Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
New Cop Speak... Redirection !

So listening to Live PD
some Skinhead with a badge is running mouth over "redirection"
see the "perp" was asking why they were messing with him

piggy stated he was engaged in redirection
seem to recall it was some Texass Skinheader too
sorry, I have a right to know why you lit me up.

retards behind a badge
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2019, 02:51   #2
Retired Bum
Registered

FALaholic #: 21904
You need to get your meds adjusted......

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Retired Bum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2019, 09:52   #3
Sig220
Registered

FALaholic #: 11622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
So listening to Live PD
some Skinhead with a badge is running mouth over "redirection"
see the "perp" was asking why they were messing with him

piggy stated he was engaged in redirection
seem to recall it was some Texass Skinheader too
sorry, I have a right to know why you lit me up.

retards behind a badge
"Dick's hatband is too tight."
Old March 10, 2019, 09:57   #4
yovinny
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Bum View Post
You need to get your meds adjusted......
Its just an 'off' or between doses day,,,,his posts are short and incoherent.

'On' days his posts are non stop run on and fantasy flights of his own intelligence and legend.

Watch for awhile,,,its a well defined pattern.
yovinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2019, 17:19   #5
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Apparently Maryland State Laws is not one of those subjects in which you espouse proficiency. In Maryland, Interfering with or Hindering an Officer is illegal. Attempting to divert or misdirect an officer's attention away from a potential criminal act is one of the elements of Interfering Or Hindering an officer. So when the son of the stopped driver kept drawing the officers attention away the traffic stop. They told him to stop his actions or he would face charges because he was redirecting them from the original traffic stop, which did not involve him.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2019, 18:12   #6
Riversidesports
keeping it cool
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
Apparently Maryland State Laws is not one of those subjects in which you espouse proficiency. In Maryland, Interfering with or Hindering an Officer is illegal. Attempting to divert or misdirect an officer's attention away from a potential criminal act is one of the elements of Interfering Or Hindering an officer. So when the son of the stopped driver kept drawing the officers attention away the traffic stop. They told him to stop his actions or he would face charges because he was redirecting them from the original traffic stop, which did not involve him.
We have to be talking about two different shows tac

pretty sure this one was Texas. They had stopped at a gas station to harass one car at the pumps then noticed another with expired tabs so went after him instead.
There was no son involved

The other motorist a black guy was all like why are you bothering ME ?
the one badged bubble head kept demanding he cease redirecting

He must have told the perp this at least four times

I just tend to get a charge out of Cop New Speak
another is some guy is down on the ground getting cuffed up and there are always a couple morons yelling Stop Resisting !
you see that all the time these days on these shows whether there is resistance or not tac
it just seems to be something the new generation are being trained to yell no matter how insane it looks or sounds.

nope don't know boo about laws outside of the upper Midwest, there are some real odd ones in other jurisdictions. It just seemed a crazy bit of verbage.
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2019, 22:12   #7
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversidesports View Post
We have to be talking about two different shows tac
Can't say for sure. I watched the live shows Friday and Saturday and the only time I recall the officers using the term redirection was the officers in Md. Don't recall any other time.

But it does seem pretty routine for the Texans who are pulled over to question everything the police do including their multiple moving violations. "Man, you guys are always harassing me" seems to be their favorite statement. Even after the cop tells them that since they haven't gotten their previous issues squared away from the last time he stopped them a week ago.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2019, 09:26   #8
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac-40 View Post
True story:
A buddy and his friend were fishing below a big hydro dam near Tulsa. GW show up and randomly look in buckets, check licenses, etc..

Buddy see GW, takes off running downstream. Passes fishermen, runs prob 1/4 mile til the pavement runs out, keeps going a ways the stops. GW runs down to him demands to see his license, buddy hands it to him. "this is up to date - why'd you take off running when you saw me?" asks GW.

"My buddy's ain't", says my friend, grinning. GW not amused, lol.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2019, 10:34   #9
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Person who join the military, many time end up as cops.

We give dedicated volunteers, "the police power" to get bad guys while we sleep.

The cops is us; not some space aliens or robots; it is humanity policng humanity as part of the legal system.

We are not perfect persons, and no system is perfect. With enough stages in the system, justice is done maybe 75% of the time; nothing is perfect.

Under communism and ANY dictatorship, justice is never done, just the killing.
I am pretty happy with the way it is, but we have to prevent the commies from disarming us and to allow the homeless more rights than us....................to shit and live on the streets like animals.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2019, 13:15   #10
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Did not see the incident you mentioned, but watch the show once in a while (not so much anymore, got tired of the same thing over and over).

From what I have seen, 95% of the time if the people pulled over/stopped are civil and polite, the cops are very civil and very polite.

When people are dicks to the officers then the cops ratched up the cop-speak and tough attituide, which in most cases is well warranted to assert control of a situation that can quickly spiral out of control.

I do think some of them get carried away with the "intefereing" threats. You roll into someone's yard yelling orders at a confused citizen and they ask a few questions and you scream 'stop interfereing', that's not helping matters.
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 09:05   #11
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig220 View Post
"Dick's hatband is too tight."
Dick's is going to stop selling hatbands.
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019, 10:55   #12
Sig220
Registered

FALaholic #: 11622
I have seen Dick's, but would have never and would not ever shop there......hatbands or not.
Old March 13, 2019, 18:18   #13
WESOMATIC
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 75796
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedKennedy View Post
True story:
A buddy and his friend were fishing below a big hydro dam near Tulsa. GW show up and randomly look in buckets, check licenses, etc..

Buddy see GW, takes off running downstream. Passes fishermen, runs prob 1/4 mile til the pavement runs out, keeps going a ways the stops. GW runs down to him demands to see his license, buddy hands it to him. "this is up to date - why'd you take off running when you saw me?" asks GW.

"My buddy's ain't", says my friend, grinning. GW not amused, lol.

That sounds like a Keystone story.
Old March 14, 2019, 06:51   #14
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Quote:
Originally Posted by WESOMATIC View Post
That sounds like a Keystone story.
Yup.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2019, 07:01   #15
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
True story from my trailer park days. I wake up at O-dark-30 to see flashing lights coming from the highway. I put on my slippers and step out to see what is up. All kind of goings on up at the road. I walk up the three trailers to the owner/managers trailer which is next to the road. Seems somebody had slowed to turn into the trailer park when somebody else behind them did not s(slow) and piled into the turning car launching it clean across the road and into the landlords front yard.

Landlord is pretty pissed with all the commotion and folks stomping his yard and stuff. He goes in his house and gets Ruger MK I .22 pistol. Comes out and shows it to a couple of folks who back off. He calms down and thinks better of things and takes pistol back inside and puts it away. I witness all of this, from a discrete distance (behind a vehicle).

Fireman calls cops saying landlord is brandishing a ".45". Barney Fife shows up and proceeds to push landlord around with two hands on his chest attempting to provoke landlord into something. I mean physically pushing him in the chest, more than once while verbally abusing him. I call over for Barney to stop that. Barney charges me (I'm standing outside a fence) demanding identification. I am standing there in my PJs and slippers, really. I say I don't have any but indicate I think he ought to stop assaulting the landlord. They do cuff and stuff him and haul him off and I go back to bed.

Lots of stupid went on that night.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote