Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The 22 Files

Notices

Old November 02, 2018, 20:35   #1
308/223shooter
FALAholic enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Ruger Old Model Single Six .22 issues.

So, I traded for a old model .22 single six. The transfer bar update has been done, but the bar catches the head of the firing pin, which won't allow you to cock the hammer unless you point the muzzle strait up. So, since I hate the feel of the updated action, I decided to install the original parts, which were included with the deal. However, once I did, it wouldn't fire. It now feels like a three screw Ruger should, but the firing pin won't strike the primer. Any ideas?
Aside from that, everything else appears normal.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 02, 2018, 22:40   #2
308/223shooter
FALAholic enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Got it figured out.
The top of the hammer is impacting the rear sight base. Anyone run into this? It would appear I've ended up with a parts gun perhaps?

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Last edited by 308/223shooter; November 02, 2018 at 23:24.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 03, 2018, 09:04   #3
MAINER
Old Salt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 18465
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
Got it figured out.
The top of the hammer is impacting the rear sight base. Anyone run into this? It would appear I've ended up with a parts gun perhaps?
Can't say I've had that problem. There is not a lot of clearance between the two parts, but one of them is out of spec and I'd guess the Hammer, unless the Frame is milled a bit too deep.

Seems odd that you would have this problem if those are indeed the original parts.

You were fortunate to get the original parts as most Ruger parts are lost after being converted.
There is a converted Three-Screw .357 in a LGS that would have found itself a new home with me had the old parts been with it.