The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2019, 09:25   #751
Tobias Took
Member
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 79463
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 180
Some pics of my 02/08 ordered SG






Okay, I must be doing the insert images wrong


Edit: I give up. Here's my flikr

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmErGkeW

Last edited by Tobias Took; June 22, 2019 at 10:42.
Tobias Took is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2019, 09:32   #752
GS455
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 63848
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Took View Post
Some pics of my 02/08 ordered SG






Okay, I must be doing the insert images wrong
Pics pics pics pics !!!
GS455 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2019, 13:11   #753
Tobias Took
Member
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 79463
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 180
Is the darkness of the wood on this typical? It looks very military, like my Springfield, but that is walnut and I assume the Izzy is beech or some such.

Another question, it looks like almost nothing on this rifle is serialized. Not the BC or Bolt, likewise the lower doesn't seem to have a serial either. Were they made that way or have they been scrubbed?

Also, I added pictures with the muzzle devices on.


https://flic.kr/s/aHsmErGkeW

Last edited by Tobias Took; June 22, 2019 at 13:21.
Tobias Took is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2019, 14:12   #754
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 27951
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pine Grove, La.
Posts: 2,745
The engraving looks more like a laser etching. Can you see if there's any depth?
__________________
RIP shlomo
CG&L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2019, 14:53   #755
Tobias Took
Member
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 79463
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 180
I don't have a gauge small enough to fit in the engravings. You can feel them, obviously but other than that I cannot say.

Based on my reading of this

https://www.scribd.com/doc/289452749...attern-30OCT11

my kit was a Romat 3 kit rather than a Model 1A as the receiver is labeled. It has all the features listed for the Romat 3 except the closed ear gas block and the horizontal lever.

Last edited by Tobias Took; June 22, 2019 at 15:40.
Tobias Took is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2019, 16:40   #756
S.B.
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 81718
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Pontiac, Illinois
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
The engraving looks more like a laser etching. Can you see if there's any depth?
I can only address by the one they sent me but, much too deep to be laser etched. easily took white lacquer stick marking paint. Maybe cast into the metal?
Steve
__________________
The Original Point and Click Interface Was a S&W
S.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2019, 08:07   #757
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 27951
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pine Grove, La.
Posts: 2,745
Anybody know or know to look to see what receiver(Type 1, 2 or 3) goes with with Romat(Early Model, Model 2 or Model 3)
__________________
RIP shlomo
CG&L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2019, 09:06   #758
Tobias Took
Member
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 79463
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG&L View Post
Anybody know or know to look to see what receiver(Type 1, 2 or 3) goes with with Romat(Early Model, Model 2 or Model 3)
That link I cited says the Romat 3 has


Third Production Model with Type-2 receiver with NO magazine-release cutout
Tobias Took is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2019, 11:30   #759
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor
 
hkshooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 5391
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 7,284
Saw a post recently on FB FN owners page that supposedly shows DSA roll stamping the markings on the receivers. Looks good and if they perfect and offer this instead of the engraving I may have to obtain a new receiver or my izzy. They could in theory offer roll stamping for other type markings also so maybe the alleged upcoming new G1 receivers will have roll stamped markings, too.

https://www.facebook.com/thom.kuss/v...3576570628588/
__________________
"2A was specifically for, as you note, dealing with what is no longer feasible within the system. This applies to all organs of the state, whether they carry badges, gavels or law degrees."
Mark Graham

Last edited by hkshooter; June 23, 2019 at 11:41.
hkshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2019, 11:45   #760
S.B.
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 81718
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Pontiac, Illinois
Posts: 182
I guess it all depends on how much one is willing to spend, as for me, I've spent enough on FALs for a while?
Steve
__________________
The Original Point and Click Interface Was a S&W
S.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2019, 17:58   #761
STGguy
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 81733
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Charlotte/ NC
Posts: 241
Baynet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Took View Post
Is the darkness of the wood on this typical? It looks very military, like my Springfield, but that is walnut and I assume the Izzy is beech or some such.

