The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > The Great Outdoors

Notices

Old March 05, 2013, 13:46   #151
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 43401
Shoot def! Next thing ya know you'll be telling me wrasslin' is fake too!
"Hell, Jack...the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester" - Sheriff Hank Pearson, Extreme Prejudice - (1987)
NEWFNL1A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2013, 13:10   #152
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 43401
Was reviewing the C2C shows on the net found this....pretty good discussion!

Bigfoot & Mysterious Disappearances (starts around the 41 min mark)

"Hell, Jack...the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester" - Sheriff Hank Pearson, Extreme Prejudice - (1987)
NEWFNL1A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2013, 10:28   #153
Registered

FALaholic #: 348
there's a squatch in them woods
0302 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2013, 17:00   #154
Roadmarker
Ever vigilant
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63605
Strange things happen in the woods. I'm reminded of a story that my uncle, a former Marine, told me about a hunting trip with with one of our hunting partners where they came across a small clearing in the middle of the woods that was filled with black cars. Different varieties, but all in perfect shape. There were no roads into the clearing and they felt something wasn't right about the area. They said felt a low hum, and it felt like they were being watched. My uncle wasn't the type to spook, but they got out of the area as quickly as possible and never went back. I'll try to get more details from the hunting buddy, as my uncle has passed away. It would be interesting to see if I could find the clearing.

On a more humorous note, I remember the first time I heard a bigfoot! I was a bout 15 and we were up at the hunting cabin. It was dark and it was my chore to get water from the spring to wash the dishes. Well as I was filling the bucket, careful to avoid any sand....when this unholy roar arose from about fifty feet behind me. Kind of a a grunting, huffing sound mixed with the squeal of an elk bugle. Well the bucket went one way and I went the other. I hit the cabin doing about 60 MPH and let everyone know that they should avoid going outside 'case there was a bigfoot about twenty yards from the cabin!!! They all started laughing and asked where the water bucket was. I told them what happened and they laughed some more. I had to go get the bucket with water, this time with a flashlight and on the far side of the spring I saw that an outfitter from up the creek had dropped off a couple of mules in the corral. It was them I heard...LOL. They never let me forget that one.

Last edited by Roadmarker; March 24, 2013 at 17:31.
Roadmarker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2013, 06:58   #155
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
More.
http://www.news.com.au/technology/sc...-1226687343311
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 03, 2013, 10:01   #156
Story
Registered

Old August 31, 2013, 12:27   #157
Story
Registered

Quote:
A hunter in the Cree village of Wemindji in Northern Quebec claims he has spotted Bigfoot and has the photographs to prove it.

Indeed, Melvin Georgekish says he spotted a pair of the mythic creatures, also known as Sasquatch, while he was driving his pick-up truck along a road in a wooded area near his town.

He said he saw two sets of red eyes staring at him from the forest.

He drove on, then turned around, returning to the spot and flashing his lights, but the red-eyed beasts were gone.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/cree-hunter...bZPl3KofQkCAAA
Old September 02, 2013, 20:08   #158
Registered

i have no bf encounters but i have a photo of a possible ufo taken near farmington nm about 2 weeks ago. bright sunny day, almost no wind, looks like a silver orb in the sky. everyone i have shown the photo agrees it looks like an orb.
Old September 02, 2013, 20:49   #159
Jpanzer
Registered

FALaholic #: 53708

Yep, Big Foot for sure....
Jpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 03, 2013, 10:35   #160
MordeanGrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0302 View Post
i have no bf encounters but i have a photo of a possible ufo taken near farmington nm about 2 weeks ago. bright sunny day, almost no wind, looks like a silver orb in the sky. everyone i have shown the photo agrees it looks like an orb.
So post it!
MordeanGrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 03, 2013, 21:43   #161
Registered

here it is

Old September 03, 2013, 23:12   #162
Texgunner
long-time Texas taxpayer
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 4653
Hmmm. Goodyear blimp coming your way? I dunno, that's very weird.
Old September 03, 2013, 23:21   #163
Story
Registered

Quote:
here it is
Here ya go.

