Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The SIG Files

Notices

Old July 27, 2016, 13:25   #1
Slaughter
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 73180

Needed a 45ACP in my life again.

Picked up Sig Sauer 1911 from a buddy. Looks to be sweet. Will have to post pictures when I get an appropriate adult beverage.
Slaughter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2016, 14:03   #2
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Anticipating photographic style points...

Honestly, just the arm itself would be fine.
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2016, 15:28   #3
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Must drink the big cans....
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2016, 19:53   #4
Slaughter
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

I know it's not one o' them thar HI Capacity mags... but if I can't get the job done in 7 (or 8), I got no biddness even OWNIN' a 45 ACP pistol.

Last edited by Slaughter; August 08, 2016 at 19:33.
Old July 27, 2016, 20:03   #5
Slaughter
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

Only dry-fired on some old empty cases. Don't think I'd change a thing. The wife likes the way it feels in her hand. Single row mag is more manageable for her. (she's looking for a pistol too before the laws go crazy on us all). Going shooting with a bunch of friends and we'll all bring a bunch of pistols of different calibers and types so she can try 'em all.

She's never shot a .45 before but has done just fine with +P .38 in a friend's S&W M19.

My buddy who sold it collects pistols the way many of us find FALs mysteriously sprouting from piles of parts - except he buys them in one piece. I believe him when he says he's only shot about 500 rounds. I got a box of a thousand rounds coming in. Heck, still have the carbide dies and haven't loaded 45 for more than 20 years.

Last edited by Slaughter; July 27, 2016 at 21:32.
Old July 28, 2016, 08:29   #6
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 18465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
Only dry-fired on some old empty cases. Don't think I'd change a thing. The wife likes the way it feels in her hand. Single row mag is more manageable for her. (she's looking for a pistol too before the laws go crazy on us all). Going shooting with a bunch of friends and we'll all bring a bunch of pistols of different calibers and types so she can try 'em all.

She's never shot a .45 before but has done just fine with +P .38 in a friend's S&W M19.

Congrats on the Sig, maybe the wife would like one in 38 Super flavor? Don't know if they make Supers, but it would be nice if they did.

1911, works for me.
Old July 28, 2016, 08:46   #7
Slaughter
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINER View Post
Congrats on the Sig, maybe the wife would like one in 38 Super flavor? Don't know if they make Supers, but it would be nice if they did.

1911, works for me.
Having owned a Government model 1911 a number of years ago, I found that my fingers automatically fell to all the controls. I like the way it feels. But I may be hard-wired that way!
Old July 28, 2016, 15:41   #8
DJ
Registered

FALaholic #: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post

My buddy who sold it collects pistols the way many of us find FALs mysteriously sprouting from piles of parts - except he buys them in one piece. I believe him when he says he's only shot about 500 rounds. I got a box of a thousand rounds coming in. Heck, still have the carbide dies and haven't loaded 45 for more than 20 years.
Congrats on the Sig.
I think if your wife can handle a Model 19 with +P in it, she can handle a .45.
A year or so ago, I added a Remington R1 to my collection of 1911s. I was a little leary of the Remington at first, but the more I shoot it the more I like it. I love the sights on it. 3 dot, and big enough and tall enough for my poor old tired eyes to see, but not so big that they cause problems hanging up in the holster.
Old July 28, 2016, 15:50   #9
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Don't have any 1911 Sigs but a big fan of Sigs.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2016, 17:25   #10
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Rather than start a new SIG 1911 thread figured I would resurrect this one. Purchased a Tacops TB as a suppressor host and has become a joy to shoot. So much so that had to start thinking about logging round count to know when to respring and then rebuild it if kept pounding on it weekly. Always liked SIG's and always liked 11911's so being able to mix the two in same package is becoming addicting Have now added to the pile-o-SIG's.

So now have the Tacops TB, Target and a Nightmare. All are five inch pistols but looking at a 4.2" pistol and then buying an extra 5" barrel to cut to 4.7" and thread so the short version can be used as a suppressor host in addition to the Tacops. Also looking at one of the race gun style and sending the Target model back into SIG's custom shop for "factory" upgrades as prices are dirt cheap. They will install tritium night sights about as cheap as can buy and install myself but just want to do the front sight and have them install their skeleton trigger with four pound factory pull and see how tight they will make it shoot without messing with myself or sending to smith of the week. Looks like this is going to become a hobby of its own.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2016, 18:32   #11
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Checked P.O. Box after church and new toy arrived so had to run test it out. Getting a second range day on weekend is always a bonus as try to spend most of them with wife. SIG 1911 plastic paddle holster with detachable magazine pouch. Since started running so much more SIG stuff lately been trying their accessories also. What purchased for it does intended job.

Notice with ten round magazine how high magazine is. Have to clear it with muzzle before begin forward movement with pistol.

With eight round magazine have at least an inch less to clear before begin sweeping gun forward and up into merge with weak hand.

The location of the magazine holder turned out to be a bummer. Added almost a half second to draw making sure gun was up and clear of magazine. Sure some practice and would become more accustomed to it but slowing draw, magazine on strong hand side, won't be using with the extra attachment unless just doing slow fire drills and want an extra magazine handy. Need mags on left side for faster reloads and don't need to be concentrating on if gun is clear of magazine to transition into next phase of draw.

Now to meat of matter. After playing with new Target Model pulled off the mag holder and dropped the Tacops TB with rail under slide. Dang rail caught and would drag to some extent with every one of my leather holsters driving me nutts. Mag holder in junk box and angle tweaked the Tacops TB comes out of this rig like greased lightning. The Target and the Nightmare without rail come in and out of leather fine with no issues so now have rearranged holster assignments and the Tacops is a happy pistol.

Gotten so used to the lock on these style pistols even with leather finger will tap side of holster as draw but doesn't even cost a tenth of a second now plus feel more secure someone with slippery fingers won't snatch my on pistol on me in a crowd scenario. My leather holsters mostly have thumb breaks with snaps to retain them which after 30+ years is intuitive. Now my first 1911 with a rail won't be my last. Have found a setup where rail doesn't cost any speed so if trip across deals on 1911's with rails am ready to go. Was pretty sure would become a non issue as the 2022's and other pistols with rails come out of hard holsters fine. Just had so much 1911 leather was trying to cheap out and not spend money on more holsters.

Speed is up a couple of tenths already over the fastest leather had for the Tacops TB which was an open top Jackslide. The Jackslide is back in the 1911 accessories junk box with the magazine pouch that came with this new holster. If SIG will do a redesign and move mounting rail to bottom of holster and magazine doesn't block muzzle when clears holster they will be able to sell me more plastic bling. So if looking for a hard plastic holster for a pistol with a rail this gets a thumbs up just don't spend money for the magazine carrier unless want to slow your draw down.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old October 30, 2016, 18:36   #12
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
I've been pleased with the Sig 1911s. While I am hesitant to change anything that has worked for a hundred years, I do think the coil spring extractor is an improvement, and unlike the Kimber FP safety under the rear sigh (which can't be cleaned without removing the rear sight) it does not alter much.

It's still obsolete as hell, and a Glock 17 will run circles around it, all day, every day. But for those who want something nostalgic to go with their Springfield 03A3 or their Garand, it's a nice gun.
Old October 30, 2016, 18:39   #13
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Checked P.O. Box after church and new toy arrived
So now you're an FFL? That's odd, as you don't show up on ATF's public records listing of all FFLs.

Lemme guess - you're lying again.

Or you're committing felonies.

Which is it?
Old October 30, 2016, 20:42   #14
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
So now you're an FFL? That's odd, as you don't show up on ATF's public records listing of all FFLs.

Lemme guess - you're lying again.

Or you're committing felonies.

Which is it?
Quote:
Checked P.O. Box after church and new toy arrived so had to run test it out. Getting a second range day on weekend is always a bonus as try to spend most of them with wife. SIG 1911 plastic paddle holster with detachable magazine pouch. Since started running so much more SIG stuff lately been trying their accessories also. What purchased for it does intended job.
So just to be sure I haven't missed something. I don't need an FFL to order a plastic holster now? First paragraph seems pretty clear that post is discussing "SIG accessories". If so I better back up and cancel some other orders. Todays post was a review of said plastic holster. The post from Saturday mentioned buying the SIG Target plus a Nightmare and came from LGS on Form 4473's just like normal. Nope, you helped talk me out of going the FFL route when I first started lurking around here.

Yes, can say the 1911 has been eclipsed by better technology but am pretty sure a stainless steel 1911 has less chance of recall 100 years from now due to extended exposure to U.V. light and petroleum products but that's not even an issue in reality. I just like a SA pistol with a hammer can see, has a safety and is something carried for 30+ years thus familiarity is firmly ingrained.