Another question, it looks like almost nothing on this rifle is serialized. Not the BC or Bolt, likewise the lower doesn't seem to have a serial either. Were they made that way or have they been scrubbed?

Also, I added pictures with the muzzle devices on.


https://flic.kr/s/aHsmErGkeW
Hey Tobias, where did you get that sexy Bayonet on your LB kit/ build here?
STGguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2019, 21:32   #762
Tobias Took
Member
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 79463
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by STGguy View Post
Hey Tobias, where did you get that sexy Bayonet on your LB kit/ build here?

This guy had a couple. www.jjmilitaryantiques.com

This particular specimen cost about $95 but the metal was minty.

Edit: I just checked and he doesn't have any more in stock.
Tobias Took is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2019, 16:55   #763
Blackrat
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 78815
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: San Bruno
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by STGguy View Post
Hey Tobias, where did you get that sexy Bayonet on your LB kit/ build here?
DSA has refinished israeli bayonets for $85
Blackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2019, 19:51   #764
Tobias Took
Member
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 79463
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrat View Post
DSA has refinished israeli bayonets for $85
I believe those are actually Argentinian but are the correct trident type.

The one I bought won't go on my SG. Too tight for the lug from the reparking, I think. I will probably have to run some sandpaper through the lug slot before it will slide on.

Btw, here's a comparison between the ones DSA is selling and an original FN. Either the Argys are a quarter inch shorter, or DSA shortened the one I bought to put a new point on it.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskRoiZxQ

Last edited by Tobias Took; June 27, 2019 at 21:41.
Tobias Took is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2019, 23:44   #765
wingnut152
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 82238
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 36
Anyone have any ideas on what sling type(s) would be proper on an early Izzy LB? I like to outfit all my milsurp rifles with their proper type of sling, if at all possible. Iíve looked at all the photos I can find of them in service, but none seem to be clear enough or close enough to determine anything about the slings.

I seem to recall the topic being discussed somewhere here, but I did a forum search and didnít see it.
wingnut152 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2019, 08:25   #766
Grahamneall
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 62175
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,002
Where did the Izzy marked grenade/sight plunger come from ??
G.
Grahamneall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2019, 21:13   #767
Mrbadshot
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 82269
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Pueblo West, Colorado
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamneall View Post
Where did the Izzy marked grenade/sight plunger come from ??
G.
I just ordered one from Sarco...19.95
Mrbadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2019, 21:38   #768
Tobias Took
Member
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 79463
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 180
I got my grenade sight from Numrich for about the same.

http://bit.ly/2LvlKmC

Edit: I checked and no, I paid more. About $30. But it is in good shape.
Tobias Took is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2019, 22:25   #769
embatp
What? Me AR?
Silver Contributor
 
embatp's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 39856
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Behind enemy lines...
Posts: 4,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Took View Post
I believe those are actually Argentinian but are the correct trident type.

The one I bought won't go on my SG. Too tight for the lug from the reparking, I think. I will probably have to run some sandpaper through the lug slot before it will slide on.

Btw, here's a comparison between the ones DSA is selling and an original FN. Either the Argys are a quarter inch shorter, or DSA shortened the one I bought to put a new point on it.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskRoiZxQ
Your wood paneled bayonet looks to have the big latch associated with a lot of the very early rifles....
__________________
"only he is lost who gives himself up for lost"
embatp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2019, 00:08   #770
wingnut152
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 82238
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Took View Post
The one I bought won't go on my SG. Too tight for the lug from the reparking, I think. I will probably have to run some sandpaper through the lug slot before it will slide on.
https://flic.kr/s/aHskRoiZxQ
I found the same issue with mine.
wingnut152 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2019, 06:47   #771
S.B.
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 81718
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Pontiac, Illinois
Posts: 182
Are you dealing with the OG or soldiers grade, the link in your post seems to have a bayonet for the soldiers grade rifle?
Steve
__________________
The Original Point and Click Interface Was a S&W
S.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2019, 07:48   #772
Tobias Took
Member
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 79463
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 180
The last few comments are about the SG with the unthreaded lugged barrel.
Tobias Took is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2019, 07:50   #773
Tobias Took
Member
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 79463
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut152 View Post
Anyone have any ideas on what sling type(s) would be proper on an early Izzy LB? I like to outfit all my milsurp rifles with their proper type of sling, if at all possible. Iíve looked at all the photos I can find of them in service, but none seem to be clear enough or close enough to determine anything about the slings.

