The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > Marketplace

Notices

Old December 04, 2017, 20:27   #1
Orlando8
Registered

FALaholic #: 38748
Must See: Tooele Springfield Garand F/S

If you want to purchase the rifle post "I'll take it " here. The first unconditional "I'll take it" posted here takes precedence over all other PM's or conversations
Located in Ohio
Make sure your FFL will accept shipment from private individual

I need to thin down some of my collection and after alot of thought I have decide to let this one go. Its a decision I hope I dont regret
This rifle is the one that started my love of 1960's Garand rebuilds,was a mail order Field Grade from 2006
The rifle is a R001SAF, USGI Springfield Garand . CMP used to sell their Garands as USGI, Danish or Greek. This is a rifle that was not a returned rifle but one that spent all its time in Army possession.
As I understand the Tooele rebuilt rifles were one of the least or the least number of rebuilt rifles.
Rifle appears to have original 1943 barrel , gas port pads are not chromed, MW-2 TW 3 1/2, well within Army standards, annealed lead dipped heal.
Stock is a birch replacement and has walnut hand guards. Hand guards and stock have some dents but no cracks, pins or repairs
I dont beleive it had been fired much after the rebuild as there was hardly any finish wear to receiver track or bolt lugs before I fired it.. I put a few hundred rds through it and put her away and has been stored ever since
If you collect 1960's rebuilds this would be a great rifle to add to your collection
As you can easily see Field Grades of years ago are much , much nicer than todays. This rifle actually falls within Service Grade description.
No rust or pitting excellent bore, all parts gage well in spec.
$1100 plus shipping/insurance
rifle is listed on other forums

Last edited by Orlando8; December 08, 2017 at 17:45.
Orlando8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 20:28   #2
Orlando8
Registered

Old Today, 06:55   #3
Orlando8
Registered

btt .... for a very collecitble garand