The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reviews - products, services, and sellers

Notices

Old July 03, 2018, 16:51   #51
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA_REP View Post
This write-up is in response to your review of the DS Arms SA58 FAL Receiver.

Best Regards to our loyal customers.

Team DS Arms Inc.
I am sure that all 3 of them thank you.

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 03, 2018, 17:04   #52
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
"DSA uses every attempt to control the quality of its products. However, it is impossible to do a 100% inspection on every part from every SKU – no company does it. If they did they would not be in business long."

One option would be offer an *inspected* receiver at a slightly higher price. I think you'd sell many of those.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 03, 2018, 17:59   #53
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Quote:
Quote:
First off, we would like to state again, if anybody has a problem with a DSA manufactured part whatever it is, it’s under warranty. We will then review it with our inspection equipment, and if found to have any issue, we will repair or replace it (Free of charge).
And then the customer will send it me because you failed to fix the problem it was sent in for.

Or, it will sit there for months, and then be returned with no work done - "the gunsmith probably never looked at it" (Daniel Lombard, , R1 shooter)

Quote:
Mr. Graham’s claims of being a “master gunsmith” are dubious at best. He is a parts assembler and self-admittedly, “not a machinist”. In our book, a master gunsmith must be a machinist; how else would they be able to make fixtures, create custom parts or in this case create measuring tools & fixtures in order to diagnose and correct all of the flaws that he claims exist with our products?
Yet for all my supposed ineptitude, I'm the one fixing your f-cked up products.

Quote:
His consistent pattern of bashing us on this forum where even the moderators help him in his endeavors to harm our reputation, shows what his true intentions are; to vilify us while propping himself up as the only authority and only place to turn to for the FAL Rifle.
Easy solution, dumbfuck - stop knowingly selling defective products. Then I can make lots of money doing simple builds on quality products as I did when LMT made your receivers for you. The worst harm to your reputation, is that for you continue to knowingly selling defective parts, long after being put on notice as to their defects. See - I can write in bold too! You and your "It's the Chicago Way" of business, is what "hurts your reputation". If your receivers were good, nothing I could say would make them not so. Unfortunately, they are shit. And all I'm doing is quantifying and documenting the problems so many others are also experiencing. If there was a problem with my methodology, I'd have been called out on it years ago. Unfortunately for you, even my detractors know I call it like it is.

Quote:
If another forum a social media member states he has had no problems with a DSA product and likes it; Mr. Graham’s typical response to this type of positive post will be to name call and discredit them without having any of the facts.
You are a liar. Oh wait - you're a DSA Rep - silly me - it's in your job description. So who are you today? I always find it amusing that so many of you pussies lack the balls to sign your name to your posts. I'm not sure why multiple users on the same user name is any different than one person with multiple user names (for which they are banned), but I'm not in charge here.

Quote:
Not everybody who has good things to say about DSA products is a “paid shill” as Mr. Graham alleges.
Again, you lie (but again, as a DSA Rep, that is expected). I point out that paid DSA representatives are paid DSA representatives. And their "contributions" should be taken in that light. I have never asserted that anyone not paid by DSA is paid by DSA (duh!).

Quote:
It amazes us that he claims he can measure tolerances like .0005” while using a metal bar badly welded to a used carrier in a Chinese vise with a bubble level – then he has the audacity to call the receiver warped.
Actually, dumbfuck, it doesn't matter how the the receiver is held. What matters is the huge variation I demonstrate along supposedly straight object, when the mechanism of "holding" is not changed. If it was held at an angle, then the variation would be linear, not a parabola. And for what it's worth, the top of that "badly" welded bolt carrier is surface ground parallel to rails. And yeah, I cut locking shoulders to +/- .0005" on that Powermatic. Not really relevant, because it's only to hold it in the vise.

Quote:
Even if a receiver was warped, those flawed methods prove to us his measuring processes are incapable of accurately determining that claim – this again is not the processes that a “master gunsmith” would use.
Yet I did, and the conclusions are incontrovertible. As is your boring the hole way oversize to compensate!. If my indicator were not true, then rotating the indicator would demonstrate run out, which it does not. But to "prove" that there is minimal run out in my "non-machinist" gauge, I put some asymmetrical squiggly lines on it. And instead of using a DGFM-FMAP receiver for comparison, as a "known good" (since Argy receivers are known to be crap - right?) I pulled an LMT manufactured DS prefix receiver from the 30-odd guns that are here for work. Then I pulled a DSA prefix type 1. Lets compare, shall we? You can see that the "indicator" (cut StG-58 piston) remains true to the center of the hole on the LMT receiver as I rotate it (that's what the asymmetrical squiggly lines are to show). Yet it is top right on the DSA receiver. The discerning viewer will also note where you grossly oversized the hole to work around the warpage - and then you sold it anyway . .. It's the Chicago Way!

Quote:
Furthermore, if these receivers were as warped as his pictures show, they would not even fit into our machining fixtures or all of our gauges we use during the machining process. We have an L1A1 receiver that was made from the same batch as the one Mr. Graham posted as defective, same heat treated batch and we found no such issues.
My "batch" spanned serial number SLR 014 to SLR 095 (it may be a wider range, but I still have a stack of inspection sheets I have not entered into my data base). What was the serial number of the one you claim to have no issues? And why would ones on either side of it have issues?

Remember my mag fit video? Tedious, but that's why I have credibility. Because I prove my assertions.
Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJpv16wr0ps&t=6s
Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk9ciOEMUIo

Hmm - this mere "parts assembler" was able to fix what your self-proclaimed ISO 9001 super-ninja-something-or-other, still put out the door defective as shit. I mean really, you incompetent morons, you'd think "does a magazine fit" might be a part of your QC. Oh wait, you're ISO 9001 certified. Which means you KNEW mags didn't fit and you sold these defective receivers anyway. It's The Chicago Way. See - you gotta be careful when claiming all these checks - because that leaves knowingly selling defective units as the only alternative to gross negligence from the top down.

Quote:
The only difference between our receiver and Mr. Graham’s is we used the proper measuring devices instead of some hokey bubble level with a welded carrier and an indicator that is used for squaring up a machines spindle. While we could make a fixture like Mr. Graham’s and make it much better, we choose to measure the professional way. Mark chooses to measure in a fashion that he knows his followers may relate to and understand, but that doesn't mean it’s an accurate or correct method of measurement.
Except I can go through a dozen dust covers that fit just fine on an IMBEL or Argy receiver, yet every one of them, across dozens of DSA receivers, hits at 1 o'clock. So are all these IMBEL and Argy receiver defective, and all the receiver covers defective, in exactly the same way? Because that's the only they will all fail to fit your receiver in the exact same way.

And should we talk magazines? How come the last 20+ DSA receivers would not fit any of a stack of new Izzy mags (still in Cosmolene)? Or even typical surplus mags. Are they all defective too? Or is it your receiver? Your answer from the many warranty returns is that you "filed the mag catch", which of course, is STUPID, as that lowers the mag relative to the bolt face, rather than fixing the problem as I do. Bolt over base, anyone? Oh yeah, I've got a video on that one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg9ZlQPYQfc&t=9s

Even your own known defective mag won't fit in your defective receivers. Yes. You really f-cked up sending mags out to FalFiles members for Beta testing. Because when they all came back with "it's shit and doesn't work" you can't pretend ignorance when you chose to sell them anyway - and are still are selling them, years after being put on notice (that's a legal term, dipshit, and I don't use it or constructive notice, frivolously).

That's ok, this "parts assembler" re-machined the mag wells so factory correct mags will fit. Can't do anything about your fundamentally defective DSA mags that you continue to sell.

Quote:
Here are some photos that show how we measure or determine defects. These tools are calibrated per ISO 9001 standards (which we have maintained annually for years now).
Self-certified? Because your products remain defective as I prove, over and over.

Last edited by gunplumber; July 03, 2018 at 20:47.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 03, 2018, 18:00   #54
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
...bunch of indicators professing to show DSA's methodical quality control..
Except there remains an incontrovertible pattern of the same defects from people all over the country. So does it really matter what show you put on? I watched your nifty video of machining bolt carriers and how you "tested" them in your "fixture". Yet I'm still finding half of DSA bolt carriers not fitting in DSA receivers without modification! So I call bullshit on your dog and pony show.

And as to the 10 degree comment - why then do your receivers need an oversize or undersize receiver lock - even when using your own lower! Thread on that is here: http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428954

Quote:
DSA uses every attempt to control the quality of its products. However, it is impossible to do a 100% inspection on every part from every SKU – no company does it. If they did they would not be in business long. Occasionally items not up to our company standards do make it out the door, and in these situations, we do what any good company does, we make it right! We have also scrapped many parts, which all manufacturers do; we do not deliberately ship them out the door as Mr. Graham libelously repeatedly stated.
You have been put on notice as to the defects in a wide variety of your products, yet you continue to sell them. You continually crow about your ISO 9001 certification and in this thread, crow about all your checks. But the proof is in what you ship to the customer. So are you lying about your certification and checks and instead are grossly incompetent and negligent from the top down? Or are you knowingly shipping defective shit. There is no third alternative and I will prove my assertion as to the latter, below.

Heck, now you're nickel-plating your para return spring guides with the same inherent defect I called to your attention a decade ago (and why they keep breaking off). You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.

It is not libel, it is a statement of (well documented) fact. When you modify a product, such as boring out the gas piston hole, (see images above) or over-sizing a mag catch axle hole (see images below), in order work around a defect - that is proof positive that you KNEW it was defective.

Here's SLR-016A compared to another DSA L1A1 SLR prefix receiver. Note the difference in hole size? Does your ISO 9001 certification drill different size holes on a random basis? Or did you know the hole was not drilled straight (causing the BHO to bind) so you just made the R side hole bigger and hoped nobody would notice? Well, you didn't make it big enough. 1/2 turn of the screw would bow the shaft and bind on the BHO. That one took me a while to figure out, but somehow I was able to fix it, even after you identified the defect, modified the receiver to work around it, and STILL failed to fix it (and sold it anyway).

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.co...-slr000-20.jpg

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.co...slr016a-31.jpg

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.co...slr016a-32.jpg

Here's another cool picture. This is just a charging handle. But is shows something - you drilled the hole for the plunger pin in the wrong place. So what do you do? Scrap it, as a defective part that probably cost you under $10 to make? Heck no, lets just file on the plunger and sell it anyway! It's The Chicago Way.

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.co...ghandle-02.jpg

Quote:
but the decade long exaggerations along with assumptions and just outright made up stories by Mr. Graham we will no longer let stand.
Please provide an example of an exaggeration or "made up stories". I think I have been pretty meticulous in posting photographic and video evidence of every assertion I have made. To which you have responded with lies, slander, and threats of violence (all well documented, by the way). What you haven't done, is fixed the problems.

Quote:
Mr. Graham continues to attempt to discredit DSA and insists only he; “the master gunsmith” can repair it. That is misleading and dishonest to the customer who most of the time may not know otherwise.
Umm, I'd much rather you sell good products. You selling shit, costs me time and money. You selling good products = less work and more money for me!

And if you fixed this ever-growing pattern of "rare problems" the first (or second) time my customers returned the DSA-built rifles, they wouldn't be sitting in my shop now - would they? If you didn't continue to insist there was nothing wrong with your receivers, while so many people across the country can't fit an in-spec factory mag in the gun, then they wouldn't be sending them to me, would they?

Quote:
Is he tacking on “extra” fee’s to work on DSA products in what seems to be an attempt to take advantage and deceive people who simply may not know better?
Very clever posing it as a question instead of an assertion I could add to your long list of slanders. But as a matter of fact, I have not yet charged extra on a build to work around all your defects. Instead, I have spent hundreds of unpaid hours, at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars, not only fixing them, but documenting each step and publishing the information FOR FREE.

Quote:
This long term libel
There you go using that word again. You really ought to look it up, at which point you'll discover that it is I who have a real defamation per se case against you. To this point, I've just been too busy building FALs to pursue it. My meticulous and published documentation of every assertion that I have made (truth), are my "affirmative defense". See, dimwit, for defamation, the statement has to first be false. Your accusations = patently false = defamation. My well documented assertions = truth. Also, that a statement must first be false, is only the first of the four elements.

Quote:
Puts into question if deliberate sabotage has been used over the years to enhance Mr. Graham’s defamatory claims just to enrich his own business? The only other motive we can think of is his gigantic ego befitting of his screen name “arrogant bastard”?
Again, clever phrasing it as a question. But your attempts now to mitigate your long history of slander against me, are too little, and too late.

Quote:
If Mr. Graham can’t even machine any one of these parts from a solid block of steel – he cannot claim to be a master gunsmith. How many parts have you made from scratch Mr. Graham? How many of the original factories have you visited? During our 30 years in business we have produced hundreds of thousands of rifles, receivers and/or parts and consulted with the original manufacturer and the other factories.
Yet you still produce rifles where a factory, in-spec mag won't fit. (see my videos above). And then people send them to me to fix them (and somehow, I do). And then there were the under-timed barrels, and we still have the shitty magazines - oh my goodness, I have hundreds of pages of documentation. This is so silly asserting that if I don't have the ability on my manual machine to make a receiver from scratch, that I am somehow incapable of documenting your many flaws. I can't make milk, either - but I can sure smell if it is sour.

Quote:
Again, Mr. Graham’s deliberate decade long slanderous and libelous statements against our company is well documented and will not go unanswered. His long-time pattern of defamation is now well proven thanks to his own mouth and hand. He can continue his systematic attacks and histrionics on all we do and manufacture, but it will soon have consequences.
Bring it, bitch! And for the record, I've only published a small percentage of what I've documented. Because my meticulous documentation takes a lot of time. And I'd rather be building guns than documenting all your defects.

Quote:
By the way, for Mr. Graham’s information, our company is not located in Chicago. We hail from horse country in the land of Lincoln, the prairie state. His consistent comment of “The Chicago Way” just shows his ignorance, bias and desires to spread un-truths.
No, shithead. I know you're not in Chicago. You are about an hour outside. My mom was born in Oak Park. You just exemplify the corrupt Chicago political culture. And it was you who hired Marc, who threatened to kick my ass for posting photos of the "DSA US Made" fire control group where you forgot to grind off the Austrian proof marks. And other members have posted the "US Made" StG flash hiders with the FN proof still on it (did you forget the FN made some of them for Austria, and FN stamped the front, not the back?) And it was you who hired the "too corrupt for Chicago PD" Daniel Lombard AKA R1Shooter as your agent/representative. Birds of a feather, donchaknow? Unfortunately he only got year suspension instead of the termination he deserved. Oh, and his stolen valor claims to have been a Commando in RSA - and his threats against a guy who asked what unit he served with. Turns out he never served in the military. But he's full of bluster, and he lies fluently - the perfect DSA rep. https://policeboard-prod.s3.amazonaw...5_Decision.pdf So yeah "The Chicago Way" fits.

Quote:
We have noticed as well that Mr. Graham rarely tells the customer to return their item to DSA, the manufacturer, but rather he just charges them to repair the “supposedly “defective parts.
Ha - you forgot to phrase that as a question. You lie again.

Quote:
Why would a businessman who claims to be as honest & respectable, allow a customer to pay him to “fix it” when the right thing to do is return the part in question to the original manufacturer? Profit? Is the simple answer profit? If our parts went together quickly and correctly for Mr. Graham (which they sure seem to for the majority of our customers) would he then miss out on the unnecessary services, and additional charges he charges his customers?
Maybe so many in the FAL community are so sick and tired of your lies and obfuscations that they accept your crap, knowing it's crap, but the only current alternative to a quality IMBEL of LMT at twice the price. And they don't trust you to fix it because of so many people reporting they get their shit back from "warranty" with evasions as to what was wrong, and what was fixed, and the same problem still occurring. In contrast, they trust me. Because for almost 30 years now, I've earned a reputation for being fair and equitable.

Quote:
What honorable business man would charge a customer a large fee in order to make something work, when the original manufacturer will take care of any issues at no charge?
How much should I charge? So far, I haven't charged extra on a build for one of your shitty receivers, but I'm thinking even at +$150 I'd still be losing money. I do not recall a single (non F) DSA prefix receiver that has passed my QC checklist this year. Some some of the defects I can work around with relative ease, others are more difficult (mag wells). I have a stack of my check sheets. I will get them typed up for publication eventually. Previous ones I've published here http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417510 and here http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418376

Quote:
It is unfortunate for the FAL Rifle legacy that Mr. Graham has managed to convince so many people into believing that which just isn’t true.
Because you think that they're all stupid and can't see it for themselves? Or they do see it for themselves and realize you are full of shit?

Quote:
We have tried to engage on this site many times in order to better serve its many members, only to get defamed and harassed every time in an un-moderated, unprofessional and nasty manner. This by a few handfuls of haters who have been influenced by someone with a mission and something to gain.
Wow, I never realized I had such power!

Quote:
Just know that no other company has done more for the FAL in the USA than ours.
Yes, you used to be awesome. What happened?

Quote:
Team DS Arms Inc.
And again, you lack the balls to sign your name.

Last edited by gunplumber; July 04, 2018 at 08:47.
Old July 03, 2018, 19:16   #55
308/223shooter
FALAholic enabler - Gold Contributor
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
"We have an L1A1 receiver that was made from the same batch as the one Mr. Graham posted as defective, same heat treated batch and we found no such issues."

Wait a bit. I thought you were NOT going to make any more Inch cut receivers? If you do have one in stock, that'd be great, since you still owe one to my mate Shane after your "gunsmith" Billy cracked his. It's a Aussie cut by the way.

" If the gas piston hole was off as much as .005” the receiver won’t fit into this fixture."

Then why make the gas piston hole so bloody large?

"If a customer has a problem with any product, we have stood behind them for decades with our repair or replace it warranty. It is hard to even imagine the amount of customers we have served in our 30 years; it must be over a million now. So out of that many customers possibly 1% will be the people who unfortunately get one of these parts that don’t live up to theirs or our standards."

So, you are stating that out of the "million-ish" customers who've bought your receivers, five of them just "happen" to live within a 15 minute drive of my town?

" Most people go directly back to the factory to get a repair or replacement under warranty and don’t go to an outside source who then promptly charges them extra all while bashing the company that makes and stands behind its products."

Sometimes, when a factory lies, stalls and then lies some more to their customers, those customers go elsewhere for help in repairing their expensive product they just bought. Especially when the "factory" says nothing is wrong with their product, yet that product is obviously not as perfect as it's advertised to be.

" Most people go directly back to the factory to get a repair or replacement under warranty and don’t go to an outside source who then promptly charges them extra all while bashing the company that makes and stands behind its products."

I'm not a gunsmith, I'm a hobbiest who enjoys building my own firearms. I have built more FAL and L1A1 rifles in the past 20 odd years than most have, but like I said, I truly enjoy the hobby. In all that time, the worst receivers I've tried to build on, were the U.S. made ones. Only two companies still make those receivers, You and Coonan. At one time the ONLY U.S. made receiver I would build on was made by DSA. However, the past few years I've seen way too many problems, consistent ones by the way, with both DSA and Coonan receivers, that I can not recommend them for a home builder. Home builders are a good portion of your receiver sales, are they not? I can twist up a IN SPEC Imbel, or any other IMPORT receiver, and be shooting it within a couple hours. And that's if I take my time to do it.

"It is unfortunate for the FAL Rifle legacy that Mr. Graham has managed to convince so many people into believing that which just isn’t true. Mark Twain said it best: "It ain’t what a man doesn’t know that gets him into trouble – it’s what he knows for sure, that just ain’t so”. We have tried to engage on this site many times in order to better serve its many members, only to get defamed and harassed every time in an un-moderated, unprofessional and nasty manner. This by a few handfuls of haters who have been influenced by someone with a mission and something to gain. We have historically chosen to remain silent and focus on continuing to design, develop, test and make new products for the FAL instead of engaging with the poison we have seen spewed at us and (other companies) on this site, often headed up by Mr. Graham."

Yeah, Mark can get under your skin, but he does tell it like it is, not like you think it should be. I'm no shill of Mark's, never met him nor spoken with him. I've read his posts sometimes and wonder what got his kilt twisted, but he does at least tell the truth. Two of your "reps" have lied to me, claiming one thing only for me to discover I was lied to. Daniel was one, and the last DSA rep was the other. While I do appreciate your novel ideas for certain small parts, it would really be nice if a person such as meself could buy a couple receivers, and KNOW that I could build on them the day I pick them up from my FFL, and NOT have to muck about with sending them back for warranty. THREE of the last four DSA prefix receivers I tried to build on, were so out of whack I gave up on them. The latest one I didn't want, but got in a trade. And while it required only minimal hand fitting, { which has NEVER been required on a Imbel or Argie } to make it work, and I still need a over sized locking lug, and have a bit of a concern with the bloody gaping gas piston hole. It's just plain ugly, and I wonder about the piston not having sufficient support as it runs to and fro.
I do hope you take all this to heart, since you, DSA, are the only ones who can resolve this whole issue. Fix your quality control problems, and provide us, the builders, with the product we want. A true "in spec" receiver that we can build on, without all the bullshyte problems we continue to encounter.
Mark, sorry for the rant in your thread, and while I do respect your ability as a gun smith, I still think you're a arrogant bastard. That said, don't change, as you've done a shyte load of research to show us home builders what we need to do, to work around the problems of DSA receivers.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Last edited by 308/223shooter; July 03, 2018 at 19:40.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 03, 2018, 19:38   #56
308/223shooter
Gold Contributor

Oh yeah, and while you're at it, fix the problems with your PARA trigger housings. They USED to be the go to part for a lighter PARA build.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.
Old July 03, 2018, 19:49   #57
GRA556
Registered

FALaholic #: 81066
What Happened with LMT?

What I would like to know is whatever happened with LMT that caused DSA to stop using their machine services? Sounds to me that returning to that business model would solve a lot of the DSA receiver problems.
GRA556 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 03, 2018, 20:12   #58
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRA556 View Post
What I would like to know is whatever happened with LMT that caused DSA to stop using their machine services? Sounds to me that returning to that business model would solve a lot of the DSA receiver problems.
It's really quite simple...….

MONEY!!

I'm sure the margin between what Slober'in Salvagineio was pay'in LMT to build a quality product, and what he pays the drunken monkeys he employs to punch code and fling poop is immense....
Old July 03, 2018, 20:33   #59
GRA556
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x401 View Post
I'm sure the margin between what Slober'in Salvagineio was pay'in LMT to build a quality product, and what he pays the drunken monkeys he employs to punch code and fling poop is immense....
I'm sure you're most correct and right on point. What remains is the fact that DSA will mark up a receiver to a sufficient extent to generate a profit and of course the increased expense of it all will still be passed on to the consumer.

Example; LMT charges DSA $300.00 per receiver. DSA sells it to the consumer for $600.00 and I'm sure plenty of folks out there would pay that price for an LMT-machined receiver. I know I gladly would if I were pursuing a build.

Yes this will make the FN FAL platform more expensive to own however the LR-308 and AR10 is far more expensive than the AR15 is so to me it's still the same; you get what you pay for.

I read the Coonan website the other day regarding their FAL receivers. Basically they have a "take-it-or-leave-it" policy; they offer one grind and one grind only and if it fits fine, if not, TOO BAD. Personally I don't see how folks can stay in business that way. I know I wont be buying anything else they offer that's for sure.

Bottom line with me is; if it's more expensive to do right the first time then fine I will pay that if that's what I want but I don't expect to have to send it back once I start the build.
Old July 03, 2018, 20:53   #60
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Perhaps it is because Lewis Machine Tools has more lucrative business right now. It wasn't so at the switch-over, but they may have been in development for the UK DMR rifle at the time. The urgent request for submission went out in 2009. LMT won with their LM7 Modular Weapon Systems, Type Classified as the L129A1, which entered service in Afghanistan in 2010. Now adopted by NZ as well. NZ also is replacing their Steyr AUGs with the LMT 5.56 CQB16

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...D_45162219.jpg

NZ 5.56 similar to this.https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...015/08/lmt.jpg
Old July 03, 2018, 20:55   #61
GRA556
Registered

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunplumber View Post
Perhaps it is because Lewis Machine Tools has more lucrative business right now. It wasn't so at the switch-over, but they may have been in development for the UK DMR rifle at the time. The request for submission went out in 200-. LMT won with their LM7 Modular Weapon Systems, Type Classified as the L129A1, which entered service in Afghanistan in 2010. Now adopted by NZ as well.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...D_45162219.jpg
Yes indeed those are sweet aren't they?
Old July 03, 2018, 20:56   #62
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
I'm heading to Natchez Ms in the morning. Yes calibrated granite inspection tables with the height gauges that calibrate the indicators are cool stuff. Problem is were there 2nds that got pushed out the door?

No one can inspect 100% certainly, but if GP and others have found statistically significant issues, then the onus is on DSA to take the receiver and run it through QC to disprove and post the results here. You can not inspect quality into a product. Saying that you will take it back and repair isn't necessarily a guarantee that you're not playing hit and miss with the product. I have 8 DSA receivers all from 15 years ago or more, So yes I have patronized DSA

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 03, 2018, 21:29   #63
G3isMe
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 6530
Quote:
.... It is hard to even imagine the amount of customers we have served in our 30 years; it must be over a million now. So out of that many customers possibly 1% will be the people who unfortunately get one of these parts that don’t live up to theirs or our standards. How we treat these instances is what sets us apart. .....

Team DS Arms Inc.
Interesting. So if you have serviced 1,000,000 customers and 1% of them have received a defective part that was identified, returned to you, and you agreed it was defective, that equates to 10,000 defective parts. Over the course of 30 years that equals 333 defective parts each and every year since 1988, or almost 1 per day. For a firearms manufacturer that sounds alarmingly high. And we all don't have to be a statistician or mathematician to know that if 333 defective parts/year are found and returned to your factory there are a lot more defective parts that have not been returned. I wonder if Remington, Winchester, Colt, or FN had that high of a fail rate for their parts. Or better yet, I wonder if your insurance company is aware of that high rate of defective parts.

