The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old April 16, 2018, 06:02   #1
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
The Left has offically gone over the edge: Self Immolation over Global Warming

Wow, I think we are headed into crazier times. People are killing themselves to protest Global Warming:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/15...l-warming.html

David Buckel, prominent gay rights lawyer, burns himself to death in New York to protest global warming

A “green” activist who was a pioneering lawyer for gay and transgender rights — including in the notorious “Boys Don’t Cry” rape murder case — committed suicide by setting himself on fire Saturday morning in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park in a grisly act of protest against the ecological destruction of the Earth.

David Buckel, 60, left behind a charred corpse and a typed suicide note that said he was burning himself to death using “fossil fuel” to reflect how mankind was likewise killing itself, police sources said.

He left the note in a manila envelope marked “To The Police,” recovered from inside a black metal pushcart he discarded at the scene.

“Most humans on the planet now breathe air made unhealthy by fossil fuels, and many die early deaths as a result,” Buckel wrote in his note, which he also sent to the New York Times.

“My early death by fossil fuel reflects what we are doing to ourselves.”

He added, “Honorable purpose in life invites honorable purpose in death.”

Passers-by were horrified to see Buckel’s burned remains.

“It was just lying there, on its back, knees slightly bent like someone would lie on the sand at the beach,” said Irena Ryjova, 44, a rollerblader who passed by at about 7 a.m., less than an hour after the immolation.

“It’s a shock; it’s a shame,” said mom Dana Lall as she shepherded a crowd of Catholic-school kids past the horrific scene, en route to a baseball game.

As a senior attorney with Lambda Legal defense, Buckel was a lead lawyer in a 2000 lawsuit on behalf of transgender “Boys Don’t Cry” rape-murder victim Brandon Teena, helping the family recover additional damages from neglectful Nebraska law enforcement.

The 1999 movie earned Hilary Swank an Oscar for her portrayal of Teena.

“It’s a very important case, not only within Nebraska but nationally,” Buckel had told the Daily Nebraskan newspaper in 2001, *after helping win an $80,000 judgment.
Old April 16, 2018, 06:57   #2
Gary Harwell
Becoming Embittered
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 39460
and yet he used fossil fuel to accomplish his protest, wonder if it will be lost on the left...
Gary Harwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 07:58   #3
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Another successful progressive suicide attack. Need to put some effort into figuring out a way to prevent less of these from happening.
Old April 16, 2018, 08:55   #4
base704
Vampire Pilot
Contributor

FALaholic #: 14321
pics!

He did it so people would see!
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand, "The Nature of Government"
base704 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 09:00   #5
Nick H.
Registered

FALaholic #: 9591
I would encourage the global warming protesters to boycott anything that utilizes fossil fuels in any way. This includes:

1. All plastics, including cell phones, shoes, insulated wire, etc.

2. Any food produced or transported with fossil fuels.

3. Electricity unless it is produced by wind, hydro or solar in which the construction of the generators didn't utilize fossil fuels in any way and no plastic insulation on the wires associated with the use of this electricity.

4. No steel, copper or even wood if the production of the material utilized fossil fuels in any way. (For example, no gasoline power saws for cutting down the trees used to build the house you live in)

5. Do not use public roads made with asphalt or constructed with machines powered by fossil fuels.

The list goes on and extends to virtually everything we need to live. I recognize that fossil fuel has its problems, but our industrialized society hinges on fossil fuels. At this time, I don't think we know how to eliminate their use without reverting to the stone age.
Old April 16, 2018, 09:45   #6
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by base704 View Post

He did it so people would see!

Warning: this punchline has a five (5) second delayed impact fuze. Swallow your coffee now.
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 10:06   #7
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 46494
Very bad decision---As the fire enveloped his body the noise was deafening and the pain felt like a thousand knives carving at his body as the nerve endings scream in agony. Asphyxiation sets in but before the end comes David Buchel realizes the terrible mistake he has just made as all his sins flash before him and he knows he is lost for eternity in a never ending fire. David Buchel knows now that their is no "Honorable Purpose" in Hell.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 10:24   #8
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
How can we get the rest of 'em to do it?
Old April 16, 2018, 10:24   #9
Story
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Very bad decision---As the fire enveloped his body the noise was deafening and the pain felt like a thousand knives carving at his body as the nerve endings scream in agony. Asphyxiation sets in but before the end comes David Buchel realizes the terrible mistake he has just made as all his sins flash before him and he knows he is lost for eternity in a never ending fire. David Buchel knows now that their is no "Honorable Purpose" in Hell.
For him, it's just the beginning.

