The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old March 13, 2018, 20:29   #1
R_Lloyd
Registered

FALaholic #: 77390
National School Walkout

There is a walkout planned for school kids tomorrow to protest the rights of gun owners. My wife made me aware that the kids in my sons middle school will be allowed to participate in this. This is nothing more than an opportunity to stage a national demonstration whose participants have no idea what they are protesting. I’m sure the news will be there to take video of all the kids who’s reason for protesting is nothing more than skipping class without penalty. This is BS. Talk to your kids about this. There is an online article talking about this on CNN. Google it for details.
R_Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018, 20:32   #2
OLDMANPBK
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 69978
Take your kid shooting tomorrow instead of school.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?"
-Patrick Henry-

Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
OLDMANPBK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018, 20:35   #3
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lloyd View Post
There is a walkout planned for school kids tomorrow to protest the rights of gun owners. My wife made me aware that the kids in my sons middle school will be allowed to participate in this. This is nothing more than an opportunity to stage a national demonstration whose participants have no idea what they are protesting. I’m sure the news will be there to take video of all the kids who’s reason for protesting is nothing more than skipping class without penalty. This is BS. Talk to your kids about this. There is an online article talking about this on CNN. Google it for details.
Yep... Just the lamestream media using kids as pawns over the promise of a free day off. Local school district has informed the kiddies they will be suspended for partaking in this bs.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018, 20:55   #4
SWOHFAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 34346
I hope more parents consider homeschooling.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018, 20:59   #5
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
School is out this week here.
Old March 13, 2018, 21:18   #6
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHFAL View Post
I hope more parents consider homeschooling.
Homeschooling would be great in a perfect world, My ex wife and I both worked but our kids were raised with good conservative values. And I think that letting them go to public schools may have cemented those values even deeper when they realized what a bunch of loser sheeple most kids were.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018, 21:25   #7
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65886
These kids are the only ones the citizen disarmament asshats can swindle anymore. It's their last demographic because they they are least informed.

In 2112 some Minneapolis school brought three buss loads of little black kids to the capital when the big disarmament movement was going on. Third graders maybe. They all had little signs. What the hell does a third grader know about the second amendment or law making? It was a disgusting stunt. Poor kids were scared shitless.
STG_58_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018, 21:31   #8
mutter
Registered

FALaholic #: 22871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
same here
mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018, 21:45   #9
Riversidesports
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by STG_58_guy View Post
These kids are the only ones the citizen disarmament asshats can swindle anymore. It's their last demographic because they they are least informed.

In 2112 some Minneapolis school brought three buss loads of little black kids to the capital when the big disarmament movement was going on. Third graders maybe. They all had little signs. What the hell does a third grader know about the second amendment or law making? It was a disgusting stunt. Poor kids were scared shitless.
Well
Maybe 12 years ago a bunch of babies mommas started an anti smoking crusade in Duluth
See their nappy headed offspring did not want to smell cigarette smoke at bus stops so no smoking allowed within 10 yards of any bus stop
The Nappys were all getting promoted by other groups
a crusade against public smoking, see every block there as at least one bus stop you passed.

My answer was to complain to business about all the stinking butts on the sidewalks
they pressed the City and enforcement ceased but within the shelters

Yeah idiots coo to these crusades of children
Me ?
It's child abuse
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018, 21:58   #10
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Sooo...when is "walkout to protest abortion" day?
Or "transgenderism is bullshit" day?
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018, 22:22   #11
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
School walkout ... you mean like the police walking outside the school when there is killing going on inside?
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018, 22:35   #12
easttex
Registered

FALaholic #: 20438
Where's the walkout for all the kids murdered in Chicago, Baltimore, St Louis, Los Angeles, etc. on a daily basis??

Where's the protest for all the kids who would've been if they hadn't wound up in a medical waste dumpster behind the local Planned Parenthood?

Where's the protest for the young lives shattered by substance abuse and broken homes? Suicides due to bullying?