Last couple backups I purchased were Walther PK 380's just because it had a hammer, safety and can run SA if choose plus recoil is super plush for wife as her bones weaken. Like my SIG 2022's getting over the plastic about as fast as a box turtle runs a marathon but getting there. I rode the short bus to school.
Old October 31, 2016, 07:45   #15
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

My mistake. I understood you had received the Sig in the mail, not the Sig holster.

I'm so used to every word out of your mouth being a lie, that it is simply not rational for me or anyone else to assume your assertion true.
Old October 31, 2016, 15:44   #16
Retired Bum
Registered

FALaholic #: 21904
Every shooter needs to have at least one decent 1911 in his battery of pistols.

Last year I wandered into a LGS just to have a look around and spotted one of the Colt M1911 100th Anniversary Models which was NIB. Not cheap at $1400 plus tax but I just had to have it. Out came my DL and Visa and 20 minutes later it was mine.

I am never going to shoot it. I have five other Colt's and two S&W 1911's if I want to shoot .45 ACP.

Don't dump on me but if I were to CCW or open carry a .45 Auto it would be my 1995 made Sig P220 with triple serial numbers. Purchased new that year and still looks like it just came out of the plastic case. DA/SA auto's are my choice of carry these days.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Retired Bum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 07, 2016, 18:45   #17
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

So now am piling up a passel of SIG 1911's but only the Target has this chamber cut:

Called SIG as was curious, obviously a loaded chamber indicator but not on any others so had to know what was up. Rep in custom shop said it was required in Massachusetts and generally only found on SIGs sold in that state. He looked up serial number and said it was defiantly shipped to Georgia, to my LGS and the factory records show it built with the Massachusetts barrel. Why, nobody knows, not even the dealer I purchased it through. Put another into the collection over the weekend and now out of four, the Target model has the worst trigger of any. It's not bad, just not as good as the others.

Discussed their custom shop work and their website says their deluxe trigger job with skelotonized trigger could be taken down close to four pounds. Found out they would go lower so began discussing what wanted done. The pistol leaves on FedX tomorrow and is going to get skelotonized trigger, 3.5 pound pull trigger enhancement, polished feedramp, eleven degree target crown, tritium front sight (normally just do the tritium on front sights but my other SIG's glow front and rear), do full reliability and accuracy package, magwell funnel, VIP round trip shippimg and returned with test target at a silly inexpensive price. Told him was pushing well over 500 rounds through it and approaching 1,000 which he said if smith sees wear, will respring and replace any other wear parts without additional cost. If blow 150 through in morning will have 1k through it so probably start the day with a long session.

Getting more than price sheet shows available for 1911's. Told him if when lands back at my door it is as slick as he claims, will box up another and keep mailing one at a time till they let me down. To get what he says will be true custom shop work at such a decent price and factory warranty backing it up seems like a no brainer to even someone who rode the short bus. Also if involved in litigation carrying a "factory pistol" not a home brew or third party custom. It's an out of the box pistol from SIG. With triggers on the other ones on the fat side of five pounds an inexpensive crisp no creep, no travel trigger set to 3.5 pounds is perfect for carry pistol. Going to shoot a few groups from rest in morning before box up, measure actual trigger pull then when returns will give you guys my opinion of the factory shop. Hope it meets their sales pitch as price is right and want all of them tuned up by someone.
Old November 26, 2016, 20:16   #18
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

When realized the SIG 1911 Target had worst trigger of all my SIG 1911's called them to find out it was a Massachusetts gun. Their Massachusetts guns are built to a different standard to meet rules to be sold in the land of communists. Their records showed it was shipped to Georgia to my LGS but no idea why. A little hemming around and back to their custom shop it went with a 3.5 week turn around promise. Showed up back home in two weeks.

Ambidextrous safety added, magazine funnel, aggressively textured grips and more. Most important was their lightweight trigger which came back set between 3.25 and 3.5 pound pull. All controls are so crisp and slick that my other SIG 1911's are going to go in for same treatment.

Added a tritium front sight which most of my carry guns only do the front. Kept the rear factory adjustible sight so still a three dot style but if want to carry its better for low light situations.

Had 11 degree target crown done to touch up any nicks and to recess it to make sure able to wring all the accuracy possible out of factory barrel. Also had feedramp and throat polished to ensure reliable feeding.

As in all custom work, the proof is in the pudding. Did not shoot it from bags or machine rest before sent off and neither since getting back. Below are three targets fired two hand hold, slow fire unsupported. The gun obviously shoots better than me but won't make me look like a total chump at the range and can double as carry pistol if choose.

Five rounds at 25 feet.

Ten rounds at 25 feet.

35 rounds at 25 feet to empty standard size box of ammo in initial out of box test. As loose aiming point always had tendency to slowly drift groups to left. Think my astigmatism or feathering trigger too light is cause.

Have 400 rounds through it as of today and will be my primary carry tomorrow since it's my most fired pistol of the week and proven will do all I am capable of if pressed into service. FYI, it was $319 for all parts, labor and expidited two way shipping. Original deal was $239 but magazine funnel and grips added a few bucks as was not in original scope of work requested.
Old December 13, 2016, 17:30   #19
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Walked in LGS for afternoon cruise and was disappointed to not see any fresh gently used pistols to merry up my Christmas when suddenly from rear appeared a box with a SIG 1911 STX from their custom shop with all the little tricks already done. Man ordered, kept less than a month and traded in on a minor caliber SIG Max Michael. 45 acp in a five inch gun was too much for him. Whats funny is they didn't even bother to price it and put on shelf, just left in back room till I wandered in before going to effort to print a tag and make room in case for it. Stock photo:

Shop was busy, had a line doing background checks and had somewhere needed to be so threw down a quick downpayment and will go back Friday to pick up. Has all the bells and whistles available on STX models with skelotonized trigger at crisp four pounds. Know it's just $149 away from complete run thru by their custom shop and return with 3.25 pound ice sickle trigger. Other than losing 3/4 pounds on the trigger, reinstating a SIG warranty in my name plus knowing they will respring it even with only a single box of ammo through it and return with original parts for spares is worth the price. Insides will also be polished like jewlery also along with my preferred guy taking a personal eye to every detail. Will still be over $300 under retail after the round trip to New Hampshire and will fire more rounds this weekend than gun saw total with original owner.

Amazing how many major caliber full size SIG 1911 trade ins tripping across. Put my hands on a NIB 4.2" Nickle Compact offered up at a really fair price and going to be hard not to add it to the ticket for an even half dozen SIG 1911's which is the entry point to a collection. I may need to find a support group to join before this most recent fetish becomes a perversion. When realized looked past four Colts going straight to the SIG stack something has to be wrong, who would ignore the gun with the horse to look at some Johnny Come Lately to the 1911 world with a non standard extractor as habit now?
Old December 16, 2016, 20:38   #20
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Had just enough time to go exchange Federal Reserve Notes today for the STX so here are a couple quick pics instead of stock image. Gun is slick as could want out of the box but becoming used to the 3.25 pound trigger on my Target Model so first week of the New Year it's going back to New Hampshire for some custom in-house factory love.

Sights are near perfect as like the height of front post and adjustible rear. Magwell is fine but the slick shiny fancy grips have to go into plastic bag so don't damage for something with an aggressive texture for actual carry and use. Will have them swap to a true lightweight commander style hammer like the Target Model, polish and fit internals like the last they massaged and call it my dual purpose carry/IDPA pistol more than likely.

Told may run a sale after Christmas on the huge shelf of SIG 1911's and said if i was motivated properly would likely take one of the 3.3" Ultra Compacts and 4.2" Compacts home to round out a fair representation of the product line. A 5" primary with 4.2" backup and 3.3" for back pocket would be entertaining to see looks in people's eyes as 1911's just kept piling up from concealment. Just ordered a Civilian Ghost IDPA rig to use with the new pile of SIG's and one of the super tacky center of back butterfly rigs that carries two 5" pistols mirrored for strong and weak hand draw. Some reason the SIG's have gotten my 1911 bug going so strong am buying them on about a six week rotation and enjoying cleaning the Colts for vault queen duty. Guess it's time for the guns with the horse to rest in the barn. Will have to pick one for an unlimited build also so can butcher something that's just a mass produced CNC clone with no soul.

Last edited by hueyville; December 16, 2016 at 20:44.
Old January 22, 2017, 22:59   #21
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

STX grips were way too pretty to mess up and slick when wet as found out shooting in rain the other day. Replaced with same textured grips that are standard on the Tacops model and put originals up so don't get beat up.

