Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Police Issues

Notices

Old August 11, 2018, 11:18   #51
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post
Plenty of Glocks win Production or Limited Division. Some of the best shooters in the world use them including Dave Sevigny, Taran Butler, Shane Coley and many others. Open division is a whole nuther ball of wax and having shot it for over a decade, a Glock is certainly not the best choice for it. Hard to compete against 1911's with true 'hair triggers' of about 2.5 lbs firing .38 Super Comp shells and that cost over $5,000 a piece.

If a Glock user gets in a self defense shooting, they have the perfect response when asked why they use the gun they do: its what the local coppers use... Unfortunately, you're so ignorant about firearms, you shouldn't be trusted with one.
Ya I know they set up glock matches so glock shooters can win, it makes them feel good. Kinda like giving a trophy just for being there. Glocks are for the simple minded and it's no doubt you carry one and wear slip on shoes because you can't tie laces anymore. Them big heavy 1911s are just too much for you.

Sorry you can't afford a real gun but it's just the way it is for you cheap guys.

See how easy it is to throw insults back, is that the adult way to have a conversation? Personally I can be trusted with a gun just as much as you are trusted with a badge, have you honored that trust every day?

Edited to add, a ccw for 45 years and now a smart guy like you comes along to say I can't be trusted. So does that badge give you the right to be a rectom?

Last edited by Bawana jim; August 11, 2018 at 11:44.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2018, 09:49   #52
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post
Glock designed a pistol to be a highly effective killing machine without all the BS imposed upon John Moses Browning by politicians and military people who never saw a safety device they didn't want three of.

Glock is the pistol John Moses Browning WISHED he could have made in 1910!

17 rounds vs 7, lighter and longer lasting in harsh conditions.
Browning would have been all over this like a 16 yr old boy with a pocket full of cash @ the Moonlight Bunny Ranch!

sorry but I have to step up and whiz on your (and others) corn flakes here ........

John Moses Browning was constrained by the limited technology of his day

he was working on the High Power at the time of his death and it only was finished due to the diligence of his assistant following the way JMB did things

Gaston Glock owes everything to the pure genius of John Moses Browning, without JMB paving the way Glock and many others would never have had the inspiration to create their work

we have the luxury of hindsight and history to show us how this came to be

it really does not matter what the design of your handgun ........

the real fact is that "you must keep your booger hook off the bang switch"
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2018, 10:25   #53
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKodog View Post
sorry but I have to step up and whiz on your (and others) corn flakes here ........

John Moses Browning was constrained by the limited technology of his day

he was working on the High Power at the time of his death and it only was finished due to the diligence of his assistant following the way JMB did things

Gaston Glock owes everything to the pure genius of John Moses Browning, without JMB paving the way Glock and many others would never have had the inspiration to create their work

we have the luxury of hindsight and history to show us how this came to be

it really does not matter what the design of your handgun ........

the real fact is that "you must keep your booger hook off the bang switch"
Browning was a master, he would always try to improve his work and make something better. The glock people settle for "good enough". It runs well and goes bang so it's good enough. It will never have class and will never look good but like a toilet plunger it works and that's good enough.
Old August 12, 2018, 11:39   #54
moonbat60
Registered

FALaholic #: 17000
Quote:
Glock designed a pistol to be a highly effective killing machine without all the BS imposed upon John Moses Browning by politicians and military people who never saw a safety device they didn't want three of.

Glock is the pistol John Moses Browning WISHED he could have made in 1910!

17 rounds vs 7, lighter and longer lasting in harsh conditions.
Browning would have been all over this like a 16 yr old boy with a pocket full of cash @ the Moonlight Bunny Ranch!
No way. In 9mm, the Browning HiPower is a better pistol.
moonbat60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2018, 11:44   #55
moonbat60
Registered

Springfield XD with a beavertail grip safety is a Glock done RIGHT.
Old August 12, 2018, 11:46   #56
moonbat60
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawana jim View Post
Browning was a master, he would always try to improve his work and make something better. The glock people settle for "good enough". It runs well and goes bang so it's good enough. It will never have class and will never look good but like a toilet plunger it works and that's good enough.
Well said. I could not agree more.
Old August 12, 2018, 11:49   #57
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbat60 View Post
No way. In 9mm, the Browning HiPower is a better pistol.
No matter what you do to a Glock it's lipstick on a pig but there is nothing wrong with pork. You can't make a Glock look good like a highly engraved high power and you can never give it a fine 1911 trigger but for the masses the Glock is good enough. It's the domestic swill of handguns with no class but it gets its job done.
Old August 12, 2018, 11:51   #58
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
don't agree with me now because the smartest guy in the room says I can't even be trusted with a gun.
Old August 12, 2018, 13:32   #59
Right Side Up
Old Fart
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 43
Quote:
If Jim says something witty you can bet it was copied and pasted from elsewhere.

Last edited by Right Side Up; August 12, 2018 at 13:38.
Right Side Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2018, 14:04   #60
moonbat60
Registered

Quote:
don't agree with me now because the smartest guy in the room says I can't even be trusted with a gun.
Jim, I donít give a ratís a$$ what the smartest guy in the room says.