This is the biggest crock of shit in recent memory. Wake me up when they protest something that matters.

Molon labe
easttex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018, 23:12   #13
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
How much 'Press-time' are we getting over this issue?

Bitching is really only good for one thing . . .
Old March 14, 2018, 04:40   #14
imacoonass01
Registered

FALaholic #: 80275
Quote:
Spring Break in my area also.
imacoonass01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018, 08:01   #15
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
Sooo...when is "walkout to protest abortion" day?
Or "transgenderism is bullshit" day?
Uhmmmm nooooooo......those aren’t on the list of acceptable choices to disrupt
The Government Indoctrination Centers agenda for a day. ( By the way schools out this week nice try Lame Street Medai))

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018, 08:18   #16
MordeanGrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 457
Both of my kids (HS freshman and HS senior) are not participating. Their choice.
MordeanGrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018, 09:36   #17
lockjaw
Piggie Lips
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 64904
My take as a concerned parent...

It seems to me that the far right are just as guilty as the "mainstream left" at keeping the spot light on firearms as the catalyst for school shootings.

Personally, I find it very concerning that my children are not protected in their schools from a lone nutjob or possible terrorist act.

I also don't blame children for being concerned, and I applaud our youth for having a voice in this matter, while taking collective, PEACEFUL action. The walk out coordinated between out local high schools and the administration has been mature... in fact, I am impressed.

I don't see how it would be constructive for pro-gun youth to not join their peers in the walk-outs... again, the primary concern is the protection of our children, and their desire to protect themselves. We have cultivated a culture or US vs. THEM for decades. I see this is an opportunity to encourage our youth the open a dialogue with civility rather than angst.

Of course, I have little doubt that the media will highlight a school somewhere where the demonstrations go sideways, while ignoring the substantial majority that will be peaceful.... and the far right will drink the Kool-Aid just as will the far left, and we will blame each other. Who is the worst media whore?
Old March 14, 2018, 10:22   #18
OLDMANPBK
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

What do your children think needs to be done to make them safer at school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw View Post

It seems to me that the far right are just as guilty as the "mainstream left" at keeping the spot light on firearms as the catalyst for school shootings.

Personally, I find it very concerning that my children are not protected in their schools from a lone nutjob or possible terrorist act.

I also don't blame children for being concerned, and I applaud our youth for having a voice in this matter, while taking collective, PEACEFUL action. The walk out coordinated between out local high schools and the administration has been mature... in fact, I am impressed.

I don't see how it would be constructive for pro-gun youth to not join their peers in the walk-outs... again, the primary concern is the protection of our children, and their desire to protect themselves. We have cultivated a culture or US vs. THEM for decades. I see this is an opportunity to encourage our youth the open a dialogue with civility rather than angst.

Of course, I have little doubt that the media will highlight a school somewhere where the demonstrations go sideways, while ignoring the substantial majority that will be peaceful.... and the far right will drink the Kool-Aid just as will the far left, and we will blame each other. Who is the worst media whore?

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?"
-Patrick Henry-

Old March 14, 2018, 10:52   #19
lockjaw
Piggie Lips
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDMANPBK View Post
What do your children think needs to be done to make them safer at school?
They grew up around firearms, and they respect their elders.... and they don't have an issue with teachers carrying. I support it with adequate training.

There is a strong argument regarding how the nut job in Florida was able to purchase any firearm. That is a huge ugly subject, but it needs to discussed and addressed.

Of course, we.have the overly issue of addressing our societal values as a whole.

The demonstration is addressing a need for dialogue and action.... there are a wide variety of suggestions regarding how. How we get there needs constructive discussion, not finger pointing and angst.
Old March 14, 2018, 11:03   #20
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
King George said " you do not need guns, I will provide the Militia at Government expense, and keep you secure."

That decree was the basis for the Dick Act of 1903, and liberal thought ever since.

They simply will not recognize the 2nd Amendment as a Political Statement, the same as the rest of the Bill of Rights.