You would do well to admit that your Fal parts and receivers have issues and correct them vs. having one of your socially inept staff members come on here and try to blow smoke up our proverbial a$$e$.

Signed,

A Former DSA Customer

Last edited by G3isMe; July 03, 2018 at 22:15.
G3isMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 03, 2018, 21:43   #64
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Mark has DSA backed into a corner. So much of that hot air post was BS I'm not even going to attempt to respond. Besides, Mark does it better.

One thing I noticed, baying on like a lost sheep about Mark has only proven the content of Mark's tests. I mean seriously, if a non-machinist trained guy with a few crude (but effective) testing tools and some common sense can show the obvious extent of the various flaws of DSA's product, then why can't DSA do better with the far superior testing equipment they have?

DSA, a few pics of some 123 and V-blocks on granite of a single receiver shows nothing except that you have some tools and a single good receiver. Mean while, Mark has piles of documented (proven with those "crude" tools he made) defective serial numbers that start with DSA. Physical evidence is what it is, you can threaten all you like. You'll lose that battle.
Your rant about your abilities vs Mark's to prove or disprove the quality of your receivers may impress a few people who don't know what they are reading or seeing in your pics. Others know you are utterly full of shit when you call Mark's methods into question. You are making it worse, not better.

One very specific point you spoke of that take issue with enough to comment on it directly is the BS you spouted about not being able to do QC on 100% of your product, specifically receivers. 100% utter BS.
I've worked in a shop that indeed did 100% QC on every single piece we made. Some orders for 10 pieces, 50 pieces, 500 pieces. Some orders were standing and provided two shifts of work year around. And every single piece was checked at the machine when that op was complete then every single piece was checked again once all ops were complete. Samples varied but averaged 1 in 10 on large orders. These went on the Zeiss. Small and very important orders went on the Zeiss 100%.
Each operator was responsible for using jigs and thread gauges to test specific areas of the product his machine was running and all checks were recorded on an IPI. There is absolutely ZERO good reason DSA cannot do the same thing, especially if you have all the cool toys you claim to have. So I call BS on your claim.

BTW, The Chicago Way refers to the blatant corruption of the state's gov't is known for as well as it's history with organized crime. Being a state sponsored crook on the state's payroll is well known, so well known as to be a joke. And that's where DSA comes in. Crooked and corrupt is indeed The Chicago Way, don't matter if you are in Chicago, Murphysboro, or somewhere in between. Hell, why DSA keeps a presence in that communist, liberal filled hell hole is a mystery to me.

I'll be watching for Mark's retort to your BS.
In the mean time,..... oh never mind.....
Old July 03, 2018, 22:02   #65
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Did I read that right? That DSA doesn't do a thorough inspection on each receiver they ship out? How many receivers are you guys shipping out in a day? Thousands? Hundreds? Dozens?
I guess I could understand not inspecting every unit,just pulling occasional units out...if you were manufacturing kazoos or Pex dispensers or something retarded. But receivers for firearms? Seriously? A federally regulated and registered part? How is it Imbel of Brazil(arguably,a third world country) can produce a more uniform-in-quality product than a company in the first world,with access to state-of-the-art measuring equipment? I believe GP when he says he has to take a vacation from building DSA receiver rifles,and screw a bunch of Imbel receiver units together,because the Imbel units go together,and DSA stuff doesn't. It would get frustrating as shit after a while.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 03, 2018, 22:57   #66
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
I believe GP when he says he has to take a vacation from building DSA receiver rifles,and screw a bunch of Imbel receiver units together,because the Imbel units go together,and DSA stuff doesn't. It would get frustrating as shit after a while.
Yeah, but eventually it catches up to me. Now 17 of the 33 rifles in right now have DSA prefix receivers. a couple Coonans. A couple LMTs. And some IMBELs. If I keep doing all the in-spec ones first, I'll soon have nothing but the DSAs.

Got these two done today. This para is the one with the screwed up lower referenced above, and the warped receiver from my original post. Hopefully I massaged it enough that it will work in spite of DSA - as a credit to the original design. Hope to testfire this week. That's something I do with every rifle I ship - testfire for function and sight alignment. I was amazed to discover there are those who don't. I've got a full 12+ hour day in that one, because of the documentation I do.
Customer still pays the flat rate. Greedy bastard, aren't I?

https://www.arizonaresponsesystems.c...gallery-17.jpg

The IMBEL StG? About 4 hours total (not all at the same time), including refinish. Same flat rate. https://www.arizonaresponsesystems.c...gallery-73.jpg
Old July 05, 2018, 13:26   #67
lew
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 16727
DSA and their representatives consistently fail to rationalize that tightening up their manufacturing processes, QA/QC, and customer service benefits every party to this argument, themselves the most. It's so much easier to throw shit than to get your house in order, though.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2018, 16:09   #68
Kuss9000
Registered

FALaholic #: 81209
First off, I am with DSA as many of you know.

The folks that do know me and deal with me know I am not a liar or a bullshit artist. The "FACTS" are we work tirelessly to address, access and improve our processes. Every complaint that comes in to us we take very seriously and if an issue arises, we immediately address it and do everything in our power to make our customers happy.

The mud-slinging in this forum is beyond rational or constructive. It honestly makes me sick to even read. It's like primary school nonsense The FAL community should be doing more to lift each other up and work together other then sitting behind a keyboard and bashing folks for fun.

Again, let me restate the situation as many before myself have. If you are an actual customer that has an issue, reach out! We will make it right.

Thanks!

Thom Kuss
Kuss9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2018, 17:02   #69
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuss9000 View Post
First off, I am with DSA ...........

Again, let me restate the situation as many before myself have. If you are an actual customer that has an issue, reach out! We will make it right.

Thanks!

Thom Kuss
First-
Thanks for stepping up, and actually posting your name.

Second-
Get prepared for the onslaught.

Terry

Old July 06, 2018, 17:21   #70
Kuss9000
Registered

Terry, it's what it is... lol This forum could be so much more but you have to wade through 50lbs of shit to get to the small nuggets of goodness here :/
Old July 06, 2018, 17:29   #71
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Terry, it's what it is... lol This forum could be so much more but you have to wade through 50lbs of shit to get to the small nuggets of goodness here :/
Not a good start, Sir.

While it may appear to be a bunch of goobers piling on, the majority have well founded first-person complaints.

The price point of used LMT manufactured FAL receivers on the secondary ( and tertiary ) market prove this out.

