The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Survival & Preparedness

Notices

Old February 02, 2017, 11:45   #501
TenTea
Registered

FALaholic #: 72247
Quote:
The Congressional EMP Commission warns that nuclear-armed rogue states or terrorists could make a high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack that could blackout the national electric grid and other life-sustaining critical infrastructures for over a year killing 9 of 10 Americans by starvation and societal collapse.
Gives me pause: Do I really want to be a member of the 10 percent?

Might be fun for awhile...

TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 02, 2017, 11:48   #502
TenTea
Registered

Goes to eleven!

Old March 15, 2017, 09:33   #503
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
The world keeps getting more interesting. Back on the rural issue for the taskforce (yes, the new boss is taking the issue seriously). On the rural issue, a problem has popped up. No seed. Look up Syngenta US, the Chinese govt. is buying up all seed production capability. (Also suing the US for growing soybean, they claim they invented it 180 years ago (yes, that's right) and we need to pay. Soybean germination was down 42% this year so the genes need to be refreshed. Guess what, the USDA seed bank never kept any base seed ( no budget for this since Clinton cut it.) Now China refuses to provide base seed until we pay back royalities. Obama said, we need to be nice, new folks aren't happy, so we'll see where that goes. Food will be used in the next war.
Anyway for your entertainment: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ea-iran-need-/
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2017, 12:02   #504
TenTea
Registered

Maybe China is peeved that the top destinations of US grain exports are Japan, South Korea and Taiwan?

https://www.grains.org/market-data/t...xport-partners
Old March 15, 2017, 12:18   #505
warmshadow
Registered

FALaholic #: 79133
emp shots down all electronic devices, cause tremor and shatter network. dont know how long it will take it all the come back up, some nuclear war heads also have the same effects.
warmshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2017, 15:06   #506
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmshadow View Post
emp shots down all electronic devices, cause tremor and shatter network. dont know how long it will take it all the come back up, some nuclear war heads also have the same effects.
English wasn't your best subject in school, was it

"A country should never become so civilized that it will hesitate to do violence upon those wishing it harm." Hagar

I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2017, 15:20   #507
MordeanGrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTea View Post
Maybe China is peeved that the top destinations of US grain exports are Japan, South Korea and Taiwan?

https://www.grains.org/market-data/t...xport-partners
Depends on what grain. China has been importing lots of U.S. grain sorghum recently.

http://www.agweb.com/article/grain-s...-betsy-jibben/

but it is slowing.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gr...-idUSKCN0VC2V2
MordeanGrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2017, 15:29   #508
medicmike
Registered

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
English wasn't your best subject in school, was it
Doggone It....now I have to clean the Jameson off my computer screen.
Old March 17, 2017, 16:16   #509
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
Hey, hey, don't be wasting that stuff !!!!

"A country should never become so civilized that it will hesitate to do violence upon those wishing it harm." Hagar

I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.
Old March 17, 2017, 16:27   #510
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmshadow View Post
Welcome to the FF, where having a sense of humor, use of the spell checker, thick ass hide, and the ability to tell some folks to just fug off on occasion comes in real handy.

Now guys, stop eating our young, it does not taste like chicken, and upsets people reading their morning papers and drinking their tea!
Old March 17, 2017, 16:48   #511
xtremerange
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4305
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
Did the Jameson on the screen look like the question market that was missing?
Old March 20, 2017, 15:54   #512
C2A1
Registered

Passing along as it is public:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/09...et-engine.html
Note:"Kim was quoted as ordering officials and scientists to COMPLETE preperations for a satellite lunch as soon as possible, amid the enemies harsh sanctions and moves to stifle the North".
He is a rat in the corner.
Old March 20, 2017, 18:14   #513
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
Passing along as it is public:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/09...et-engine.html
Note:"Kim was quoted as ordering officials and scientists to COMPLETE preperations for a satellite lunch as soon as possible, amid the enemies harsh sanctions and moves to stifle the North".
He is a rat in the corner.

He seems to enjoy ladies and fine food, not so much having a 500 lb J-dam flown through his bedroom window.
Lil' Kim does anything stupid that actually harms people, his life expectancy is near zero and he knows it.
Iran, now they are true blue believers, and that outfit could and would do anything regardless if they survive the effort or not, and that's scary as hell.
If they ever hit Israel hard, they cease to exist and what that leads too is anyone's guess.
Europe still needs that oil and if the area turns into a parking lot full of glass overnight, well, the world would change and not for the good for anyone.
Having a nice bunker/fallout shelter, below ground level and with a 12 inch concrete top, with a decent air filtration system, ain't such a nutter idea.
Old March 20, 2017, 19:20   #514
C2A1
Registered

Sad news is his relationship with Iran. The recent Li6 indicates that he has reached a level beyond simple nukes and that several shipments have been to Iran. He is just one weird dude. I think that if he thought he was loosing control away things would fly. In the last meetings, was briefed on Iran and things very dicey. I was told they will go for it but have had some set backs in Syria. The talk was if a co-ordinated attack would occur.
When it comes it will be out of the blue (no pun intended).
Old March 20, 2017, 19:23   #515
medicmike
Registered

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Europe still needs that oil and if the area turns into a parking lot full of glass overnight, well, the world would change and not for the good for anyone.
I always say "we can drill through glass"
Old March 20, 2017, 20:55   #516
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Sad news is his relationship with Iran. The recent Li6 indicates that he has reached a level beyond simple nukes and that several shipments have been to Iran. He is just one weird dude. I think that if he thought he was loosing control away things would fly. In the last meetings, was briefed on Iran and things very dicey. I was told they will go for it but have had some set backs in Syria. The talk was if a co-ordinated attack would occur.
When it comes it will be out of the blue (no pun intended).
Israel is openly attacking targets inside Syria, open for them anyway.
If they hit an Iranian outfit, or G-D forbid get into it with Russian Migs by accident or design of the Ruskies, it could all blow up.
Hezbollah is fully funded, trained, and supplied by Iran, working out of Lebanon, attacks a couple days ago were Izzies taking care of Iranian arms and rockets going into Lebanon.
Korea or Iran, got to go with Iran as being the flash point.
China wins nothing if Lil'Kim gets stupid and a whole lot to loose.
Iran is the wildcard and really crazy man with a big gun.
And we're due another major dust up in the middle east.
Old March 20, 2017, 21:15   #517
Exit308
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Quote:
Having a nice bunker/fallout shelter, below ground level and with a 12 inch concrete top, with a decent air filtration system, ain't such a nutter idea.
Back to the future.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2017, 22:08   #518
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
Back to the future.
Its kinda nice to have, mama is retiring end of school year and plans to spend All her time with me.
Old March 21, 2017, 13:07   #519
C2A1
Registered

My wife told me if I retire, I need to buy a new house for myself.
NK boy is a nut job and jumps around like a scalded money (of course he maybe like that monkey on You tube given an AK). Iran is slow and quite, the serpent they are.
Old March 21, 2017, 21:02   #520
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
My wife told me if I retire, I need to buy a new house for myself.
NK boy is a nut job and jumps around like a scalded money (of course he maybe like that monkey on You tube given an AK). Iran is slow and quite, the serpent they are.
Got a nice shop building going up shortly, and first thing I did, made sure had room for a large ass couch, coffee pot, and also an area for the large screen tv hooked up to direct tv.
Women are extremely devious and smart, men have to plan ahead to beat'em!!!!!!
A hidden room ain;t a bad idea either.
Old March 22, 2017, 07:36   #521
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

Quote:
A hidden room ain;t a bad idea either.
Be careful with this - they catch you with it and they are likely to brick up the entrance. With you inside. AMHIK.