The marchers all support sanctuary cities, illegal immigration, disarmament, Islam, LBGTXDERLH'ers, and other anti American, unconstitutional abominations.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018, 11:07   #21
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Lot of Soros money involved IMO. I tend to agree with V

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018, 11:13   #22
OLDMANPBK
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

I'm glad to hear this. If the child of one of us here said that the answer to the problem was to ban guns I would have went into a deep despair. In my opinion this discussion should be taking place at PTA and local school board meetings. When the issue is raised to the level of a national media circus the discussion seems to become very one sided in favor of the left

Quote:
They grew up around firearms, and they respect their elders.... and they don't have an issue with teachers carrying. I support it with adequate training.

There is a strong argument regarding how the nut job in Florida was able to purchase any firearm. That is a huge ugly subject, but it needs to discussed and addressed.

Of course, we.have the overly issue of addressing our societal values as a whole.

The demonstration is addressing a need for dialogue and action.... there are a wide variety of suggestions regarding how. How we get there needs constructive discussion, not finger pointing and angst.

-Patrick Henry-

Old March 14, 2018, 11:24   #23
ratas calientes
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1841
Quote:
University of NM out this week, our high schools are closed in two weeks.

The kids I know at church wanted to do a walkout protesting the erosion of their 2nd amendment rights.

Great kids. I took some of the older ones . . . . 16-17 year-old young ladies and men . . . pistol shooting last fall. We had a blast! They really liked the suppressed .45.
Old March 14, 2018, 11:25   #24
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
https://www.activistpost.com/2018/03...rol-rally.html

"The mayor of Baltimore is receiving much-deserved criticism after she allocated $100,000 to bus students to a gun control rally in Washington D.C. later this month. The reason for the criticism is founded in the fact that students froze all winter long because the mayor says they have no money to fix the slew of broken heaters.

Earlier this year, students in Baltimore schools were told to bring blankets and cold weather attire to class every day because the heating systems in over one-third of all the schools were either broken or barely working. Students, faculty, and staff were forced to bundle up inside the school in January until it became so unbearable that the schools actually closed due to unsafe temperatures.

To most people, these underperforming, outdated, and broken heating systems would be a priority to get fixed. However, at the time, Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh claimed that there simply wasn’t enough money to make the repairs and upgrades.

It is not just the heat either. The infrastructure in the Baltimore school system is crumbling and many students find themselves unable to even drink the water. But we see where the priorities lie."
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018, 13:07   #25
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Quote:
What argument would that be? The we refuse to stop pumping up people with psychotropic drugs and worry about the "privacy" of insane people?
Old March 14, 2018, 13:16   #26
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:

These walk-outs are organized by leftwing groups/teacher unions that don't care about student safety, and largely populated by kids who just want to skip class.

To think that this has anything to do with a call for safety is very naive
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018, 13:33   #27
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
They should call it take someone's rights day,,, and cancel the slave auction.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018, 17:05   #28
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205
is alrinsky winning?

Has freedom been replaced with Free-Dumb.

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018, 18:36   #29
easttex
Registered

FALaholic #: 20438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
is alrinsky winning?
So winning. Saul Alinsky is winning bigly.

I just his mother had visited Planned Parenthood instead.

Molon labe
easttex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018, 21:00   #30
FALic
Registered

FALaholic #: 3119
My teenage daughters pressured me into voting for Trump... They take after their mother.

I'm in the people's republik of Commiefornia, I knew my vote wouldn't count so I was thinking about someone else as a protest vote.

Daughters straightened me out. As NRA junior rifle shooters, I think they take a dim view of all this. They we're telling me how they've carved up their peers between kids who shoot and those that don't. From there, everything else follows.

Oh, and they've NEVER spent a single day in public school...
Old March 14, 2018, 21:25   #31
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
These kids remind me of the Hitler youth.

How soon until their Leftist Anti-American leaders turn them fully against their parents?