50lbs of feces or not, the market is screaming for a consistently reliable product, and it is falling on deaf ears.

Terry Bridwell
Riata Corporation
9-93-04230

Old July 06, 2018, 17:35   #72
Kuss9000
Registered

Just referring to the bickering and nonsense.
Old July 06, 2018, 17:36   #73
GRA556
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacoonass01 View Post
President Trump needs to do something about allowing receivers / rifles, to be imported.

+1 ...
Old July 06, 2018, 19:20   #74
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Quote:
I think you need to put it in perspective. We all know that the days of affordable parts kits and receivers are gone for good, and therefore much FAL activity has dried up. If we stuck to strictly FAL news, info and conversation, this board would be like several others I know - two, three, half a dozen posts per day, some days none at all. And while we all decry the passing of those days when activity was high, the fact is that it ain't so no mo'. And you folks know that as well - your product line has diversified far beyond FALs and I would be willing to bet that FAL rifle and parts sales are a rather minor segment of your business.

Yes, there is a lot of shenanigans and personality differences, and generally 50lbs of BS per day, but it keeps the board alive and somewhat interesting, and there are fairly tightly knit groups among us. And I will tell you that few other groups will pull together or help each other out as the members here do.
Nuggets of info? If you are referring to FAL related items, those nuggets are fairly easily found - simply pick the appropriate sub forum.

Now, vis-a-vis DSA in particular. I have had a fair amount of experience with various DSA products over the years, and you can blow all the smoke you want my direction but I will tell you that your QC has most assuredly gone downhill ( and that is putting it mildly ) over recent years, to the point that there are precious few DSA products I will use anymore. If you think folks here are deliberately piling on DSA for some obscure reason, you are blinding yourself to your problems in an effort to defend yourself. You may believe you have great engineering and a super warranty, but that doesn't change the fact that more and more of us are experiencing legitimate problems with your products, and that while you generally provide decent warranty service, it often takes two or three tries and much wasted time to get the problems resolved. I mean, the point is a warranty is a LAST RESORT - ideally you should have a bare minimum of warranty returns at all - THAT would be the selling point you should be striving for. Whip your subcontractors into shape, get your QC inspections up to snuff, and your warranty claims will go way down - THAT IS GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE, a warranty, no matter how good, is only the last ditch backstop. In case you haven't noticed, warranty claims cost you money.

Further, you can bash Mark Graham all you want. You may not like his message, or the style in which he delivers it, but the fact is that he has a stellar record of performance and quality workmanship, and it wasn't earned by any other means than consistently good product. Lord knows there enough folks here who don't prefer Marks style and would dearly love to besmirch him - but you don't see that to any degree, do you ? You might want to stop and consider why that is so - if you need me to explain it than that would pretty much make our case here. Further, Mark is extremely generous with sharing information and experience, to the extent that I am sure it affects his business, at least to a small degree. In that respect, he provides an invaluable service that DSA cannot provide - nor would I expect it to as a larger operation. In any event, I would strongly suggest that bashing Mark will not positively affect anyone's opinion of DSA - we know where our bread is buttered. I will hasten to add, as I have in the past, that I have never personally done business with Mark other Han a few parts sales, but I havE handled and shot quite a few of his FALs and they have uniformly been, without a single exception very well executed and flawlessly functional - that is an accolade that I, most unfortunately, cannot say with such certitude about some of the DSAs I have handled or shot

Now, you can beat us up all you want, you can blow the DSA horn all day and night - we're used to it- but if you put that effort into making good products ( as you once did ) you will find that there would be no greater group of fanboys than the Files. Rationalize all you want, but the problems are real and to date you have not been addressing them properly.

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee

Last edited by J. Armstrong; July 08, 2018 at 19:13.
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2018, 19:44   #75
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

Lastly, I would love to know what the percent of warranty returns versus sales is for receivers, for example. Commercial sales to individuals specifically ( I have to believe that the stuff they ship to government or LE gets a better screening that the leftovers we get. At least, I HOPE so !!! ).

“I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.”

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.” Robert E. Lee
Old July 06, 2018, 20:23   #76
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
I own one DSA receiver, now fitted to a completed rifle kit, it had to have extensive work to be made to function properly.

That's all been covered here on this thread and in many others.

What I want to know, is just where in the hell does DSA locate the public faces for their company?

The Chicago Clown, Jerk off, and mercantile company???

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 06, 2018, 23:47   #77
G3isMe
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 6530
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Armstrong View Post
I think need to put it in perspective. We all know that the days of affordable parts kits and receivers are gone for good, and therefore much FAL activity has dried up. If we stuck to strictly FAL news, info and conversation, this board would be like several others I know - two, three, half a dozen posts per day, some days none at all. And while we all decry the passing of those days when activity was high, the fact is that it ain't so no mo'. And you folks know that as well - your product line has diversified far beyond FALs and I would be willing to bet that FAL rifle and parts sales are a rather minor segment of your business.....

Now, you can beat us up all you want, you can blow the DSA horn all day and night - we're used to it- but if you put that effort into making good products ( as you once did ) you will find that there would be no greater group of fanboys than the Files. Rationalize all you want, but the problems are real and to date you have not been addressing them properly.

If the DSA reps read only one post out this entire thread, it should be this one. My only issue with J. Armstrong's post is that I didn't write it. Thank you for articulating what so many of us agree with.................
Old July 08, 2018, 07:40   #78
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
"The mud-slinging in this forum is beyond rational or constructive. It honestly makes me sick to even read. It's like primary school nonsense The FAL community should be doing more to lift each other up and work together other then sitting behind a keyboard and bashing folks for fun. "

Yet,instead of DSA re-booting to a earlier time,when their product was actually known to be a lot more in-spec than it is today,they just keep plodding along making no improvements in the end product. If anything,it's cheaper,being cast.
There is a reason why your old receivers sell for more,even when used, than your brand new receivers.
The FAL community HAS been trying to "lift you up"...DSA just doesn't want to hear it. Oh,well.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 08, 2018, 08:08   #79
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Further, you can bash Mark Graham all you want. You may not like his message, or the style in which he delivers it, but the fact is that he has a stellar record of performance and quality workmanship, and it wasn't earned by any other means than consistently good product. Lord knows there enough folks here who don't prefer Marks style and would dearly love to besmirch him - but you don't see that to any degree, do you ? You might want to stop and consider why that is so - if you need me to explain it than that would pretty much make our case here. Further, Mark is extremely generous with sharing information and experience, to the extent that I am sure it affects his business, at least to a small degree. IN that respect, he provides an invaluable service that DSA cannot provide - nor would I expect it to as a larger operation. In any event, I would strongly suggest that bashing Mark will not positively affect anyone's opinion of DSA - we know where our bread is buttered. I will hasten to add, as I have in the past, that I have never personally done business with Mark other Han a few parts sales, but I havE handled and shot quite a few of his FALs and they have uniformly been, without a single exception very well executed and flawlessly functional - that is an accolade that I, most unfortunately, cannot say with such certitude about some of the DSAs I have handled or shot.
Jim, this is an excellent summation of most of my own thoughts on Mark. Personally, I do not care for his "delivery" most times, nor do I agree at times on his opinions. When he offers technical support however (which he does freely and is much appreciated) and when he discusses facts, I pay very close attention and trust him implicitly. I own one riFAL bought from another member here which Mark built, and I can only say it is a thing of beauty which functions flawlessly.

