Go Back   The FAL Files > FALaholics Anonymous > FAL Groups > Oregon

Notices

Old May 08, 2019, 16:09   #1
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
June 20-21-22 Attendance thread

Please post only if you ARE planning to attend.

Tankyuveddymush.

Will update as needed.

.................................................. ...........................

19 +/-

snowhawk jockey and jr. ( 2 )

nickmil ( 1 )

tdb59 ( 1 )

4x401 ( 1+ ? )

otis61 ( 1+ ? )

Herkamer ( 1 )

Boyle ( 1 )

Tailback ( 1? ) https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...7#.XNrbocvn_Dc

brunop clan ( between 4 and 9 )

MilsurpMonkey ( 2 )

Elkaholic ( 1 )

totenkopf ( 2 )

kwthor ( 1 )

Last edited by tdb59; June 17, 2019 at 19:25. Reason: True redo of who's who in the zoo....
tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2019, 16:15   #2
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
At least myself....

"Put your thumb up, hit the bolt release, and quit phuking with God and Eugene"
4x401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2019, 16:33   #3
otis61
Registered

FALaholic #: 26667
I'll be there. Maybe more, not sure.
Old May 09, 2019, 19:40   #4
Herkamer
Registered

FALaholic #: 79467
I am planning on making it this year, don't know about Andrew for sure but he really wants to make it too.
Herkamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019, 16:42   #5
Boyle
Registered

FALaholic #: 78385
I plan on being there, Might have 1 tag along but he probably wouldn't be there till either late Friday night of Saturday morning.
Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019, 22:25   #6
Tailback
Registered

FALaholic #: 26070
I'll be there. Except if it's going to snow again. Asthma, allergies, sleeping in a tent during snow are not good together.
Old May 11, 2019, 04:21   #7
Tuscan Raider
Registered

FALaholic #: 19668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailback View Post
I'll be there. Except if it's going to snow again. Asthma, allergies, sleeping in a tent during snow are not good together.
You qualify for a bubble, boy.

See you soon.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Tuscan Raider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 02:23   #8
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
I'll be there. I'm bringing Greg, Jonathan, and Sophia. Natalie is driving herself from Utah to arrive Friday evening.

Total of 5.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2019, 02:25   #9
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

If there's no sportsnut, TR, or tailback, it won't be the same. Hope you guys (and everyone else that usually comes) can make this thing.

Hope to see you soon.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
Old May 14, 2019, 13:50   #10
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
In
Old May 15, 2019, 01:42   #11
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Hey!! That ^ is great news!
Old May 16, 2019, 14:12   #12
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

While I've done a decent job of showing up before dinner on Thursday nights the last couple of times (if I remember correctly...), I'm not going to make it until Friday morning this year.

Evelyn (daughter Number Two) has turned in her mission paperwork to the church, and has been called to serve in Mexico. She reports to Mexico City Missionary Training Center on 23 July of this year, and will be serving in Merida (jungle part of the Yucatan peninsula - 40% native Mayan language speakers...).

Anyway, it's her birthday on June 20th (Thursday of the shoot...), and it may be her last birthday at home. I'm gonna be there for whatever is happening. Jonathan and I will pack the Family Truckster Thursday, and we'll leave by 5:30AM Friday. Plan is to be in camp to throw steel out for the handgun events by 8:30AM Friday morning.
Old May 16, 2019, 14:18   #13
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
While I had intended to make this one, current financial restrictions negate making the trip. Jeff, we'll be praying for Evelyns' training and missions trip, hope she has a wonderful experience.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
308/223shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 16:56   #14
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Rich - I'm really sorry you're not making it this year!

Thanks a bunch. Evelyn is a sweet girl and a hard worker; I'm positive it will be a win for her and for the people she is serving.

Hope to see you at the fall Washington shoot.
Old May 16, 2019, 21:36   #15
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
Rich - I'm really sorry you're not making it this year!

Thanks a bunch. Evelyn is a sweet girl and a hard worker; I'm positive it will be a win for her and for the people she is serving.

Hope to see you at the fall Washington shoot.
May not be making that one either. Will have to wait and see how this year plays out for me. Hope you all have a grand time of it.

The biggest problem with religion is those who claim to know Jesus, then turn around and deny Him with their lifestyle. That is what a unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.

Before you die, you should have a will with extra copies. The old saying "No one will screw you faster than family" is bloody well true.