Old April 16, 2018, 10:25   #10
gentlemanjoe
Registered

FALaholic #: 77676
LGBT said it all for me. Mental illness and the Debel...
gentlemanjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 12:02   #11
Col. Bat Guano
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 39349
And in his last act, he contributed to global warming by turning himself into a crispy critter. Liberal logic on display.
Old April 16, 2018, 12:06   #12
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Good news comes in 3's, sometimes.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 13:07   #13
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 46494
From my experience, death by fire is a painfull way to go. I was 30 years old in 1983 when I was manning the nozzle on the back a water truck, fighting a brush fire, when the wind shifted towards the truck and the driver gassed it to get out of it's way. I couldn't hang on and knew I was going into the fire that was burning 15-20 feet high and about 30 feet across. I held my breath as I was thrown into the fire, covered my face with my hands and hit the ground running, knowing that if I fell I wouldn't survive. The noise was like a jet engine and the heat beyond anything I had experienced in military fire training. When I made it out of the fire my pants were on fire and fell to the ground rolling to put it out. My hair was singed off not covered by my hat and my ears and hands were burnt. I went weak from the adrenalin rush and couldn't stand up for almost a half hour. It's something a person never forgets and I can tell you that death by fire is not the way to go.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 14:33   #14
d_s
Registered

FALaholic #: 5575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Bat Guano View Post
And in his last act, he contributed to global warming by turning himself into a crispy critter. Liberal logic on display.
Yeah but think of all the hot air and methane from his continued BULLSHIT he saved us all from, now if only the rest of his progressive allies would do the same, we'd be making some progress towards a better world
d_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 14:42   #15
BiGB808
Registered

FALaholic #: 18195
Did Al Gore-leoni send in some carbon credits?
Old April 16, 2018, 15:12   #16
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
If he was really dedicated, he would have used solar or wind power to kill himself.

Its unfortunate that propaganda drive him to insanity.

1 down, 100 million to go.

To bad for his family, though. They may or may not have agreed with his crazy agenda but they probably didn't deserve to see him go like this.
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 16:46   #17
base704
Vampire Pilot
Contributor

FALaholic #: 14321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post

Warning: this punchline has a five (5) second delayed impact fuze. Swallow your coffee now.
I don't really want to see it.
I'm not really into death.
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand, "The Nature of Government"
base704 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 17:02   #18
nmcollektor
Registered

FALaholic #: 61864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
If he was really dedicated, he would have used solar or wind power to kill himself.

Its unfortunate that propaganda drive him to insanity.

1 down, 100 million to go.

To bad for his family, though. They may or may not have agreed with his crazy agenda but they probably didn't deserve to see him go like this.
Nor did the unfortunate tourists venturing into Central Park for the first time. Yikes.
nmcollektor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018, 18:26   #19
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Good. he won’t be collecting social security, I call dibs on what he’s paid in

What’s the old good news/bad news joke? Good news bus load of attorneys went over a bridge and all drowned. Bad news was the back seat was empty

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.

Last edited by meltblown; April 16, 2018 at 18:33.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2018, 00:35   #20
Imbel '02
Registered

FALaholic #: 27003
That there is a real special kind of sick!!!
Old April 17, 2018, 09:37   #21
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 66564
Self destruction specially of this nature is a sure sign of severe mental illness. With the resources available I am surprised he did not or people that knew him raise a red fag, er I mean red flag.
The human mind is a fragile thing and somewhere along in his life his was badly damaged. I am glad he did not hurt anyone else in his suicide like most crazy bastards do these days.
Seriously though what exactly do the sexually confused want from society?

Matthew 25:1 thru 25:10 Be ready!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.
Sagerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2018, 10:30   #22
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
He was gay, a sodomite lawyer, dead set against the constitution, a communist, and a greenie.

He was a suicide to boot, and disdained Gods' law against it.
He hated you, really hated you.

Weep not for him; he is in Gods' able hands for "re-training".
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2018, 11:27   #23
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post

i saw what you did there...faggot is an olde english term for bundle of sticks.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2018, 20:00   #24
Story
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by base704 View Post
I don't really want to see it.
I'm not really into death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
i saw what you did there...faggot is an olde english term for bundle of sticks.