If I think that I am going to agree with you, then I am going to. Thatís it.
Old August 12, 2018, 14:09   #61
moonbat60
Registered

Quote:
No matter what you do to a Glock it's lipstick on a pig but there is nothing wrong with pork. You can't make a Glock look good like a highly engraved high power and you can never give it a fine 1911 trigger but for the masses the Glock is good enough. It's the domestic swill of handguns with no class but it gets its job done.
Right. A Glock is a gun for the lemmings.....

It is like an AK47. It always works, but definitely not a sophisticated weapon.
Old August 12, 2018, 15:15   #62
Bawana jim
Registered

Quote:
Right. A Glock is a gun for the lemmings.....

It is like an AK47. It always works, but definitely not a sophisticated weapon.
Very good comparison, wish I had thought of that. Only thing is even the AK can have some looks and style. Glocks are like a door stop. They have no soul.
Old August 21, 2018, 15:17   #63
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Just a one page of search, of "person shoots self while fleeing police".
Most shot in leg.

One shot himself in the nose, while driving.

Most are younger than me and do not have arthritic fingers. Stress and unfamiliarity with the weapon, creates problems.

Glock should actually get an award for "control of perps carrying illegal weapons."

http://www.azfamily.com/story/369849...nto-moving-car
http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/383...n-laurens-road
https://www.ctpost.com/local/article...y-13018314.php
http://www.wbrz.com/news/police-teen...eeing-officer/
https://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2...eing_poli.html
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...lf-in-st-louis

Last edited by V guy; August 23, 2018 at 12:16.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2018, 21:45   #64
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
Quote:
Ya I know they set up glock matches so glock shooters can win, it makes them feel good. Kinda like giving a trophy just for being there. Glocks are for the simple minded and it's no doubt you carry one and wear slip on shoes because you can't tie laces anymore. Them big heavy 1911s are just too much for you.

Sorry you can't afford a real gun but it's just the way it is for you cheap guys.

See how easy it is to throw insults back, is that the adult way to have a conversation? Personally I can be trusted with a gun just as much as you are trusted with a badge, have you honored that trust every day?

Edited to add, a ccw for 45 years and now a smart guy like you comes along to say I can't be trusted. So does that badge give you the right to be a rectom?
The guys shooting Glocks aren't just shooting in Glock comps dude; they are competing against guys shooting everything under the sun including 1911's, SIG's, Springfield's and anything else that qualifies for Production class in USPSA matches. They win there too. USPSA had to give the old and bold 1911 its own class called Single Stack to make it feel relevant in the 21st century; I'm guessing you would accuse the guys who win in that class of getting "participation trophies?"

I gotta stop beating up on you though, its like picking on the short bus kids and that ain't no fun... nah, on second thoughts, lemme educate you some more cuz I don't carry a Glock, haven't for quite awhile.

I'm currently carrying this bad boy, my 50th birthday present to myself. As it sits, with the red dot, custom porting job, red dot slide cuts, the light, holster, spare mags and other bits and pieces, I've got about $1500 into it. Hardly cheap.

However, as you can see, I can drive it pretty good for an older guy. That was the Vickers drill; 10 rounds, 10 yards in 10 seconds. I did this one in 9.02 seconds though. I'm pissed I pushed one out of the X ring. If you can shoot as good, post it up and I'll send you some beer tokens...

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

ďThe American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2018, 22:31   #65
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gman View Post

I'm currently carrying this bad boy, my 50th birthday present to myself. As it sits, with the red dot, custom porting job, red dot slide cuts, the light, holster, spare mags and other bits and pieces, I've got about $1500 into it. Hardly cheap.

However, as you can see, I can drive it pretty good for an older guy. That was the Vickers drill; 10 rounds, 10 yards in 10 seconds. I did this one in 9.02 seconds though. I'm pissed I pushed one out of the X ring. If you can shoot as good, post it up and I'll send you some beer tokens...

Nice!
Who built it?
Not familiar at all with the M&P.
Got revolvers, Smiths, all nice one and all, and a Shield that both shoots and goes well in my note book.

It ain't the firearms they are wanting to be rid of, its you!
yellowhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2018, 00:16   #66
the gman
Registered

FALaholic #: 5179
Quote:
Nice!
Who built it?
Not familiar at all with the M&P.
Got revolvers, Smiths, all nice one and all, and a Shield that both shoots and goes well in my note book.
I'm an M&P Armorer so I contracted the machining of the ports to Weapons Armament Research in TX:

https://www.weaponsarmamentresearch....ts/afterburner

Then Fire 4 Effect in El Paso TX machined the slide for the red dot:
http://www.fire-4-effect.com/

I assembled everything but other than an extended mag button, a full length guide rod and a 15# recoil spring, its completely stock. Trigger is really nice from the factory and I'm only waiting on a custom tall tritium front sight from Dawson Precision to come in to complete it. I really, really like this gun and it is deadly frigging accurate.

Even though I'm a dealer, I couldn't buy the base gun for less than I got it from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore. Right now there is a $50 VISA gift card rebate on them making the effective price a measly $379 which is an absolute STEAL. If I hadn't promised the wife hardwood floors for an anniversary present, I'd buy another...

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/188829

God is on the side, not of the big battalions, but of the best shots- Voltaire

ďThe American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
the gman is online now   Reply With Quote