Women are dangerous. All warm, soft and cuddly on the outside, and berserker, Ragnarok crazy upstairs in the control room.
Old May 26, 2019, 00:48   #16
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Terry -

Still going to make it by 0800 for the Shooter Safety Meeting Friday morning. Gonna run the timer at the Cowboy Challenge (or whatever that first handgun thing is called...).

Natalie isn't driving out from Utah any more, due to the questionable state of the Red Durango (378K miles...). She's flying into Redmond at noon Friday, and she's staying with us at the FAL Shoot.

But either myself and / or Jonathan is going to go get her. We're working on what that actually looks like, so i may not be helping with whatever else I meant to help with during that 2+ hour drive time.
Old May 28, 2019, 20:41   #17
Elkaholic
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34966
Work finely approved the Friday off. I'll be there
Elkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 02, 2019, 20:14   #18
MountainBear
Registered

FALaholic #: 21087
I don’t think I’ll be there all weekend, but I’ll be there off and on to do some shooting.
MountainBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 02, 2019, 20:59   #19
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
I've been contemplating heading down early on Saturday morning and getting there noonish just to schmooze with some of you guys I haven't seen since 2016.
I can sleep in SuperFord and head back the next day... If work allows it.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 03, 2019, 18:03   #20
Boyle
Registered

FALaholic #: 78385
Just a small attendance change, it will only be me, the other person can't get the day off.
Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 03, 2019, 18:26   #21
Tuscan Raider
Registered

Dang. Just, dang.

14 year streak gone.

Ghandi

"We, here in America, hold in our hands the hopes of the world, the fate of the coming years; and shame and disgrace will be ours if in our eyes the light of high resolve is dimmed, if we trail in the dust the golden hopes of men."

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Old June 04, 2019, 00:37   #22
totenkopf
Registered

FALaholic #: 28935
Jackson and I will be there. Looking forward to this. Thanks.
totenkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 04, 2019, 10:29   #23
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by totenkopf View Post
AWESOME!

Old June 05, 2019, 19:18   #24
snowhawk jockey
Registered

FALaholic #: 14239
Quote:
Myself and Hawk Jr be stoked!! Glad you both could make the time.
Old June 05, 2019, 23:57   #25
kwthor
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 49571
I gots a new pair of glasses !

I'm coming and will see if they are any help. If not then just to hang out.
Old June 06, 2019, 00:12   #26
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwthor View Post

Excellent !

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 06, 2019, 04:06   #27
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Super good. Stoked you all could make it.
Old June 06, 2019, 04:07   #28
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:

We were just talking about you. And - surprise, surprise, it was damned-near all good stuff.

Glad you can make it, Ken.
Old June 06, 2019, 11:32   #29
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:

Thats great news Ken!
Been awhile since we've seen ya!

Old June 07, 2019, 08:02   #30
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3817
I haven't posted I'll be there yet, but have an appointment on June 18th with the surgeon to schedule the next surgery on my total knee replacement surgery. Unless he demands I have the surgery ASAP it can wait till after the FAL shoot.
What's another couple weeks of hell anyway...

Ron W.
sportsnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 08, 2019, 23:06   #31
snowhawk jockey
Registered

It'll be worth the distraction, Ron! Look at it this way, take another item out to the truck, every day and you will be all packed up, 'cept for rifles, by the big weekend...
Old June 09, 2019, 16:33   #32
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v71 View Post
I've been contemplating heading down early on Saturday morning and getting there noonish just to schmooze with some of you guys I haven't seen since 2016.
I can sleep in SuperFord and head back the next day... If work allows it.
As much as I really wanted to do this, I have some unexpected financial squeezes that aren't going to allow it. Maybe next time.

Oh hey. We do have the upcoming Fall shoot in Washington. (Shameless Plug)

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 09, 2019, 18:10   #33
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v71 View Post
As much as I really wanted to do this, I have some unexpected financial squeezes that aren't going to allow it. Maybe next time.

Oh hey. We do have the upcoming Fall shoot in Washington. (Shameless Plug)
Man I'm bummed Rob!

You're going to miss out on the midight run to the observatory....I was even going to let Robin or Dave drive...

Old June 09, 2019, 20:26   #34
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x401 View Post
Man I'm bummed Rob!