Scored another lightly used 2022 in 9mm with three magazines, both size grip panels, factory holster and hard carrying case for $300. Still the best value in carry pistols as $300 to $350 is not hard to find
Old March 20, 2017, 13:36   #22
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

So I finally added a compact model to the collection of SIG 1911's.

Compared to SIG Target

Compared to Tacops TB for size.

The Compact model is 4.2" instead of the standard 5" 1911. Just picked up today between doctors appointments and unsure if will have time to go into office and shoot it. Have a few extra new in package SIG ambidextrous safeties so should have that swapped in this evening. Plan to run through a 1,000 or so rounds through it and ship to SIG custom shop like have three of the others thus far to get that crisp 3.25 pound trigger. So now have an even six pack of SIG 1911's with three more would like to add as representative sampling of their product line. Also have six SIG 2022's for a second six pack and working toward a SIG P220 Elite 45 and P220 Pro Hunter 10mm with factory red dot.

Plan to take two 5" and the one 5.5" SIG's along with a couple of 3.5" and 3.75" compact models from other manufacturers to get a good feel for how it handles in comparison. My guess is it will not be hugely different than a Colt Commander. It's not a lightweight so won't be much more to handle than a full size. With supplied magazines holds 6+1 rounds. Of course usually carry eight or ten rounders for spare magazines.
Old March 20, 2017, 14:15   #23
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
Have not owned a Sig 1911 but they sure are good looking pistols and I like your wadcutter targets.
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2017, 18:51   #24
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Am a 1911 aficionado of epic proportions. From pre WW1, WW2, 70's and 80's vintage Colts, lucky to have sucked up significant number of Randall's their two years in business, first generation Detonics, Dan Wesson's and more, love the things. Wish had not devalued so many older Colts using for custom builds but in late 70's and early 80's only other options were Springfield and Essex. Bought an Essex frame, fitted a donor Colt slide and in a few months the frame had worn so much had to rebuild upper onto another Colt frame. Built a custom Springfield early 80's pistol that didn't hold up getting 500+ rounds per week pushed down bore for long.

Now so many good options on 1911's it's amazing. Also a lot of junk coming out of the Phillipines. Like the extractor on Springfield's version and wide selection of models. Buy 90% of what want off the shelf then send to SIG's custom shop for final 10% plus hand fit and finishing. Have a totally "factory" pistol with factory warranty. If involved in litigation not toting a pistol made more deadly or dangerous in the basement with a honing stone or drop in parts. Run Hornady Critical Duty or Critical Defense in all and they will not let you down. Never took to Kimber as ship so tight it takes a couple thousand rounds to lossen up enough for carry. The SIG Target, STX and other similar configurations seem to have tighter fit than their carry designs. Almost like they are trying to build nice pistols.

Now need a Max Michael to build a race gun on, Ultra Compact, minor caliber 9mm and a 357 SIG then can move on to a P220 Elite SAO 45 then P220 Hunter SAO 10mm. Trying to be consistent in my hunt for deals of units on my list. Oh yes, need another 2022 in 40 with threaded barrel and 9mm without. Both 9's have TB's and none of the 40's have one though with four 40's may be smarter to just swap a barrel. 14 of last 19 pistols purchased have been SIG's with another six pack on my list. Not had a single complaint that any other factory off the shelf pistol would have. Still liking wife's Walther PK380's better than SIG P238's and if going for compact skip past the 238's and stick a stainless Charter Arms 380 backup in pocket. Own eight of those at last count because wife likes to steal them and can buy replacements for under $200. Giving her the PK380's seem to have stopped that issue after she shot the Walters and realized were soft and smooth as butter.
Old April 03, 2017, 08:24   #25
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Had hands on SIG 1911 Platinum Elite 5" and Compact from same seller yesterday. Both used but with original boxes and magazines. Not consequtive serials or anything special other than discontinued models. Buds sold their last clean used Platinum for $778 and full retail was $1,099 each, street price new $850 to $900 according to my SIG dealer. Seller had marked at $1k each so made a reasonable offer on the pair. When realized wanted both he went up on price. Claimed mistagged by an employee and were actually $1,200 each. Thought he had a fish with hook set when mentioned had several SIG 1911's. Showed him Buds price, a couple closed Gunbroker and other auction site sales and offered a fair $1,500 for pair. Thought I had raped his wife he got so upset. They suddenly became rare collectibles. Liked the machined aluminum grips and two tone nickle over blue steel. If anyone spots a SIG Platinum, appreciate a heads up.
Old April 05, 2017, 06:31   #26
metalreptile
Registered

FALaholic #: 26243
Ran across an STX the other day in a local pawn shop. Looks almost new other than a faint idiot mark. Laid it away & should have it home in a week or two. Already have the Carry Nightmare and whatever name they gave the basic Government Model. No rails. I hate rails on a 1911.
I'll probably leave the STX grips in place, they are indeed nice looking grips tho!
Pawn shop also had another SIG 1911.....not sure which model, but it had a Commander size slide, with an Officer's model size grip. Hated it.
Old April 05, 2017, 22:26   #27
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Where in N.C.? If don't mind, PM name of shop and may see if willing to work with me on the odd sized SIG. Have an idea that might split it into two separate pistols. If it's the compact or double nickle compact will hold six in magazine and have 4.2" slide. That was my last buy and liked it. Would like to put a 4.5" barrel threaded for compensator on slide and stick it on standard frame. Have a spare officers model slide with carry comp could put on the short frame. Doubt I will seek out anymore with rails. Too sharp, catch on everything unless purchase specific holster. Can also leave it alone to keep filling gaps in the SIG 1911 collection. You will enjoy the STX, one of my favorite SIG's thus far. Guy on fleabay sells original Tacops grips for $5 if change mind about saving the pretty originals from harm.
Old April 09, 2017, 21:45   #28
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
Quote:
STX grips were way too pretty to mess up and slick when wet as found out shooting in rain the other day. Replaced with same textured grips that are standard on the Tacops model and put originals up so don't get beat up.

Scored another lightly used 2022 in 9mm with three magazines, both size grip panels, factory holster and hard carrying case for $300. Still the best value in carry pistols as $300 to $350 is not hard to find
Still Looking around here for SIGS and still do Not find many in any store except high end outfits, do wish you and I could do some 2022 business.
COBC #1- That's all Folks.
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 09, 2017, 22:34   #29
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

My LGS's ship everywhere in U.S. PM a want list and when spot it will let you know. Once I buy one it gets played with till next toy or two come along and gets buried in a vault somewhere. Right now looking for a Platinum, Max Michael, Sub Compact in 45 then moving into 357 SIG and minor caliber SIG 1911's. Have my quota of 40 Smith and 9mm 2022's and next will be a 357 SIG. Have a local member trying to help with a 2022 and all I need is people's wish list and if find deal will pull out of display case and tag to hold. Have three highly motivated shops with good relationships.
Old April 10, 2017, 21:35   #30
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
I've owned 5 different 1911-pattern guns.

My advice is don't wear loose collars, and do wear a hat and eye protection.

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2017, 22:49   #31
STGThndr
Registered

FALaholic #: 14583
Huey I love that rounded backstrap on that SIG 1911.. that looks like it would be real comfortable to fire in my somewhat gimpy right hand... (old injury/surgery returning to haunt my declining years) I can't comfortably shoot those flat backstraps, never cared for em, now I hate em!
While I still have a couple Colt 1911's and swear by the Combat Commander, Ive moved into the Glock 21 orbit the last couple years due in part to the ergo's and comfort. Whether or not the Glocks will be functional in 100 years is as irrelevant to me as whether a 1911 would have been functional in 100 years had I lived in 1911...
Frankly my old HiPowers are startin to look good again. Or maybe a .357 SIG cuz I can and it don't mean shit at my age anyway...
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B Yeats
STGThndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2017, 19:42   #32
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

My only beef with SIG is have three Tacops TB's in different versions. Supposed to be suppressor ready out of the box. The 1911 Tacops top of sights are not even level to top of can.

Even with the SIG 2022 Tacops TB and one of the oblong/rectangular Osprey suppressor factory sights are dead level with top of can.

Have four SIG's set up to run cans by SIG and all sights stare at the can. Having to order tall tritium sights for pistols sold as suppressor hosts is just not right. I know SIG makes cans and can screw one on and go Oops, order some Trijicon tall units so customers get the over $200 premium they put on TB models.

The round butt feels odd in my hand but hides a little better. So used to a straight mainspring housing it's natural, even with my mangled hand.