Notices

Old June 17, 2018, 21:39   #451
kwthor
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 49571
Crying time again

Lurker here.

All set to go and even bring a friend who is new to FALs. Friday friend calls and says family emergency so he can't go.
Saturday a construction project scheduled for August got moved up to this week. So I can't come this year. Bummer! I was all set to nail that King Shot this year.
Y'al have a good time and take plenty of pics so I can see what I missed.

Ken out
Old June 17, 2018, 21:42   #452
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijinsamurai View Post
Is there any chance someone could mark the turns, from Hwy. 22 to the camp site?
It's been a good four years since I've driven to the place, and I'm pretty sure I'll get lost...

I expect to arrive Saturday, around noon. My wife and daughter will be with me. Son is camping with Boy Scouts.
If you are on Hwy 22, you would definitely be lost...

I am sure someone can PM directions from Hwy 20...

It will be good to see you !

tdb59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2018, 21:45   #453
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwthor View Post
Lurker here.

All set to go and even bring a friend who is new to FALs. Friday friend calls and says family emergency so he can't go.
Saturday a construction project scheduled for August got moved up to this week. So I can't come this year. Bummer! I was all set to nail that King Shot this year.
Y'al have a good time and take plenty of pics so I can see what I missed.

Ken out
poop.

We will miss your presence, Sir!

Old June 17, 2018, 22:48   #454
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x401 View Post
Yea, whatever. I finished the 8x13 targets.

I didn't finish anything. I *did*, however, find a couple of pieces of steel that I thought were missing, so that's a solid win.

Gonna paint tomorrow. Gonna pack the garage Tuesday. Gonna pack the truck Wednesday (which I've never done before), and I'm gonna be eating Mexican in Sisters for lunch Thursday.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2018, 22:48   #455
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwthor View Post
Lurker here.

Ken out
Ken!! Bummer, man. I was hoping to catch up this week.

We'll take pictures and see you next year for sure.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old June 17, 2018, 22:49   #456
gaijinsamurai
Registered

FALaholic #: 24362
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdb59 View Post
If you are on Hwy 22, you would definitely be lost...

I am sure someone can PM directions from Hwy 20...

It will be good to see you !

Sorry, I meant 20!

I’m sorry to hear you won’t be attending, Ken.
gaijinsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2018, 22:50   #457
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijinsamurai View Post
Is there any chance someone could mark the turns, from Hwy. 22 to the camp site? ...

I'm not marking anything. But I'll give you directions. Check PMs.
Old June 17, 2018, 23:18   #458
nickmil
Registered

FALaholic #: 77041
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
Yeah, but no one is bitching about 80* are they? I don't want to jinx us or anything, but it's not like we're talking about 100*, or even 90*...

Our hottest year was 104*. No one showed up to shoot anything. Except Dave, Marlin, me, and Evelyn. It was miserable.

But sportsnut made some bitchin' crawdad chow that night, so that was good.
My first year it was over 100*. It was well over 90 when setting up the tent around 10pm that first night we showed up.
nickmil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2018, 23:28   #459
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
PM sent to Andy.
Old June 18, 2018, 14:20   #460
gaijinsamurai
Registered

Quote:
PM sent to Andy.
Thanks, Jeff!
Old June 18, 2018, 15:47   #461
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Assuming I followed Jeff's directions correctly, I think I found the right dirt road to the site on Google satellite maps. Google says right at one hour from the Bend Hampton Inn.
Old June 18, 2018, 18:59   #462
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Yeah - that's about the right drive time.

You leave the stark desert (sand/pumice/sage) and turn into a stand of big pines (Ponderosa). We sleep in the shade, and shoot in the sagebrush. We're kinda smart fellers like that.
Old June 18, 2018, 19:21   #463
Invictus77
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
We're kinda smart fellers like that.
Agreed! I've always thought the PNW crowd to be mostly a bunch of fart smellers

Blondzilla and I are really looking forward to this trip and to meeting you all.

We fly out at 6am tomorrow. See you soon
Old June 18, 2018, 20:56   #464
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
I'm not marking anything.
I will be.

As usual I'll be marking EVERY TURN off the main hiway all the way to camp, with YELLOW CAUTION TAPE.

And since there are only 3 turns, it should be obvious.
Old June 18, 2018, 23:43   #465
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

^

You. Da. Man.

As usual.
Old June 19, 2018, 01:09   #466
Rudolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 7
address?
Rudolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2018, 01:47   #467
snowhawk jockey
Registered

FALaholic #: 14239
My coms have been down, or I would have turned this trick sooner... PSA and standard laundry as follows:

I know every possible crevice is stuffed, then strapped and every spare penny budgeted, but don't forget to tuck in your donation of $30 per adult shooter or $60 per adult shooter, with young shooters.

The Shooter Safety meeting will be announced and held, according to plan, be sure to be present.