You're going to miss out on the midight run to the observatory....I was even going to let Robin or Dave drive...
You my friend, are a very brave man Wish i could be there for the thrill of it all

Old June 09, 2019, 21:30   #35
Tuscan Raider
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308/223shooter View Post
You my friend, are a very brave man Wish i could be there for the thrill of it all
You don’t want 4x401 driving at midnight.

Trust me.

Ghandi

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Old June 09, 2019, 22:09   #36
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan Raider View Post
You don’t want 4x401 driving at midnight.

Trust me.
Not for the faint of heart for sure...was surprised I didn't find any chit on my seats. Y'all must've been wear'in diapers.

Old June 09, 2019, 23:25   #37
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Old June 09, 2019, 23:28   #38
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

I'm bringing more people:

me
Natalie
Jonathan
Meredith
Sophia

That's 4/5ths of the kids, so not bad...

Greg (dad)
Justin Dodge

My buddy Jesse is out. Dad's not doing well, so he's going to the Right Coast. My other buddy, Brandon, is most likely out, but he's trying to make it.

We're a total of 7 now.
Old June 10, 2019, 02:51   #39
Tuscan Raider
Registered

Quote:
Not for the faint of heart for sure...was surprised I didn't find any chit on my seats. Y'all must've been wear'in diapers.
Only problem was a wet crotch from you spilling
my drink with your damn near the ditch driving.

Ghandi

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Old June 10, 2019, 11:30   #40
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan Raider View Post
Only problem was a wet crotch from you spilling
my drink with your damn near the ditch driving.

Well,,,

I'm pretty sure the wet crotch was just excitement, and I needed the camber provided by the ditch to drift corners...

Old June 10, 2019, 21:35   #41
308/223shooter
FALaholic Enabler
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Well,,,

I'm pretty sure the wet crotch was just excitement, and I needed the camber provided by the ditch to drift corners...
Now THAT'S funny.

Old June 13, 2019, 01:35   #42
PSLjunkie
Registered

FALaholic #: 82507
Some Day I'm going to make it back to one of these shoots. It's not going to be this year though currently recovering from back surgery 3 weeks ago. Sure do miss shooting with all you guys and hanging around the fire and passing around a bottle or 2. Good times for sure!!!
PSLjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2019, 09:14   #43
Tuscan Raider
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSLjunkie View Post
Some Day I'm going to make it back to one of these shoots. It's not going to be this year though currently recovering from back surgery 3 weeks ago. Sure do miss shooting with all you guys and hanging around the fire and passing around a bottle or 2. Good times for sure!!!
You have been missed.

Take care.

Ghandi

Theodore Roosevelt
Address at Carnegie Hall
March 30, 1912
Old June 13, 2019, 10:09   #44
4x401
Giver of Noogies...
Silver Contributor

Quote:
You've been missed Darren. Prayers your way for a good recovery and hopes you can return to the fold soon.

Old June 13, 2019, 10:38   #45
sportsnut
Curio & Relic
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3817
Good luck on your back surgery recovery. My second back surgery is going on 5 years and doing good so far..

Ron W.
sportsnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2019, 12:35   #46
snowhawk jockey
Registered

Quote:
Sir!
Great to hear from you. Hope the best for your recovery. I keep a few boxes of x54R on hand, just in case the PSL makes it out to camp again. I always wanted to run that one...
Old June 15, 2019, 11:27   #47
Herkamer
Registered

FALaholic #: 79467
I am planning on getting to the site on Wednesday afternoon, I will be bringing food for myself and some extra too. Bummer my son can't make it, he is at the Quigley Shoot and, AND, he ordered a Sharps .45/100!

A big THANKS to you guys who do all the planning and prep, looks like the weather will cooperate, should be a really good time!
Herkamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2019, 23:43   #48
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Good luck, Junkie! We've definitely been missing you.
Old June 16, 2019, 23:44   #49
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Platinum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunop View Post
I'm bringing more people:

me
Natalie
Jonathan
Meredith
Sophia

That's 4/5ths of the kids, so not bad...

Greg (dad)
Justin Dodge

My buddy Jesse is out. Dad's not doing well, so he's going to the Right Coast. My other buddy, Brandon, is most likely out, but he's trying to make it.

We're a total of 7 now.
Greg has to work - no rest for the wicked. We're down to 6.
Old June 17, 2019, 19:05   #50
MilsurpMonkey
Red-headed Step Child
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 75965
+1, we’ll be arriving Friday morning around 8