The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The L1A1, inch-pattern, and Indian Files

Notices

Old November 16, 2012, 07:49   #1
greenman227
Registered

FALaholic #: 67804
New to Forum

Well I did it. My FFL put my first L1A1 in my hands some months ago, love at first fondle. I confess to spending time lurking here, especially threads dealing with the SUIT. My thanks to everyone who posted particularly Mark on the subject. I put together all the info and figured if folks much smarter than I could screw things up, why not take the chance?

My unit didn't focus worth beans and was filthy. So I took it apart, nothing broken! Got it back together without damage.

What I found when winding down the front lens is that my focus at 375 yds. was approx. 3 1/2 threads were showing. The lens had been wound down all the way previously. At least for this unit I can count those lands and get and get a sharp focus at a known distance. The depth of field is over 100 yds! In any event it's a english unit with the figure 8 spring. BTW if anyone did start producing them I'd like to have a couple....

What I have is a Enterprise rec. with a 1700 serial number and I believe it's a british parts kit, plastic furniture. I took several pictures and I will post them as I'm able, I'd be interested in feedback about it.

Then I sinned, took out my rattle cans and painted the mother in the same maple leaf woodland I've done all my rifles in. I'll post those too.

So greetings and thanks to all those here, it's great to have a place to go to get info on these awesome arms. I am in need of seven inch mags, but I can't do anything about those until after the holidays. A buddy is letting me use a boresighter, I downloaded the sight setup page for 15 meters, gonna be fun, ammo.net order arrived yesterday.

Keep your powder dry,

greenman227

greenman227 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2012, 08:59   #2
Stormhawk
Registered

FALaholic #: 66912
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your Brit rifle and SUIT sight.
Let us know what kind of accuracy you can squeeze out of that thing.
Stormhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2012, 09:04   #3
NEWFNL1A1
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 43401
Welcome! You rifle sounds great! Can't wait to see pics!
"Hell, Jack...the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester" - Sheriff Hank Pearson, Extreme Prejudice - (1987)
NEWFNL1A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2012, 09:23   #4
mpnv
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64169
Welcome to the board!
mpnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2012, 09:45   #5
SteelonSteel
Veteran Member
Contributor

FALaholic #: 18603
Welcome aboard!

You can read interesting FAL stuff til you get bleary eyed here. Good bunch for answering Q's too!
SteelonSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2012, 09:49   #6
Hot-fal
Registered

FALaholic #: 67571
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelonSteel View Post
Welcome aboard!

You can read interesting FAL stuff til you get bleary eyed here. Good bunch for answering Q's too!
Good to see another inch weapon..Looking forward to a photo of your Bolt? Err...of course the entire rifle. I too like the rattle can approach..
Hot-fal is offline   Reply With Quote