A ton of work is done in good faith, to set a feast of targets on our holiday table and we have always been able to count on the participation. The BLM/USFS love seeing our toilet, which has its own billing account these days, and the targets need annual maintenance or replacement. You help get the goods delivered to our firing line each year, with your regular donations.

A Fartingly Pubelic thanks to everyone: for a dozen years of safely discharging in the same general direction, at approximately the same time and paying the price.

Last edited by snowhawk jockey; June 19, 2018 at 02:11.
snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2018, 02:41   #468
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolf View Post
address?
Are you serious?

It's out in the woods; there is no address. And I sent what I thought were very clear driving instructions with mile markers, miles driven, and street names.

I also sent my phone number in that same PM.
Old June 20, 2018, 02:44   #469
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
Quote:
Are you serious?

It's out in the woods; there is no address. And I sent what I thought were very clear driving instructions with mile markers, miles driven, and street names.

Just give him the PO Box. He can find it.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2018, 08:40   #470
snowhawk jockey
Registered

FALaholic #: 14239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan Raider View Post
Just give him the PO Box. He can find it.
I dropped a pin at the toilet. It is the address I gave.
Old June 20, 2018, 10:08   #471
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Are you serious?

Don't sweat it. I'll lay $$$ he wont be there...

Btw, Elkoholic and Rudy are best buds.
Old June 20, 2018, 11:22   #472
gaijinsamurai
Registered

Quote:
I will be.

As usual I'll be marking EVERY TURN off the main hiway all the way to camp, with YELLOW CAUTION TAPE.

THANK YOU!!!!!!
Old June 20, 2018, 12:57   #473
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34966
Quote:
Don't sweat it. I'll lay $$$ he wont be there...

Btw, Elkoholic and Rudy are best buds.
I'd rather deal with hemorrhoids than be around that guy
Elkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2018, 21:02   #474
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
Quote:
I will be.

You are a Good Man. Rudolf will thank you In Person.
COBC #1- That's all Folks.

Last edited by ALL FAL; June 20, 2018 at 21:17.
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2018, 00:07   #475
Invictus77
Bronze Contributor

UPDATE:

Now in Florence after a nice dinner and a "couple" of adult beverages with medicmike.

Good dude there, and he sent a box full of shoot prizes & gifts with me for yall. Good dude
Old June 21, 2018, 01:03   #476
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus77 View Post
UPDATE:

Now in Florence after a nice dinner and a "couple" of adult beverages with medicmike.

Good dude there, and he sent a box full of shoot prizes & gifts with me for yall. Good dude
It was certainly a pleasure sharing a couple of adult beverages and meeting Blondzilla and yourself good sir!

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2018, 01:08   #477
Tailback
Registered

FALaholic #: 26070
Quote:
UPDATE:

Pictures of the food or it didn't happen! Sorry, automatic response from a different board. I'm stoked like a couple years ago when the weather.....and then I forgot what I was trying to talk about. This weekend is going to be sooooooo great....I just wish I could remember why? Oh, that's right. I'm hitting 50 this November and the missus and me are 20 years legal July 11th.
Old June 21, 2018, 01:16   #478
Tailback
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailback View Post
Pictures of the food or it didn't happen! Sorry, automatic response from a different board. I'm stoked like a couple years ago when the weather.....and then I forgot what I was trying to talk about. This weekend is going to be sooooooo great....I just wish I could remember why? Oh, that's right. I'm hitting 50 this November and the missus and me are 20 years legal July 11th.

It was like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" Except all the guys threatening my life were mostly Iriish Catholic instead of Greek Orthodox.
Old June 21, 2018, 01:20   #479
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34966
Quote:
It was like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" Except all the guys threatening my life were mostly Iriish Catholic instead of Greek Orthodox.
But your still an Azz hole

Will be good to see you bud
Elkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2018, 01:42   #480
Tailback
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
But your still an Azz hole

Will be good to see you bud
Ha! I'm even mostly packed this time. Way ahead of the game. Looking forward to much mocking of me around the fire. I'm not working on a sinus infection right now so it might be a tad different. You OK with that?
Old June 21, 2018, 10:31   #481
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Ha! I'm even mostly packed this time. Way ahead of the game. Looking forward to much mocking of me around the fire.

I will start here....

You OK with that?

Old June 22, 2018, 23:03   #482
ALL FAL
Registered

Quote:
UPDATE:

Awesome, Mike is a really Good guy. Might have to drop in and Meet you for kicks, drive careful.
Old June 23, 2018, 22:22   #483
nickmil
Registered