I seem to recall the topic being discussed somewhere here, but I did a forum search and didnít see it.


The picture at the beginning of this thread looks like a leather sling to me. K98 maybe. I would think that an Enfield sling would be appropriate also.
Tobias Took is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2019, 10:06   #774
WWCOLLECTOR
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 73171
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 16
Bought a couple of these for my stg58 and soldier grade Israeli. I believe this is the sling from the picture in post #1

https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...&idcategory=29
WWCOLLECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2019, 13:38   #775
Tobias Took
Member
Silver Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 79463
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWCOLLECTOR View Post
Bought a couple of these for my stg58 and soldier grade Israeli. I believe this is the sling from the picture in post #1

https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...&idcategory=29


That does look like a match.
Tobias Took is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 01, 2019, 12:10   #776
embatp
What? Me AR?
Silver Contributor
 
embatp's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 39856
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Behind enemy lines...
Posts: 4,533
They used Mauser slings early on....
__________________
"only he is lost who gives himself up for lost"
embatp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 07, 2019, 20:06   #777
farmer-dave
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 33571
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: central Kansas
Posts: 82
I've got an officers grade and it's shooting way low. After looking for different height sights that work with the the Israeli it doesn't look like much is out there. So I started filing on the sight, after a little work and a test shoot I think I'll be down to the square before I get enough filed away to get it on to the target. I've double checked it's screwed as far in as able, not sure why there is such a discrepancy. Any advice from the more experienced.
farmer-dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 08, 2019, 06:38   #778
S.B.
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 81718
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Pontiac, Illinois
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer-dave View Post
I've got an officers grade and it's shooting way low. After looking for different height sights that work with the the Israeli it doesn't look like much is out there. So I started filing on the sight, after a little work and a test shoot I think I'll be down to the square before I get enough filed away to get it on to the target. I've double checked it's screwed as far in as able, not sure why there is such a discrepancy. Any advice from the more experienced.
Mine was like that but, I got in touch with DS Arms and they managed to come up with a -2 front sight post for me? Mine was shooting way low at 100 yards with the rear sight all the way up to 600 setting? Haven't taken it back to the range since I installed it though but, according to the math sould be a lot closer now?
Steve
__________________
The Original Point and Click Interface Was a S&W
S.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2019, 15:44   #779
hvymech
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 81522
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: stilwell,ok
Posts: 6
DSArms order status

I ordered a Officer Izzy FAL on 3-11-19 .....I just called and checked status on rifle and was told 4-5 more weeks. Well.....back to the waiting mode.
hvymech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2019, 16:05   #780
cubrock
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 16034
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymech View Post
I ordered a Officer Izzy FAL on 3-11-19 .....I just called and checked status on rifle and was told 4-5 more weeks. Well.....back to the waiting mode.

I ordered mine on 2/4/19 and it still hasn't shipped, despite others who ordered later having received theirs. I've called them twice.
cubrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2019, 16:07   #781
DSA_REP
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80089
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: I'm an active FAL enthusiast living in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubrock View Post
I ordered mine on 2/4/19 and it still hasn't shipped, despite others who ordered later having received theirs. I've called them twice.
Send me a msg with your order number and info so I can look into it please
DSA_REP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2019, 16:37   #782
cubrock
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 16034
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA_REP View Post
Send me a msg with your order number and info so I can look into it please
Done. Thank you for checking into it.
cubrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2019, 19:14   #783
tankerfrank
Registered
 