http://www.mufon.com/MapPages/NM.html

Donald R. Burleson, Ph.D.
State Director

P.O. Box 583
Roswell, NM 88202-0583

(575) 622-0855
email: burleson@dfn.com

Dee Gragg
Assistant State Director

email: deegragg@yahoo.com
Old September 04, 2013, 00:02   #164
Registered

i took several other photos looking the same direction, but do not recall the object in those photos but will check again. but there it is for the peanut gallery to see.
Old September 04, 2013, 09:17   #165
MordeanGrey
Registered

Old September 04, 2013, 12:18   #166
Registered

its broad daylight & perfect viewing conditions & it doesn't appear in the other photos. could be a ballon, drone, ??????
Old September 04, 2013, 13:21   #167
MordeanGrey
Registered

Quote:
its broad daylight & perfect viewing conditions & it doesn't appear in the other photos. could be a ballon, drone, ??????
Weather balloons are often silver. That would be my first guess.
Old September 08, 2013, 14:43   #168
Story
Registered

Quote:
LINCOLN Before July, Saunders County Sheriff Kevin Stukenholtz had never fielded a call about Bigfoot over a lifetime in law enforcement.Now he has a big mystery on his hands.

Stukenholtz, along with the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, investigated a reported sighting of an unidentified hairy creature in late July on a country road that parallels the Platte River. A hair sample found at the site was still being analyzed.
http://www.starherald.com/news/local...a4bcf887a.html
Old October 02, 2013, 14:22   #169
def90
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 50609
New video.. Bigfoot is real!!

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...tech.html?vp=1

Bigfoot is real, and now at least one scientist claims there is proof.
A group of Sasquatch researchers who have been collecting over 100 pieces of evidence over the past five years screened "never before seen HD video" of the alleged creature at a news conference in Dallas on Tuesday.

The footage, which came from a similar effort dubbed The Erickson Project, led by Adrian Erickson, showed what the group said was a sasquatch moving through wooded areas in Kentucky.
Dr. Melba Ketchum, who has led the group of researchers called the Sasquatch Genome Project, has been working on a $500,000 analysis of DNA samples from an unknown hominin species. Ketchum calls the project "a serious study" that concludes the legendary Sasquatch exists in North America and is a human relative that arose approximately 13,000 years ago.

"They're a type of people, they're a human-hybrid, we believe. And all of the DNA evidence points to that. And they can allude us, so if you get [footage] at all, it can be fleeting," Ketchum told ABC affiliate WFAA.
Ketchum, who was initially a skeptic, says she implemented strict protocols as DNA was extracted from the collected samples.
"We soon discovered that certain hair samples - which we would later identify as purported Sasquatch samples - had unique morphology distinguishing them from typical human and animal samples," Ketchum said in February of the research.

"Those hair samples that could not be identified as known animal or human were subsequently screened using DNA testing, beginning with sequencing of mitochondrial DNA followed by sequencing nuclear DNA to determine where these individuals fit in the 'tree of life,'" she said.
In total, 111 specimens of purported Sasquatch hair, blood, skin, and other tissue types were analyzed for the Sasquatch Genome Project's study. The samples were submitted from 34 different hominin research sites in 14 U.S. states and two Canadian provinces.

At Tuesday's press conference, Dennis Pfoul, the group's project manager, showed footage that of footprints of what he believes belongs to a Sasquatch in the snow in Colorado.

"We've all had experiences that have changed our lives, I mean, literally shook the foundation of what we believe in," Pfoul said at the news conference.

Funding for the Sasquatch Genome Project comes from Erikson and entrepreneur Wally Hersom, according to Ketchum. The Erikson Project has in the past teased footage of supposed Sasquatch sightings, notable in a November 2012 trailer for "Sasquatch: The Quest."
Old October 03, 2013, 13:50   #170
Col. Bat Guano
Deviated Prevert
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 39349
If there really was a Bigfoot, by now you would have seen one strapped to the hood of some redneck's pickup parked outside a bar.
Col. Bat Guano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2013, 08:44   #171
Story
Registered

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/10/2...pers-reported/
Old January 30, 2014, 23:56   #172
Story
Registered

Quote:
The folks at the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals don't think that Bigfoot is real, but do feel strongly about those that would shoot something exotic for sport.