FALaholic #: 77041
Really sorry I can't be there but I'm in Cody, Wyoming tonight. Traveled through Yellowstone today. Not much wildlife moving around but did see two Bison, 5 Elk, and something we got a quick look at that may have been a Marmot but not sure. Haven't researched it yet. We also stopped in the town of West Yellowstone and checked out the Bear and Wolf Discovery Center. Very good place to check out if you get a chance. All the animals are ones that cannot be let back into the wild for health issues or other survival reasons. There were also owls, Bald Eagles, Turkey Vulture, and other animals of the wild.
Yesterday we saw the worlds first nuclear reactor used for peaceful nuclear electricity generation, safety protocol generation, and R&D. Very very interesting. Also went through Craters of the Moon. Both outside Arco, Idaho. I'd post pics but still not allowed .
Tomorrow we will be checking out the museums in Cody, which happen to be across the street from our motel . Then on to Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, then back through Yellowstone to see sights we missed today.
nickmil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2018, 22:56   #484
medicmike
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL FAL View Post
Awesome, Mike is a really Good guy. Might have to drop in and Meet you for kicks, drive careful.
You are going to have to make a run to the coast so I can buy you a beer

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2018, 15:10   #485
Mark-60
Registered

FALaholic #: 77887
Let me start by saying, If you weren't at this years shoot. You're a No-Go at this station (except for Nick. He has a good excuse). It was a great weekend. Weather was damn near perfect, the food was amazing. I got to shoot my new M-14 (I couldn't hit shit with it, but damn it felt good shooting it). Met some great folks and had a fantastic time.

Pics incoming.

From the drive out on Friday

Huge thanks to everyone that puts this thing together. Skinny Rich, Big Rich, Terry, Brunop, and everone else.

Had a great time. Looking forward to next year.

Last edited by Mark-60; June 24, 2018 at 16:45.
Mark-60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2018, 16:42   #486
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Returned to base.

THANKS ! to all !

Old June 24, 2018, 16:56   #487
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 62143
Looks like a great time.
Sorry I had to miss it.

The truth does not require your belief.
Exit308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2018, 17:01   #488
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit308 View Post
Looks like a great time.
Sorry I had to miss it.
Same here. But I can see again!

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2018, 17:11   #489
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v71 View Post
I can see again!
THAT is great news, my friend.

Old June 24, 2018, 17:49   #490
Tailback
Registered

Mark-60 those are some GREAT photos. I can see why you have such a nice camera because you have the eye for it.
Old June 24, 2018, 18:35   #491
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v71 View Post
Same here. But I can see again!
Damn, now he's going to be able to identify us...

Gotta do a "rob can see again " celebratory shoot soon
Old June 24, 2018, 18:49   #492
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilsurpMonkey View Post
Damn, now he's going to be able to identify us...

Gotta do a "rob can see again " celebratory shoot soon
Next eye is 3 weeks out, And I'm looking forward to it... even the micro weedeater that purees the old lens to be sucked out.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2018, 18:53   #493
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

https://youtu.be/mfc_GTGYKLI
Quote:
Returned to base.

THANKS ! to all !

Old June 24, 2018, 18:58   #494
gaijinsamurai
Registered

My wife, daughter, and I had a fantastic time. It was great to meet new people, and see old friends again after a two year absence.

Thanks, Elkaholic, for setting my daughter Momoka up with the great shootin irons! And Thank you to 4x401, Brunop, Snowhawk, Otis, and everyone who worked hard to make it happen. Also, I really appreciate you putting the yellow tape out to mark the turns, 4x401.
Old June 24, 2018, 19:02   #495
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilsurpMonkey View Post
We should have taken a photo of that.

It was EPIC !

ETA: A mile out of camp, the.. ( ahem )...... trailer .... spit the left outer wheel bearing and sent the wheel passing by the truck a quarter mile.

.....crappy ending to the event.....

Old June 24, 2018, 19:12   #496
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

Quote:
We should have taken a photo of that.

It was EPIC !

ETA: A mile out of camp, the.. ( ahem )...... trailer .... spit the left outer wheel bearing and sent the wheel passing by the truck a quarter mile.

.....crappy ending to the event.....

Smelled epic....
Old June 24, 2018, 19:13   #497
Exit308
Saxon/Celt
Silver Contributor

OH, SH!T!!!!!!!

Old June 24, 2018, 19:16   #498
Tailback
Registered

Quote:
I will start here....

You OK with that?

LOL! I didn't see this until I got home today. I love that Gif. Well played sir!
Old June 24, 2018, 19:26   #499
ALL FAL
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmike View Post
You are going to have to make a run to the coast so I can buy you a beer
Some day maybe, pretty hard to get far from here right now. Really would like to come over and fish the river we talked about and visit with you. Best To you Mike.

Those are Great Pics. My thoughts were with you guys for sure.

My weekend was highlighted by my flying buddy who gave me his JB4 (Barnett)Gyro plane, I just have to pay for the New engine on it 225Hp and am mounting a hydraulic pre rotator. So, maybe next year I can Literally drop in to the shoot, Takeoff roll on a Hot day out there with my Bigness would be around 100ft. Dang excited.

Hey Best to you all.
Old June 24, 2018, 19:33   #500
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

Thanks to the guys that put this shindig together and ran events. All who helped with setup, resets, and teardown are rockstars! Really enjoyed meeting our traveling guests, Ken, Invictus, and Blondezilla! (Not necessarily in that order )I hope it isn't your last visit to one of the PNW shoots! It was great to see you all.