This is the same thing starting to happen. Ignorant, fervent pawns of totalitarians bent on destroying all vestiges of freedom.

Not enough people were 'confessing' to their Doctors that they own guns.

Watch - the next move will be to have these Hitler-Youth-in-Training be part of a program to steal their parents guns and turn them into the Police, or to drop the dime on their parents with the 'gun restraining orders'.

The same way Hitler youth were always on patrol to turn in anyone who didn't follow the Nazi Party line, including their own parents.

Who needs parents when the The State is your parent? The State feeds you breakfast and lunch, babysits you all day, etc.

Just wait...
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018, 21:33   #32
lockjaw
Piggie Lips
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
These walk-outs are organized by leftwing groups/teacher unions that don't care about student safety, and largely populated by kids who just want to skip class.

To think that this has anything to do with a call for safety is very naive
Is that right? Out high school (Rockford, MI) and other Grand Rapids area schools walked out at a pre-scheduled time and held 17 minutes of silence for the 17 people killed in Florida.... and returned to class.

Who is naive?
Old March 14, 2018, 22:05   #33
lockjaw
Piggie Lips
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDMANPBK View Post
I'm glad to hear this. If the child of one of us here said that the answer to the problem was to ban guns I would have went into a deep despair. In my opinion this discussion should be taking place at PTA and local school board meetings. When the issue is raised to the level of a national media circus the discussion seems to become very one sided in favor of the left
.... and that is the rub.... the media circus focuses and highlights the exceptions to our society to perpetuate their agendas.

From my TANGIBLE observations, the "walk-outs" were more focused on mourning those who were killed and bringing attention that they are concerned that there hasn't been more proactive measures to keep them safe within the confines of their schools.

I support the students solidarity, maturity, and desire to stand up and protect themselves when our society failed to protect those who died in the multiple of past school shootings.

Our society as a whole failed the students and faculty that were killed with the walls that SHOULD HAVE protected them. PERIOD. "Why" needs to be addressed.
Old March 14, 2018, 22:54   #34
M90A1
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 3409
They're making a mountain out of a mole hill. If everyone is so worried about protecting kids, make it 21 to get a driver's license and a cell phone. Texting and driving kills many times more than guns. Neither kids nor parents will want to hear that. Talk about some wailing!

That being the case, what's the real agenda? We all know, and it ain't protecting the kids.
M90A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2018, 01:24   #35
Bertellione
Registered

FALaholic #: 66658
I think every little $hit that walked out should get to repeat the year. That would stop this walk out crap.
Old March 15, 2018, 01:58   #36
badzero
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 65818
Someone needs to start a movement to set the legal age for social media use and voting to 21. I mean if you're not responsible enough to own a gun before then, you sure aren't responsible enough to vote or voice your opinion.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

You can tell it's real because it looks so fake.
Elon Musk February 7, 2018
badzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2018, 02:23   #37
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205
if you are a kid till 26 (O care), take the vote away till then and start the draft up again.

Has freedom been replaced with Free-Dumb.

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2018, 02:27   #38
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Seems this walk out devolved into mayhem ...

Walkout was meant to be peaceful. But these students tore down flag, jumped on cop car, Tennessee police say

http://www.kentucky.com/news/nation-...205235894.html

Old March 15, 2018, 05:37   #39
Registered

FALaholic #: 66611
Well if they can get away with this crap, then someone should organize a walk out in support of the NRA and the Second Amendment. If it's approved for one, it should be allowed for the opposing view.
1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2018, 06:39   #40
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
if you are a kid till 26 (O care), take the vote away till then and start the draft up again.
Take the vote away, freedom of speech, legal drinking, heck raising the legal driving age would save thousands of lives.

Draft? 'Cause forced servitude represents freedom, right?

Actually, I'd like to see mandatory high school eliminated. Save that for those that want to really learn and go on to higher education. The rest can learn a trade, become useful at an early age.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote