Notices

Old June 06, 2019, 19:03   #51
raubvogel
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64403
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp2112 View Post
Most likely CETME didnt want to run into any patent issues with HK and had to change some dimensions. I did run across this on a different forum:

Not me personally, but back in February 2015 I was provided bolt gap measurements from 12 CETME L service rifles.
The info I am posting is what was sent to me, just as received:

the bolt gap on 12 samples are-

So I'm not feeling good at under .002, they have the rifle back now and I put a note in there to please double check the bolt group since I am not comfortable with the small gap. We'll see what happens..
I think I know the site, who asked, and whose answer is this.
raubvogel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 06, 2019, 19:38   #52
ServiceRifle
Registered

FALaholic #: 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
Why would CETME be concerned with patent issues when they developed the system themselves and used in in the C rifle long before the Germans built the G3? The L rollers are a divergence from their very own system.

Completely agree.They developed the rifle - created the rollers - HK refined everything and kept the rollers - then the CETME L people change the rollers. Doesn't make sense.

Its sort of like my bank's (Chase) techies. They had this nice simple on line banking system - graphically useful - then the techies get to work and change everything (making it more visual and less useful) - not once - but twice in the last five years. I guess they did it because they could. They still f..ked it up.
ServiceRifle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 06, 2019, 22:31   #53
kp2112
Registered

FALaholic #: 79763
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
Why would CETME be concerned with patent issues when they developed the system themselves and used in in the C rifle long before the Germans built the G3? The L rollers are a divergence from their very own system.
Just guessing, I have no idea why they would change the rollers. Seems silly to change just to change..
kp2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2019, 17:31   #54
kp2112
Registered

I received mine back today, they only had the rifle two days. Everything is fixed, sights are right on and I asked to double check the bolt group since it was ejecting a little further then they liked to see. Its a little softer shooting now and there and there is a .011 gap. Hard to beat the turnaround time and after a quick 100 rounds all is well, very happy with Marcolmar overall.
Old June 12, 2019, 17:36   #55
ServiceRifle
Registered

Now the big question is how did they fix the bolt gap if there are no plus rollers available.
Old June 12, 2019, 18:05   #56
kp2112
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServiceRifle View Post
Now the big question is how did they fix the bolt gap if there are no plus rollers available.
If you read what Dave typed there are different sized locking pieces and bolt heads to manage the recoil impulse. They arent using bolt gap as the measurement, but they have a jig where they are selecting the proper combination of parts. They are not using bolt gap for a measurement of new or wear.

Most likely they swapped some parts around on mine, the rifle worked OK before and I didnt see anything really getting beat up inside. Good chance it would have been fine the way it was for a long time, just like many HK rifles you read about with little to no bolt gap running for thousands of rounds. I havent cleaned it yet so will see if it looks like any parts were changed. But to be honest they were all used parts before so I probably wouldnt be able to tell if they changed a locking piece or bolt head.

Either way, whether I really needed the gap or not I feel better with having some.
Old June 12, 2019, 18:16   #57
ServiceRifle
Registered

I suspect you're right about switching out other bolt heads until they found a combo that worked. Anyway - glad you have a decent bolt gap now.
Old June 13, 2019, 09:40   #58
Conelrad
Registered

FALaholic #: 76462
From HK...

You suck and we hate you.

From CETME:

Chupas y te odiamos.

Next question.

DG
Old June 17, 2019, 12:49   #59
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
Just picked mine up. Nice little rifle. Quick magazine check, obviously OKAY worked, Lancers work, IWI tight (no drop free) but work, Adventure line no go. Later today I'll check some others.
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 17, 2019, 12:55   #60
ServiceRifle
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
Just picked mine up. Nice little rifle. Quick magazine check, obviously OKAY worked, Lancers work, IWI tight (no drop free) but work, Adventure line no go. Later today I'll check some others.
Check your BOLT gap before you start shooting. Then check your bolt gap after you're done. This will give you a good idea as to your starting point.