Mr. Kuss, IMHO, DSA would be much better served to take on a similar attitude toward Mark. You may dislike him, or even hate him, but listen to the facts.
Old July 08, 2018, 10:15   #80
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
"The mud-slinging in this forum is beyond rational or constructive. It honestly makes me sick to even read. It's like primary school nonsense
This. The gentleman may well have a considerable basis in fact for this statement - there are times when I feel the same way. That said, he is presumably here to represent his employer, a seller, and he would be well advised to keep this kind of opinion to himself no matter how justified he thinks he is. He is apparently better able to critique others than he is the goods he is trying to sell.

I would go a step further and remind Mr. Kuss that the repository of FAL information here probably far exceeds that of DSA except perhaps in some tech or manufacturing areas, and furthermore it is available to all ( provided you use Google search rather than the forum search engine !! ), without charge . I daresay the Files has "lifted up" more FAL people than either he or DSA has, and yes, I am considering their early and laudable efforts in the field.

Last edited by J. Armstrong; July 09, 2018 at 12:03.
Old July 08, 2018, 10:48   #81
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Well, I suppose redefining "meticulously documented evaluations" as "irrational, unconstructive mudslinging" is a way to comfort themselves.

The fact remains, that DSA has been knowingly selling defective shit for years after being put on notice by myself and many others here, as to the defects.

This review was only on their FAL receivers. I do not know what value it was, for some DSA pussy - who don't even have the balls to sign his name, to post that rambling menagerie of lies, obfuscations, and slander. I do note, that at no point did "Team DSA" acknowledge or deny the defects I so clearly illustrated.

How long did I go round and round with DSA's under-timed barrels, and they insisted "FN has no specification". This is also known as "gratuitously lying because we figure you're too stupid to know any better". It's The Chicago Way, and it's The DSA Way. Lie, obfuscate, threaten, make counter-accusations. But don't fix the problem - just keep selling their known defective shit for years.

Even publishing the FN prints (which DSA claims to have and use) showing how to calculate thread timing, didn't get DSA's representatives to stop their never-ending lies. Eventually, DSA Rep admitted they made out of spec recevier timing to match out of spec barrel timing - but no comment on why they did not disclose these known defects when selling them. It's The Chicago Way.

Last edited by gunplumber; July 08, 2018 at 11:47.
Old July 09, 2018, 10:08   #82
Bug Tussell
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 2872
Quote:
So much said is so few words. This clearly demonstrates DSA's attitude towards DSA's possible but not likely future customer base here at the files.
Old July 09, 2018, 12:01   #83
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Tussell View Post
So much said is so few words. This clearly demonstrates DSA's attitude towards DSA's possible but not likely future customer base here at the files.
Yeah, I like "the small nuggets of goodness" bit. Like there are large nuggets of goodness at DSA

Old July 09, 2018, 12:12   #84
308/223shooter
Gold Contributor

Talked to a nice young fella at this weekends gun show. He has a newer DSA that shoots, but you can't get mags in or out of the magwell without major effort. Also has bolt hold open issues, meaning it doesn't work.

Old July 09, 2018, 13:07   #85
ftierson
Registered

FALaholic #: 13827
Quote:
Yeah, I like "the small nuggets of goodness" bit. Like there are large nuggets of goodness at DSA

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 09, 2018, 18:33   #86
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Oh there are nuggets. A couple of them post here. And they stink.
Old July 11, 2018, 10:11   #87
fireplug
Registered

FALaholic #: 67410
Why should DSA care what crap goes out of their shop,customers still buy every single fal receiver they make,so until that stops nothing will change.Talk is cheap,money talks.Fal Files membersbuying from them is most likely a small percentage of there overall sales,as they seem to sell lots of rifles and receivers on Gunbroker
fireplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2018, 12:20   #88
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Today is a great day! I assembled the first DSA-prefix receiver in months that did not require significant re-working. Mexican Contract Type 1 non CHC, 30747. Barrel threads were a little tight, but after chasing everything went together fine. Lockup good. LS hole correct. minimal hump on front of rails. and (drum roll) Magazines FIT!!!!

Too bad I have to think a good receiver is a fluke.

In contrast -

DSA 30056 - mag fail, locking shoulder fail, mag catch screw fail, overtimes
DSA 30747 - (mex) PASS! Yay!
DSA 30105 - feed ramp fail (unusual contour, no widows peak) carry handle thread fail, mag catch threads fail, mag fit fail
DSA 32175 - lockup fail, receiver cover fail
DSA 32182 - (mex) mag fail
DSA 32243 - (mex) LS fail
DSA 32666 - rail fail, mag fit epic fail, LS hole fail
DSA 34631 - DSA Build - undiagnosed feeding fail
DSA 34704 - LS Fail, warped
DSA 44781 - (F) pass
DSA 34816 - mag fit epic fail
DSA 34844 - (F) pass
DSA 35184 - barrel thread fail, mag fit epic fail
DSA 35558 - mag fit epic fail, lockup fail
DSA 35614 - mag fit fail, dogleg fail, LS fail
DSA 35656 - mag fit fail
DSA 35660 - mag fit fail, dogleg fail, ls fail
DSA 35684 - mag catch axle fail, mag fit fail, LS dogleg fail, LS hole fail
DSA 36111 - DSA build - e block fail, rail fail, mag fit Fail, undiagnosed feeding fail
DSA 36165 - DSA build? - e block fail, lockup fail, mag fit epic fail
DSA 36170 - mag fit fail, lockup fail, LS fail
DSA 36316 - Mag fit epic fail, barrel threads fail (won't accept loose test barrel stub), receiver cover fit fail (hits 1 o'clock).
DSA 36607 - rail fail, receiver cover fail (warped)
DSA 36852 - lockup fail, mag fit barely passing
DSA 36904 - receiver cover fail (warped), e-block fail, lockup fail,
DSA 36943 - mag fit epic fail
DSA R1046 - LS size fail (tight close on .249 .308)
SLR 014 - eblock fail, lockup fail, mag fit fail, charge handle fail, LS dogleg fail, LS fail
SLR 016A - mag fit fail, LS fail, dogleg fail
SLR 018 - mag fit fail, LS fail, SLR 023 - receiver cover fail (warped), mag fit fail
SLR 063 - lockup fail, mag fit fail, LS dogleg fail, LS hole fail
SLR 071 - rails fail, charge handle fail, LS dogleg fail, LS hole fail, mag fit fail
SLR 093 - hinge fail, mag fit epic fail, locking shoulder fail, dogleg fail, hammer slot fail
SLR 094 - charge handle fail, mag fit fail, timing fail (12), LS hole fail, LS dogleg fail, lockup fail.
SLR 095 - mag fit fail, LS hole fail, LS dogleg fail

FWIW mag catch "fail" = mag will insert but not latch. "epic fail" mag won't pass cam point.

That's all I have time for now, resorted in serial number order.

Last edited by gunplumber; July 11, 2018 at 23:47.
Old July 11, 2018, 12:25   #89
GRA556
Registered

Exclamation

Quote:
Today is a great day! I assembled the first DSA-prefix receiver in months that did not require significant re-working. Mexican Contract Type 1 non CHC, 30747. Barrel threads were a little tight, but after chasing everything went together fine. Lockup good. LS hole correct. minimal hump on front of rails. and (drum roll) Magazines FIT!!!!

Too bad I have to think a good receiver is a fluke.

In contrast -

DSA 30056 - mag fail, locking shoulder fail, mag catch screw fail, overtimes
DSA 36852 - lockup fail, mag fit barely passing
DSA 36904 - receiver cover fail (warped), e-block fail, lockup fail,
DSA 32666 - rail fail, mag fit epic fail, LS hole fail
DSA 34816- mag fit epic fail
DSA 30105 - feed ramp fail (unusual contour, no widows peak) carry handle thread fail, mag catch threads fail, mag fit fail
SLR 023 - receiver cover fail (warped), mag fit fail
SLR 093 - hinge fail, mag fit epic fail, locking shoulder fail, dogleg fail, hammer slot fail
DSA 36607 -rail fail, receiver cover fail (warped)
DSA 35558 - mag fit epic fail, lockup fail
DSA 36111 - factory build - e block fail, rail fail, mag fit Fail
DSA 36165 - DSA build? - e block fail, lockup fail, mag fit epic fail
DSA 36943 - mag fit epic fail
DSA 34631 - DSA Build - undiagnosed feeding fail
DSA 36111 - DSA build - undiagnosed feeding fail - mag fit fail
DSA 35558 - DSA Build? - undiagnosed feeding fail eblock fail
DSA 32175 - lockup fail, receiver cover fail

FWIW mag catch "fail" = mag will insert but not latch. "epic fail" mag won't pass cam point.
Oh WOW ... look at all the others here ...
Old July 11, 2018, 13:48   #90
fireplug
Registered

So now all of a sudden a receiver is good.Sounds suspect too me.
Old July 11, 2018, 13:59   #91
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
So now all of a sudden a receiver is good.Sounds suspect too me.
One out of seventeen.

My daddy was a cowboy in his younger days, wild as the west Texas wind. He once told me, "Son, death is a horse you got to ride. So you better get your saddle ready."

heavily armed, easily pissed.
Texgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2018, 15:14   #92
Atla
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79587
The other day, I had to file an extended DSA safety to get it to fit and rotate on my DSA FAL receiver.

That was obnoxious.

Anyways.

Atla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2018, 18:30   #93
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

Yeah, it was fluke. Added 36316 type 3 which I'm working on now, and some others. Mag fit - epic fail, barrel threads, fail (won't accept loose test barrel stub), receiver cover fit fail (hits 1 o'clock). Eventually going to get all typed up.

Last edited by gunplumber; July 11, 2018 at 19:04.
Old July 11, 2018, 22:56   #94
Grahamneall
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 62175
Build to the guidelines outlined and the problems are resolved;

ISO 9001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.

Graham.
Grahamneall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2018, 23:05   #95
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
Why should DSA care what crap goes out of their shop,customers still buy every single fal receiver they make,...
Hear, hear. You hit the nail on the head with that statement. It's the same way in the automotive performance industry. There are a few companies that make parts only good enough to sell. They ARE NOT interested in quality. If people are buying it, then it's good enough. And BTW, they have shills too that defend them on the internet....they threaten defamation lawsuits....etc.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2018, 23:22   #96
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

The free market has a funny way of working. At $300, it's not worth someone else getting into the game. At $600, it is.

As I've said before, I will give tech support to anyone with the capability to produce. Heck, I've spent thousands of dollars over the last 20 years collecting every blueprint I can. And because it's cost me so much, I've been stingy with distribution. But if DSA doesn't get their shit together soon, I'll just publish them for free distribution - I don't care who makes them, I want good receivers available!
Old July 11, 2018, 23:25   #97
GRA556
Registered

Thumbs up

Quote:
I don't care who makes them, I want good receivers available!
Now THIS nails it perfectly
Old July 12, 2018, 23:37   #98
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
Quote:
First off, I am with DSA as many of you know.

The folks that do know me and deal with me know I am not a liar or a bullshit artist. The "FACTS" are we work tirelessly to address, access and improve our processes. Every complaint that comes in to us we take very seriously and if an issue arises, we immediately address it and do everything in our power to make our customers happy.

The mud-slinging in this forum is beyond rational or constructive. It honestly makes me sick to even read. It's like primary school nonsense The FAL community should be doing more to lift each other up and work together other then sitting behind a keyboard and bashing folks for fun.

Thanks!

Thom Kuss
The FACTS are in the pictures GP posted. He has a reputation here as a major anal retentive and obnoxious asshole, so it's not like he's made friends with everyone here, but we do know he knows what he's talking about and that he is relentlessly attentive to detail, so it is because of this, not his charming personality, that he is far more trusted than your once-reputable company and the reputation you folks trashed.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2018, 00:44   #99
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Kuss9000 has not bothered to log in since 5 or 6 July guys.

This was a crawl by, five posts and gone, by another DSA lackey who;s done blown his wad and ran home to mommy.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2018, 09:41   #100
fireplug
Registered

Jeez,how many DSA employee's are there that is going too come on this site and keep saying over and over that they will fix any defects,and say their product is perfectly good.This repeat DSA product defective crap is really getting OLD.