tankerfrank's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 7360
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: PLAINFIELD IL
Posts: 83
DSA rep please help me as well every time I call they tell me another two weeks that they're waiting for barrels. But they told me that I have a barreled action. Well if the barreled action why can't I get my rifle yet it's going at 24 weeks I'm not going to give up on you guys but it is surreal. I even asked them that if they don't have the officers barrels you could put a service grade Barrel on it just so I can get my rifle the rep said he'd call me back never did.
__________________
FRANK A,
U.S.ARMY
3/3/33 ARMOR The MEN OF WAR
1/1/34 ARMOR The CENTURIONS
Ayers Kaserne & Ft. Riley
100%Service-Connected Disabled Veteran
tankerfrank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2019, 05:32   #784
S.B.
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 81718
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Pontiac, Illinois
Posts: 182
Has anyone thought they maybe running out of kits?
Steve
__________________
The Original Point and Click Interface Was a S&W
S.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2019, 06:58   #785
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor
 
hkshooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 5391
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 7,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Has anyone thought they maybe running out of kits?
Steve
They know how many kits they have so should know how many rifles they can build. Running out of kits should be a non issue when it comes to delays in delivering completed rifles.
__________________
"2A was specifically for, as you note, dealing with what is no longer feasible within the system. This applies to all organs of the state, whether they carry badges, gavels or law degrees."
Mark Graham
hkshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2019, 07:16   #786
S.B.
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 81718
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Pontiac, Illinois
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
They know how many kits they have so should know how many rifles they can build. Running out of kits should be a non issue when it comes to delays in delivering completed rifles.
And when the bucket runs dry and there are no more? Bound to happen sooner or later. These rifles were manufactured in the 1950s.
Steve
__________________
The Original Point and Click Interface Was a S&W
S.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2019, 10:27   #787
hansellhd
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31152
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,285
Ordered 1/29/19, called yesterday was told my rifle was built and ready for test firing this week. Will ship out sometime next week, so DSA says.

Somehow I get the feeling I won't see this thing till the end of July or early Aug. That would be six months.
__________________
HDH.
hansellhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2019, 11:27   #788
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor
 
hkshooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 5391
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 7,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
And when the bucket runs dry and there are no more? Bound to happen sooner or later. These rifles were manufactured in the 1950s.
Steve
The bucket having a bottom is why you count kits and know how many you have, so you dont over sell. You know? Know how many orders you can accept and be able to fill? Thought this would be obvious but maybe not.
__________________
"2A was specifically for, as you note, dealing with what is no longer feasible within the system. This applies to all organs of the state, whether they carry badges, gavels or law degrees."
Mark Graham
hkshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2019, 12:50   #789
S.B.
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 81718
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Pontiac, Illinois
Posts: 182
hkshooter, quit wasting band width, please this doesn't help anyone.
Steve
__________________
The Original Point and Click Interface Was a S&W
S.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2019, 13:22   #790
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor
 
hkshooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 5391
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 7,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
hkshooter, quit wasting band width, please this doesn't help anyone.
Steve
I pointed out a hole in your comment in an effort to help you and it's a waste of band width?

I find that I can not possibly agree with you more. Good day, sir.
__________________
"2A was specifically for, as you note, dealing with what is no longer feasible within the system. This applies to all organs of the state, whether they carry badges, gavels or law degrees."
Mark Graham
hkshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2019, 14:12   #791
DSA_REP
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80089
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: I'm an active FAL enthusiast living in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankerfrank View Post
DSA rep please help me as well every time I call they tell me another two weeks that they're waiting for barrels. But they told me that I have a barreled action. Well if the barreled action why can't I get my rifle yet it's going at 24 weeks I'm not going to give up on you guys but it is surreal. I even asked them that if they don't have the officers barrels you could put a service grade Barrel on it just so I can get my rifle the rep said he'd call me back never did.
The biggest problem has been waiting on barrels. We just received a large batch yesterday so we've had our guys plugging on them non stop. Thanks to everyone for their patience.
DSA_REP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2019, 19:33   #792
Redoubt
Gunnin'
Bronze Contributor
 
