive pair. Curious to see the engraving on the HB
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/813072291
Chester Nimitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 23:52   #691
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Nimitz View Post
Real impressive pair. Curious to see the engraving on the HB
Picture 10. Different font than I use, but theirs is Makleon model 1A with a more square font. Mine is more italicized - have original photo examples of both.

Test laser burn

Makle'a Kal FN 7,62
"Machine Gun Light" (Makleon) Mod 1 Mk A - to differentiate from "(self) load rifle" on the Romat -

Last edited by gunplumber; May 23, 2019 at 23:59.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:01   #692
Chester Nimitz
Registered

Very nice Mark. Are you offering Israeli receiver engraving services?
Old Yesterday, 00:02   #693
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Very nice Mark. Are you offering Israeli receiver engraving services?
yes

I have Romat Model 1A & 3, and Makleon model 1A (Model 2 & 3 in progress)
Old Yesterday, 00:06   #694
Chester Nimitz
Registered

Which would be appropriate for Makleon hb on type 2 receiver?

Last edited by Chester Nimitz; Yesterday at 00:16.
Old Yesterday, 01:18   #695
wingnut152
Registered

FALaholic #: 82238
Well after a twelve and a half week wait, my soldier grade finally landed at my FFL today.

Wouldnít ya know Iíd have to be on vacation in Hawaii for ten days. Have to wait another week to see it!
wingnut152 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:18   #696
Surly
Registered

FALaholic #: 3610
Quote:
I don't make a habit of making other's problems my problems and I suggest you consider doing the same.
You can continue to listen to his non academtic personal insults towards past, present and dead members and business owners if that entertains you. I have listened it many times over the years. Graham is what he is and not what some perceive him to be.

Thank you for your concern and don't let your heart be troubled.
It doesn't gloss over the fact that you're a chickenshit for blocking him and then continuously posting shit about him.

We are all what others perceive us to be because that's how it works in the real world. For instance, when Mark calls you a "lying piece of shit", I don't see anyone stepping up to the plate to say he's wrong. The same is true when I point out you being a chickenshit for blocking him and then posting bullshit or lying about him. You can add lying coward to your resume because that's what we all see here.

I have a suggestion for you...it starts with a big, fat juicy F and I'm certain you can figure out the rest despite your being a liar and a coward.

An armed civilian is a citizen.
A disarmed civilian is a SUBJECT.

MCLMM

Former NRA Lifer
Surly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:57   #697
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Which would be appropriate for Makleon hb on type 2 receiver?
I have images of original Makleon on type 2 receivers with the model 3 marking.

Also the long marking (with parenthesis) as a model 2 on a type 2
Old Yesterday, 13:54   #698
tankerfrank
Registered

FALaholic #: 7360
16 weeks still no Officers model, I know itwill come one day but I'm so anxious.
1/1/34 ARMOR The CENTURIONS
Ayers Kaserne & Ft. Riley
100%Service-Connected Disabled Veteran
tankerfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:12   #699
ruskiegunlover
Registered

I cannot post pics from my phone. Can someone pm me an email address and post them for me? Will try to get some good ones of my officer up.