"The bottom line is, when someone sees a rare, exotic animal their first instinct shouldn't be to shoot and kill it," said PETA spokesperson Lindsay Rajt. "Just because you see something pretty, that doesn't mean it should be mounted on your wall."
http://www.chron.com/news/strange-we...ng-5185492.php

http://www.barnesbullets.com/product...le/tsx-bullet/
Old February 24, 2014, 15:23   #173
Story
Registered

Quote:
The dubious display of so-called Bigfoot drew about 800 people to Trader's Village in northwest Harris County Sunday, during the first, and unexpected, Houston stop of the travelling spectacle.

"We got here a day early and we just wanted to show as many people as possible," said Rick Dyer, a self-proclaimed "master tracker" who says he killed the mythical creature in 2012.

People of all ages shelled out money to enter his trailer to look into the 9-foot case that holds the specimen Dyer calls Hank.
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ut-5261180.php
Old February 24, 2014, 19:22   #174
Registered

i think it's appropriate the big foot show is in texas, lots of suckers south of Oklahoma.
oldies:

Q: How do you get to Austin from Fayetteville?
A: Walk west till you smell it then south till you step in it.

Q: Why does the wind always blow in Oklahoma?
A: 'Cuz Texas sucks!
Old February 24, 2014, 19:38   #175
Registered

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/...texas.html?m=1

let's not forget the 2011 Texas Bigfoot Conference. I vote the term be changed from Bigfoot to the FOUKE Monster!!!! ya can't make this s** t up!

Fouke is pronounced /FOWW-KE/
May and June 1971, the Fouke monster is spotted and tracks are found.
The Fouke monster has three toes.
In 1967, Carl Finch from band, Brave Combo, spotted a tall, furry creature as they were driving through Texarkana.
The Legend of Boggy Creek (film) was a marketing hit. Think merchandising and tourism for Texarkana.

http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2014/01...kills-bigfoot/
Old February 24, 2014, 21:34   #176
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39460
Hey, time to rest it, Bigfoot was killed last year just outside San Antonio, Texas ,using wal-mart ribs and secret sauce as bait.You can check your local newspapers for the schedule to see his body. Cost you though.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/hou...ut-5261180.php
Old July 02, 2014, 15:58   #177
def90
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

"Virginia man claims to have taken clear images of Bigfoot"

http://kdvr.com/2014/07/02/virginia-...es-of-bigfoot/

Old July 02, 2014, 19:09   #178
Snakeshot
Registered

FALaholic #: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by def90 View Post
"Virginia man claims to have taken clear images of Bigfoot"
Looks like somebody struggling with his rain poncho.

That said, I am somewhat less of a disbeliever than I used to be, based on personal experience where I live.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
Frederic Bastiat
Snakeshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 03, 2014, 07:00   #179
Registered

so that's the sumbitch that shot me ...
Old July 03, 2014, 11:10   #180
Col. Bat Guano
Deviated Prevert
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 39349
Judging by the tone of the narrative in this video, I am of the opinion that if these dumb bastards had actually killed the Bigfoot, they would have breaded and fried the critter with nary a trace left over for forensic investigation. But they'd still have these awesome photos from Daddy's "call" phone.
Col. Bat Guano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 04, 2014, 08:45   #181
def90
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Bat Guano View Post
Judging by the tone of the narrative in this video, I am of the opinion that if these dumb bastards had actually killed the Bigfoot, they would have breaded and fried the critter with nary a trace left over for forensic investigation. But they'd still have these awesome photos from Daddy's "call" phone.

lol.. I was laughing about the "call" phone myself.. thinking of using that term from now on.
Old August 11, 2014, 21:36   #182
Story
Registered

Quote:
TAHOE CITY, Calif. A man has captured the images of what he believes could be a Bigfoot creature. YouTube user Couch Potato says he and his friends were skateboarding in Lake Tahoe, equipped with high definition head-mounted cameras, when they recorded the alleged cryptid. He also claims that he didnt notice anything strange about the video until days later.
http://cryptozoologynews.com/skater-...bigfoot-video/
Old September 03, 2014, 02:45   #183
Story
Registered

Vicksburg, MS
http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/weird...burg/14925261/