Redoubt's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 82243
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 225
So DSA rep what week are you working on now? Or can you at least give us a month you're on?
__________________
You had to dump the concept of the battle rifle before the FAL was beaten.
Redoubt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2019, 21:04   #793
Redoubt
Gunnin'
Bronze Contributor
 
Redoubt's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 82243
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA_REP View Post
The biggest problem has been waiting on barrels. We just received a large batch yesterday so we've had our guys plugging on them non stop. Thanks to everyone for their patience.
So since we have you here. What week or month orders are you working for SG and OG?
__________________
You had to dump the concept of the battle rifle before the FAL was beaten.
Redoubt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2019, 01:07   #794
sterlnikov
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 14956
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 145
I hope you will have barrels for sale separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA_REP View Post
The biggest problem has been waiting on barrels. We just received a large batch yesterday so we've had our guys plugging on them non stop. Thanks to everyone for their patience.
sterlnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2019, 03:29   #795
gf113
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80887
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
hkshooter, quit wasting band width, please this doesn't help anyone.
Steve
bandwith is an unlimited resource.
gf113 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2019, 06:25   #796
1911Ron
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17513
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ft Mudge Az
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Has anyone thought they maybe running out of kits?
Steve
True huh? I mean how silly would it be to count them.
__________________
FAL convert.
"Too old to fight, too slow to run, but I can still shoot pretty good!"
1911Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2019, 12:27   #797
DSA_REP
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 80089
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: I'm an active FAL enthusiast living in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Ron View Post
True huh? I mean how silly would it be to count them.
As I appreciate the concern for our counting capabilities I assure you we have 4 brand new abacus that our genetically modified, bipedal ape forces are training on right now! If they can stop flinging pooh at each other for 5 minutes perhaps we'll get somewhere.

That being said, we have more then enough kits to fulfill ALL orders. The delays have been exacerbated by getting barrels in. We just received a decent batch in so we are plugging on them right now. Again, I truly appreciate everyone's patience and know, that when you get your rifle, you will love it.

If anyone has any further questions PLEASE feel free to shoot us a message. Thanks!
DSA_REP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2019, 12:48   #798
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Silver Contributor
 
hkshooter's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 5391
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 7,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA_REP View Post
As I appreciate the concern for our counting capabilities I assure you we have 4 brand new abacus that our genetically modified, bipedal ape forces are training on right now! If they can stop flinging pooh at each other for 5 minutes perhaps we'll get somewhere.


Bravo!
__________________
"2A was specifically for, as you note, dealing with what is no longer feasible within the system. This applies to all organs of the state, whether they carry badges, gavels or law degrees."
Mark Graham
hkshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2019, 16:57   #799
1911Ron
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17513
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ft Mudge Az
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA_REP View Post
As I appreciate the concern for our counting capabilities I assure you we have 4 brand new abacus that our genetically modified, bipedal ape forces are training on right now! If they can stop flinging pooh at each other for 5 minutes perhaps we'll get somewhere.
__________________
FAL convert.
"Too old to fight, too slow to run, but I can still shoot pretty good!"
1911Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 20, 2019, 14:47   #800
BWright
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 79303
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: ELGIN
Posts: 7
want to share I received the enlisted rifle I ordered it about 2 months ago.
still waiting for my first order made in Feb.

my first impressions ,,, I have to say this is my first Fal. , before I took it I got to have a look. my first concern was how would the wood be.. I have other surplus rifles and have no problem with honorable wear. I was happy to see just some dings and minor marks. mine didn't have a crack or chunk out of them.. color, tone matched. so looked nice.

The IDF star and writing I'm assuming has the earlier marks and not the sharper marks show on their Facebook page short vid.

overall wear and color of the metal parts are what they advertised. my wife pointed out the upper receiver being a little off in color.

I had purchased a bunch of mags from J & C and tried some and they all fit ok.

some have mentioned their gun showing up with oil on the wood , I didn't have any,,

also... mine has a vertical takedown lever. I thought that a nice touch with the enlisted being a earlier look not having the barrel device and all.. so like that..

anyway... that's my first thoughts on it.
BWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files